|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Latulla, Keldon Overseer
Legendary Creature — Human Spellshaper
(X)(Red), Tap, Discard two cards: Latulla, Keldon Overseer deals X damage to target creature or player.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Latulla, Keldon Overseer Discussion
2 years ago
Stop rushing me guys...
- The Locust God - T2.5: We already have a working infinite mana deck made by Gigi. The fact that it needs colored mana limits the deck's options a bit, and makes it a little Glass-Cannon-y. The token it makes are also good fodder for Skullclamp to dig for your combo. T2.5 is a good place.
- The Scorpion God - T3 - Also an infinite mana game, but needs a bit more setup and is in weaker colors. The fact that he can pick off utility creatures and draw you cards while you set gives him decent utility. Middle of the road in T3.
- The Scarab God - T3 - Not terribly useful, but is a solid Nooze commander, and is a good finisher if anyone can think up any infinite Zombie combos. Lower end of T3.
- Djeru the Purified - T4 or 5 - Not sure yet. As merrowMania pointed out, he's a guarantied Karn or Ugin, but that's still a 5 mana tutor in the command zone that doesn't get the PW out right away. He's also in the weakest solo color identity. I feel this is more T5, but I'll leave it up to you guys.
- Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign - T4 - Draws you cards, changelings and blink effects might round this out a little, and he draws your deck if you go infinite with a sac outlet. Mono-blue is also strong enough to support a mediocre commander.
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded - T1.5 - I made a deck that wins on turns 3 to 4. Need I say more?
- Neheb, the Eternal - T3 - I've already seen some decent decklists that turn stuff like Heartless Hidetsugu into massive red X spells. At the very least his Afflict ability means he's a 3 mana ramp spell in the command zone. Seems good for T3. (viperfang4, If you wan't this to go higher you'll have to make a decklist. Krenko, Kiki, and Zada are already good combo decks, and none of them have been able to break out of T3 because of the weaknesses of mono-Red.)
- Fixed Grenzo link
- If no one objects, I'm going to add the Rishkar list I made to T3. It came out really nicely I think, and somehow I doubt anyone else is going to brew a Rishkar list anytime soon.
- Also adding my Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, as I don't think it's likely that anyone else is building her. (There are several high rated Lyzolda decks on T/O, but none are cEDH builds.)
- I'm going to add this deck I found as our Glissa, the Traitor deck:
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 79 | 48 COMMENTS | 18404 VIEWS | IN 48 FOLDERS
I don't think it's 100% optimized, but it's very close, and it has a lovely primer that goes over the fundamentals of Stax. (Also, having a Glissa list by somebody named Perfect_Phyrexia is to flavorful to pass up.)
- Added Gigi's Locust God list. Masterful also posted a list that was a good contender, but I felt it was a little too muddled in extra win conditions, and Gigi's seemed more straightforward.
- My Razaketh deck is about as perfect as I can make it. I can add it to the deckles section, but I'd like to get people's approval first. I know other people are trying this one, and as NarejED pointed out a while back, it's unhealthy for this project if the people who run it are overrepresented in its resources.
- Added DiabolicEsper's Scorpion God list.
- Added Gigi's more suped up Kozilek, Butcher of Truth list. He had the primer ready to go and everything. Im surprised he didn't put this up sooner.
- Added HezTheGod's Braids list.
Not sure if anyone's noticed (Nvrm, you noticed), but I added a TierBanned decklists section. I thought it would be neat to be able to show people what the banned commanders' decks might look like if we were allowed to play them. So far it only contains thegigibeast's Griselbrand storm list and Lilbrudder's old Leovold list, but anyone who wants to make a hypothetical decklist is welcome to.
The only rule is you can't use other banned cards in the 99, because that would be unrealistic compared to the other decklists in the description. The point is to see how the banned commanders would stack up as cEDH commanders, not how broken it's possible make the format with no banlist. There isn't much competition on cEDH decklists for banned commanders, so if you think you can make a good one then have at it. (Dibs on Rofellos.)
I've also added a new tier. As I'm sure you're all aware, we're going to be getting a new Un-set soon, Unstable. In preparation for the momentous occasion, I have added TierInsanity to the list! It fits right below TierBanned, so the layout of the list won't be affected. Since they are not legal in commander Un-legendary decklists can also fit in the TierBanned section. I will be adding lists for them as soon as I find people crazy enough to make them. (I found a funny Richard Garfield, Ph.D. deck floating around this site already, but I'd be happy with a new submission that actually tries to optimize the deck. Interestingly, an optimized Richard seems like it would actually need to play a lot of expensive cards, since you need to make it to 5 mana before you can use his ability.)
Also, a few pieces useful information on the un-commanders you should use if you're going to make a decklist:
- Frankie Peanuts cannot keep a player from conceding or force them to concede. Players can concede an any time, and this is outside of all game rules, Un or otherwise. Maro has specified this. Multiple times.
- Frankie Peanuts also does not force a player to reveal hidden information, or use hidden information to abide by the answer given. Source
- Richard Garfield can't let you cast cards as if they were cards that are banned in commander. Source
- For now at least, lets say that all of the cards in the 99 have to be black border. It would be too confusing otherwise.
Ohthenoises pointed out in comment that it might be worthwhile to consolidate a list of every commander that can be used to win the game as a outlet for infinite mana. I went through the list and here are the results:
- Thrasios, Triton Hero (colorless)
- Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (With sac outlet)
- General Tazri (With sac outlet)
- Tasigur, the Golden Fang
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier
- Breya, Etherium Shaper
- Sidisi, Brood Tyrant (With sac outlet)
- Sliver Queen (colorless)
- Oona, Queen of the Fae (colorless)
- Nin, the Pain Artist (colorless)
- Marath, Will of the Wild
- Grenzo, Dungeon Warden (colorless)
- Ghave, Guru of Spores
- Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (With sac outlet)
- Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed (Needs a finishing black spell to function) (Hard to interact with)
- Sakashima the Impostor (Needs a creature to copy with an ETB, LTB, or cast trigger to function)
- Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Needs infinite life gain triggers to function)
- Kefnet the Mindful
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa (Needs Creatures to function)
- Jazal Goldmane (Needs Creatures to function)
- Geth, Lord of the Vault (Needs an artifact or creature in each opponent's graveyards to function)
- Ezuri, Renegade Leader (Needs Elves to function)
- Depala, Pilot Exemplar
- Daxos the Returned (Needs Haste or grave storm to win same turn)
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (Needs Haste to function)
- The Scorpion God (Needs specific creatures)
- Reaper King (With sac outlet)
- Omnath, Locus of Rage (With sac outlet)
- Ambassador Laquatus (colorless)
- Bosh, Iron Golem
- Heliod, God of the Sun (Needs haste to win same turn)
- Ishkanah, Grafwidow
- Kaseto, Orochi Archmage (Only kills one player a turn)
- Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
- Nemata, Grove Guardian (needs Haste to win same turn)
- Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius
- Nylea, God of the Hunt (Needs Creatures to function)
- Oketra the True (Needs haste to win same turn)
- Rhonas the Indomitable (Needs Creatures to function)
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Verdeloth the Ancient (Colorless) (Needs Haste to win same turn)
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury (With sac outlet)
- Maga, Traitor to Mortals (With sac outlet) (partly colorless)
- Pia and Kiran Nalaar (With sac outlet)
- Vela the Night-Clad (With sac outlet)
- Yosei, the Morning Star (With sac outlet)
- Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign (With sac outlet)
- Kumano, Master Yamabushi
- Latulla, Keldon Overseer (Only kills one player a turn) (Needs cards in hand to function)
- Obzedat, Ghost Council (With sac outlet)
- Ghost Council of Orzhova (With sac outlet)
Interesting things to note about the results here:
There are far more of them than I expected in the lower tiers, specifically T4. I'm probably going to make some adjustments based on this.
"With a sac outlet" just means some way to remove the commander so you can recast it. Food Chain counts.
"Colorless" commanders mean you only need an unlimited amount of colorless mana to win. This is always going to be an edge for that commander, since making infinite colorless mana is possible in every color identity, and is a lower barrier to entry.
A lot of the commanders in the upper tiers have more effecient strategies that make infinite mana game plans unnecessary. For instance, it doesn't really matter that infinite mana wins you the game with Sidisi, Undead Vizier.
Based on evaluating commanders off of infinite mana gamelans, and my review of the lower tiers, I've decided to make some general upkeep adjustments to the lower tiers.
Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Moved to T4: She has a combo that blows up all non-creature permanents and is tutorable in her color. Not great, but better than useless.
Sakiko, Mother of Summer Moved to T4: That's a lot of ramp. I'm sure there are some green shenanigans that can capitalize on that. CMC 6 is a little hefty for the effect, but she's not uncastable.
Triad of Fates, Moved to T4: There's actually a surprising amount of ways to speed up this ability, from Thousand-Year Elixir to Illusionist's Bracers and Oblivion Stone to Eye of Doom. With a black/white color identity it's reasonable to have enough tutors to se them every game, and then you have a draw engine / creature removal option that can help you dig for combos. Not the greatest, but I think T4 is a better fit.
Obzedat, Ghost Council and Ghost Council of Orzhova, Both moved to T4: I'm a bit hesitant on these guys, since a while back I vehemently argued that they should stay right where they are, but if you look at them from an infinite mana perspective, and not as incremental life drain engines, then they suddenly become a lot less janky. They have a lot of hoops to jump through, needing both infinite colored mana AND a sacrifice outlet to remove themselves, but seeing as the best infinite mana combos in Black/White tend to use sac outlets already, it's probably enough to bump these two to T4.
Kumano, Master Yamabushi, Possible move to T4: Not sure on this one. On one hand, infinite mana is a guaranteed win. On the other, few combos in mono-Red, almost 0 tutors, and he's completely useless outside of the combo. Could be T4? Maybe? Tell me what you think guys.
Ambassador Laquatus, Moved to T3: Blue is one of the best infinite mana colors right now, with Basalt/Rings, Dramatic/Scepter, and Pili/Architect all being searchable by artifact tutors. Laquatus was in T4 mostly for being looked at as "Oona without black," but I think he's probably the best infinite mana commander in mono-Blue, and deserves a spot in T3.
Erebos, God of the Dead, Moved to T3: People have been clamoring for it. and while I still haven't seen a decklist that's cEDH worthy, I can't deny that refilling your hand from the command zone is good enough for T3
Ghoulcaller Gisa, Moved to T3: She's a competent Stax commander, and mono-black has good enough ramp to offset her 5 CMC.
Ishkanah, Grafwidow, Moved to T3. A G/B infinite mana sink is nothing to scoff at. I think we put her in T4 originally as a way to denote she was worse than other options of the same deck, like Tasigur. But now that that archetype has branched out into multiple decks due to Thrasios gabbing the top spot, it's a little unrealistic to act like only one commander can represent the infinite mana plan. Not having blue definitely hurts her, but G/B is a solid color identity, and the fact that she herself is a piece in Nim Deathmantle gives her a leg up as well.
Vela the Night-Clad, Moved to T3: Vela has always been a weird fringe deck that people don't know what to do with. The problem is mostly that her abilities seem contradictory. Do you want to focus on attacking with creatures, or do you want to make creatures leave play? It's a bit murky what strategy fits her best, but now that I've taken a look at her from an infinite mana combo, I think her best strategy is probably to look for an infinite mana combo with a sac outlet, and infinite LTB combo (Deadeye combo probs), or bomb with Blade of Selves/Rite of Replication. (Not to mention, a certain card that may or may not be coming out next set forms a 2 card combo with her.)
Lyzolda, the Blood Witch, Moved to T3: I already made a decklist on this. Infinite mana is a guarantied win.
- Jazal Goldmane Moved to T4: I defended Jazal for quite some time, as his unusual tiny creature aggro strategy can often deal 40 damage to a player on turn 4 or 5. However, with the increasing power level that recent card printings have pushed onto tiers 1 through 3, it's becoming quite clear that the ability to take out just one player quickly is better relegated to T4, as most voltron commanders are already.
The leaked commanders' placements so far. Not linking them, you can look them up if you want to.
- Ur-Dragon - T5
- Ramos - T2.5 maybe 3
- O-Kagachi - T4
- Wasitora - T4 maybe 3
- Taigam - T3 maybe 2.5 (I think we've been going about this guy the wrong way so far. Everyone's been building storm, but rebound doesn't really help storm. Something interesting I just came across is the idea of using him for turns instead. Rebound makes every Time Warp into a Time Stretch instead. Add in a little spell recursion and you could easily take 10+ turns in row. Tamiyo, the Moon Sage's ult would then turn that into infinite turns.
- Mynea Frian, Dark Apostle - T5
- Kopala, Warden of Waves - T4
- Admiral Beckett Brass - T4 maybe 3
- Gishark, Sun's Avatar - T5 maybe 4
- Tiehana, Voice of Thunder - T?
- Captain Lannery Storm - T5
2 years ago
Shard Phoenix? Seems janky, but I like the premise of discard something to Hazoret, then returning it.
Let's take a look at some burn spells:
Pyrokinesis for a surprise, Increasing Vengeance, Fork & Reverberate to copy em, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Skred if you just want to run snow mountains for reasons. Fiery Confluence is good for all modes, and maybe Collective Defiance?
I think Illusionist's Bracers ought to work.
Braid of Fire is a very janky way at generating boatloads of red mana to use only during your upkeep. could sink a ton into instant burn spells?
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle seems obligatory.
And for the non-budgetary purposes: Gauntlet of Might
Latulla, Keldon Overseer seems like janky fun.
3 years ago
mikedaddyswagz| No problem. I love deck teching with under-powered/ underplayed commanders especially ones with hidden potential that just need the right exploit to bring out like Latulla, Keldon Overseer, Sisters of Stone Death, and Yeva, Nature's Herald.
3 years ago
These are all the Red commanders I could find that weren't in your list:
Adamaro, First to Desire, Balthor the Stout, Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit, Brothers Yamazaki, Chandler, Diaochan, Artful Beauty, Dong Zhou, the Tyrant, Fumiko the Lowblood, Hivis of the Scale, Homura, Human Ascendant, Iizuka the Ruthless, Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot, Jeska, Warrior Adept, Jiwari, the Earth Aflame, Joven, Kamahl, Pit Fighter, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Kumano, Master Yamabushi, Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient, Latulla, Keldon Overseer, Lu Bu, Master-at-Arms, Ma Chao, Western Warrior, Mannichi, the Fevered Dream, Maraxus of Keld, Myojin of Infinite Rage, Rakka Mar, Rorix Bladewing, Ryusei, the Falling Star, Shimatsu the Bloodcloaked, Skyfire Kirin, Squee, Goblin Nabob, Starke of Rath, Tahngarth, Talruum Hero, Tarox Bladewing, Telim'Tor, Tuktuk the Explorer, Yuan Shao, the Indecisive, and Zurgo Bellstriker.
3 years ago
Latulla, Keldon Overseer is in TierFiev
3 years ago
Almost got it in three hours, I'm only like 20 minutes late.
Assuming a 6 tier system:
To be moved from T5 to T6: (Rationale: french-vanilla, overcosted with no pay-off, or just vitually no effect on the game.)
Akuta, Born of Ash, Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Baron Sengir, Bartel Runeaxe, Boris Devilboon, Cho-Manno, Revolutionary, Arcades Sabboth, Atogatog, Chromium, Circu, Dimir Lobotomist, Cloudhoof Kirin, Commander Greven il-Vec, Crovax the Cursed, Dakkon Blackblade, Daughter of Autumn, Gabriel Angelfire, Gallowbraid, Gosta Dirk, Grandmother Sengir, Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, Halfdane, Hazduhr the Abbot, Hivis of the Scale, Huang Zhong, Shu General, Hunding Gjornersen, Ihsan's Shade, Irini Sengir, Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot, Iwamori of the Open Fist, Jacques le Vert, Kei Takahashi, Kentaro, the Smiling Cat, Lady Caleria, Liu Bei, Lord of Shu, Livonya Silone, Lord Magnus, Ma Chao, Western Warrior, Marhault Elsdragon, Morinfen, Myojin of Cleansing Fire, Myojin of Life's Web, Orim, Samite Healer, Palladia-Mors, Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix", Pavel Maliki, Princess Lucrezia, Purraj of Urborg, Rashida Scalebane, Rashka the Slayer, Reveka, Wizard Savant, Riven Turnbull, Rohgahh of Kher Keep, Shimatsu the Bloodcloaked, Sima Yi, Wei Field Marshal, Soraya the Falconer, Spirit of the Night, Stangg, Taniwha, Tarox Bladewing, Telim'Tor, Tuknir Deathlock, Tuktuk the Explorer, Ur-Drago, Vaevictis Asmadi, Veldrane of Sengir, Xun Yu, Wei Advisor, Yukora, the Prisoner, Zhang Liao, Hero of Hefei, Zhao Zilong, Tiger General, Zhou Yu, Chief Commander, Zuberi, Golden Feather.
(I left out Ramirez DePietro because I just didn't have the heart to be the one to demote him. I mean, come on, he's a pirate. Pirates should get their own tier...)
Moved from T4 to T5: (Rationale: mediocre voltron stats w/ limited defensive or evasion abilities, effects that don't have a strong effect on the game.)
Arashi, the Sky Asunder, Adamaro, First to Desire, Alexi, Zephyr Mage, Atalya, Samite Master, Autumn Willow, Ayumi, the Last Visitor, Balthor the Stout, Bounteous Kirin, Cabal Patriarch, Cao Ren, Wei Commander, Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip, Commander Eesha, Daghatar the Adamant, Diaochan, Artful Beauty, Dong Zhou, the Tyrant, Eron the Relentless, Fumiko the Lowblood, Geist of Saint Traft, Gerrard Capashen, Ghost Council of Orzhova, He Who Hungers, Heidar, Rimewind Master, Higure, the Still Wind, Iizuka the Ruthless, Iname as One, Iname, Life Aspect, Isao, Enlightened Bushi, Infernal Kirin, Jareth, Leonine Titan, Jedit Ojanen of Efrava, Jiwari, the Earth Aflame, Kamahl, Pit Fighter, Karona, False God, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Kaysa, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Kiyomaro, First to Stand, Kiku, Night's Flower, Kodama of the North Tree, Kumano, Master Yamabushi, Korlash, Heir to Blackblade, Kuon, Ogre Ascendant, Lady Evangela, Lady Sun, Latulla, Keldon Overseer, Linessa, Zephyr Mage, Llawan, Cephalid Empress, Lovisa Coldeyes, Masako the Humorless, Masumaro, First to Live, Munda, Ambush Leader, Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens, Oriss, Samite Guardian, Pianna, Nomad Captain, Pharika, God of Affliction, Polukranos, World Eater, Radiant, Archangel, Ragnar, Rakdos the Defiler, Rayne, Academy Chancellor, Rorix Bladewing, Ruhan of the Fomori, Sensei Golden-Tail, Shauku, Endbringer, Shisato, Whispering Hunter, Silvos, Rogue Elemental, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Sosuke, Son of Seshiro, Squee, Goblin Nabob, Starke of Rath, Sun Ce, Young Conquerer, Sunastian Falconer, Tahngarth, Talruum Hero, Tajic, Blade of the Legion, Takeno, Samurai General, Thriss, Nantuko Primus, Tymaret, the Murder King, Vhati il-Dal, Vorosh, the Hunter, Zhang Fei, Fierce Warrior, Zurgo Bellstriker.
Moved from T4 to T6: (Rationale: a combination of the last two. These guys really didn't belong in T4 in the first place.)
Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior, Hakim, Loreweaver, Hikari, Twilight Guardian, Kodama of the Center Tree, Kuro, Pitlord, Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon", Maga, Traitor to Mortals, Mannichi, the Fevered Dream, Meng Huo, Barbarian King, Nagao, Bound by Honor, Obzedat, Ghost Council, Patron of the Nezumi, Patron of the Kitsune, Tivadar of Thorn, Zhang He, Wei General, Zuo Ci, the Mocking Sage.
Moved from T3 to T4: (Rationale: Just basing this off of my experience with the commanders and the synergies available to them. Trying to split into Good Tier and Average Tier. Priorities for Good Tier: commanders that have built in methods of dodging removal and disruption (e.g. Thrun, the Last Troll), and commanders who's strategies quick swing the board out of proportion if left unchecked (e.g. Rakdos, Lord of Riots).)
Adun Oakenshield, Akroma, Angel of Fury, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, Angus Mackenzie, Anowon, the Ruin Sage, Athreos, God of Passage, Balthor the Defiled, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Borborygmos Enraged, Bosh, Iron Golem, Crovax, Ascendant Hero, Dragonlord Atarka, Dragonlord Dromoka, Dragonlord Silumgar, Dralnu, Lich Lord, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Erebos, God of the Dead, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Feldon of the Third Path, Gahiji, Honored One, Garza Zol, Plague Queen, Godo, Bandit Warlord, Heliod, God of the Sun, Homura, Human Ascendant, Iname, Death Aspect, Isperia, Supreme Judge, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Jenara, Asura of War, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Jolrael, Empress of Beasts, Jori En, Ruin Diver, Kaervek the Merciless, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Kaseto, Orochi Archmage, Keranos, God of Storms, Kodama of the South Tree, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Kothophed, Soul Hoarder, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lavinia of the Tenth, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, Mangara of Corondor, Marrow-Gnawer, Mayael the Anima, Mirri the Cursed, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer, Nahiri, the Lithomancer, Nin, the Pain Artist, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Norin the Wary, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Olivia Voldaren, Patron of the Akki, Patron of the Orochi, Pia and Kiran Nalaar, Radha, Heir to Keld, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Sapling of Colfenor, Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, Surrak Dragonclaw, Surrak, the Hunt Caller, Sygg, River Cutthroat, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Thraximundar, Thromok the Insatiable, Toshiro Umezawa, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Ulasht, the Hate Seed, Urabrask the Hidden, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Vendilion Clique, Venser, Shaper Savant, Visara the Dreadful, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Xira Arien, Yasova Dragonclaw, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, Zada, Hedron Grinder, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Sorry for the lack of spoilers. They don't seem to work on my browser, and I don't want to just type in code and hope for the best.
3 years ago
Since I figured out the basics of commander, I have ended up with 5 diffrent commander decks.
Current Commander Decks Show
Daxos of Meletis: My first EDH deck, its a straight to the point voltron deck where I gain a ton of life and steal your topdecks.
Savra, Queen of the Golari: Its a janky golgari EDH deck. Doesn't function well. Moving along.
Jor Kadeem, the Prevailer: Artifact Aggro. Pretty simple. Holds up... ok.
Jalira, Master Polymorphist: A janky yet competitive blue deck that turns creatures into other creatures. Its a lot of fun to pilot.
I have my 5 EDH decks, but I feel like I still have so many legends, and building/playing EDH is so much fun. So I have grabbed most of my legends, good and bad, and posted them here. I would like to know which one you all think should pilot my next EDH deck.
Note: I am trying to preserve as many of my non-edh decks as possible, since not everyone likes to play commander all the time.
The Legends Show
Erebos, God of the Dead: More mono-black devotion? A 5/7 body for 4 isn't bad, and the card advantage is nice in EDH. Could be fun.
Masako the Humorless: Seems more like a 99 card, but its a legend, so its up here. Idk what deck she would pilot to be honest.
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker: I love this guy. Got him for free from a friend (original Kamigawa version too), and he is fun to mess with. A 2/2 body for CMC 5 is a bit... concerning... but some crazy shenanigans could go on with him, especially with all the red Undying cards.
Lazav, Dimir Mastermind: Good ol' Lazav. Icould see him at the helm of EDH mill, but is EDH mill really a good idea?
Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker x2: Ditto Lazav.
Dragonlord Kolaghan: Only here because its a legend. Seems like a pretty crappy commander to me. :P
Krenko, Mob Boss: GOBLINS EVERYWHERE! I love Krenko, though making a Krenko EDH would force me to dismantle one of my favorite casual decks, my Mono-Red Goblin Fun Time deck.
Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit: Seems like a better 99 card for Krenko than a commander, but who knows?
Lavinia of the Tenth: Meh. Detain is cool, but is it cool enough to boost her out of the 99? Probably not.
Skeleton Ship: This card is quite funky. -1/-1 EDH? I would need to purchase singles for that one.
Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper: My newest legendary, he seems like he could build a fun edh deck. GO MY PRECIOUS LANDS, ATTACK! Nothing like having every instant/sorcery animate a land for no additional cost.
Vorel of Hull Clade: Counters all the way home! I already have Ezuri though, so is he better as a 99 in ezuri or worth building a new deck to pilot?
Tymaret, the Murder King: Seems lackluster as a commander. I wouldn't know though, I don't have a huge scope on how each commander plays.
Marath, Will of the Wild: Got him in a card lot. He is a go-to commander. I might build with him anyways, because he is literally build for this format.
Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury: Dragon tribal aggro edh? Sounds like FUN!
Narset, Enlightened Master: Narset is nifty. I bet she would make a nifty commander deck.
Melek, Izzet Paragon: I hear he is good in EDH. Is he good in EDH? He seems good in EDH. Copy all them spells.
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit: Another legend who seems more like a 99'er then a general. She could pilot a mono-white token/soldier deck though.
Medomai the Ageless: A cool sphinx who gives me extra turns. I don't know what deck he would pilot, but it could be cool.
Latulla, Keldon Overseer: Discard for straight damage. Not sure how well she would do as a general.
Jiwari, the Earth Aflame: Like Latualla, but without the discard clause.
Zurgo Helmsmasher x2: Zurgo wants to smash some face. He could be a fun aggro commander.
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death: Could be another fun aggro commander, or a 99'er in Zurgo.
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner: Seems like a powerful creature, put good enough for a general? Looks like another 99'er.
Grenzo, Dungeon Warden: Could be another goblin commander, and he opens up the possibility of black goblins cards, like Dralnu's Crusade. Same problem as Krenko though, I don't know if I want to take apart my goblin deck.
Arcanis the Omnipotent: Expensive, but gets me lotsa cards.
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur: 10 MANA! Thats a lot, but he keeps my opponents hands empty while making sure I always have gas. Though, he could mill me if I'm not careful...
Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot: His only upside is that he rides a goat. Thats it. Next!
Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer: Artifact funtime with Slobad! I do hope to get the C14 Daretti deck though, so Slobad would probably ride in the 99 there.
Kiku, Night's Flower: Interesting card, feels more like a 99'er than a general.
Glissa Sunseeker: Ditto Kiku.
Hythonia the Cruel: Cool card, though I own like 3 Gorgons total.
Anthousa, Setessan Hero: This card feels underwhelming. I bet in the right build though, this card could be nice, but when the lands are only 2/2's, the risk on creature based land destruction seems pretty high.
Wow, thats a lot of legendaries that aren't currently commanders! What do you guys think? Which legends here are the most fun to build/pilot? I would love to know! :D
No data for this card yet.