|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Legendary Creature — Zombie Naga
Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)
When Sidisi, Undead Vizier exploits a creature, you may search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Sidisi, Undead Vizier Discussion
3 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 week ago
I think you want to go in on the self-mill, make zombies theme, so you should trim the fat on things that don't fit what you want to do. I like the dredge cards, and I like the cards that put cards from the top of your library into your graveyard to trigger Sidisi, Brood Tyrant .
Cut Prime Speaker Vannifar , Razaketh, the Foulblooded , Sidisi, Undead Vizier , Tasigur, the Golden Fang , Taigam, Sidisi's Hand , The Scarab God . I'm not big on counters, so I'd probably leave out Frilled Mystic . Liliana of the Veil and Liliana Vess don't really fit the theme. Switch Wonder for Filth , especially since you're running Urborg. I think most of your tutors could go, so Diabolic Tutor and even Jarad's Orders could go. I'm not sure Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord fits very well, other than he's a zombie. If you see yourself sacrificing lots of zombies to him, then keep him.
You should run Rooftop Storm , and consider Soulquake . Take out Shriekmaw and put in Fleshbag Marauder (fits the tribe), and don't forget that Gray Merchant of Asphodel is a zombie, too, and you're running a high black pip count; he'll pay off. I'm wavering on Meren and Muldrotha; I see why they are here, and how the will be useful...especially Muldrotha. If you had to choose one, I'd keep Muldrotha. Villainous Wealth is fun, but is it what you want this deck to do?
I hope that helps you get started!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hey, River of Sacrifice is a great deck name, nice one. Do you have the cards in the maybeboard? There's several very good cards there (Demonic, Reanimate, Will, Vindicate, Koilos, Confluence, Heath, Godless, Dreams) if you have them put them into the main deck :)
I agree with bradtheimpaler13, Razaketh, the Foulblooded is the upgrade to consider, he's good enough to build around. Ways to get him into your graveyard and reanimate him help to get him onto the battlefield faster.
Other cards to consider adding, most are to strengthen the aristocrat theme:
- Command Tower
- Caves of Koilos
- Fetid Heath
- Mana Confluence
- Tainted Field
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim
- Blood Artist
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier
- Remorseful Cleric
- Selfless Spirit
- Day of Judgment
- Wrath of God
- Anguished Unmaking
- Swords to Plowshares
Cards to consider cutting:
- Forsaken Sanctuary
- Orzhov Guildgate
- Vivid Marsh
- Orzhov Basilica
- Barrier of Bones
- Bloodmist Infiltrator
- Carrier Thrall
- Dread Shade
- Knight of the Last Breath
- Martyred Rusalka
- Priest of Forgotten Gods
- Pitiless Pontiff
- Scholar of Athreos
- Resolute Watchdog
- Twilight Panther
- Necromantic Selection
- Tragic Slip
- Revival / Revenge
- Macabre Waltz
- Bankrupt in Blood
- Sorin, Grim Nemesis
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Hi! I'm personally constructing a more budget-friendly Teysa myself and was wondering:
- Are there any options for a more budget-friendly protection package?
- Is it worth it to run tutors such as Diabolic Intent and the aforementioned Sidisi, Undead Vizier if I am already running a large card draw package?
- Divine Visitation ?
- Is Open the Armory valuable enough if I am playing clamp?
3 weeks ago
Some Humble Recommendations
Don't forget Cemetery Reaper , Cryptbreaker , Havengul Lich , Prized Amalgam , Risen Executioner , Wonder , Tidehollow Sculler , Zombie Master , Graveborn Muse , and, if the $$ is still right : Mikaeus, the Unhallowed , and Sidisi, Undead Vizier .
- Buried Alive (Big One)
- Coat of Arms (Also Big)
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Graf Harvest
- Necromancer's Stockpile
- Cathars' Crusade (probably)
- Unconventional Tactics (better than it looks)
- Bad Moon
- Altar of Dementia
- Stitch Together
- Mind Shatter (why the fk not)
- Patriarch's Bidding (again if you down with the $$)
- Anguished Unmaking
Stuff to Drop
3 weeks ago
I'm taking a look right now alexander.rokickiand the first thing I noticed is your land base, honestly, you can drop it down to 30-32 lands and be fine, gives your more room to work with so that you have space for other things to make your opponents fear you. take out 7 plains and 10 swamps, my land suggestions: Shizo, Death's Storehouse , Phyrexian Tower , Fetid Heath , Tainted Field , Caves of Koilos , just to name a few lands. You also absolutely need tutors in competitive play, here are my main suggestions Demonic Tutor , Vampiric Tutor , Grim Tutor , Sidisi, Undead Vizier and Razaketh, the Foulblooded , all great tutors, 2 of which are creatures themselves that sac, which your deck likes.
If you have a discord and on any MTG servers, I can go more in depth to help you out my friend, I love deck building and will do anything to help out!
1 month ago
Protean Hulk Sidisi, Undead Vizier Razaketh, the Foulblooded Cultivate Kodama's Reach Nature's Lore Farseek Fecundity Reassembling Skeleton Krosan Restorer Wirewood Lodge Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Triskelion Walking Ballista Necrotic Ooze
Sidisi, Undead Vizier occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
BUG (Sultai): 0.91%