|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2014||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Wizard
, , Sacrifice another creature: Put X 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ghoulcaller Gisa Discussion
3 days ago
Nice theme. I think you should definitely run Ghoulcaller Gisa, especially since you are running both Lashwrithe and Nightmare Lash. Equip one of those to a lowly little token, sac it to Gisa, and go really wide. Repeat each turn.
5 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
DasTree: Because Savra herself, and the various Grave Pact effects I have in the deck, plus the sac outlets themselves allow most of my creatures to trade at better than 1-for-1 with my opponent's, I'm actually usually okay letting everyone draw. Obviously I don't activate it if I've got, say, Erebos, God of the Dead out, but Mikokoro works in a pinch.
Archive seems great, I'll see if I can fit that in, but Jarad is... underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, he's a great general in his own right, but I don't have the other big creatures to fling with him, so adding him would require really revamping the entire creature packages I'm running. Gitrog, similarly, is a good general, but forces me to sac lands, which doesn't get me much advantage.
Grind: Skeletal Vampire is a bit overcosted for what he does. The reusable sacrifice is decent, but I'd rather be playing Ghoulcaller Gisa for that kind of effect. Ulamog is in here because there's a pair of mill decks running around in my meta, otherwise I agree, he's not the best for the deck. The reshuffle is nice on occasion, though. Terastodon's another good card, but like you said... it gives people tokens to sac.
1 week ago
Have you thought of Ghoulcaller Gisa? With some of the recursion you have, you could really flood the board with zombies.
1 week ago
looks like a solid deck! I have a couple ideas that i hope will improve your deck!
Fleshbag Marauder is super good!
Grimgrin, Corpse-Born is great!
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon seems out of place
Rise from the Tides seems out of place as well
Call to the Grave is very good
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet isn't a zombie but makes them and provides a good effect for commander!
Maybe add a some sources of life gain as well, Whip of Erebos is a good one
1 week ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
1 week ago
Building a Ghoulcaller Gisa deck is very hard due the fact its a five drop, takes set up, and pretty easily.
That being said, I would tag all your cards into categories and see how the foundation looks. I use the tags #mana, #draw, #fodder, #land, #utility, #token, and #anthem.
Use something similar or the same, make it so that you can easily tune your deck better.
The next to you have to worry about is the cards, you have to careful and watch which way the deck leans towards. Most of the time I see good stuff builds with Ghoulcaller Gisa.
I noticed you had a lot of situational cards in your deck, like Avatar of Woe. It can be used as utility, fodder, and a beater at the same time. But what cost will you pay when you see her?
This is the way I built my Ghoulcaller Gisa, good luck. I look forward to seeing what you will come up with.
2 weeks ago
Hey man, I'm playing G&G at my LGS lately and they've been running very good, they're the only truly zombie tribal commander in my opinion. There are some cards you should definitely get in your deck:
Piranha Marsh should be cut, even a basic Swamp it's better. 1 life means nothing in Commander, an untapped land beats that EVERY time.
Unknown Shores fixes your colors, true, but you'll be tapping 2 lands for 1 mana.Sunken Ruins does the job needed best than everything else, but it's expensive. Darkwater Catacombs is a very good alternative, and it's easier to find and much cheaper, since it just got reprinted in C16.
Skyline Cascade has an interesting effect, didn't know that one it may worth trying it. I still play Halimar Depths to take a little look on what will be going to the graveyard before casting G&G.
I'm pretty sure you're aware of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but that shouldn't stop me from mentioning it. Does marvels with Zombie Master.
Related on the previous Urborg point, it's close friend Cabal Coffers worths every dollar you spend getting it. And while we're talking about lots-of-mana-producing lands, I shall include in this point Crypt of Agadeem and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, since you're more inclined to black than blue. Fatestitcher will untap them and there you go, more mana than can be spent.
Fleshbag Marauder, just keep casting him and sacrificing himself, get rid of pesky indestructibles or hexproof or whatnot. Works well with your Dictate of Erebos.
Convolute and Cancel should go. 3 mana can pay for lots of better counterspells, just to name a few: Dissipate, Dissolve, Hinder, Spell Crumple, Forbid (my favorite). If the double blue is an issue, then you got options as well: Negate, Arcane Denial, Swan Song...
Lastly, since I was talking about flavor, G&G on their independent cards aren't that bad, especially Ghoulcaller Gisa. And if you got them both working together, you can spawn a big zombie with Stitcher Geralf and sac it to Gisa for lots of tokens.
Hope any of these helps, though most of them aren't that new of ideas.