|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Saviors of Kamigawa (SOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Ayumi, the Last Visitor
Legendary Creature — Spirit
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Ayumi, the Last Visitor Discussion
1 year ago
Hi these are in my opinion some bad card choices for your deck.
- Library of Leng it's just simply a worse option than Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel.
- Ghirapur Orrery you shouldn't use this having green. You can just use Exploration for the additional land drops, its way cheaper to cast and only benefits yourself. You wont use the second ability of the orrery because you will draw a lot of cards from Gitrog (that's why you made it your commander) so you're just helping your oponents. There are also many creatures that allow you to play additional lands.
- Dark Heart of the Wood You can only sacrifice Forests and the 3 lifes doesn't seem to be worth it.
- Rites of Flourishing Once againg helping others more that yourself. You'll already be drawing more cards that your oponents and there are better ways to put lands on the battlefield.
- Overwhelming Stampede awesome card but feels it's on the wrong deck, you dont have many creatures, you won't be drawing it together with Avenger of Zendikar
- Decree of Pain and In Garruk's Wake two super high cost board wipes, you may not be able to cast them when you need a board wipe. There are many low cost budget options Bontu's Last Reckoning, Deadly Tempest, Life's Finale or Deathbringer Regent to name a few. Or you can have one tailored to Gitrog with Kindred Dominance there wont be many Horrors and Frogs on the Battlefield so you can be pretty sure it will destroy everything but Gitrog.
- Artisan's Sorrow A bit expensive for a Naturalize with Scry 2. I kinda like better for the same CMC those that give you a card Mystic Melting, Slice in Twain and Rending Vines (lower CMC, but a bit conditional). The most popular version of naturalize for EDH players is Krosan Grip but there are many options for you to explore.
- Grisly Spectacle a weak card in my opinion, milling your opponent a few cards is futile unless your game is milling them to death but if you are running it I gues it's because you dont have anything better. You have many options in black for removal, my favorite is Silence the Believers
- Ayumi, the Last Visitor If you are running this it's because your meta has a lot of legendary lands, even so it may be better for you to get some flyers, this card won't kill your oponent fast enough.
- Liege of the Tangle high cost slow and pray your oponents don't have a boar wipe in their hands once you turn your lands into creatures after you attack.
- Penumbra Spider I suppose flyers give you a hard time and that is why you run this. It gives you two blocks (as it will most likely die on each block) without really solving your problem. Deadly Recluse will keep more scary flyers away than you can countb (nobody wants to waste a perfectly good dragon on a CMC 2 common spider), Silklash Spider has a decent toughness and can hurricane those pesky flyers, Ishkanah, Grafwidow will put three extra bodies with Reach on the Battlefield or maybe what you need is a Whirlwind.
- Phage the Untouchable lovely card with lots of charisma but you can't give her Haste and Hexproof/Shroud with Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves she may be useless. You only have the Key to the City and Rogue's Passage to get her through the enemy lines. I hope she never gets flicked because you would lose the game.
You can check my own The Gitrog Monster deck Deadly Gitrog that capitalizes on Deathtouch (Gitrog's and many other deathtouchers in the deck) and has a lot of recursion to get some ideas. It works amazingly in my group. Many cards in your deck are also in mine.
2 years ago
Welcome to my area of expertise. I love building decks nobody has ever thought up and using cards that are purely jank. I'll name a commander and then couple cards people have either forgot or think are useless and a general theme you could play (no pressure to play it that way).
And those are just the "A's" when I searched on gatherer for all legendary creatures. I could go on, but it's up to your creativity. If you like what I'm pitchin, feel free to either take one of these ideas or do some research of your own on a commander you might want to do something phunky with.
3 years ago
These are all the Green commanders I could find that weren't in your list:
Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Arashi, the Sky Asunder, Autumn Willow, Ayumi, the Last Visitor, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Bounteous Kirin, Eladamri, Lord of Leaves, Glissa Sunseeker, Hua Tuo, Honored Physician, Iname, Life Aspect, Isao, Enlightened Bushi, Iwamori of the Open Fist, Jedit Ojanen of Efrava, Jugan, the Rising Star, Kaysa, Kodama of the Center Tree, Kodama of the North Tree, Lady Zhurong, Warrior Queen, Masumaro, First to Live, Melira, Sylvok Outcast, Meng Huo, Barbarian King, Mirri, Cat Warrior, Myojin of Life's Web, Nemata, Grove Guardian, Polukranos, World Eater, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro, Sakiko, Mother of Summer, Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant, Seton, Krosan Protector, Shisato, Whispering Hunter, Shizuko, Caller of Autumn, Silvos, Rogue Elemental, Sosuke, Son of Seshiro, Surrak, the Hunt Caller, Verdeloth the Ancient, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, and Zuo Ci, the Mocking Sage.
3 years ago
Almost got it in three hours, I'm only like 20 minutes late.
Assuming a 6 tier system:
To be moved from T5 to T6: (Rationale: french-vanilla, overcosted with no pay-off, or just vitually no effect on the game.)
Akuta, Born of Ash, Anthousa, Setessan Hero, Baron Sengir, Bartel Runeaxe, Boris Devilboon, Cho-Manno, Revolutionary, Arcades Sabboth, Atogatog, Chromium, Circu, Dimir Lobotomist, Cloudhoof Kirin, Commander Greven il-Vec, Crovax the Cursed, Dakkon Blackblade, Daughter of Autumn, Gabriel Angelfire, Gallowbraid, Gosta Dirk, Grandmother Sengir, Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, Halfdane, Hazduhr the Abbot, Hivis of the Scale, Huang Zhong, Shu General, Hunding Gjornersen, Ihsan's Shade, Irini Sengir, Ishi-Ishi, Akki Crackshot, Iwamori of the Open Fist, Jacques le Vert, Kei Takahashi, Kentaro, the Smiling Cat, Lady Caleria, Liu Bei, Lord of Shu, Livonya Silone, Lord Magnus, Ma Chao, Western Warrior, Marhault Elsdragon, Morinfen, Myojin of Cleansing Fire, Myojin of Life's Web, Orim, Samite Healer, Palladia-Mors, Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix", Pavel Maliki, Princess Lucrezia, Purraj of Urborg, Rashida Scalebane, Rashka the Slayer, Reveka, Wizard Savant, Riven Turnbull, Rohgahh of Kher Keep, Shimatsu the Bloodcloaked, Sima Yi, Wei Field Marshal, Soraya the Falconer, Spirit of the Night, Stangg, Taniwha, Tarox Bladewing, Telim'Tor, Tuknir Deathlock, Tuktuk the Explorer, Ur-Drago, Vaevictis Asmadi, Veldrane of Sengir, Xun Yu, Wei Advisor, Yukora, the Prisoner, Zhang Liao, Hero of Hefei, Zhao Zilong, Tiger General, Zhou Yu, Chief Commander, Zuberi, Golden Feather.
(I left out Ramirez DePietro because I just didn't have the heart to be the one to demote him. I mean, come on, he's a pirate. Pirates should get their own tier...)
Moved from T4 to T5: (Rationale: mediocre voltron stats w/ limited defensive or evasion abilities, effects that don't have a strong effect on the game.)
Arashi, the Sky Asunder, Adamaro, First to Desire, Alexi, Zephyr Mage, Atalya, Samite Master, Autumn Willow, Ayumi, the Last Visitor, Balthor the Stout, Bounteous Kirin, Cabal Patriarch, Cao Ren, Wei Commander, Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh Flip, Commander Eesha, Daghatar the Adamant, Diaochan, Artful Beauty, Dong Zhou, the Tyrant, Eron the Relentless, Fumiko the Lowblood, Geist of Saint Traft, Gerrard Capashen, Ghost Council of Orzhova, He Who Hungers, Heidar, Rimewind Master, Higure, the Still Wind, Iizuka the Ruthless, Iname as One, Iname, Life Aspect, Isao, Enlightened Bushi, Infernal Kirin, Jareth, Leonine Titan, Jedit Ojanen of Efrava, Jiwari, the Earth Aflame, Kamahl, Pit Fighter, Karona, False God, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Kaysa, Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, Kiyomaro, First to Stand, Kiku, Night's Flower, Kodama of the North Tree, Kumano, Master Yamabushi, Korlash, Heir to Blackblade, Kuon, Ogre Ascendant, Lady Evangela, Lady Sun, Latulla, Keldon Overseer, Linessa, Zephyr Mage, Llawan, Cephalid Empress, Lovisa Coldeyes, Masako the Humorless, Masumaro, First to Live, Munda, Ambush Leader, Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens, Oriss, Samite Guardian, Pianna, Nomad Captain, Pharika, God of Affliction, Polukranos, World Eater, Radiant, Archangel, Ragnar, Rakdos the Defiler, Rayne, Academy Chancellor, Rorix Bladewing, Ruhan of the Fomori, Sensei Golden-Tail, Shauku, Endbringer, Shisato, Whispering Hunter, Silvos, Rogue Elemental, Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer, Sosuke, Son of Seshiro, Squee, Goblin Nabob, Starke of Rath, Sun Ce, Young Conquerer, Sunastian Falconer, Tahngarth, Talruum Hero, Tajic, Blade of the Legion, Takeno, Samurai General, Thriss, Nantuko Primus, Tymaret, the Murder King, Vhati il-Dal, Vorosh, the Hunter, Zhang Fei, Fierce Warrior, Zurgo Bellstriker.
Moved from T4 to T6: (Rationale: a combination of the last two. These guys really didn't belong in T4 in the first place.)
Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior, Hakim, Loreweaver, Hikari, Twilight Guardian, Kodama of the Center Tree, Kuro, Pitlord, Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon", Maga, Traitor to Mortals, Mannichi, the Fevered Dream, Meng Huo, Barbarian King, Nagao, Bound by Honor, Obzedat, Ghost Council, Patron of the Nezumi, Patron of the Kitsune, Tivadar of Thorn, Zhang He, Wei General, Zuo Ci, the Mocking Sage.
Moved from T3 to T4: (Rationale: Just basing this off of my experience with the commanders and the synergies available to them. Trying to split into Good Tier and Average Tier. Priorities for Good Tier: commanders that have built in methods of dodging removal and disruption (e.g. Thrun, the Last Troll), and commanders who's strategies quick swing the board out of proportion if left unchecked (e.g. Rakdos, Lord of Riots).)
Adun Oakenshield, Akroma, Angel of Fury, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, Angus Mackenzie, Anowon, the Ruin Sage, Athreos, God of Passage, Balthor the Defiled, Baru, Fist of Krosa, Borborygmos Enraged, Bosh, Iron Golem, Crovax, Ascendant Hero, Dragonlord Atarka, Dragonlord Dromoka, Dragonlord Silumgar, Dralnu, Lich Lord, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Erebos, God of the Dead, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Feldon of the Third Path, Gahiji, Honored One, Garza Zol, Plague Queen, Godo, Bandit Warlord, Heliod, God of the Sun, Homura, Human Ascendant, Iname, Death Aspect, Isperia, Supreme Judge, Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Jenara, Asura of War, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Jolrael, Empress of Beasts, Jori En, Ruin Diver, Kaervek the Merciless, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas, Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Kaseto, Orochi Archmage, Keranos, God of Storms, Kodama of the South Tree, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury, Kothophed, Soul Hoarder, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Kresh the Bloodbraided, Lavinia of the Tenth, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip, Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, Mangara of Corondor, Marrow-Gnawer, Mayael the Anima, Mirri the Cursed, Mogis, God of Slaughter, Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer, Nahiri, the Lithomancer, Nin, the Pain Artist, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius, Norin the Wary, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath, Olivia Voldaren, Patron of the Akki, Patron of the Orochi, Pia and Kiran Nalaar, Radha, Heir to Keld, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Sapling of Colfenor, Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, Surrak Dragonclaw, Surrak, the Hunt Caller, Sygg, River Cutthroat, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Thraximundar, Thromok the Insatiable, Toshiro Umezawa, Trostani, Selesnya's Voice, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Ulasht, the Hate Seed, Urabrask the Hidden, Varolz, the Scar-Striped, Vendilion Clique, Venser, Shaper Savant, Visara the Dreadful, Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Wrexial, the Risen Deep, Xira Arien, Yasova Dragonclaw, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, Zada, Hedron Grinder, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Sorry for the lack of spoilers. They don't seem to work on my browser, and I don't want to just type in code and hope for the best.
3 years ago
You'd have to have some way to protect yourself against Back to Nature effects but other than that, it sounds fun. I love the Genju cards, especially as a cheeky way to enable Legendary Landwalk (put Genju of the Realm on an opponent's land, activate the ability, then use something like Ayumi, the Last Visitor to smack 'em upside the head). As long as you're not trying to make it super competitive, which I don't think is possible with a theme deck like this, it seems pretty viable.
No data for this card yet.