Legendary Creature — Shade Knight
Protection from white
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ihsan's Shade Discussion
9 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
11 months ago
naynay666: Hell yeah BRO!!!! Puts on shades
RNR_Gaming: Thanks! It is worth mentioning that I made the deck a few months before K'rrik was spoiled and I originally ran Ihsan's Shade . This isn't a K'rrik deck, it's a shade deck that accepted K'rrik when he was spoiled. He does speed the deck up 9-15 turns so that's nice!
1 year ago
I had an idea which I wanted to share for a while. Let's face it; Pauper EDH isn't very popular. If anything, people avoid it due to the overwhelming amount of non-legendary Commons they can pick from to be their General. While it could be argued it breaches the spirit of Pauper, I think Uncommon Legendaries (Of the myriad of options we have, largely thanks to Dominaria and Masters sets) should be legal as Commanders for Pauper EDH. There's so much untapped potential in these creatures! Adeliz, the Cinder Wind could be incredibly good in Wizzet Tribal, Baird, Steward of Argive gives you what's essentially a white Propaganda, Bladewing the Risen could make Dragons interesting in Pauper again, Zada, Hedron Grinder is so much bigger than Valuetown she's practically the Value Capital of Value Country, Danitha Capashen, Paragon shows potential for mono-white Voltron, Grunn, the Lonely King has just as much if not more, Hallar, the Firefletcher could have interesting Synergy with Kicked spells, Ihsan's Shade which is an Uncommon thanks to Masters 25 might have potential, Iwamori of the Open Fist could do Legendary tribal better than Arvad the Cursed despite the Color identity, Jalira, Master Polymorphist could make for a great mono-blue Cascade deck, Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" miiiight do something interesting, and Kwende, Pride of Femeref is another solid addition to the overwhelming amount of White commanders and acts like a slightly Nerfed Odric, Lunarch Marshal. And these are just the ones I thought were worth mentioning. I really want this idea to catch on, because Pauper EDH is struggling, and it saddens me.
Edit: I've been told that you can use any uncommon in Pauper Dragon Highlander. My input isn't nearly as useful anymore, but I would like to say that a lot of these have great potential for Pauper EDH nonetheless.
2 years ago
I'm hoping that one of the antagonists is Baron Sengir. The last we saw him it appeared his new army was ready to venture through the dwarven gate on ulgrotha. Its never been revealed where the gate leads, though the baron has sent minions through the gate before and none have returned. This could account for the fact that we have see Sengir Vampire on dominaria before when they shouldn't really be there.
Without going into detail we are currently about 60 or so years in the timeline AFTER leshrac saw Ihsan's Shade readying a vampire army to cross the gate. Which would mean, if the gate did in fact lead to dominaria, the Baron could have established a foothold here and become a player in whatever is going on. It would also better explain Kazarov, Sengir Pureblood being in the set.
Not to mention there would be a vampire army to fight Bolas's zombie army and how awesome is that!
2 years ago
Yes! The filter lands are finally being reprinted! I nearly shouted for joy when I read that announcement, but I did not, because I was at work. I do wish that all ten were being reprinted, but some are better than none at all, and I imagine that WotC shall reprint the other five at some other point. The reprint of Mikokoro, Center of the Sea is also very nice; this set definitely has some of the best lands of any recent set.
Another card that I desired is being reprinted; Ihsan's Shade, and with new artwork, which is very nice, but does not quite have the same aura of darkness and mystery that the original had.
I have seen some players complaining about this set, and I wonder how they can, when the set contains so many awesome cards; some people simply cannot be pleased, it seems.
2 years ago
I also would like to see Ihsan's Shade in this set, as I am certain that that card would look great in the new border style and with new artwork.
3 years ago
Also, here's a Semi-Comprehensive Collection of Magic Polyptychs and Diptychs, including almost all the panoramic Lands. Here's the related thread on r/MagicTCG too.
3 years ago
Ihsan's Shade would also be a very night reprint, because it would be awesome with new artwork (although that is not to say that its original artwork is not awesome, because it is very awesome).