Prossh, Skyraider of Kher
Legendary Creature — Dragon
When you cast Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh.
Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
|Have (2)||PTsmitty , Forkbeard|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher Discussion
14 hours ago
Hey I just wanna say I love this deck! It bears quite a bit of similarity to my own Tana and Reyhan Partner Token Stuff. I'm digging the manland tech in Raging Ravine, that works very well with Reyhan and the like. One thing I'll recommend is to add in a manland like Mishra's Factory or Mutavault so that you can activate them, post-boardwipe, with Reyhan's +1/+1 counter triggers on the stack -- that saves them all and the reason those two are specifically called out is that they can tap for mana, and use that mana to become a creature. Once I drop Mishra's Factory, I basically don't use it as mana if Reyhan is out so that I can always save the counters. Have you thought about Dryad Arbor and Green Sun's Zenith ?
I recently discovered Fallen Ideal myself, that is one sweet piece of spice. Greater Good I ended up cutting, since i so rarely had large creatures, but your list looks like it might avoid that issue better than mine. I didn't even realize Thunderscape Familiar was a thing, that is fantastic.
What are some of the weak points you see in your list during actual gameplay? Mine is always a weakness to board wipes, obviously, but especially when someone turns off my ability to use Dictate of Erebos via Angel of Jubilation , Tajuru Preserver , or Sigarda, Host of Herons . An older version of your list was actually one of the main inspirations for the linked deck above, but I ended up taking it a bit more combo direction. You haven't lived until you get both Prossh, Skyraider of Kher and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest out to play with Reyhan on board. Purphoros, God of the Forge on board when I hit with Tana, the Bloodsower or chord out an Avenger of Zendikar ? Yes please.
Anyway, great deck! I love its current state.
6 days ago
KayneMarco, Believe it or not, this deck was a Shattergang Brothers deck once upon a time. It was a bit slower and more control focused. After he got unseated by Prossh, Skyraider of Kher , I ended up swapping him out for faster/free outlets such as Yawgmoth, Thran Physician , Attrition , and Ashnod's Altar . In comparison to cards like these, I would never bother paying the mana for sacs when I could do similar things for less.
1 week ago
I like it. I also have a Prossh deck feel free to check it out! One card i would like to suggest adding to your list is Murderous Redcap as it goes infinite with Prossh, Skyraider of Kher and Rhythm of the Wild +1 from me :)
1 week ago
Want something off-beat? How about Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer ?
Wanna really have a game where you're spinning the wheel? Atla Palani, Nest Tender . Like a token Cascade!
Wanna be the unconventional token strat that goes tall instead of wide? Take a look at Feldon of the Third Path !
Krenko, Mob Boss can get out of hand, I'm sure.
You could sac your way to the win or just go wide with Prossh, Skyraider of Kher !
Need something totally typical? Might I suggest Rhys the Redeemed ?
How about Rith, the Awakener devotion tokens. I hear White has some good stuff for that?
Teysa Karlov is sitting in the middle of the Orzhov web of power. Know what that means? Lots of tokens and a lot more death.
Need to come out of nowhere with an enormous beat stick? Ulasht, the Hate Seed is your beat stick!!
Valduk, Keeper of the Flame is another beefy boi who benefits from auras and equipments a lot... as do Tana, the Bloodsower and Siona, Captain of the Pyleas ... Here's something else entirely. Voltron tokens?
Hope that was enough options.
3 weeks ago
I practice a lot with my pod and that's where I do alot of deck revising. Even though my pod is competitive, the decks still vary and are different compared to tournament play. So it's always a battle of which cards to keep or switch out.
I still haven't had any time to play or look through the deck; but wanted to comment still just on my experience which I'm sure is different than yours.
You stated you switched out Reveillark for Worldgorger Dragon and that you have yet to use the Worldgorger Dragon combo and the same is with me. I have yet to use it and feel as of now, its taking up slots. I want to say, I have used Reveillark while it was in the deck. So based off these two cards alone and nothing else, I would add Reveillark back just based off the fact I've used it and have yet to use Worldgorger Dragon
After stating that, I am 100% behind buffing up Line 1 or Line 2. With the addition of Imperial Recruiter and Recruiter of the Guard although it looks great on paper, seeing the capabilities they'll add, it does in fact take you way outside your scope; they are incredibly great tutors but I feel the synergy lacks, by that meaning there is no snowball It's a One and Done deal. Let's say you do add in these two in place of WGD and BHK. What is the probability of you drawing into them? If you draw into a Demonic Tutor on T2 are you really going to tutor for either one of those cards? I dont think so, I feel they are cards that will be useful midway in your game or if the first 2 lines are disrupted.
I use Imperial Recruiter in my Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck but that's because it synergizes so well. Allowing me to tutor for one goblin, after another, after another allowing them to hit the battlefield that same turn with their low CMC and act as enablers. Thus, ending the game that turn.
You have more experience and you know this deck a hell of a lot more than I do. So that is also where things might make more sense to you as to me. I'm still learning it, so my opinions might not make sense.
I have Mox Diamond in the deck and it has worked greatly. I wouldn't think twice about taking it out. If you're able to do so, I would highly suggest adding it. Also you added Aven Mindcensor , why the addition of Chains of Mephistopheles ? which synergizes with Mausoleum Secrets but is it to Prevent additional card draw for the low CMC it provides? Act as a Thoughtseize if you're stuck with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker allowing you to discard? If you have Aven Mindcensor why not go the route of adding in Stranglehold and/or even Maralen of the Mornsong . Why not test out that route? Instead of trying to get away with adding Imperial Recruiter and Recruiter of the Guard . I understand you're trying to stay in the lines of comboing and trying to go off but It's just a thought.
I have Sire Of Insanity in the deck, one game I got Kaalia of the Vast out and swinging on T2 dumping Sire Of Insanity onto the field. That completely disrupted the game. I drew into Avacyn, Angel of Hope on T3 and everyone ended up scooping by T6. Luck of the draw, I thought it was quite fun and funny. By doing so, I had no intentions of any combos which is why I played it to begin with.
There was also one point where I had added Altar of the Brood and Felidar Guardian . Using the Buried Alive Combo but instead dumping Karmic Guide , Restoration Angel and Felidar Guardian . I understand there is an additional step by having to dump Altar of the Brood onto the field making it a step slower but with its low CMC cost, it's not that difficult. Also, I would only tutor up that combo if Altar of the Brood was in my opening hand. I also would pull it off after they were expecting the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker combo, so it added a bit of confusion.
As with anything in this game, you just got to throw things in and play the games out. That's really the only way you'll get any idea if it'll work or not. seeing it on paper looks nice but how well will it actually perform? It's just time consuming because it isn't like we can play 100 games back to back to figure out what cards can stay and go.
I'm definitely going to try and get some games in over the holidays, i'll get back to you with what cards I have in that are different to yours. Let me know your thoughts and suggestions. Keep us updated.
1 month ago
I haven't been playing much. Work plus the holidays has taken too much of my time.
The last time I played, I unfortunately couldn't stay and complete the games, I had to leave after the first round but I did win on T3 with the Buried Alive + Reanimate combo before having to pack up and leave.
I have to get some shut eye so I can't get too much into great detail but thing's I've noticed are:
Have yet to use the Worldgorger Dragon combo, even having it in hand; I've personally had no need to use it. I almost feel as if the deck has to be built up a little more around it or making It almost one of it's primary combo's. I could be wrong, you'll have a better observation about this than I would.
Demonic Consultation as you stated, was also a dead card for me. Even having it in hand, I never once used it.
I know our decks are almost identical with the exception of only a few cards and I know I do not have Bogardan Hellkite in mine. I'll have to check over mine and see which cards I have that are different than yours.
Leonin Relic-Warder combo is my favorite. I feel they never see it coming when I use it. I've only used it a handful of times but there has been games where I intentionally dragged it on just so I can use it. lol, bad idea I know! but that's how much I enjoy it playing it.
I have Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast in my Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck and to be honest, I have never used them but they're in there still, I guess it's more for safe keeping, because well you just never know. I would use Silence personally over those in this deck. I might just have to add it in and see how it work's out but I don't know, do you feel you need cards as such in the deck?
I seen you put Dockside Extortionist how has it been working for you? You find ways to loop it or abuse it with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker ? I've fooled around with it in some other decks that I have but I felt it's more valuable if you can flicker it, other than that, I've had it in hand a few games where I've held onto it until T4 before it would become of any value and by that time i'm already set up to win.
Simian Spirit Guide might be a better addition than Dockside Extortionist ? I have it in every deck that contain's It is one of the more recent cards that I put in this deck but unfortunately I have yet to use it.
Maybe dockside > Worldgorger? Maybe Vice versa? Maybe Simian > Both of them?
I agree 100% that a second Buried Alive interaction would be of better value. I'll look into it more and get back to you if I come up with anything of value. The whole Doomsday thought was just giving me a headache, trying to find line's for that was making me grow gray hairs lol. So I gave up.
until next time!
1 month ago
Gleeock, I've been looking into that, actually. I have identified 10 cards I can slip in.
I am considering removing the following, for their respective reasons:
- Gauntlet of Power : It costs to much mana and assists my opponents in ramp. I am not looking to build a group hug deck.
- Extraplanar Lens : While there is strong power here, I also feel I have enough solid ramp and cost reduction that I do not need it. I play games and win just fine in tests without having it on the field. There are even times where I find it slows me down because I get greedy and play it too early, removing lands from play. For example, if I have three lands out but exile my only red source, I kind of screw myself over.
- Rimescale Dragon : With Lens out of the deck, I have reason to run Snow-Covered Mountain s. That is to say, I was running SCMs because it puts a soft-lock on my opponent's ability to ramp off my card. If they have normal Mountains, they gain no benefit. They would need specifically a Snow-Covered Mountain. Well, if I am not using snow lands, I don't benefit from Rimescale.
- Glacial Crevasses : Again, no snow lands = no need to run this.
Now only two of these are actually mainboarded; Gauntlet and Lens. I play many games without using these and things work out just fine. So it becomes a matter of what to replace them with.
I'd like to stick to the Dragons if able, only because I'd get the most value out of Lathliss. However, other control-like Enchantments work as well.
The list of Dragons I am looking at currently are the following:
- Hoard-Smelter Dragon : Gives me another control outlet on a Dragon. Similar to Steel Hellkite in that I can remove threats or problematic cards. I can break combo pieces apart or destroy stones to slow opponents down. It also works great to remove Voltron equipment. Without being a tap ability, I can sink an entire turn's worth of mana into it and blow up 2 or 3 artifacts late game.
- Knollspine Dragon : Giant hand replenishment card. There are plenty of times where I swing for 14+ damage. That's 14 cards. The value there is just immense. Possibly even better than Dragon Mage because I don't give my opponent's new cards, too.
- Moonveil Dragon : Functions as another anthem. Lathliss, Dragon Queen and Purphoros, God of the Forge both serve in this capacity. Having a 3rd Dragon might be useful, too.
- Mordant Dragon : A weaker version of Balefire Dragon . I may honestly replace Demanding Dragon . I don't want to give my opponent a choice in the matter. That's what makes Glorybringer and Flameblast Dragon so good - I choose where I want the damage to go.
- Thunder Dragon : Seems like a decent sweeper, but only if the boardstate is light enough. I'm not sure how this would fare in the changing meta. 3 damage probably isn't worth it late game, and early game it'd be too hard to reliably get out. Just posting it here so you know I thought of it.
- Zodiac Dragon : I was considering this only because I find it interesting that it gives me essentially an unkillable Dragon. No matter what the boardstate becomes, I would always have Zodiac and Lathliss I can fall back on. I just find that a bit interesting, but I don't think I should try and force Golgari into mono-red. Though, to be fair, I also have Haven of the Spirit Dragon which returns a Dragon as well as Daretti, Scrap Savant who can return Steel Hellkite and Moltensteel Dragon . So there is precedent for it in this deck.
Additionally, I have identified:
- Price of Glory : Completely shuts down reaction-based decks.
- Citadel of Pain : Forces mana-drain.
- Ashling's Prerogative : Another source of haste. If I choose even, all of my 6-cmc Dragons (Which are most of them) gain haste. Likewise, my tokens (0 cmc) also gain haste. It also gives my Commander haste.
I think I'd rather go with the enchantments I feel that slowing opponents down while I burn them out with passive triggers is a great foundation to rely on as I churn out an army of Dragons. Sort of keeps the pressure off of me to keep going as fast as possible. This way, if I get a hand with 2 or 3 6-cmc Dragons but also a 3-cmc control enchantment, I can keep it knowing I have a soft lock on the game for a few turns.
After I finalize this deck, I plan on building a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck, running Korvold, Fae-Cursed King as a "secret Commander". That will be far more of a "regular" EDH deck with interactions, wraths, tutors, land spell cards, etc. :)
1 month ago
Thank you for the suggestions. My play group has someone who plays Aluren and I will definitely keep that a secret until it is too late. I have thought of using Prossh, Skyraider of Kher and I will keep it in mind but I think there can be only one dragon for this deck at the moment. I really appreciate the suggestions.