Geth, Lord of the Vault
Legendary Creature — Zombie
Intimidate (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or creatures that share a colour with it.)
: Put target artifact or creature card with converted mana cost X from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control tapped. Then that player mills X cards.
|Want (4)||jeremy_hogaboom , Mr.Bubbles11 , Amathos , JazzCrimes|
Printings View all
|Double Masters (2XM)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Mythic Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Geth, Lord of the Vault occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Geth, Lord of the Vault Discussion
1 month ago
Ah, I have piloted a mono-black discard deck for quite the number of years. I have Chainer, Dementia Master at the helm myself, as he is a rather powerful card when everyone's hands are empty, thus he reigns unanswered. Therefrom, a great amount of methods may be used to win.
Tinybones is less of a finisher itself, more so a value engine. As such, I would recommend possessing a lower curve to take advantage of the card draw and more potent finishers within the deck to hent for victory. Also, having card draw outside of the commander would grant a better backup plan. A discard deck's goal is to empty each opponent's hand and win by going unthreatened. If no players have cards to discard, Tinybones cannot provide draw.
The changes I would make are more instants so you kill things once they resolve as opposed to waiting a full turn, swifter discard in the early game to make your commander more effective, stronger finishers for the sake of ending the game betime, and just cutting some cards.
So, first, there are some things I would remove.
- Murderous Compulsion may go with the discard theme, but it's conditional removal at sorcery-speed.
- Bad Deal is ironically a bad deal, as it is six mana for two cards gone.
- Assassin's Strike is just egregious. A six-mana sorcery to kill one thing and they discard but one card. Begone.
- Unnerve is fine but not great. Being a one time effect at four mana, I dislike it, though Xantcha is a great character in the art.
- Haunting Hymn is six mana, which is far too late for discard effects to be effective. You want discard early, as it makes it far more difficult for decks to catch their footing.
- I have the same reason for Tasigur's Cruelty.
- Cabal Conditioning has an identical reason.
- I have a shortlist for this category, being creatures without long-game value; Burglar Rat, Liliana's Reaver, and Banshee of the Dread Choir have discard stapled to them, but don't do much else whilst lacking much in terms of evasion for Larceny.
- Scythe Specter is slow and other cards just do its job better, and Herald of Anguish is slow and lacks fodder for its second ability.
- Necrogen Spellbomb is just crap. Two mana for one card from a single player's hand is awful. Don't play this.
- Awaken the Erstwhile neglects the game plan of having more cards than your opponents whilst lacking the option of going back. I'd just add a stronger finisher.
Alright. With that out of the way, I may suggest other cards.
Upon card draw, you have none outside of the Trinket Thief, Rankle, and Geth's Grimoire. I'd add any of Phyrexian Arena, Sign in Blood, Underworld Connections, and Dread Presence. Necropotence may seem as if it negates the strategy, but it is always worth it.
Lightning Greaves just seem great.
Now, for the finishers I have many. Do note that these are meant to be played when people haven't any cards in hand, hence lacking answers for these once on the field. Sheoldred, the Whispering One grants value from each player's bin whiles eating at their board. Abhorrent Overlord offers a swarm of flyers to end the game. Grave Titan is much the same. Archfiend of Despair goes well with Tinybones's second ability. Though I am not too fond of it, Archfiend of Spite offers much. Geth, Lord of the Vault hents the opponent's graveyards to swarm the board. Kokusho, the Evening Star is a massive threat that harms upon death. Kothophed allows for a quite a bit of card draw. Lord of the Void is always fun. Lastly, Gray Merchant of Asphodel does so much every time it hits the field.
Of course, I'd add more ramp and reanimation. Mind Stone, Arcane Signet, Charcoal Diamond, and Lake of the Dead are great for ramp. Animate Dead, Reanimate, and Dread Return are fine ways to get stuff from anyone's yard, save for the Return.
That shall be all from me. Do enjoy your day!
2 months ago
There's a promo of Brain Maggot that is absolutely disgusting and perverse, I think it'd be pretty cool.
In terms of extra cards, I'd suggest some legendary creatures from the Kamigawa blocks, not only is their art exactly what you're looking for, but some have the same theme as your deck. Here's the ones I would suggest:
- Seizan, Perverter of Truth
- Iname, Death Aspect
- Patron of the Nezumi
- Kyoki, Sanity's Eclipse
- Kuro, Pitlord
- Yukora, the Prisoner
Some extra weird cards that I've found in my journey's:
- Greel, Mind Raker
- Ashling, the Extinguisher
- Geth, Lord of the Vault
- Macabre Waltz
- Treacherous Urge
- Mindstab Thrull
- Blood Funnel
- Kheru Bloodsucker
Overall, really cool deck theme! I'd put in an Underworld Dreams because it's pretty creepy and goes great with your theme +1
2 months ago
I think this'd be fun:
Axax-Azog, Captor and Butcher
Legendary Creature - Demon
: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
Here is the list of Steel Thanes, all are black aligned, but Azax-Azog resides in the mountains and steals Urabrask the Hidden's forces:
- Sheoldred, Whispering One — The head of the Steel Thanes.
- Kraynox, the Deep Thane — Described as masculine, he lords over the corrupting Phyrexian oil and hopes to construct a fourth layer as a slick, oil-covered vista. Also known as "The Manylegged One".
- Roxith, Thane of Rot — Described as masculine, he lords over flesh used as a building and sculpting material, he has plans to design the fifth layer of this New Phyrexian made entirely of flesh.
- Geth, Lord of the Vault — The self-described Thane of Steel, Geth's undead severed head was offered a deal to give him a necrotechnical body in exchange for his help in the Phyrexian attempt to gain a foothold in Mirrodin's surface. In reward, he was returned his lordship over Ish Sah, the Vault of Whispers.
- Azax-Azog, the Demon Thane — He lords with fear and brutality.
- Thrissik, the Writhing Thane — Described as a snake, he fought Roxith. Believes in an everlasting and ever-improving cycle of destruction and resurrection.
- Vraan, Thane of Blood — A compleated vampire who leads a group of vampiric assassins.
Choose another (but not Geth, Lord of the Vault, as he already has a card), and make it a card.
3 months ago
It seems to have been quite a while since this deck have been updated. Is it possible we might see an update in the future after we have gotten some pretty cool new toys for this deck like:
And i had some questions about cards you might consider adding or why you have them in your deck at the moment.
Rooftop Storm: Although 6 CMC is high, it can net you mana quite quick with the amount of card draw you have and with only 3-non zombies it should be possible to benefit from it quite often.
Endless Ranks of the Dead: The upkeep trigger is not amazing as it is lowering the amount of zombies produced by quite a bit. But if going wide with more zombie token generation do you think it could be slot in?
Noosegraf Mob: This one confuses me a bit. 5x 2/2 zombie tokens for 6 mana, that relies on your opponents to cast spell to produce them and the noosegraf just dies. How has it performed? I can see it do some good work but i have never really expected this card to be that good.
Josu Vess, Lich Knight: How often has this guy been good? 4 mana for a 4/5 zombie is okay, but not amazing, and his kicker ability is good, but not amazing as it costs the same as a flashback Army of the Damned and you get 5 less zombies. But how has he performed?
Havengul Lich: It seems to be a cheaper less on theme scarab god ability, but still quite good, what do you think of this card?
Grimgrin, Corpse-Born: If you can get him up and running he can definetly be a beater, but how has he performed.
Geth, Lord of the Vault: Seems really good, is he mostly used to get other ramp pieces or can he be used to get other creature threats?
The deck still looks amazing, but would be nice to see an update soon and how you would adjust with these new cards :D
3 months ago
dbsharkeyjacoby: The reason for the zombie lords isn't for the zombie tribal theme, but the buff they offer. Death Baron gives us the ability for our zombies to have Deathtouch, so unless we're getting swung with flyers, our opponents will think twice about swinging towards us. Lord of the Undead gives us the ability to recur a vast majority of our creatures, which are zombies. Undead Warchief reduces the cost of our zombies. Out of the 20 creatures in the deck, 50% of them are zombies.
Due to these effects, you'll see why I'm not running Lord of the Accursed, all it does is give our zombie duders menace, which would require us to need to swing more. If our game gets to that point where we need to turn sideways, I'd rather use Liliana, Defiant Necromancer and/or Geth, Lord of the Vault to steal creatures, and any of our other beefy boys and swing with.
Cryptbreaker was in the deck originally, but was cut due to not having enough utility. You need to tap three zombies to draw a card? Okay, that's three creatures less we have to defend with, and defend our Lili's with. The discard outlet is fine, but unless Ensnaring Bridge is out, we don't wanna be dumping cards from OUR hand, we wanna be dumping cards from either everyones hand or our opponents hand.
Ruthless Sniper costs mana for it's give -1/-1, not really ideal. Bone Miser is a fine card, but it's very costly. Archfiend of Ifnir is a good card, and I'll consider it, if I find myself in games coming across a common dead card in hand, to swap it out with.
As for the Lili's, Liliana, Dreadhorde General has been considered, however her cmc is way higher and will destabilize the curve more, as well as she runs more in Zombie Tribal. The only value I feel I'd get out of her is killing my creatures to draw a card, which may work, but I fear it'll be way too situational. Liliana, Death's Majesty runs best in a more zombie tribal theme.
The biggest thing to keep in mind with some of these higher cost suggestions is that we are running mono-black. We don't have access to ramp outside artifact ramp, and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
4 months ago
I recommend Mimic Vat. It can double and in some cases triple the amount of damage Konrad deals. When a creature dies, put it on the vat: that's 1 damage from dying, and another damage for leaving the grave if the creature was yours. Then the old imprinted creature falls off the vat, another damage. So 2-3 damage per creature dying instead of 1!
Here are others you might consider: Neko-Te, Witch's Cottage, Memorial to Folly, Crypt of Agadeem, Buried Alive, Champion of Stray Souls, Death Denied, Empty the Catacombs, Footbottom Feast, Bone Harvest, Wake the Dead, Geth, Lord of the Vault, Cauldron of Souls, Dread Summons, Awaken the Erstwhile