Geth, Lord of the Vault
Legendary Creature — Zombie
Intimidate (This creature can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or creatures that share a colour with it.)
: Put target artifact or creature card with converted mana cost X from an opponent's graveyard onto the battlefield under your control tapped. Then that player puts the top X cards of their library into their graveyard.
|Want (5)||baeda735 , jgw61692 , FilipinoWT , Veneficus , Deliwashere|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Mythic Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Geth, Lord of the Vault occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Geth, Lord of the Vault Discussion
17 hours ago
As I'm looking around the site, I'm seeing the majority of mill decks focus on self mill and reanimation. This one looks pretty cool! I just finished building a deck, Drawing Dead, that focuses on milling the opponent. However, I can see from your deck list that there are probably a couple of cards to consider. i.e. Geth, Lord of the Vault. If you get a second, check out my deck. I'd really appreciate your thoughts!
1 day ago
Maybe cut some of your expensive mana cards for ramp. Specifically, I would look into cutting Geth, Lord of the Vault for Arcane Signet or another cheap ramp spell. Also Erebos's Intervention is a new card I'd look into.
6 days ago
I love Avatar of Woe . But I also recommend reanimation effects in any mill deck, especially one that hits itself with stuff like Mesmeric Orb . This is also why I still recommend Oona, Queen of the Fae , although I still like Geth, Lord of the Vault more, but you should absolutely be running Necrotic Ooze is you have killer active abilities like these.
I also tore apart my Phenax deck because I pulled a The Scarab God and now I have a mill/self-mill/zombie token deck that I just absolutely love.
1 week ago
Mirko Vosk isn’t all that great unless he can connect with the opponent. You’ll do more mill with your walls than you will with him. Replace him with Avatar of Woe
Sire of Stagnation isn’t really on theme here, and is expensive. You’re better off with Lord of the Void or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger if you’re looking for an impactful creature, but I’d probably choose Geth, Lord of the Vault or Oona, Queen of the Fae since they’re more on flavor and are good mana sinks if needed.
You have very little spot removal, Hero's Downfall , Doomblade etc, so be careful there. Also, Black has access to Plague Wind In Garruk's Wake and even Mutilate , and you definitely should be running Cyclonic Rift over Aether Gale . Board wipes are important, and you’ll have the largest toughness to survive those “all creatures get -x/-x” effects, so make use of them - Toxic Deluge would probably be the absolute best.
Don’t forget about Laboratory Maniac , because you can mill yourself.
All those cards that mill opponents when you draw a card are taking away from other cards you need unless you’re drawing a ton of cards in a turn. Notion Thief and Teferi's Puzzle Box is the absolute best combo for dimir (imho) and pairs well with those cards, but a lack of Howling Mine like effects makes these cards less relevant to the mill from your walls. Memory Erosion will just do you more work.
Tutoring is important if you’re running combo, so don’t forget Diabolic Tutor or other expensive ones if you feel like buying them.
Biggest thing is just remember you’re trying to mill a billion at a time, not little bits here and there. If a card isn’t milling a ton, replace it with something else that’s more impactful. Combo pieces are nice, but without tutoring they’re unreliable.
1 month ago
Hey OscarGoldman! First of all, apologies on the lack of replies, I've been out of the MTG environment for sometime, but was able to return recently. I think Sidisi as commander would be a much better fit for the nooze combo and would be an overall faster deck for your meta. However, I've played some games and do confirm I need to change some cards again.
Some of the outstanding cuts that I'm seeing at this point are:
Charcoal Diamond <> Not sure on this cut may keep as is as additional rocks don't hurt.
Maybe even adding Nooze to here. With Nooze, are we going the full package? ie: mikaeus+trike+phyrexian devo+ballista? Or just walking ballista+phyrexian?
1 month ago
Hey MagicalHacker. Thanks for taking the time and sharing some tips! I actually had a look at your deck in action as one of the sources for inspiration. Great stuff!
Before going over your suggestions, do you have any tips on what to cut :)? Would be nice to also hear your view on what cards you think I shouldn't run.
This is how I currently evaluate the cards you mentioned:
- Animate Dead , Necromancy & Reanimate : I like these cards, but I found the other graveyard recursion cards to be more appealing. I prioritized runing cards that can get me multiple creatures from the grave over one-shot effects. I might get Reanimate back in the list someday just because of the nostalgia factor.
- Aura Thief , Steal Artifact & Steal Enchantment : I don't like that these cards are narrow in application. I prefer to have card with a lot of options over more efficient ones in a control deck like this. Aura thief is really strong, but I am not running ways to get it to the grave reliably (like a sac outlet). That is why I ended u cutting it.
- Control Magic & Dream Leash : Great options if I get some more room for more steal effects. Dream leash is really strong. However, I prefer the other 5-drops I'm running atm, and I want to keep my curve nice and smooth.
- Geth, Lord of the Vault : love this card. However, I ended up cutting it for curve considerations.
- Grave Betrayal & Mind's Dilation : Both cards I like and have been in decks before. However, they are both do-nothing-enchantments for 7 mana. I like the 7-drops I ended up including better (and again, I want to keep a smooth curve).
- Memory Plunder : I don't like this card. It's mana cost is quite prohibitive with all the colored mana and only gets back 1 card. I like Spelltwine better. I might undervalue the fact that it's an instant, but with my playstyle I'm not expecting to hold up 4 mana with this deck.
- Mimic Vat : Fun card, but more at home in an arsticrats-style deck imo. It doesn't have additional synergy with what the deck is doing as I run very few ways to kill creatures.
- Agent of Treachery & Gilded Drake : I already run this duo in my Roon deck, where they are way more busted than in Silumgar. And I prefer to keep my decks distinct if possible.
- Mass Manipulation : Cool card and one I'd like to try out sometime :). Will see if I can acquire one.
- Commandeer : A card I would love to run, but quite pricey, and I haven't gotten around to acquire it yet.
- Pendant of Prosperity : A lovely trinket to steel back. I will give this card some thought :).
Again, thanks for checking out the deck!
GL & HF,
1 month ago
Comparing my Silumgar deck to yours, they are about half or more different (including lands), but I wanted to point out eighteen cards I think you should consider adding, nine of which are already on your maybeboard:
Animate Dead , Aura Thief , Control Magic , Geth, Lord of the Vault , Grave Betrayal , Memory Plunder , Mimic Vat , Mind's Dilation , and Steal Artifact should move into the mainboard from the maybeboard.
Agent of Treachery , Commandeer , Dream Leash , Gilded Drake , Mass Manipulation , Necromancy , Pendant of Prosperity , Reanimate , and Steal Enchantment should skip the maybeboard and go straight to the mainboard.
These are simply my suggestions! If you are unsure of if these cards are as good as I say they are, check out my deck at The Bloodhall Season 1 - Dragonlord Silumgar and you can see how the deck plays in videos in its description.
1 month ago
+1 my guy. @Your post
Darkblast is probably playable.
Phyrexian Reclamation is a great way to access your graveyard.
I would remove most of your milling artifacts to make room for some of the above, more draw, more removal, and 4-5 board wipes ( Boompile and Oblivion Stone effects are a must in monoblack). You have strong combos with Syr Konrad and I would focus on drawing/ tutoring into those while you control the board a bit more. With more interaction it'll be less of a glass cannon and more fun to play with and against.