|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Target player takes two extra turns after this one.
Time Stretch Discussion
2 weeks ago
TwinStags You are correct in saying that Oblation is a really good card, I wouldn't fault anybody for keeping it in the deck. And it will most likely always be in the "maybe" section of the deck at the very least. It might float in and out of the list as more testing gets done going forward.
Stuffy Doll I do not like for a couple of reasons. One is he locks himself to a single opponent, which to me just makes himself a worse version of Guttersnipe since in EDH there is 4 players. And secondly is that we really dont run a whole lot of damage outlets outside of Aetherflux Reservoir . There is a few cards here and there, but hardly enough to warrant the inclusion of a support card for it. Silverclad Ferocidons is bad for a similar reason, in that we just dont have the damage pinging support for it, but also he is LUDICROUSLY expensive. At 7 mana we should honestly be looking to combo into a victory, not play with fun cards. Cards like Sun Titan work well at such a high mana cost because he is best friends with the most powerful card in our deck Sunforger , but outside of that you should be looking to close out the game once you get to the higher mana costs. Not play goodstuff.
In regards to pumping strategies. It just isn't good enough. Our deck already runs about .5-1 turns slower than the other cutthroat decks thanks to the lack of card support for Boros. And combat/pump strategies are even further behind that. Imagine it as giving the opponents a free Time Walk or Time Stretch every time you play. It really sets you off on the the wrong foot. Matches that I actually managed to pull off any pump combos in order to win were almost always due to luck. Like I'd either get the perfect stax piece on the board early, or they enemies invested too many resources to shutdown another player in order to handle me. But it just isn't consistent enough to warrant running. And as a side not since you asked. cards with "heroic" like Akroan Crusader do NOT combo with Zada, Hedron Grinder or Mirrorwing Dragon . You can only target 1 with the initial spell, so in the end, all heroic cards are anti synergy with some of our more powerful combo pieces.
Scrying is nice, but not really good enough. We really only care about card draw when it comes to getting card advantage. Any sort of scry effects we get are just tacked on to already good cards like Gods Willing . Any card that scrys for us I'd rather just replace with something that draws us a card.
Hope this helps :)
1 month ago
I apologize in advance- cEDH is really not my specialty, I hate both stax and combo, but nobody else seems to be commenting. Might as well be me.
Carpet of Flowers may be a good ramp.
Trygon Predator might be nice for artifact/enchantment removal.
Expropriate famously incites scooping.
Karn's Temporal Sundering is a dece-o extra turn spell.
Lighthouse Chronologist is bonkers if you have a couple counters up for removal spells.
Temporal Trespass has delve.
Time Stretch is very, VERY costly but ya know.
Time Warp is not here!?
2 months ago
Have you considered Nexus of Fate , Expropriate , Temporal Manipulation , Temporal Trespass , especially Savor the Moment , Karn's Temporal Sundering , especially Seedtime , and most importantly Time Stretch ?
They are great extra turn cards.
2 months ago
TheNocholas hi! I'm using Teferi, Temporal Archmage to untap my nonbsik lands, Mana Vault , Gilded Lotus to generate mana. On turn 4 if I have 3 lands (2 islands) and Mana Vault i can play Teferi, Temporal Archmage + Gilded Lotus and on turn 5 I have about 18-19 mana, which can be spent on cast: Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur / Iona, Shield of Emeria / Void Winnower / Consecrated Sphinx / Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite / Blatant Thievery / Expropriate / Time Stretch / Rite of Replication with Kicker / or simple Planar Bridge . I think it is strong for turn 5. There is also an strong synergy between Blinkmoth Well and Winter Orb / Static Orb . At the end of the opponent's turn I can use it to tap Stax-artifacts and untap all my lands.
2 months ago
Hey Kre. Activating a walkers' ultimate or casting a giant Villainous Wealth can get it done in this deck, but indeed combat damage is usually where it's at. I'm always building towards a big turn where I draw a dozen cards and put a ton of counters on Ramos, often beefing up my utility creatures along the way. Also, I just put in Time Stretch , soooo there's that...
3 months ago
I used to play alot back in 2006 and 2007. I'm getting back into this and things have changed alot with the introduction of Planeswalkers, the Commander format, etc.
I tend to play multiplayer and need a bit of help.
- Angel Burn deck aka Holy Fire
- Eldrazi Extra Turn deck
I love the Eldrazi and I've never played with blue before. I thought about using Planeswalkers Ral Zarek & Teferi, Timebender with Time Warp , Time Stretch and green Mana ramp to monopolize turns and grow the Mana base incredibly fast in order to then hit hard with Eldrazi. Thoughts on this?
3 months ago
Let me start by saying I've been playing Mizzix since he was released, and I've constantly strived to make my [[Primer]] Knowledge & Flame deck the best it can be. I'd like to believe with a 96% competitive rating, and the fact that I RARELY lose with the deck means it's a solid deck. As such it has seen several iterations and I've tried playing all kinds of cards... So here's a bit of advice.
I only have 17 cards that aren't spells that Mizzix can discount, 6 of which is Ramp. I only have two creatures, Niv-Mizzet, Parun (I'm testing him for extra draw power and secondary win con) and Laboratory Maniac as one of my main win cons. Of the 9 cards remaining 2 cards help me with consistent draw power, 2 are to protect Mizzix, 2 win me the game, and the rest are just there. Now I'm telling you all this because even with me having so little cards that aren't reduced by Mizzix I STILL end up with them sitting in my hand for ages for fear of tapping out and not having a counterspell up. So there are a lot of cards you have in this deck that do not directly add to your winning... And some cards that just don't play well with a deck that wants to either combo out or burn everyone into the ground.
Here are some suggested cuts:
- Invert // Invent: Invert does nothing really, and Invent is WAY too expensive for what it does.
- Seething Song: Just trade it out for Desperate Ritual so that you can tutor Reiterate and Desperate Ritual with Firemind's
- Keranos, God Of Storms: Great card, but honestly it's just a win more card, this won't win you the game.
- Melek, Izzet Paragon: I played with this for awhile but at the end of the day it's the same as Keranos
- Blatant Thievery: It's a great card, but it always felt lackluster for me because it requires your opponents to have a good board state, which obviously you don't want. I'd suggest Aethersnatch in it's place because then your opponent just plays a spell for you.
- Ignite Memories/Mind's Desire: Storm cards are good but they don't get you the game. In fact I have whiffed both of those spells more times than I can count! I'd say go for something a bit more certain.
- Mizzium Mortars: I just think that this doesn't kill a LOT of creatures in this format Blasphemous Act is strictly better.
- Stolen Goods: It's too easy for this to be a bad card. what if it's a Rampant Growth or vanilla 2/2 or a lord that doesn't do squat for you. Just too RNG
- Temporal Fissure: Too expensive and again it's too easy to whiff the storm aspect
- Sentinel Tower: It just makes you a target, unless you are committing to storm.
- Future Sight: As a blue player you always want people to assume you have a counterspell, or don't want others to know you have a counterspell... This crushes that. If you REALLY need this effect, which I think isn't worthwhile, Precognition Field is better.
- Sunbird's Invocation: WAY TOO EXPENSIVE, and it's strictly just a win more card.
I know I stated a lot of cards are too expensive and you are playing mizzix but assume mizzix isn't on the table because he will be killed or a target 90% of the time.
Here are some cards I'd highly suggest playing:
- The Usuals: I know it's expensive but... Mana Drain , Force of Will , and Pact of Negation I feel are absolutely necessary for this deck.
- Lightning Bolt : I know someone told you to take this out... but... Firemind's plus 4 experience counters means you win the game. You dig for infinite mana with Reiterat+Reality Spasm/Desperate Ritual and grab lightning bolt to copy infinite times with infinite mana casting reiterate on it infinitely. It's a one card combo basically.
- Mission Briefing
- Power Sink : At worst its a counterspell at best it forces someone to pass turn.
- Disallow : One of the best counters in the game.
- Fuel for the Cause
- Increasing Vengeance
- Nexus of Fate
- Scour from Existence
- Coldsteel Heart
- Pyromancer's Goggles
- Darksteel Plate
- Fanning the Flames
- Mana Geyser
- Time Stretch
- Mystic Retrieval
- Mystic Speculation
Sorry I know I posted a lot but I'm really passionate about this deck, and I love to see mizzix players succeed.
3 months ago
How about some stuff to keep Narset around like Gift of Immortality and despite being a bit expensive Sword of Feast and Famine and the other swords would be good for giving her protection, but Spectra Ward will make her nearly untouchable unless someone has a All Is Dust or Oblivion Stone . Then also go for some of the extra turn spells like Beacon of Tomorrows , Time Warp , and Time Stretch because if you hit them with her ability then you can go another round and attack again. Also a cheaper turn adding spell would be Stitch in Time despite only working on a coin flip.
Time Stretch occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%