|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Uncommon|
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
Legendary Creature — Human Soldier
Horsemanship (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with horsemanship.)
Sacrifice Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed: Return target black card from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only during your turn, before attackers are declared.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed Discussion
1 week ago
Both suggestions are great, Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed was actually one of my final cuts, and I frequently consider testing with him more. Now the other card requires a different Chainer deck, which I do want to try, but if I go Stax I want to go all in with some lock pieces and some Orbs.
1 week ago
Hey love mono-black decks as well, have you ever thought about running Contamination as it can completely lock down your opponents, you can sac and reuse your opponents creature for its upkeep cost. Also Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed would be another great addition if you have the budget for it.
1 month ago
what up SynergyBuild!
Meteor Golem is a great option since theres so much recursion in the deck, I'll test him out and see how he performs.
Night Incarnate is really interesting from a re-animator standpoint, I'll toy around with him and see whats up
Rune-Scarred Demon is not really needed in this deck as one tutor will allow me to tutor for multiple things, a pet combo I developed while playing this deck is either Demonic Tutor or Vampiric Tutor fetching Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed sacrificing him for one of the tutors back and then tutoring for Phyrexian Reclamation allowing me to continually grab Xiahou to keep grabbing the tutors
Myr Battlesphere is fun and all but I dont feel like it adds anything special to the deck other than a bunch of Myr tokens
Mimic Vat is already in the deck as well
Thank you so much for the comments and suggestions though man, it's ALWAYS appreciated
1 month ago
I would personally add some of the easier infinite Mana combos. Dramatic Scepter / Paradox Scepter.
Lazav goes infinite almost by himself if you get infinite Mana. You just need a 0/0 in the grave like Walking Ballista. Kill off Lazav by making him 0/0, recast him, and repeat infinitely. His ETB ability lets you mill your whole library. Then you just do a Nooze combo on the spot, or loop something like Sign in Blood with Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed. If you lose Lazav due to something like theft or Darksteel Mutation, Scepter is at least another combo piece for Mesmeric Orb,
2 months ago
Hmmm, as always it's easier to deal out the recommendations than suggesting actual cuts. As you say, all the current cards are looking pretty tight, but if I had to nominate some:
- Phyrexian Delver: You've already got Chainer, Dementia Master to handle your reanimation, as well as Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed and Reanimate
- Thoughtpicker Witch/Disciple of Griselbrand: Yes they are cheap sac outlets, but I don't like how they always costs one mana, unlike Viscera Seer/Sadistic Hypnotist, so if you end up with a bunch of tokens and someone drops a Massacre Wurm you can't easily clear your board.
- Carrion Feeder/Nantuko Husk: Better sac outlets because of no mana cost, but I find that it's so obvious how quickly they can be pumped that opponents are always ready to spot remove them before they can do anything.
- Contamination: Maybe an odd recommendation as it can be very powerful, but again I've found that unless you really commit to the stax line of play it's too easy for opponents to be on the look out for this one card and just ping it as soon as it drops.
4 months ago
So tested out toshiro yesterday and to my surprise Helm of the Host go surprisingly well in the deck same with Sadistic Sacrament and I see a few cards that can benefit from the helm. check out Choice of Damnations as well or if you can afford it Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
6 months ago
Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed maybe?
7 months ago
Okay. You've got some good points.
1) I misread Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed. I thought it was any creature. How? I'm a moron.
2) How exactly are you cheating in Rune-Scarred Demon?
3) What all is in your meta? I'm assuming you're in with some competitive fellows? With a little more meta info I can be more specific with my criticisms.