|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Zada, Hedron Grinder
Legendary Creature — Goblin Ally
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only Zada, Hedron Grinder, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures.
|Have (6)||, sonnet666 , miracle , Bluboltar , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||RobelCL , calovr , Blue_Flame|
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Zada, Hedron Grinder Discussion
19 minutes ago
Including more/most of the red cantrips (more so instants) will ensure you'll be able to cast them utilizing Kykar's second ability. Ephara, God of the Polis can net cards using instant speed cantrips on opponent's turns. Goblin Electromancer can make the cantrips cheaper but might not be worth the spot. Firemind's Research could be an interesting include as well.
So how exactly do you finish people off? I see the little pingers and I know Purphoros can make the table go splat. There's gotta be more ways we can abuse all (not just spirits) these free tokens.
1 month ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
xiud on Combatrips
1 month ago
Hey! I really like your build and I run a similar one, but a bit more budget and got a couple of questions for you if you have time!
I was wondering if you had tested Unwinding Clock ? I am looking at it to replace Paradox Engine which is out of range for me.
Also, Have you tried Aria of Flame ? Any thoughts on it?
I am curious to get your point of view on Veilstone Amulet . Is it a must for you or do you find it a bit redundant with all the instants protections this deck has?
Finally, have you considered or felt the need to add more Stax cards to your deck?
1 month ago
When copying a spell on the stack, all copiable values are also copied. This includes whether a kicker cost was also paid.
706.2. When copying an object, the copy acquires the copiable values of the original object’s characteristics and, for an object on the stack, choices made when casting or activating it (mode, targets, the value of X, whether it was kicked, how it will affect multiple targets, and so on). The “copiable values” are the values derived from the text printed on the object (that text being name, mana cost, color indicator, card type, subtype, supertype, rules text, power, toughness, and/or loyalty), as modified by other copy effects, by its face-down status, and by “as . . . enters the battlefield” and “as . . . is turned face up” abilities that set power and toughness (and may also set additional characteristics). Other effects (including type-changing and text-changing effects), status, and counters are not copied.
If you did copy your Zada, Hedron Grinder with Rite of Replication and paid the kicker, you will have 5 copies of Zada, Hedron Grinder enter the battlefield. Then you will have to move 5 of your Zada, Hedron Grinder s to the graveyard due to the legend rule (since you would control six; 1 original and 5 copies).
1 month ago
When you copy a spell such as Rite of Replication using the ability of Zada, Hedron Grinder or any other copying card, can I pay the kicker on those copies? Also using mentioned cards above, if I cloned Zara and kicked it for 5 copies.. it would still count as 5 allies hitting the field even tho 4 would fizzle immediately they still had to hit the field correct?
1 month ago
1 month ago
Yeah I am liking the card a lot. It might actually replace Psychotic Fury tho, since fury cannot target Zada, Hedron Grinder and Mirrorwing Dragon . And Fists of Flame will still give enough for the creature to win in combat. Will have to debate about it a bit more. There are a few cards this set I am interested in for this deck alone. I am looking forward to do playtesting with them!
Zada, Hedron Grinder occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%