|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Zada, Hedron Grinder
Legendary Creature — Goblin Ally
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only Zada, Hedron Grinder, copy that spell for each other creature you control that the spell could target. Each copy targets a different one of those creatures.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (47)||Tommuz , Caldazar , Lucretian , mcstang1986 , RPG_FOX , Clawsun73 , sneferie , Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , sonnet666 , Hakira , saj0219 , pskinn01 , gosora , marcus638 , Austin0 , SoggyGecko , Hootiequack , failurechild88 , Puzzlemayor , voidruby , Ellyreia , Nemesis , Malachy_ , Regulus1010 , Snydog17 , joshw335 , Atroxreaper , thetechzombie , KB2187 , darthnuchi , Raknamadak , bigc137 , duff87 , chrishuffman95 , Skydra2 , zachi , , DudeMan1031 , Esquire_ , Riders_of_Brohan , awalloftext , bakeraj4 , meowCat1234 , Bluboltar , mziter501 , Candyman949|
|Want (2)||mlouden03 , Ariumlegion|
Zada, Hedron Grinder Discussion
1 week ago
With such a low mana curve, I am not sure you need as many mana rocks as you have. I would consider the following artifact: Aetherflux Reservoir, Primal Amulet, Runechanter's Pike, and Sphinx-Bone Wand.
Not sure why you have Blue Elemental Blast in this deck as just about any counter spell is better. I would try to include as many cantrips that draw a card as you can as it will cycle through your deck faster while getting you value. Such as cards like Anticipate, Defiant Strike, Opt, Peek, Shadow Rift, Crash Through, Ponder, and Renegade Tactics.
I like Narset, if you want another version of her rebound effect, check out Taigam, Ojutai Master. Also if you end up with a critical amount of combat tricks, Zada, Hedron Grinder can be a real power punch.
I made a version of this deck that is much more Token/Storm-centric. Take a look at it for some ideas, Shu Yun Tempest of Tokens. The strategies are different, but there are some cards that are common for most Shu Yun decks.
2 weeks ago
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser is another one that loves creatures and if you go into a multiplayer game some time he gives you some protection. In 1v1 he is red mill which is just hilarious. I have a deck for him here Cry Havoc, Ooo Shiny. It is designed to hit hard and fast, last game I played I dropped Coat of Arms turn 5 and won.
Out of the ones you are already looking at I would probably go with Wort, the Raidmother, costing 6 isn't that tough to deal with in green and Wort just has a lot of silliness she can do. Turns into a really explosive spellslinger deck.
3 weeks ago
Does this create an infinite loop or what is the end result?
1 month ago
You have a very interesting strategy, because there is a great number of possibilities with the cards you want to use. Here is a few ideas that may help you: (1) Dromoka's Command fits also with Hornet Nest, you could use it if you want to change to a more defensive set. (2) Adding Mogg War Marshal, and more goblin tokens, could make you use Quest for the Goblin Lord which is also a interesting card, and still thinking about goblins you can pick Tuktuk the Explorer or others much more expensive goblins (for expensive i mean money). But, thinking about exploring both tuktuk, and hornet nest damage triger abilities, also brings Boros Charm, which is also awesome with those two you want to use Zada, Hedron Grinder, and Mirrorwing Dragon. (3) Now, 8 cost 4 cards in your deck may be a problem sometimes in your hand, so i really recommend 4x Faithless Looting, removing 4 of your cost 4 cards.
Other idea is that you should think if it would be a more consistent deck if you choose to use two colors instead of 3. If you have patience you can try to create 3 decks, one with red and white, other red and green, and the red, green and white again, just to see how it goes.
And, if you want more cards on maybeboard:
Hope i helped. Feel free to ignore.And thanks for your deck idea, maybe i try it sometime, it's really full of possibilities.
1 month ago
Krenko wants to move fast so here is what I would cut and add:
Door of Destinies is too slow; Quest for the Goblin Lord too little boost; Boggart Shenanigans 1 too much mana; Warstorm Surge seems win-more; Wheel of Fate cannot control it well; Kindred Charge too expensive; Vanquisher's Banner too expensive; Goblin Charbelcher don't see a way to manipulate this effectively; Conqueror's Galleon if kept I'd add Throne of the God-Pharaoh; Chancellor of the Forge too expensive; Goblin Assassin fun but expensive; Goblin Recruiter have doubles so cut 1 and add Goblin Matron; Metallic Mimic a slow lord that may not be truly needed; and Ogre Battledriver kind of win-more.
Foundry Street Denizen can get huge like Reckless One; Goblin Chainwhirler will be fun; Goblin Dark-Dwellers expensive but good utility; Lightning Crafter consistent burn; Mogg War Marshal more goblins; Wily Goblin mini ramp; Zo-Zu the Punisher can punish heavy ramping decks;
Fling works well w 2 (or 3 if you add FSD) for obvious reasons; Mizzium Mortars overload ftw; ; Fork, Reiterate, Reverberate, Increasing Vengeance, and Howl of the Horde let you 2 for 1 spells, even your opponents, so you can counter a counter or copy ramp to get ahead or copy a kill spell for your own satisfaction too; Battle Hymn, Brightstone Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, and Seething Song to get moving quicker.
Relic of Progenitus and Tormod's Crypt for graveyard hate; Coldsteel Heart, Fellwar Stone, Fire Diamond, Ruby Medallion, Hazoret's Monument, Sol Ring,Wayfarer's Bauble, Armillary Sphere, Traveler's Amulet, Expedition Map for ramp (see a theme? You want 1-2 (a few 3) CMC ramp in here).
Now, Zada, Hedron Grinder is my baby and I think you should add her in with a few spells that will be fine without her but amazing if she is out: Crimson Wisps and Expedite draw and give haste, which you want Krenko to always have just in case he might get killed. With Zada you still get haste but draw 10+ cards; Heat Shimmer and Twinflame let you get a 2nd utility goblin or Krenko (sacking original) for even more goblins. With Zada she will double your entire board.
1 month ago
I'm looking into making a variant of this deck that uses Zada, Hedron Grinder with things like Expedite, so Impact Tremors would be a good option for that one. But in this deck I didn't care for splashing red.
1 month ago
Hello, draw cards in without brutal downsides looks cool right? So answering your questions:
- Crypt Rats and Plague Spitter are one of the worst mu out there, so I'm pretty sure is totally fine to have some free losses. On the other hand, against them I suggest to play wisely: for example cards like Zap or Spawning Breath can deal with those cards at instant speed, when we want to, or we can sacrifice our creatures in response to take advantage of the situation. Using cards like Otherworldly Outburst lets you replace your dead boyz. My suggestion is always the same in these situation: your opponent doens't know what is in your hand and the value you can generate, so you have to TRICK your opponent with your poker face, let him fall for your plans. It's difficult, but if you achieve to change the board state it will be a super fun play that will remembered ever after! Spot removals like Fall of the Hammer are at least worth considering.
- I play this deck so I know what it means have a wall of counterpells and removals hitting your opponents. Still the situation is the same as before, but forcinge the explosiveness of the deck: "Se te vonno stoppa' la combo, tu comba ancora pi forte!" roughly translated with "If they would stop you from going off, you have to go off stronger and faster!". In you play this deck in multi, you can also deal with other people to protect you from bad things, in change for sparing their lives a few turns. About Pyroblast and Red Elemental Blast they are really cool, but not. The fact is that they are dead cards against any other non blue deck and:
- If you think they are worth adding, it's probably because you are able to see them often, so they are dead cards.
- If you think only two of them are a good trade in the 99s, they are still lesser than opponen't counters.
- Probably, but in a deck without manipulation is difficult to decide which cards take out, this is a meta oriented decision.
Lastly, Soul's Fire is not good as what is it seems, because it targets 2 things (your creature and your opponent) and this doesn't trigger the replicating ability of Zada, Hedron Grinder. How unfortunate...
1 month ago