Daghatar the Adamant
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
Daghatar the Adamant enters the battlefield with four +1/+1 counters on it.
: Move a +1/+1 counter from target creature onto a second target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Daghatar the Adamant Discussion
4 days ago
Oi! Whatcha think you're doing!? This is my thing ;P
I'd say you stray from the Abzan theme a bit, but meh.
Servant of the Scale is nice here, basically your modular without the artifact limitation while also being Abzan.
Tuskguard Captain goes well with your idea of adding bonuses.
Ivorytusk Fortress if you thought about splashing Abzan's last color.
Dragonscale General can do some nice things for you, such as reloading a Ballista or Triskelion that just fired. Works rather beautifully if you also got a Fortress down.
Daghatar the Adamant can help with counter movement, which is nice with Hardened Scales out.
Mer-Ek Nightblade will tip those Ballista shots in creature poison.
Incremental Growth (Khans of Tarkir version for theme) isn't a bad choice if you think you can get the mana.
Durable Handicraft if you're fine with breaking theme a bit more.
In general, if you're going to use Walking Ballista or Triskelion, you really benefit from more counter movement and placement. A lot of this deck though wants to be independent, with many creatures that beef themselves. Knowing you, I think you'll have more fun spreading effects (first strike, lifelink, trample, flying, reach, and deathtouch are all available off the top of my head) for anyone with a single counter.
1 week ago
Hello Friend. IMO.
Other suggestions to slot in place of creatures that sync well with token creatures or your planeswalkers.
1 month ago
1 month ago
2 months ago
- Creatures I'd look into cutting
- Civic Wayfinder- there are tons of better ramp options on a stick then this dude
- Cliffhaven Vampire- really depends on your life gaining abilities and the consistency of those
- Daghatar the Adamant- more valuable in a deck where you plain on making and growing +1/+1 counters
- Dragon Hunter- a situational 1 drop, it's alright
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip- only good in a creature heavy deck.I would wiff on him about 1/5 uses in deck with 26 creatures in a 60 card deck
- Emberstrike Duo- I'm just not a fan. it requires spells to be alright
- Falkenrath Marauders- it is heavy on the red mana side, and it buffs itself if it can get through. There are better 5 drops in these colors
- Foundry Street Denizen How many red creatures do you plan on playing? because his ability only triggers when you cars a red one
- Gatekeeper of Malakir triple black to be useful, more than likely a dead drop most games
- Gilt-Leaf Winnower once again double black, and how often do you think it's ability will actually work
- Graveblade Marauder just not that good of a card
- Kargan Dragonlord another easy drop
- Nacatl War-Pride your mana base more than likely won't support this guy
- Ogre Battledriver double red and one off buff thats alright
- Seeker of the Way better in non creature spell heavy decks
- Skyrider Elf not legal in this deck
- Swordwise Centaur not a good 2 drop in this deck
- Thunder-Thrash Elder only good if you eat alot of dudes
- Artifacts I'd drop
- Godsend i am iffy on this, even in my mono brimaz this card can be hard to play, and isn't good until turn 6
- Spear of Heliod the double white might be hard to do. there are better anthem cards.
- Whip of Erebos you don't really have a lot of good etb creatures, and the lifelink might only help a little as well
- Feudkiller's Verdict there are better cards then this for a 6 drop
- Mardu Charm it looks underwhelming
- Gratuitous Violence there are cheaper versions of this card
3 months ago
Well, I like the drops you have suggested, but I don't think they are for this deck. Let me explain a bit.
Right now, the new strategy tries to rush creatures with counters, slam the Avatar of the Resolute and kill the opponent if they are not dead by turn 4-5.
By putting 3 or 4-drops, I'm delaying the game to mid-late game, and humans have no power in there, not that I can see at least. That's why cards like Daghatar the Adamant, Citadel Castellan and Eternal Witness do not have place in here (specially the witness, since she needs GG in a deck that splashes green, and we have Den Protector who also gets counters and has an evasion). They are good, but maybe too slow for what I seek.
Tuskguard Captain is another story. She changes the game the moment she enters, and I may even consider her a finisher, since she enables trample without having to attack. Truly valuable.
That being said, it all depends on how it does in the kitchen table :P. So I'll try to playtest and see how it does.
Thanks a lot, guys!
3 months ago
3 months ago
First thing I would recommend is adding more lands. 33 is not much for an edh deck. From what I've seen most decks run 38-42 lands along with about 6-11 pieces of ramp. this is especially important in a four color deck. would defiently add in the rest of the signets along with possibly a Fellwar Stone
some cards off the top of my head that might warrant some consideration would be...
Hardened Scales: Increases the number of counters that get placed on a creature when they move
Prime Speaker Zegana: DRAW! All THE DRAW!
Daghatar the Adamant: Another way to move counters around.
Abzan Charm just good value. removal, Draw, counters all on one card.
Avatar of the Resolute: bet this guy would get pretty big.
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit: good for adding lots of counters to lots of creatures.
High Sentinels of Arashin: gets a buff off of creatures with counters on them also generates another way to grant your creatures counters.
Decree of Pain: Can not recommend this board wipe enough.
Plaxcaster Frogling: makes it so the only person allowed to touch your things is you. (plus its a frog doing the Kamahamaha whats not to love?)
some some of these ideas help!