|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder
Legendary Creature — Human Wizard
Whenever you cast a creature spell, put X 1/1 black Thrull creature tokens onto the battlefield, where X is that spell's converted mana cost.
When you control seven or more Thrulls, sacrifice Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||ironax , Oskani , Clawsun73 , angesoir , duff87 , rikertchu , Pro_Noob , Fairseas , mziter501 , Cazaz0816 , Dimarx , itheoryz , Oloro_Magic , firemind12 , Thunderbeard , Xz0mb13x91 , sonnet666 , Lucretian , jstn.mrrtt , karnwithpants , , Ashy , Friedrice24 , joshw335 , thetechzombie|
|Want (13)||CryAll , Georgez96 , bobfreak1234 , Loading_Error , gcuthber , Shepster , blaze333 , mlouden03 , VampireArm , CptnFab , Reliva , RoninH3RO , zgriffin1989|
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder Discussion
3 days ago
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a really cool card to consider since he would never produce Thrull tokens with Divine Visitation on the field and therefore never actually die from his ability.
Really sweet deck though. When Divine Visitation spoiled I drafted a Ghave list around the card and you've inspired me to go back to it. +1
6 days ago
Hey EsperPanorama, thanks for the suggestions!
I'm starting to realize just how right you are. The deck does need a bit more to it for the late game. I run a Sadistic Hypnotist in my Teysa deck and it turns out I have another to spare!
I pulled Animation Module, Ghostly Prison, Chromatic Lantern, Reliquary Tower, and Darksteel Plate. I replaced them with Unburial Rites, Sadistic Hypnotist, Immortal Servitude, and Orzhov Cluestone. I don't have Reanimate, but I may drop Raise Dead for Whisper, Blood Liturgist
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder is a great card that can pull his own quite well and I may have to find a slot for him.
6 days ago
Hey moldycrow83 here are some other suggestions. They have a high cmc but I think you really need to have some cards to carry you through the end game if you run out of gas with creature spells.
- Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder can be especially good if you have a sac outlet and can sacrifice thrulls in response to the trigger
- I first thought about including Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker but you do not run that many one power creatures. Maybe Athreos, God of Passage or Mikaeus, the Unhallowed serve you better. If you stick to non-token creatures you might want to reuse them.
- Coat of Arms is another piece that buffs your vampires in addition to Cathars' Crusade
- A personal favorite of mine is Sadistic Hypnotist. It's a total beast in destroying control players if you have enough creatures for sacrificing. Another addition to deliver a punch in the late game.
- Depending on your need to swing with all your tokens for the win it might be good to make them virtually unblockable. I utilize Cover of Darkness in my Edgar Markov deck for this.
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist can get you Elenda out of the graveyard which is paramount for your strategy.
Here are some potential cuts in your current list you might want to consider:
- Animation Module You do not have a strong counter theme in the deck. The synergy with Cathars' Crusade are excellent but you need to have both in play which might not happen consistently enough.
- Ghostly Prison You should have a lot of small creatures to throw in front of incoming attacks to not need the aditional protection of it.
- I am not a big fan of Darksteel Plate for five mana it is quite expensive. Maybe you are better of using this card slot to add in another reanimator spell to make your reanimation more consistent in case Elenda dies.
3 weeks ago
Ok, lets unpack this a little bit.
You mentioned the deck's average CMC at 5.5....that's probably too high. If it were me, I'd work on having more 1 and 2 drops to smooth out the curve and make sure I can get things up and running more quickly. A card like Burnished Hart would work better for you than Patron of the Moon. Let's look at Patron real quick: nice ability on it, for sure, if you can really abuse it. But 7 CMC for to get an ability to then pay 1 for two tapped lands is NOT ramp. Fixing, maybe, but not ramp. I feel the same about Dreamscape Artist. 2 CMC to cast, which is a good early play, but then a 3-costed activated ability to sac a land and go get two lands.....its like a really bad way of playing Harrow.
Good creatures to include: Baleful Strix: draws you a card, and has deathtouch. Edict creatures, like Fleshbag Marauder, Plaguecrafter, Merciless Executioner, Ravenous Chupacabra, Nekrataal, Bone Shredder and Shriekmaw; the Maw is especially synergistic here with his evoke ability. Just one of these creatures cast could end up netting 3 to 4 sacrifices across the table. Even a card like Mulldrifter fits your theme. A few other cards that might interest you: Tortured Existence and/or Phyrexian Reclamation. They can help you get some of these cards that trigger your Commander's ability back into play or into your hand to re-cast (like Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder).
Thrilling Encore is ok, but adding one card to reuse that one card seems like a waste of two card slots. Archaeomancer and Mnemonic Wall could do it for you, though. You could consider running Deadeye Navigator as a way of blinking some of these creatures I've listed with ETB effects.
Two items left I want to hash out with you:
Item 1: Distended Mindbender. This is just not a good card, and there are plenty of sorcery speed discard spells that black runs that would do a better job, not cost 5 CMC, and will force some discard. Hell, I think Thrull Surgeon would be better, and you could recur him with some of the options I've listed.
Item 2: Lotus Bloom. Not good, in my opinion, especially when compared to other options, like Worn Powerstone, Mind Stone, or Commander's Sphere. You cast it for free essentially, but then have to wait three turns to essentially net a Dark Ritual effect. So you wait three turns for a one-off effect, then it goes to the graveyard. Worn Powerstone is repeatable after it untaps, although it is colorless. With Commander's Sphere you get ramp and fixing, and you can choose to send it to the graveyard in exchange for a card, replacing itself. Mind Stone replaces itself, too. I'd like Lotus Bloom more if you had a way to recur it, like Goblin Welder, but that isn't what your deck does, so it doesn't make sense with better options available.
I hope that helps explain my reasoning a little bit. I like to try to manage my mana curve as much as possible, so I have things going on early to set up mid and late game. Your Commander is high CMC as it is, so you've really got to build to getting him out as soon as you can; by turn 4 would be great, but probably not going to make an appearance consistently until around turns 5 or 6. Let me know what your experience with this is, though. When deck building, its easy to get wowed by big dumb creatures, but too much of it makes the deck clunky and inconsistent. Better to get the consistency that makes the deck function early, so you can play your game later on, too.
3 weeks ago
bushido_man96. Yes, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder seems nice, but I'm usually going to have high power creatures, so he would be immediately killed. If anything, I would put a card that can just bring back Thrilling Encore, since it is the same mana cost, and that will be of more use when I will sacrificing tokens. Krenko, Mob Boss is a little bit too slow for me. Ghoulcaller Gisa is an almost definitely; I'll think about it. Most of the rest of the cards in that paragraph I have considered, and rest of the cards seem pointless except for the tokens generation, or just have one aspect about them that I would rather not have to satisfy(e.g. the mana that needs to be spent for Pentavus to create tokens or the artifact requirements.) For the next paragraph, I probably add one of two of those cards. I should have clarified a bit more that I need things the get sacrificed, instead of things that sacrifice. Archfiend of Depravity most certainly going to be added.Diplomatic Immunity as well. Distended Mindbender allows me some vision into an enemies' hand, while having a lower CMC with a sacrificed creature. Patron of the Moon and Dreamscape Artist are there for a bit of ramp. The deck's average CMC is 5.5, so I would prefer to have as many lands as possible onto the battlefield. Lotus Bloom is a free source of mana that gives me an extra boost when I need it. Sire of Stagnation, Blight Herder, and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is what I meant by "fine tuning". I would like to have at least some card draw, all while inhibiting opponents. Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur and Sire of Stagnation would be great if they had a "may" in between the "you draw". But that what Omniscience and the ramp is for, and if the card draw gets too out of hand, I can just sacrifice them. "...if you're opponents aren't playing creatures, they can't sacrifice them". Yes, good point, but that is why I have annihilator creatures. Thank you for the suggestion, and please give me feedback on my reasoning! Thank you once again!
3 weeks ago
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder and Krenko, Mob Boss are some good token generators. You could really do your mana curve a favor and probably go with early goblin drops to support the Krenko rout. Ghoulcaller Gisa is pretty solid, and for lots of fun, equip her with Thornbite Staff. That can make a lot of tokens you can then sacrifice for fun stuff. Kher Keep is a solid land to include. Even cards like Myr Battlesphere and Pentavus can provide you with sac outlets. Hangarback Walker is another solid option. Blue has options like Thopter Spy Network and Efficient Construction for generating tokens.
So, with your commander, what you care about is creatures getting sacrificed. Not dying, but sacrificed specifically. So, the best way to help yourself out is to not rely on your opponents to provide the sac fodder. For that, you need more sac outlets of your own. Cards like Carrion Feeder, Yahenni, Undying Partisan, Viscera Seer, Phyrexian Ghoul and Nantuko Husk are all free sac outlets that you let you start putting counters on your commander really quick. Red offers Goblin Bombardment, which could be switched out with Vicious Shadows.
Archfiend of Depravity would fit your theme well, too, along with the Eldrazi you have with the Annihiliator mechanic, but you don't need too many of them. Running three or four of them is probably sufficient.
Distended Mindbender could probably go. I fail to see how it fits what you want it to do with your Commander. Patron of the Moon doesn't look like it fits, and neither does Dreamscape Artist. I'd cut Sire of Stagnation as well. Blight Herder probably isn't great, either. Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is a good card, and good for card draw, but if you're opponents aren't playing creatures, they can't sacrifice them, and it just might make you a big fat target. I'd ditch Lotus Bloom for something more like Worn Powerstone or even a Mind Stone.
I hope these suggestions help. Thraximundar looks like a fun commander to run. I hope these suggestions help you to focus the deck more, and make it run more smoothly. Let me know what you think.
1 month ago
Bloodghast is the gift from a friend so it is cool. Kathari Bomber has given me some doubts and thr goblin player in my group seems a but biased insisting in me playing it so I appreciate the opinion.
Fleshbag Marauder was my choice because if I sac it with no other creatures on board I have no penalty, but it might be too conditional and will think of replacing it instead.
Finally, Pitiless Plunderer is indeed good for ramp and along Pawn of Ulamog, Sifter of Skulls or Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder can give me huge amounts of mana or even an infinite loop with Reassembling Skeleton. Ogre Slumlord gives me the black tokens but there aren't many red token generators in the Aristocrats department. Goblin Assault or Krenko perhaps
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.