|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Baru, Fist of Krosa
Legendary Creature — Human Druid
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield, green creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn.
Grandeur - Discard another card named Baru, Fist of Krosa: Put an X/X green Wurm creature token into play, where X is the number of lands you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Baru, Fist of Krosa Discussion
3 months ago
I think Baru, Fist of Krosa should be reevaluated, here is my deck list,
Commander / EDH
My deck is limited based on the cards I can afford but I feel like Baru has just as much consistency as many of the other Tier 3 mono green commanders.
4 months ago
i like the combo, but i think other landfall would be more helpful than a lot of the creatures
a really good one would be Baru, Fist of Krosa
Bramblesnap would help use them all etb for a beater right away
Tireless Trackerfor infinite draw/huge beater,
Retreat to Kazandu infinite life/huge beater,
Timber Protector help protect everything,\
Embodiment of Insight would help cash in immediately with bigger threats
xyr0s on Green Sh*t
5 months ago
I am not too sure about Baru, Fist of Krosa, since you don't always draw land to play, or search for it... but I'm not sure what to suggest instead either. Something that turns out to be a (mostly) vanilla 4/4 for 5 mana is not particularly impressive though.
This deck could maybe be inspirational: Stomping the ground, since it's also monogreen and has a bit of a devotion-strategy to push through damage.
6 months ago
7 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
7 months ago
Seems alright. Few cards seem a bit... odd or like you were trying to replace cards?
I'd recommend removing the following:
- Autumn's Veil: Yisan should be cheating your cards in
- Natural State: Not a huge concern, but seems underwhelming in EDH with most non-mana rocks being 4+
- Jeweled Amulet: With playing mono-green, this seems... meh.
- Tormod's Crypt: ???
- Staff of Domination: By the time this is going off, it's probably just a win-more.
- Seeds of Innocence: There are better mass artifact removal cards that don't grant life for only 1 or 2 more mana (Creeping Corrosion?).
- Carpet of Flowers: Unless your playgroup has a bunch of monoblue players, this isn't going to be super reliable.
- Strip Mine/Ghost Quarter: ???
Some cards I'd recommend are below and some will hopefully help abuse Yisan's verse counter-curve:
- Kodama's Reach
- Rampant Growth
- Skyshroud Claim
- Beastmaster Ascension
- Creeping Corrosion
- Wave of Vitriol
- Baru, Fist of Krosa
- Bellowing Tanglewurm
- Champion of Lambholt
- Citanul Hierophants
- Elder of Laurels
- Essence of the Wild
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa
- Master of the Wild Hunt
- Nylea, God of the Hunt
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Thunderfoot Baloth
- Managorger Hydra
- Primeval Protector
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Stonehoof Chieftain
- Bloodspore Thrinax
So many cards... Point being, ramping into Yisan and triggering his ability is awesome, but a moot point if you can't hit anything that does something. But again, I could be completely missing the point of what you're going for, and if so I apologize for the wall of text. It's your deck and you are free to do with it as you please, I just wish you a grand time of obliterating your games.