|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Baru, Fist of Krosa
Legendary Creature — Human Druid
Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield, green creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample until end of turn.
Grandeur - Discard another card named Baru, Fist of Krosa: Put an X/X green Wurm creature token into play, where X is the number of lands you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Baru, Fist of Krosa Discussion
1 month ago
Things missing from this deck:Nylea, God of the Hunt: Not actually missing, I just don't have the card in hand yet to add into the list. I'd likely replace the non-creature mana accelerant (Overgrowth) to fit her in.
Staff of Domination: Missing because it creates infinite combos with Karametra's Acolyte. This deck isn't meant to have infinite loops, though there may be some unintentional loops I don't know about yet, and this one is incredibly abusive. I play decks with those types of loops against groups that are prepared.
Things that could potentially be added:Paradox Engine: Another way to create the kind of loop that Staff of Domination and Karametra's Acolyte are, it also is incredibly powerful with the way the deck actually plays.
Verdeloth the Ancient: Combos well with Nissa, Voice of Zendikar and Rishkar, Peema Renegade as a light mana engine. Also works well with Cryptolith Rite and plays into a more token based version of the deck.
Thrun, the Last Troll: If this deck takes a turn towards more Voltron type play then this is your troll. Great to just hook stuff up on and smash face.
Cultivate and the like: Intentionally missing because most of our mana accelerants are creature based and we want to put Reki into play as fast as possible. Great if going the Baru/Avenger of Zendikar plan.
1 month ago
Someone that rewards ramping like Omnath, Locus of Rage or Baru, Fist of Krosa. Ramping is one of the simplest forms of card and board advantage. Having extra resources to play cards makes easier and more interesting games for beginners too. Tokens are fun. Building up big powerful boards is fun too. Tutors are not easy to teach to beginners, so i would using avoid too many. Basically ramp decks are my suggestion.
2 months ago
A Tier 4 deck cannot beat a tier 2.5+ deck: Queen Marchesa (tier 2.5) vs Angus Mackenzie (tier 4) vs Baru, Fist of Krosa (tier 4) vs [insert another tier 4 deck here], the queen machesa deck should win.
Tier 5 cannot beat any non tier 4 tier 4.5 deck. Gwafa will not be winning in a pod that has azusa, doran, and kaalia (which are all considered here as tier 3). Kazuul, Cliff Tyrant won't win in a game facing daxos meletis, daxos the returned, and ezuri (all of which are tier 3).
If you want to create a seperate list solely for casual games, then do so.
6 months ago
I think Baru, Fist of Krosa should be reevaluated, here is my deck list,
Commander / EDH
My deck is limited based on the cards I can afford but I feel like Baru has just as much consistency as many of the other Tier 3 mono green commanders.
7 months ago
i like the combo, but i think other landfall would be more helpful than a lot of the creatures
a really good one would be Baru, Fist of Krosa
Bramblesnap would help use them all etb for a beater right away
Tireless Trackerfor infinite draw/huge beater,
Retreat to Kazandu infinite life/huge beater,
Timber Protector help protect everything,\
Embodiment of Insight would help cash in immediately with bigger threats
xyr0s on Green Sh*t
8 months ago
I am not too sure about Baru, Fist of Krosa, since you don't always draw land to play, or search for it... but I'm not sure what to suggest instead either. Something that turns out to be a (mostly) vanilla 4/4 for 5 mana is not particularly impressive though.
This deck could maybe be inspirational: Stomping the ground, since it's also monogreen and has a bit of a devotion-strategy to push through damage.
9 months ago
10 months ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries