Nylea, God of the Hunt
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to green is less than five, Nylea isn't a creature. ( in the mana costs of permanents you control counts toward your devotion to green.)
Other creatures you control have trample.
: Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
|Have (4)||Forkbeard , metalmagic , , gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Secret Lair (SLD)||Mythic Rare|
|Theros (THS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Nylea, God of the Hunt occurrence in decks from the last year
Nylea, God of the Hunt Discussion
1 week ago
Alright then. I shan't pester you. If you wish for trample, Nylea does so whiles also being an effective use of mana.
3 weeks ago
Hynx Appreciate the tips, but I don't think you got the point of the deck. It isn't to ramp and hard cast the big boys. It runs low to the ground and quick with aggro play until it has enough ramp to drop a big creature or preferably Primal Surge to get the entire deck(or as much of it as I choose) onto the battle field. While Elvish Piper wouldn't be a bad test run in place of Bow of Nylea or Nylea, God of the Hunt. Unfortunately I don't really have much use for the instants you recommended as protection since they would definitely fizzle out Primal Surge if cast much sooner than intended in exchange for saving many dorks that I don't really care about. Dosan the Falling Leaf could be a decent preventative measure, but mostly I rely on Asceticism to protect my board. Thank you for the suggestions!
1 month ago
You could cut some of the less exciting hydras such as Capricopian, and Feral Hydra. Capricopian ability is actually a downside if you are trying to kill the bothersome opponent. Feral is just wanting. Recommended Stonecoil Serpent or Voracious Hydra, or Steelbane Hydra.
Last few recs would be Demonic Consultation with Thassa's Oracle and Ertai's Meddling. Demonic is instant speed, card to hand. So, if everyone is tapped out it can be a hail mary (rather than a combo piece) for one of the infinite mana enchantments. Ertai's meddling is a great counter and it gets you a hydra.
1 month ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
1 month ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power
2 months ago
6/6/2020. Nylea, God of the Hunt. I have decided.