|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Mythic Rare|
|Innistrad (ISD)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Does olivia voldaren's first ability trigger deathtouch and lifelink?
- How would "Conspiracy" work with effects that change my creatures types?
- Olivia voldaren deals 1 damage to dark confidant with stromkirk captain on battlefield, will Dark Confidant live?
- necrotic ooze + olivia Voldaren
Legendary Creature — Vampire
: Olivia Voldaren deals 1 damage to another target creature. That creature becomes a vampire in addition to its other types. Put a +1/+1 counter on Olivia Valdaren.
: Gain control of target Vampire for as long as you control Olivia Voldaren.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Olivia Voldaren Discussion
2 days ago
I will agree about @Mj3913 Edgar Markov that deck and get powerful my son runs Edgar Markov vampire deck lots of fun cool vampires to use as while like Olivia Voldaren & Captivating Vampire are just some examples
Zur the Enchanter Also have a guy we play with that runs him as a commander on one of his decks and this one can also get quite fun and lots off options and you can change it up all the time by shuffling in and out enchantments as your mood goes or if you get different enchantments or decks you play against change.
4 days ago
with an aggro build like this, I would aim to go below 3 CMC average. it's alright to have some huge CMC creatures or spells, just make sure you have the majority below 3. looking at your deck, I see you have 26 below 3, 14 at 3 and 24 over 3. in my Edgar deck I have 16 over 3. 13 @ 3. and 33 below 3 (36 lands), that gives an average of 2.86 CMC. I would drop some of those 6 drops for something cheaper and faster. your large CMC creatures and spells should really be finishers, so cards like Plague Wind is fantastic after you've built up your army, you plague wind and then attack and kill everyone. Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts is also a great creature, because it cannot be blocked and if something deals damage to you, it gets destroyed, she's not a vampire, but she could be, with something like Olivia Voldaren on the battlefield. you could use Olivia's ability on teysa, teysa takes 1 damage and turns into a vampire, just hope noone uses a lighting bolt or anything on teysa afterwards, because then she would die, obviously you would be careful with this when playing vs a burn player. I've only given you the expensive options so far, I did say you should lower your cmc, so here are some more low ones I use: 1 CMC: Pulse Tracker Duskborne Skymarcher Guul Draz Assassin and more. 2 CMC: Gifted Aetherborn Vampire Hexmage and more.
2 weeks ago
Hey I actually am rebuilding my Edgar deck right now, and I've realized a few things about the deck. So here's what I think...
- Dark Prophecy: Triple black, and can be used against your by wiping your board as it is NOT a may ability. So if you have 15 creatures and they WOG you lose 15 life which could be the game...
- Land Tax: I just don't think you need it, you operate with very little mana in this deck and I think you're fine without it.
- Umezawa's Jitte: I just don't like this card in EDH 9/10 the creature with the Jitte will ALWAYS be blocked. I just think there are better value cards out there
- Torment Of Hailfire: No one is ever going to do what you want with this card. Lets say they have an Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger on the table and you want it dead... they'll discard every card, lose all the life, and sac all the lands before they get rid of the ONE card you wanted gone. Just play a hard removal, Damnation
- Sign In Blood & Night's Whisper: They are one off and you have plenty of draw power in the deck that is consistent. At the very least cut Sign as is't double black and you are in 3 colors.
- Gifted Aetherborn: I tried it but it just doesn't do enough... Plus double black
- Bloodline Necromancer: Too expensive, you want cheap vamps to maximize on Eminence! Plus you have Reclamation so...
Cards Worth adding:
- Bloodghast too good
- Purphoros, God of the Forge great in multiplayer
- Olivia, Mobilized for War the haste helps a LOT
- Olivia Voldaren Can steal enemy commanders
- Sangromancer punishes your opponent
- Shadow Alley Denizen Value town weenie
- Westvale Abbey Flip you produce tokens why not?
- Cathars' Crusade Burst potential is so great
- Anointed Procession helps with going wide
- Cover of Darkness Meta dependent, great in playgroups not black heavy
- Mana Echoes SO MUCH MANA!
3 weeks ago
CaptSillva on Edgar
1 month ago
A few cards I think you could consider for this deck if you haven't already are Mathas, Fiend Seeker, Asylum Visitor, Crackling Doom, Olivia, Mobilized for War, Bloodhall Priest, Falkenrath Aristocrat, Olivia Voldaren, Stromkirk Noble, Obelisk of Urd, Purphoros, God of the Forge, and Stoneforge Masterwork.
1 month ago
Hi! I think you'd better change this deck into Modern or Casual `cause many cards are not standar legal: Olivia Voldaren, Drana, Liberator of Malakir, Vampire Lacerator etc. It's a fun deck anyway. It's a Vampire tribal so Stromkirk Captain would be a very nice addition. Good luck!
1 month ago
I'll check it out! Olivia does seem to have a lot of synergy with graveyard retrieval so I'll probably add more synergy with her ability for sure.
I'm also heavily considering adding the wombo combo of: Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood for the quad kill possibilities. I'll take a closer look at your deck when I get off of work, definitely rethinking decent amounts of my decks structure.
Cards definitely getting thrown in no matter what are: Olivia Voldaren (who thinking about it also makes creatures vampires lol)
Cards possibly going in: Aggravated Assault, Anger, Anowon, the Ruin Sage, Crypt Ghast, Dark Ritual, Diabolic Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, Nirkana Revenant, Rakdos Charm, Shred Memory, Sol Ring, Squee, Goblin Nabob, Insurrection