|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
When Dragonlord Atarka enters he battlefield, it deals 5 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or planeswalkers your opponents control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||ironax , Pyre_Vulpine96 , NobleSlay3r , JeremyTheMiner , Vasbear1 , lava_lava , burnedbread , 7vennum7 , TheRealPeaches , rikertchu , NivStormfront , clayperce , philktoken8998 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Tommuz , metlguy , Azdranax , johnsongrantr , thetechzombie , Diamonddragon2002|
|Want (20)||Aldolain , ItaPuma , AngelofDeath9 , gusk001 , dragonmaster228 , psoliver , VampSlayer , kovellen , Roxmysox32 , ArminiusD , JuiceboxHero , xXThormentXx , linejumpr , ryuzaki32667 , ohreamsy , Alhanalm , corys , ww2sox , clongst , Xadoo|
Dragonlord Atarka Discussion
3 weeks ago
Deck looks like it could easily ramp into Dragonlord Atarka or Thundermaw Hellkite. Add Dragonmaster Outcast because it shares Shaman with Wolf-Skull Shaman and can be a real nuisance out of early game.
1 month ago
hi Boza! cool deck you have there :D
helm of the host seems like a cool equipment to try out, a bit costly on the mana maybe. Traxos, on the other hand, i really dislike, since he is just a big beater and doesnt bring any good effects. always watching is something i had in, then switched out for Brave the Sands because it was cheaper cmc wise. then i switched that out for Reconnaissance because its busted as all hell, you can activate it after damage, so al your creatures have vigilance and it protects you from combat tricks or stupid attacks.
when looking at your deck, the first thing i notice is your low amount of lands. do you ever run into mana problems? (maybve its because you still use partial paris mulligans, which we dont). should you run more duals with basic land types like Canopy Vista or Sheltered Thicket you could consider Farseek over rampant growth. also if you run those, Skyshroud Claim will be waaaay better than explosive vegetation.
now if you look at my creatures, you'll notice i dont run any dumb beaters without some sort of valuable ability. in your deck Zurgo Helmsmasher, Adriana, Captain of the Guard, Gahiji, Honored One and Dragonlord Atarka come awfully close to that. personaly i would prefer something like Anafenza, the Foremost or Queen Marchesa over them since they bring valuable abilities to the table as well as respectable stats. your creatures being a bit smaller doesnt really matter once you drop saskia and a damage doubler, since they will do tons of damage anyway.
also Urabrask the Hidden is just a straight up upgrade to dragonlord kolaghan. same could be said for Sheoldred, Whispering One and mogis, since i find him really underwhelming. Horn of Greed tends to help my opponents more since this isnt a landfall deck. also if you can afford it, Chromatic Lantern is bonkers.
as for dominaria cards, Urza's Ruinous Blast is a 100% must have. one-sided boardwipes are ridiculous. Marwyn, the Nurturer also seems strong in your deck, since you have quite a few ways of pumping him.
thanks for the comment :D hope i could be of help!
2 months ago
Thanks a bunch for your comments and upvote.
Hamletback Goliath is a great idea. What I like most about him, is that he also grows whenever a creature appears on an opponents' side. His most important drawback, is that unless he has support from some sort of trample-enabler, he can be blocked by a 1/1 chump. The deck does contain some of these enablers though. I could even replace a basic land with a Rogue's Passage and make him unblockable that way (as well as a host of other creatures). I'm going to think on this for a bit; also on what I would cut should I decide to add him.
Dragonlord Atarka and Bogardan Hellkite are cool as they sort of double as damage-sorceries. However, I believe the deck currently contains more powerful nukers atm that I'd rather use (Angel of Serenity, Balefire Dragon and the eldrazi's). Still, I'll keep this in mind though in case the deck somehow needs to become more nuke-heavy.
2 months ago
Cool looking deck, I have a similar style deck but not in commander format, but it runs in a similar style with Elvish Piper
A few creatures you could consider are Hamletback Goliath as he gets bigger with every other creature you play and with the guys in here he could get or retry massive.
2 months ago
Thanksl I like the look of the wurm, snapcaster om the other hand is just far to exile endive if I decide to buy the deck.
I get what youre saying about mindcrusher, Ive been thinking about Dragonlord Atarka instead. What do you think?
2 months ago
Gotcha. That makes more sense! Rite of Replication seems amazing. Maybe these would make more sense in your deck:
- Boltwing Marauder to beef up everything entering.
- Broodmate Dragon to create lots of dragons.
- Dragonlord Atarka is similar Bogardan Hellkite.
- Foe-Razer Regent fight target on enter and get two +1/+1s next end step.
- Furyborn Hellkite would be insane if you hurt an opponent then cast Rite of Replication, 5 12/12 dragons basically.
- If you make it to your upkeep after you cast Rite of Replication with Skyline Despot you would literally just poop out dragons.
2 months ago
No problem! I'm good with cuts!
First off, Prophet of Kruphix from the maybeboard is banned. jsyk
So here's 15 cuts!
- Utopia Sprawl you do not have enough forests in here, if you upgrade the land base somewhat it'd be fine, but for now cut it.
- Primal Surge unless this is a win-con, getting to turn 10 seems difficult with the low land count. It also distracts from the main gameplan, casting creatures with Animar out to beat down.
- Trap Essence seems like a trap. Haaaaahhaha okay but for real, that seems like a lot of mana to hold up just to counter something.
- Dragonlord Atarka love her but the effect is not worth the cost, even if discounted.
- Essence Warden need to cut one drops.
- Etherium-Horn Sorcerer is just okay imo.
- Joiner Adept run Chromatic Lantern instead.
- Majestic Myriarch just okay.
- Oblivion Sower to... narrow(?)
- Peregrine Drake you have 2 :)
- Phyrexian Revoker meta call?
- Polyraptor you don't seem equiped to take advantage of him.
- Scavenging Ooze just okay
- Trinket Mage sol ring is the only target, not worth running
- Urabrask the Hidden just okay
- Wild Cantor
I'd start with those personally. Good luck!
3 months ago
GeoFromz I like the addition of Dragonlord Dromoka and Dragonlord Atarka I would recommend throwing in the other dragonlords as well, just for pure value. Land base, all of my decks use as few basic lands as possible. Mana Confluence, City of Brass, Reflecting Pool, with some shock lands and fetch lands will 100% help the color fixing. If you ever want to playtest a deck against one of mine just let me know!