merrowMania MTG Encyclopedia
Please login to comment
August 18, 2017 11:14 p.m.
Something to note, you can also produce 'infinite' green at instant speed (though ONLY instant speed/end step) with Lotus Cobra, Necromancy, Dryad Arbor, and Culling the Weak and 'infinite' black mana. Discard Cobra, then Necromancy Cobra. Go to cleanup and sac the Necromancy. With the Necromancy sac trigger on the stack, proceed to reanimate and sac Arbor for one green mana.
August 18, 2017 11 p.m.
Penguin is correct. We are missing Balan. Tier 4 was the agreed-upon Tier.
August 16, 2017 1:31 a.m.
thegigibeast, sonnet666 - Can we not mess with the Tiers until we agree on the initial placements of the new cards being added? Having two conversations that mess with what many people care most about sounds like a recipe for disaster. Just look at this Jeleva-Kess discussion.
August 12, 2017 5:52 p.m.
Damn, I wish I was here earlier for the Kess-Jeleva discussion.
Y'all 're sum dum mudder-fukkerz! WE DO NOT HAVE OPTIMIZED LISTS YET! KEEP THEM BOTH IN TIER 1 UNTIL SOME LISTS POP UP! This is why I was advocating for Leovold and Yidris being kept in Tier 2 on release (this was pre-0.5 tiers): WE ARE ARGUING OVER THEORY! I HATED the precedence we set with those two. We are squabbling over putting something in the most 'prestigious' tier simply because we regard it so highly (and I agree with a bunch of you about the meme being overdone). I have been playing Grixis Storm for a while, and I was always glad to have Jeleva (especially when Leovold was around). While I do not know for sure if I would rather have had Kess, I DO know that Jeleva still offers something important to the deck.
Now, if everyone understands, let's have both in Tier 1 for at least a few weeks, then return to this discussion after we have DATA!
My apologies if someone else covered these points; I was getting tired of reading the long posts that were getting nowhere.
My personal IMPRESSION is that that Kess will overtake Jeleva, who will be bumped down to Tier 1.5, like what happened to Boonweaver Karador when Thrasios-Tymna made him 'obsolete.'
Also, I advocate for the rule that NOTHING can get into Tier 1 on release. Tier 1.5 should hold the potential powerhouses until we have data.
August 12, 2017 5:37 p.m.
It's all good. I friended most of the TappedOut cEDH community to help keep me in the loop during my competitive hiatuses.
What does Arcum bring to the table? The only artifact creature is Metalworker, which has already been discussed as cuttable, and the only fetch target is Memory Jar.
August 11, 2017 10:12 p.m.
I'm your TappedOut friend, so I get notifications when you create decks.
August 11, 2017 8:04 p.m.
Well that Reaper King list came out of nowhere! Nice job! I support moving him up, though jumping to Tier 1.5 seems fast. Tier 2 would be safer, then we can move him up further as we get news of how he performs.
August 11, 2017 5:03 p.m.
- As Noctem said, this can easily replace Jeleva. It can be used the turn it comes down, so it allows you to get there one turn faster. Tier 1 easily. It's not even much of a placeholder since it rebuy something relevant instead of spinning the wheel like Jeleva.
- Tier 2.5. It makes for a good Nooze deck, similar to Scarab God, except it advance the gameplan better.
- Another Polymorph effect for those that care. It has an unfortunate timing restriction, but is cool with indestructible creatures.
- Unfortunate that this will go the same way as Magus of the Will :(
- Cool design, but it may be too fragile.
August 10, 2017 2:40 p.m.
sonnet666 - Touche. I wasn't thinking of how good Ramos would be as placeholder, just as a combo piece.
August 9, 2017 10:23 p.m.
hfvalenz - I've been adding the cards that work for any tribe as they are spoiled. So far, only 7 cards have been added. I expect it to only go up to 12 or so.
August 9, 2017 4:33 p.m.
Cool. Ramos and Taigam have been officially spoiled!
- My initial thought way back when was Tier 4, but people brewed enough that Tier 3, possibly 2.5 after refinement.
- Tier 2.5, though we never concluded what the best strategy would be. I think the main contenders were Approach and Fishbowl.
August 9, 2017 4:15 p.m.
The main wizard commander was spoiled/leaked. It was not official, so I will be just saying this much. Seems meh on first look, but funky things can happen. Tentative Tier 3, pending discussion.
August 9, 2017 3:40 p.m.
- Tier 3. Similar-ish to Queen Marchesa. Makes tokens, could be good for a mediocre Vampire Stax deck.
- Tier 4. Not as bad as Ludevic, since you will get a card no matter what, instead of rewarding opponents for hurting themselves. It requires your opponents to run creatures, is slow, and gives opponents free cards (though they still have to work for it if they want the cards immediately).
August 9, 2017 3:15 p.m.
- I'm thinking Tier 4. The lifegain strategy seems cute with Fishbowl, by without blue, it would not be as consistent.
August 9, 2017 10:54 a.m.
Are there even enough/any playable dragons? There's maybe Dragonlord Ojutai, Steel Hellkite, and Hellkite Tyrant, but how would putting three bulky, inefficient cards justify moving a whole tier or more?
August 8, 2017 11:15 p.m.
Now that I won't get banned for mentioning them:
- Tier 5, too slow.
- Tier 3, potential Stax build
- Tier 4, good efficient beater with Trample and good color identity. Otherwise, Tier 5. I think it will end up in 'upper' Tier 5. The exile clause it meaningless without giving haste. Even then, it is only okay due to the mana resources you would need to invest.
BEST token from this release:
August 8, 2017 8:57 p.m.
FriendsLeptys — TheDevicer — nate9799 — squire1 — — Archwizard — TheHroth — Jay — Rhadamanthus — MsSysbit — LabManiac_Dan — sonnet666 — IustitiaRex — O-Higgs — ShadowLand — LabManiac_Cameron — MrHighscore — Gidgetimer — MangoPunch — LabManiac_Sigi — Brassmoose — Drilnoth — Built_On_A_Mission — theonyc — VampireArm — GlistenerAgent — NarejED — jeezus — reversemermaid — JimWolfie — bookDevourer — Lilbrudder — Sleazebag — IHateCardGames — yeaGO — canterlotguardian — TheGamer — Epochalyptik — scrotality — tiku3d — Voidia — LabManiac_cobblepott — honeymomo — hyperlocke — razzliox — foxboy1000 — venicello — Garta — ChiefBell — ShaperSavant — Askani28 — GreyBlob — tenrose — MindAblaze — LabManiac_Luke — Bolsheviktory — TheRedMage — — UmbrotheUmbreon — Ohthenoises — chaosumbreon87 — impropriety — AzamiLadyofScrolls — CurdBrosBrewingCo — Leinahtan — marsthesoos — monlet — thegigibeast — tyforthevenom — — FAMOUSWATERMELON — skinnersBoxy — empes — Spazik008 — nobu_the_bard — LabManiac_Simon — Raging_Squiggle — ZombieCat
SCORE: 4 | 4 COMMENTS | 665 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
SCORE: 328 | 91 COMMENTS | 40484 VIEWS | IN 322 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 449 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 225 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
|Avg. deck rating||21.94|
|Helper Rank||None yet|
|Favorite formats||Pre-release, Commander / EDH, Limited|
|Good Card Suggestions||71|
|Venues||Critical Hit Games, Dream Wizards|
|Last activity||2 days|