|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Oketra the True
Legendary Creature — God
Double strike, indestructible
Oketra the True cannot attack or block unless you control at least three other creatures.
: Create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token with vigilance.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (28)||Mrbiscuit22 , lava_lava , PhotogenicParasympathetic , damo_rox , Spinalripper , jstn.mrrtt , dplerner , SketchyScribbler , admizell , JasYper , Suns_Champion , MattN7498 , Va1mar , Orypool , mycheze , teslacoil7992 , susureedjango , firemind12 , Lindough , YossarianLives , Kravian , theilluminaire , Atroxreaper , Talonisnthavingit , KB2187 , voidruby , electrolynx , Snydog17|
|Want (25)||, Gypsyhatten , JMANNO33O , Frixl0145 , kovellen , TigerShadow , Elode , cookspeedling , RoninH3RO , imapuncha , skimask38 , hebertmike , Sarkhanite312 , Dremasta24 , pelzee , jmunda , MpJackal , Bassadin , finfan96 , metalevolence , Baffelmore , Moonling , Gryffix , Havtorn , loganbowers|
Oketra the True Discussion
1 week ago
Your token production is heavily dependent on Rhys. I think you should diversify your means of token production somewhat. Cards like Mobilization, Sacred Mesa, Heliod, God of the Sun and Oketra the True can stick through a wrath effect.
1 week ago
WhichKing - I like the idea of Stoneforge Mystic, but it's a bit pricey for me at the moment. Maybe around tax time I can look into adding her. I really like the idea of another token producer. I've been on the fence about Court Street Denizen. She hasn't really made any impact in any of the games I've played with her. I think I'll throw Heliod, God of the Sun in there in her place. Catapult Master has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I just don't have enough tokens to make use of him. Not sure if I want to swap him out for Oketra the True or not. Maybe down the road. I have a lot of cards to try to swap in and out so it might actually be sooner than later! Thanks for the ideas!
1 week ago
I noticed your token theme is heavily dependent on Regna's ability. Why not put in more token producers for redundancy? I would recommend Oketra the True, Heliod, God of the Sun, Mobilization. These can be combined with Divine Visitation for even more impact. Ophiomancer could be included as well as its nuts with Divine Visitation.
1 week ago
Your commander plays such an important role in the deck such that I feel that Stoneforge Mystic should be included just to tutor up the greaves and swiftfoot boots. Since you run Divine Visitation and Anointed Procession I also strongly recommend resilient token producers like Heliod, God of the Sun and Oketra the True.
1 week ago
Pervavita - I do play against a guy who likes to use infect in a few decks so I may sideboard Righteous Aura once I get a copy. I've debated on Fumigate. One more mana but it could make for a ton of life with my group. I'll swap it out for a while and see how it does. I do run against a lot of regenerate so that is my only hesitation. Oath of Lieges looks pretty good. I don't really have too many issues with ramp despite being mono white. I actually have one so I might try it at some point. Thank you very much for the suggestions!
thrane - Howdy! That's a lot of good ideas. I really like Shefet Dunes and Isolated Watchtower. I'll be getting those soon. I have all of the others in a side sideboard lol. I want to try Oketra the True one of these days as commander. The other recommendations I'll probably try with her. There are so many neat cards that work with Darien. It's hard to make a solid set in stone list. But a lot of the fun has been pulling cards and trying different stuff out. No cards have really disappointed me yet. Anyway thank you very much for the ideas and input. It's greatly appreciated!
1 week ago
Here is some of my favorite cards in my Darien deck:
Jinxed Choker, does not look like a threat at first but when it gets around 8-10 counters people start to worry.
Mask of Memory can draw you a lot of cards + if you have Land Tax, it can turn lands into pure gas.
Secure the Wastes can win you the game out of nowhere.
Luminarch Ascension is a power house and puts your oppenents in a strange spot with Darien out, "to attack or not to attack".
Oketra the True is a very good plan B commander when Darien is either removed or not working.
Hour of Revelation is a must.
Buried Ruin, Isolated Watchtower, Scavenger Grounds and Shefet Dunes are some great utility lands, worth trying.
I've played my paper Darien deck for a year, at my local store an in my playgroups. He is too much fun!
2 weeks ago
I can tell just by looking at this briefly that this build has been improved over time as it looks very refined. As I am not experienced with this commander, take my comments with a grain of salt as you are more of the expert here.
I wonder if you could make use of more token producers - specifically ones that make at least 3 1/1 creatures at a time in order to use Teysa's first ability on demand if she's the only creature in play. Cards that come to mind include: Sengir Autocrat, Benevolent Offering, Increasing Devotion, Entrapment Maneuver, Spectral Procession, Martial Coup.
I think more card draw effects would be nice. I'm very surprised to not see Mentor of the Meek in here. I would argue that Read the Bones is strictly better than Painful Lesson. But overall I would consider adding a few more, some that come to mind that play well are: Damnable Pact, Skeletal Scrying, Blood Divination, Altar's Reap, Ancient Craving.
I think you could use more mana ramp. Besides mana rocks, you could take advantage of treasures with cards like Pitiless Plunderer.
Not sure if you've thought about focusing on strong cards that care about low CMC. Besides Mentor of the Meek, other cool cards could be added (some would even interact with Teysa): Unearth, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Citywide Bust.
Fun cards that come to mind that you could add:
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded Not a cheap card at around $6, but could be insane in this deck.
- Archfiend of Despair - also around $6 and high cmc, but would be nuts for ending a long game quickly
- Krav, the Unredeemed I know you said you recently traded him, but it could be worth hunting down another cheap non-foil one and run him with Regna, the Redeemer.
- Bontu the Glorified and/or Oketra the True
- Athreos, God of Passage not cheap at $12, but could be useful when you don't have tokens to sacrifice
- Eliminate the Competition - very underestimated IMO
- Black Market I'm usually very picky when it comes to enchantments at 5+ CMC, but maybe this one would be worth it in a long game since it sees tokens dying.
Lastly, a few cards I think could possibility be cut for any of the above (I am often eager to cut high CMC cards btw):
- Treasury Thrull - a good effect I'll admit, but I'm just not thrilled with the 6 CMC. If reviving creatures is your main goal, something like a Hell's Caretaker's effect for less mana might be better.
- Voldaren Pariah Flip - at her cmc with that effect, I think I'd rather run a board wipe instead
- Vizkopa Confessor - looks like a fun card, but I don't like the CMC.
- Profane Command - I don't know that this should be cut, but I'd encourage you to really ask yourself which modes you typically use because you might be able to get a card with the desired mode for less mana. If X spells are a way for you close out the game, you could consider Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire.
- Tamiyo's Journal - looks like a fun card, but idk about the cmc, requires a long game before providing lots of value.
- Tainted Sigil - I've never seen this card before, does it pay off well? I just don't like that people can see it on the board.
Overall, very impression decklist - glad you rebuilt it. Eager to face it next week.
1 month ago
I agree with the idea behind Pariah. I play it in my version and it can be back breaking for some opponents. The Shield also goes in of course as a back up plan.