|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal||Mythic Rare|
|Shards of Alara||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Mayael the Anima
Legendary Creature — Elf Shaman
, : Look at the top five cards of your library. You may put a creature card with power 5 or greater from among them into play. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||zachi , Forkbeard , GoldGhost012 , Ashy , pskinn01 , maR2307 , YossarianLives , moonmonster , Grantley91 ,|
Mayael the Anima Discussion
1 week ago
As much as I hate to, I am selling my Mayael the Anima commander deck. While it is an EDH deck, if you purchase it, you are not obligated to keep it as one. You buy it, you do what you want with it. There is a lot of value here, and I need the money. If interested, inquire below. I am also selling a multitude of things in my binder. As long as it's not a piece for my Affinity deck, or Legacy Burn, you're welcome to make me an offer. Mayael For Sale
1 week ago
For what you're trying to do you might even like Mayael the Anima as a commander, which cheats out some real fatties.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Love seeing another Mayael the Anima deck and awesome job with the HP reference. So first act of business...ramp. With a deck that has such a high CMC, it needs more land/land producing cards. Overgrowth, Trace of Abundance, and Market Festival are cheap and effective.
Second, there are only 26 creatures in the deck that can be cheated in with Mayael the Anima. Nothing is worse than paying six land and having her effect to give you a dead draw.
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre "cast" effect wont trigger as well. Unfortunately Mayael the Anima doesn't cast the creatures, however ETB effect will work such as Tyrant of Discord, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Terastodon are just a few examples.
And last but not least....your planeswalkers. With the reprinting of Domri Rade, you can pick one up for under five bucks. Arlinn Kord Flip would also help with her haste ability and then after she flips, she can give everyone trample.
+1 from me and good luck!!
3 weeks ago
Awesome seeing another Mayael the Anima deck. A few pointers, Try to use more ramp. Green is the most versatile color when it comes to land advantage. Overgrowth, Fertile Ground, and Trace of Abundance are just some examples. Another walker you may want to add is Sarkhan Vol, he would do wonders in a deck like this. Here's my Mayael deck. He can not afford. Great success. +1 from me.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Trosani is more of a life-gain token thing. Pretty non-specific as to what the tokens are, as long as they're big. either stomp with your massive tokens, or win with something like Aetherflux Reservoir
Karador is a pretty solid abzan deck. Reanimator, some combos, and I mean you can make it angels or demons. Avacyn, Angel of Hope is a great addition that one bloom tender affords. She works in Trosani too.
Derevi is a combo/stax deck. one of the fastest stax commanders, and super efficient on cost as the game progresses. Hence why he's banned in 1v1s.
Kaalia is more of a gimmick commander, but the better angels and stuff the more powerful the deck is naturally. Although she's naturally crucial to getting stuff out, well her or Quicksilver Amulet. Without them the deck's crippled. It's like Mayael the Anima, the deck is really crippled without the commander in play.
1 month ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!