Radha, Heir to Keld
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever Radha, Heir to Keld attacks, you may gain .
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might (DDS)||Rare|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Radha, Heir to Keld occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Radha, Heir to Keld Discussion
4 weeks ago
Yup, okay so I'm digging this concept.
So I think the first order of business is exploring the different paths Palladia would take upon being reawakened.
Option 1: Helping Bolas Escape
The Steps: First, she'd have to learn what a planeswalker is, as far as I can tell from the lore, she has not met on nor does she know of their existence (She's been asleep for long time). So she would probably have to meet some more knowledgeable people, perhaps the crew of the Weatherlight battled her? Perhaps she does defeat them and learn the secret from an impressionable you Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage, maybe she keeps the weatherlight. After knowing what a planeswalker is, she'd need to learn of Bolas' imprisonment. ATM only three beings know of this, Jace Beleren, Ugin, and Bolas himself. IDK how she'd learn of this but we can get into that detail after she's a planeswalker. Now, she needs to become a planeswalker. In her day, all you had to do to become a planeswalker was gather a ton of mana. Assuming this is post-mending she'd have to be born with a spark, or a spark would have to be given, or perhaps taken. What if a young planeswalker like Teyo, the Shieldmage stumbled upon her path? She could take his spark with the help of her followers, and ascend to be a planeswalker. Additionally, she could use a Planar Portal to traverse the planes. Or maybe she met Tezzeret, who has the planar bridge inside him and struck a deal to travel to another plane, but this is unlikely because Tezzeret has sworn not to serve another dragon. Okay, so Palladia can traverse planes, what next? Now she has to search for info on Bolas and Ugin. This could take centuries, not only are their histories as old as Dominaria but they've both been to so many planes. A possible encounter is with Azor, the Lawbringer on Ixalan where she learns of their plans to trap bolas. She could travel to Ravnica, though this would be hard due to everyone being on watch for planeswalkers. But if she did, she would learn about the war and stuff, and that Bolas might be dead or is thought dead. Now, in order to find where Bolas is, she'd need to find Jace, Idk how she would, he's sort of on and off with Vraska on ravnica as of late and he's a tough cookie to crack, maybe she could hire another mind reader? Either way, she gets the info and now has to find the meditation realm. As of recently, Ugin, Sarkhan, Niv Mizzet, Ashiok, Narset, and Tetsuko Umezawa know of the meditation realm. Of these Sarkhan would provide the best guide, as she could control him again (this seems to be a recurring theme with him). So she finds the realm and stuff but look out now she has to fight Ugin. But wait, what if she fixed The Immortal Sun? Boom Ugin can't escape and now she's fighting him. The point is Ugin needs to lose, but I don't know how Palladia could do that as Ugin is way more experienced than her. Maybe she attains mastery of the meditation realm? There is also, what I think would be the most epic thing ever, where she kills Sarkhan and gives Bolas Sarkhans spark. Bolas kills Ugin and is free. Maybe he kills Palladia right there and then, maybe she somehow kills him? Maybe he becomes her underling, lots of possibilities. So that's that whole destiny right there.
Option 2: Taking over
Palladia wakes up and decides to finally conquer Dominaria. The fractured remnants of the cabal rally behind her. She has a few obstacles though. Shiv won't go down without a fight, especially with Darigaaz defending it, neither will Benalia or Tolaria and then there's the whole Weatherlight crew to deal with. Maybe include Shanna, Sisay's Legacy, Squee, the Immortal, Tiana, Ship's Caretaker. Overall, it's a very difficult crusade, include key enemies such as Lyra Dawnbringer and Radha, Heir to Keld. Finally, after a decade-long war, Palladia rules all of Dominaria.
Option 3: Palladia Mors, Ruiner of Planes
Somehow (literally any of the ways I listed in 1) Palladia finds a way to move plane to plane, she takes it upon herself to sow chaos and bloodshed throughout, collecting trinkets of victory as she goes, maybe she takes the Seal of the Guildpact from Ravnica and Obelisk of Alara from Alara. Ooooo maybe Shadowspear if she defeats Elspeth wherever she goes.
That's just a few of the options for her that I could come up with, I personally think #1 could make a good fan fic
Hope you like feedback, this deck looks sweet.
1 month ago
Okay buddy here we go!
I think we need to fix a lot of things here. Ramp is an easy fix, we'll get some more instant/sorceries that get lands because they are safest. Then we'll work on getting more counters on Hallar in more efficient ways. We'll also swap out some of your kicker spells for other kicker spells that do better things.
Cards to look at:
- Snake Umbra It's protection and draw
- Ordeal of Nylea Counters and ramp
- Wolfbriar Elemental an "eh" kicker but lots of tokens if you get the mana
- Vigor awesome against Neheb and Torbran
- Verduran Emissary kicker and removal
- Thicket Elemental kicker and free creature, but it costs a lot so maybe not
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal another hardened scales
- Mold Shambler kicker and removal (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Citanul Woodreaders kicker and draw (better than Thicket Elemental)
- Rishkar's Expertise draw and free spell
- Greater Good is good for drawing cards in the event a board wipe or removal happens. Yeah you have to discard 3 but who cares when you're hopefully drawing 8+ by sacking Hallar
- Return of the Wildspeaker another draw or a buff
- Hunter's Insight Since Hallar has trample you'll definitely get cards, but this can be 3 mana draw 8+ if he's unblocked
- Canopy Surge cheap kicker that also hits players so you can bring them down lower
- Chandra's Ignition boardwipe/damage players
- Breath of Darigaaz cheap kicker that also jits players
- Quest for Pure Flame cheap damage doubler to help you close a game. One Hallar activation puts 3 counters on it.
- Hour of Devastation solid boardwipe that hopefully won't kill Hallar
- Tectonic Reformation For cycling lands
- Solidarity of Heroes cheap kicker that doubles counters
- Heroic Intervention protection
- Savage Offensive cheap kicker that's a combat trick sorta
- Blade of the Bloodchief might be good with Elenda and Teysa sacking all those creatures.
- Primal Vigor double counters
- Llanowar Reborn easy +1 at the cost of it coming in tapped, great in opening hand
- Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter mana and +1s
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade mana and +1s
- Forgotten Ancient more counters
- Farseek 2 mana ramp
- Sakura-Tribe Elder 2 mana ramp
- Rampant Growth 2 mana ramp
- Nature's Lore 2 mana ramp
- Kodama's Reach 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Cultivate 3 mana ramp and guaranteed land drop
- Explore 2 mana ramp and draw
Cards to maybe cut
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking only good early game or if you're drawing a ton of cards, replace with any 2 mana ramp card
- Elvish Visionary replace with Explore
- Grand Warlord Radha Looking to go lower on creatures, replace with 2 mana ramp spell
- Grunn, the Lonely King replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Loyal Guardian replace with better +1 counter option
- Rummaging Goblin Replace with better draw
- Savage Ventmaw 2 mana ramp spell
- Servant of the Scale replace with better +1 counter
- Skizzik replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Untamed Kavu replace with cheaper kicker or at least a kicker that draws cards or is removal
- Fog You know I don't like these but I know you like them. I'd replace with Heroic Intervention
- Magmatic Insight replace with Tectonic reformation
- Expedite replace with draw spell
- Darksteel Ingot 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Locket 2 mana ramp
- Gruul Cluestone 2 mana ramp
- Repercussion is way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to risky now with Neheb AND torbran. replace with anything really
- Forced Adaptation Replace with better +1 or doubler
- Radha, Heir to Keld replace with 2 mana ramp spell
So with all that I hope you're mana will be more consistant and your draw will be more powerful, then you'll be able to dump more counters on Hallar and snipe some wins. If not, your kicker spells will have more impact because they'll draw or remove or ramp. Focus on the 2cmc ramp cards, then swap out the kicker spells, then get those draw cards in there.
Here's a Deck you can also look at
3 months ago
I'm excited for Radha, Heir to Keld
3 months ago
Alright, I finished the Gwafa Hazid, deck, check it out on me profile. So next, I need a vote for either Lovisa Coldeyes or Radha, Heir to Keld . Personally, I'm leaning towards Lovisa Coldeyes, since she's such a cool tribal commander, but i'll let you guys decide. Once we establish a commander...I'll need some suggestions! Give me all you've got, but make sure they're currently under a dollar on TCGPlayer.
4 months ago
@ Splitzer : added all of them except Kemba (doesn't do it for me). Also, there seems to be a promo version of Bladehold which was spicier then the normal one.
8 months ago
Been a while I'm looking for exotic, strong and primer decks here :) Does Radha, Heir to Keld stay after the combat step ? I'm not sure. I think you can run 1 or 2 more lands and cut some slow stuff like Heart of Kiran , Lifecrafter's Bestiary or your 2 planeswalkers. The new Domri from War of the Sparl seems sweeter for the aggro strategy of your list. I'm probably wrong since I don't know this dekc as much as you but it's my 2 CP :p Your deck seems sweet and Gruul is an underestimated color combination in the format. Hope we'll meet one day around a table for some magic
10 months ago
Nice deck. I always enjoy playing with my werewolves Howlin' With the Pack and it looks like you've got a pretty strong core. I'm not convinced by Burning-Tree Emissary , Dawntreader Elk , Mina and Denn, Wildborn , Radha, Heir to Keld or Zhur-Taa Ancient though. I don't think creature-based ramp is that helpful because, on the whole, most of your creatures aren't that expensive and playing multiple spells in your turn will just end up flipping your creatures back over! Plus plenty of your sorceries do the job. Similarly, I don't know how much work Chromatic Lantern is doing in a two colour deck compared to something like Gruul Locket that could at least draw you cards (vital for a R/G creature-based deck to keep the pressure on a la Hunter's Insight / Sixth Sense ) or cost reduction like Ruby Medallion / Rhonas's Monument ? Mage Slayer and Rhythm of the Wild are definite all-stars for me as well.