Legendary Creature — Ogre Shaman
Tap: Heartless Hidetsugu deals damage to each player equal to half that player's life total, rounded down.
|Want (3)||Cactusman , GARlockSpiral , limoonit|
Printings View all
|Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Heartless Hidetsugu occurrence in decks from the last year
Heartless Hidetsugu Discussion
1 day ago
Saw the last update was adding Heartless Hidetsugu which rules with Mogis, but whybreplace Command Tower? Why not a basic land. Command Tower is a superior land. Maybe you needed to swap it into another deck?
Also Dictate of Erebos synergizes really well when you have hungry demons eating tokens and opponents are forced to block. Just adds so much more pain. It works real nice with things like Abhorrent Overlord.
3 days ago
It could also be fun to build an indirect double damage deck. Things like Heartless Hidetsugu and Firey Emancipation, with some support like Ghostly Prison, Leyline of Sanctity, Crawlspace, to keep you from being attacked
1 week ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?
2 weeks ago
This depends on the metagame heavily, however I love certain ones for some reasons, imagine using Rune of Protection: Red with Heartless Hidetsugu! Personally, Red and Green are my favorites, as Red for the previous reason and Green helps mediate Triumph of the Hordes and Craterhoof Behemoth!
Also, with a Vial Smasher the Fierce, Nekusar, big fireball, etc. Red is really strong, not just mono-red!
4 weeks ago
Thank you for the cut advice. I agree with Kederekt Parasite being a good addition, I originally had that and Underworld Dreams in the deck but I have no way of making them draw cards. These would slowly do damage over time, but I like Electrickery in the deck as well. It is a very conditional card but I am with that! I am not going wide and I do not have a ton of board control/wipes. If someone is running an aggressive token deck Electrickery will pretty much save me in that situation from just being over run completely. I run Veil of Summer and Red Elemental Blast in decks and 75% of the time they are useless, but I enjoy having them just in case!
I will make some cuts and see where we end up. As for Heartless Hidetsugu it is a rounded down effect, which means even doubling the damage would only kill you if you have an even life total. If you have to round down on an odd life total it would leave you with 2 life left. I would only use him if I am sure I would not die, and with either Torbran, Thane of Red Fell or Embermaw Hellion out my opponents would die even with an odd life total due to the extra damage.
1 month ago
Pretty sweet for your first deck! What got you into commander?
I'd probably pick up a Knollspine Dragon. It's the cheapest it's going to be right now since it just got reprinted in the mystery boosters and it's got unlimited potential when neheb is your commander. Heartless Hidetsugu can give you all the mana you could want while making life totals in range of a nice big burn spell. Maybe check out some X cost spells so that you're getting the most out of your mana
1 month ago
It might break the budget for your deck but you might want to consider adding damage doublers like Furnace of Rath, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Fiendish Duo, or the new card Fiery Emancipation. That could help escelate your burn to a level that will take players out. Heartless Hidetsugu is also an amazing way to chew through everyone's health (just be careful you don't blow yourself up in the process!)
1 month ago
Hey Zarrox, I've been looking for a fun Rakdos deck and am glad I came across your. Dire Fleet Ravager is like Heartless Hidetsugu but does the damage immediately. I'd also consider adding a haste enabler like Urabrask the Hidden or anything you feel would best fit. I really like what you have and hope it kicks butt!