|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Does Cerulean Wisps completely change the color or just add it?
- Does a legendary card creatures unique rule apply to the card name or type
- Lethal Damage vs. Lifelinking Blockers
- Can I have any Dragonlord with it past form on battlefield?
- Can I cast a Spell in response to someone Playing Dragonlord Dromoka?
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
Dragonlord Dromoka can't be countered.
Your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||Tommuz , ironax , Forkbeard , tlhunter07 , Tyqar , Roadhog , johnsongrantr , Dr_Jay , Vergil_Redgrail , pokemate0 , MattN7498 , abby315 , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (3)||zachi , LegendDeer , brokendwarf|
Dragonlord Dromoka Discussion
5 days ago
necropedal Hmm, that is a tough question.
For the 10 cards i've mentionned, i'd personally remove :
First, those choices maybe aren't adapted to your meta (If i check by your cards, there's a lot of mill and counterspells). If that's the case, you could probably change something else.
If they are adapted to, take the first 8 cards i suggested, or...
Second, your mana base is SOLID. (Really!) But, you could use some land tutors like Farseek, Crop Rotation, Harrow instead of only Explosive Vegetation. Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are good for ramp, also.
Some cards also to consider against some match-ups :
I'll probably make myself a deck similar to this one (except the Taiga and co., i'm not rich enough or lucky enough to have them). Multicolor tokens decks have a lot of ooptions, and are fun to play.
1 week ago
you can't have Dragonlord Dromoka in your deck
3 weeks ago
Hey DespairFaction, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go through and address each one quickly:
- I'm not really a fan of Mask of Memory, as you have to connect to draw.
- Skullclamp should definitely be in the deck, I agree. I had it in here at one point, but then took it out because I had taken some token generators out (i.e. Assemble the Legion). Since the addition of Monastery Mentor, clamp deserves a slot.
- People in my meta do play lots of board wipes, which is why I really like Sword of Light and Shadow. It also dodges the best spot removal with the pro white and black. Fliers are often most common in those colors, and I don't want to get chumped.
- Sword of Fire and Ice is obviously a good value card and I will consider it. I've never really liked Sword of War and Peace as I feel it's the most variable of the Swords. It also negates Boros Charm double strike (although some of the others swords do, as well).
- Conqueror's Flail is one I hadn't considered before, and it looks awesome. Dragonlord Dromoka is a powerhouse and having that effect on an artifact I can tutor is sick. One of the biggest problems I have is if someone counters Aurelia, obviously.
- I had Spirit of the Labyrinth in here and it was underwhelming. It also makes Wheel of Fortune a dead card in hand.
- Armageddon seems much more efficient to me than Cataclysm, but if I wanted another effect I've considered running Cataclysmic Gearhulk instead. The main thing I don't like about the cards is that they wipe my mana rocks. With Armageddon and multiple mana rocks, I can often still cast spells.
- Insurrection is very slow for this deck, and if it's countered, I'm in big trouble. I aim to win far before that with commander damage. It's also contingent on board state and can be a dead card in hand, so I'm not a fan.
- I tried Tajic, Blade of the Legion and cut him almost immediately. He usually ends up being a vanilla beater with an upside that isn't worth the mana investment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to make Aurelia as competitive as possible :)
3 weeks ago
Nice deck. I think Privileged Position would be a good addition. Also I'd consider Grand Abolisher since your deck is a little bit pillow-fort like and its nice to have before Dragonlord Dromoka hits the field.
I'm not sure why you're using Ground Seal, though. At least, not when considering your cards that interact with your graveyard like Greenwarden of Murasa, Monk Idealist, Scavenging Ooze, Sun Titan, World Breaker andDawn to Dusk.
1 month ago
First of all, you need fetchlands to play Brainstorm. The key part of brainstorm is it lets you see so much more of your deck, but you need shuffle effects for it, otherwise you are going 3 cards deeper, but having to put the worst cards back, then draw them.
Victimize is just bad, because they can just bolt your creature, and you get nothing. Instead, play 4 copies of Life/Death. The life part doesn't matter. The Death part is a 2 mana reanimate. You want 12 reanimation spells.
For dragons, I think better options exist. The dragons you currently have are low impact, slow, or easily removed. Dragonlord Dromoka is big, lets you race stuff, makes your next reanimation as needed safe, and is quite impactful. Dragonlord Kolaghan is a big hasty 6 damage that changes the way your opponent plays slightly. Hellkite Overlord, big, fast, can regenerate, lots of damage.
For your sideboard, Duress is good, but there are better options for the other slots. For example, there are no hexproof creatures played in legacy for Glaring Spotlight. There is one with shroud, but it is a 3/3 and you are generally outclassing it. The unblockable for 4 mana over 2 turns also isn't relevant because you outclass most stuff in the air.
1 month ago
If you like Grand Abolisher so may want to consider Dosan the Falling Leaf or Dragonlord Dromoka both are really good, and Sisay can tutor for both unlike abolisher. Karametra, God of Harvests could help with some ramp, and she's hard to get rid of. Also noticing your planeswalkers Garruk Wildspeaker's +1 can help a little with ramp.
Kinda curious why you have a number of banned cards though? Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Primeval Titan and Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary are these allowed in your play group, do they just not know they're banned? do they just not care? not trying to be a rules nazi, just not something I see often.
Hope I wasn't a bother.
1 month ago
I've been thinking about maybe adding red to the deck, which would let me add in cards that would be helpful. I made a new list of possible cards to add, including possible red ones, so I would appreciate thoughts on whether or not I should add red to the deck, and on the list:
1 month ago
Ik heb gekeken naar je suggestions en Dragonlord Dromoka en Oathsworn Giant weer toegevoegd. Ik heb letterlijk het hele lijstje al gespeeld, met uitzondering van Guiltfeeder en het was het allemaal net niet :(
Sapling of Colfenor is wel erg goed, dus dat is ook een twijfelaartje :)