Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
Dragonlord Dromoka can't be countered.
Your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
|Want (5)||SilentNightIndustries , TheSageKnight , NMJohn , VillarrTheBastard , Golgoroth|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dragonlord Dromoka occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
- Does Cerulean Wisps completely change the color or just add it?
- Does a legendary card creatures unique rule apply to the card name or type
- Lethal Damage vs. Lifelinking Blockers
- Can I have any Dragonlord with it past form on battlefield?
- Can I cast a Spell in response to someone Playing Dragonlord Dromoka?
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Dragonlord Dromoka Discussion
1 week ago
Add Grand Abolisher for redundancy maybe? Would you be up for the idea of Dragonlord Dromoka in the 99 instead? I ask because I think adding blue would help your intended strategy so you can add Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, and Teferi, Time Raveler among others. As for a bant commander I cannot say at this time... I meant to read before bed not really make responses XD.
1 week ago
Control player here. I've talked at length elsewhere about how much I hate Teferi, Time Raveler, but this article has some good history and exploration on Teferi cards so let me try and present a more encompassing viewpoint.
What Teferi does, in context isolation, isn't an issue. It's existed before - on Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - and that's considered a fine card. The beautiful aspect of Magic design is that practically every aspect of gameplay is open to attack - that's why we have spells like discard, land destruction, and so forth. The stack is no different in this regard.
3feri is a collection of smaller problems that adds up to one major problem:
- His static is asymmetrical. Prison static effects are usually symmetrical (Winter Orb, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben) for balance reasons - it means you can't just jam them into any deck, you have to build your deck to carefully break the symmetry of the prison. Now, asymmetrical static effects are a fine thing to have too, but have generally been higher costed (compare Leonin Arbiter and Aven Mindcensor) to account for this. 3feri is costed incredibly well for his power - years ago, a 1WU instant that matched his -3 would probably have been Standard playable!
- He comes in WU colors. This is a major point that I think is overlooked by many. If he was 1WG or 1RG instead of 1WU, we'd probably be looking at a card fair creature decks could board in against control decks. Which is totally fine, control hosers have existed forever and fair creature decks are always a welcome sight in Magic. But instead he's 1WU, so coupled with the asymmetry of the static, that means that this supposedly anti-control card fits into control shells. This has several unpleasant implications, including the once-amazing mirror matchup now being reduced to "resolve 3feri first ez game".
- He protects himself on the board with his -3. This gives him an amazing floor of being a pseudo 3cmc Time Walk, which is part of why he's so widely seen - because even against decks that don't particularly care about the static, he can still reset a threat while maintaining card neutrality (if they kill it with board presence) or advantage (if they use a spell to be rid of it). Contrast to the other widely-maligned curse walkers, Narset, Parter of Veils and Karn, the Great Creator - these do not protect themselves on board, making counterplay to the board much more feasible and the walkers themselves less of an auto-include.
- He doesn't say "opponents can't cast spells on your turn" like Dragonlord Dromoka or Grand Abolisher. He literally says opponents can cast spells only at sorcery speed. This has the side effect of shutting off a ton of random stuff like suspend, cascade, and other mechanics that were clearly never intended to be shut off by the static, but are anyways.
3feri isn't "broken" in the traditional sense of the term, and doesn't deserve a ban (most likely) on raw power level concerns. But he's one of the faces of this new, post-WAR era of Magic and is an unpleasant, constant thorn in gameplay across every format from Standard to Vintage. Even if you're playing a fair creature deck that cares little for the passive, he's a card-drawing bounce that serves as a strong tempo play (or, if he survives, you're now vulnerable to instant-speed wraths and discard), and if you're playing a stack-interaction deck, you either answer this guy on the stack yourself or you probably lose.
tl;dr He just represents everything that I (and many others) hate about the current design era of Magic.
4 weeks ago
With only 7 dragons I worry Lathliss, Dragon Queen on average won’t get me any tokens as 7/99 chance and three of the dragons are designed to pump out tokens. Would Drakuseth, Maw of Flames be a bad idea? I’ve never used him before but for some reason I’m super drawn to him
4 weeks ago
You're looking for +2 more Dragons, yes?
I'd suggest dropping Dragonlord Dromoka first and foremost. Yes, she protects you during your turn - however she doesn't add any value to the core structure of your deck. This isn't a control deck. Your goal should be focused on churning out tokens, not building protection. I'd say you can very safely drop her in place of Lathliss, Dragon Queen. This is because if you get Lathliss out early, she has continued added value as more and more Dragons are brought into play. However, even if she is brought out late she still adds value with her global firebreathing ability.
Secondly, I'd suggest bringing in Nesting Dragon. This is a personal favorite of mine. Lands equate to 0/2 walls which make great fodder for blocking or if you are forced to sacrifice creatures due to spells or abilities. Additionally, in my personal experience they act as strong deterrents because nobody wants to give you 2/2 flyers.
To make room for Nesting Dragon, I'd replace Akroma's Memorial. The reason for this is because you already have a strong base of creatures and plenty of ways to get them up and moving. This is just an added card that overlaps and doesn't add much value once it's out. Yes it's a cool card and all, and speaking as a Timmy I do absolutely love it. However, putting my own bias aside, the structure of your deck is already built up well enough that you don't really need it.
4 weeks ago
Hello Ziabo! I was doing some playtesting with your deck and thinking about my old Trostani deck that became a Ghired deck; here are my thoughts.
Privileged Position and/or Avacyn, Angel of Hope and/or Dragonlord Dromoka for protection.
Searchers for your wincons like: Enlightened Tutor a/o Idyllic Tutor a/o Open the Armory for your token doublers, your auras, a/o your Aetherflux Reservoir , a/o Helm of the Host.
Drop the guildgate for Temple Garden.
Altar of Dementia can be an altarnate wincon with your Midnight Guard + Presence of Gond loop; searchable with Enlightened Tutor . Lightning Greaves are good Seedborn Muse is good Smothering Tithe is great! Finale of Devastation is AMAZING!
Hope this helps :)
1 month ago
1 month ago
Uh... Im not sure you know what your commander does based on your creature pool. On a scale of 1-10, i would rate this a 1.5, but i'll help you with that. You might as well be running Golos, Tireless Pilgrim. You have a small number of Dragons in the deck, and I noticed a bunch of useless non-dragon creatures in the deck.
32 lands is wayyyy to few, and you have an awful mana base, even on a budget, having only 1 tri-land and a random af arrangement of shock and gain lands.
You have little ramp, if any, which will slow you down greatly in a format such as commander Another concern is your lack of mana rocks. Why only one signet?
Your removal is pathetic, to be honest, with only one murder. Removal is IMPORTANT in commander, being used at both utility and a rich bargaining tool in the political side of the format.
But enough with flaming the deck, here is what I would put it.
First off, let's talk about your commander. It supports a heavy dragon tribal theme, and you want nearly all of your creatures creatures that either add to this theme or ramp you to get him out earlier. If you are to be running a non dragon creature, make sure it is a utility creature such as Reclamation Sage that can either ramp you or get rid of problems on the board.
Here is what I would cut if i was building him:
Ajani's Pridemate - No lifegain synergy and bad creature in EDH
Brineborn Cutthroat - A 2/2 with flash wont cut it in Ur
Corpse Knight - No sacrifice theme
Dreadmalkin - cmon, really?
Empyrean Eagle - Other cards do this a lot more efficiently
Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch - No madness or counter theme
Faerie Vandal - just no
Garenbrig Carver - bad in general
Gravedigger - not a dragon
Grumgully, the Generous - not efficent
Venerable Knight - no synergy in deck
Manalith - You can keep it in, but it isn't very good
Compelling Argument - 0 MILL THEME!!!
Here is what I would add:
Dryad of the Ilysian Grove - Can ramp you AND fix your mana
Dragonspeaker Shaman - cuts down mana cost drastically
Dragonlord Kolaghan - Haste enabler and good beater
Dragonlord Dromoka - game winning lockdown effect
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund - haste enabler
Kokusho, the Evening Star - good beater with amazing ability
Birds of Paradise - great mana dork
ALL the signets (Emphasis on ALL)
All tri-lands from Tarkir and Alara
Try to get all 10 fetch and shock lands if at all possible
This is just a few thing I think the deck could need, obviously it needs ore board wipes and wincons, however this is a good place to start. I want to be clear, I dont hate the deck, but I Think it needs improvements to become and 8. For your first commander deck, it's just fine. Thanks for reading. Cheers
1 month ago
Dromoka, Guardian Eternal
Legendary Creature - Elder Dragon (BC she's still and elder dragon, even with the Khans, that was a dumb change.)
Dromoka and Humans you control have Hexproof.
Whenever a play casts a spell during another player's turn, each of their opponents draws a card.
Whenever a player activates an ability other than a mana ability during another player's turn, each of their opponents scry 1.
I think the Khans versions of the Elder Dragons should've been more synergistic with Humans, so same template as before, but with attention to Humans.