|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Does Cerulean Wisps completely change the color or just add it?
- Does a legendary card creatures unique rule apply to the card name or type
- Lethal Damage vs. Lifelinking Blockers
- Can I have any Dragonlord with it past form on battlefield?
- Can I cast a Spell in response to someone Playing Dragonlord Dromoka?
Legendary Creature — Elder Dragon
Dragonlord Dromoka can't be countered.
Your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Dragonlord Dromoka Discussion
14 hours ago
I am not 100% sure if you are asking for this but here is my GW goodstuff selvala deck if you look closely you can see the main idea of a good stuff deck in general.
Good stuff is not just "play good cards" because no one is going to play bad cards. Good stuff decks are decks where all of the cards in it have a purpose and are useful in most situations not just fringe ones. For example, I am in GW so I cannot tutor for spells so a lot of my deck are utility creatures because I CAN tutor for them. Creatures that protect me and my board ( Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Dragonlord Dromoka, Hushwing Gryff , and Sigarda, Host of Herons ) creatures that blow things up ( Acidic Slime , terrastodon , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Duplicant ) you get the point.
Likewise here is my abzan value deck this deck is not at all tested but I think it has a similar idea that you want. Its just a fair deck that kills everything and then grinds out a fair win condition like a planeswalker or big creature.
Looking at what your deck has now lets look at things that are good value cards and just good cards. Sepulchral Primordial is a good value card its something that will give you multiple creatures for one. However something like Reaper of the Wilds is just a decent card that doesnt really do much but protect itself. Sheoldred, Whispering One is a good card that will grind out value but what does Coiling Oracle really do in your deck? Draw a card maybe? seems kind of lack luster
Here is my suggestion on what to cut : Baleful Strix Brainstorm (its not good unless you have quite a few fetchlands) Golgari Charm Abrupt Decay (replace it with Krosan Grip ) Lim-Dul's Vault Trading Post (I have never hated a card so much in my life) Bloodchief Ascension Archaeomancer (your commander basically does this idk just doesnt seem worth it) and Coiling Oracle
I cannot suggest too many cards because these are not my colors of expertise but hopefully this helped a little.
1 day ago
Hey thanks for the name-drop, discipleofgary73!
I built a prototype Krond the Dawn-Clad budget deck, Krond the Junior Chipmunk (Concept), if you want to check it out. Some of the enchantment/aura tribal cards I put in there that I haven't seen mentioned yet are Ethereal Armor, Flickerform, Sage's Reverie, Sigarda's Aid, Aura Gnarlid, Auramancer, Dreampod Druid, Eidolon of Countless Battles, Elderwood Scion, Endless Wurm, Heliod's Pilgrim, Hero of Iroas, Kitsune Mystic, Monk Idealist, Nomad Mythmaker, Silent Sentinel, Sram, Senior Edificer, Tragic Poet, Umbra Mystic, Dawn to Dusk, Open the Armory, Retether, Reviving Melody, Three Dreams, Winds of Rath, Crown of the Ages, Crystal Chimes, Helm of the Gods.
3 days ago
Well, I ran my chaos based Saskia deck this weekend. I barely lost both games. One I just petered out to infect before I could crush Atraxa. The other, I was going to swing out at 2 people with about 62 damage on the redirect due to that crazy green myriad wolf & Xenagod, then got fogged & had to return it all to my hand... The chaos effects were insanely fun in there with 1 opponent running mono blue & the other doing blue/red -- I forced several players to drop instants & killed off 2 cyclonic rifts (could not be played for overload cost). You don't have to worry so much about cmc color alignment, or card draw, with all that chaos/cast for free junk as well. Grenzo, Havoc Raiser is ridiculously fun. I've found that I get very screwed by instant boardwipes with Saskia, maybe more things like Dragonlord Dromoka would stop those massive boardstate swings
5 days ago
Not bad. Agree with some of the above disagree with others. I don't think Dosan the Falling Leaf is STRICTLY better than Dragonlord Dromoka due to slight text differences in how the ability works, that he is uncounterable, that he is a large, lifelink beater; in my deck that can be important because I don't have a ton of lifelink if I am playing swing wide with Odric, Lunarch Marshal -- sometimes one lifesaving strategy against those Purphuros decks. Redundancy of anti-counter is a good thing in this deck IMO. Same thing with Asceticism & Privileged Position & various other sources of hexproof; redundancy of hexproof is a good thing to have in this deck, especially when the search ability for said hexproof is limited.
Really, I honestly say screw it to the sorcery's and instants & run Primal Surge, in which case you can still include removals, they just have to be the white enchantment-based kind: (obliv. ring etc...)
1 week ago
Applesauce_Magician, Thank you very much !!! If you want to save a little you can use basic land instead of Temple Garden, Sunpetal Grove and Temple of Plenty, try to use 12x Forest and 8x Plains. Sigarda, Host of Herons and Dragonlord Dromoka can be replaced as well for something of your choise hahaha
1 week ago
Closest I could make work is the following:
Siege Rhino Assuming it's the duel deck one.
If that's close enough for you, let me know. (Or if you have other small wants you can find, that also works.)
2 weeks ago
I feel like Sigarda, Host of Herons deserves a spot on this list.
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon, Surrak Dragonclaw, Teeka's Dragon, Wurmcoil Engine, Two-Headed Dragon, Dragonlord Dromoka, Atarka, World Render, Dragonlord Silumgar, Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Ojutai, Soul of Winter, Silumgar, the Drifting Death, Uril, the Miststalker, Anya, Merciless Angel, Archangel Avacyn Flip, Archangel of Thune, Avacyn, Angel of Hope, Empyrial Archangel, Lightning Angel, Razia, Boros Archangel, Stoic Angel, Sublime Archangel, Glissa, the Traitor, Vault of the Archangel, Griselbrand, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Aurelia, the Warleader all have that same Akroma-like feel to me, but some of them technically don't fit one or more conditions of big and 3+ static abilities.
2 weeks ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!