Ezuri, Claw of Progress
Legendary Creature — Elf Warrior
Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ezuri, Claw of Progress occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
GU (Simic): 0.5%
- What happens when I cast Synthetic Destiny, but I have less creature cards in my library then I exiled.
- Would command beacon reset the extra mana for a commander?
- Can you get experience no matter where the commander is.
- When Karn, Silver Golem turns a non-creature into a creature, does that creature "enter" the battlefield?
- Does Simic Keyrune trigger Ezuri, Claw Of Progress
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Ezuri, Claw of Progress Discussion
1 week ago
enpc No. That's your punishment. Commander is supposed to be about interacting with other players and having fun. I don't play Legacy or Modern for a REASON.
Gleeock I have some "I win" combos in my decks because eventually, games have to end. My rule is I'll (almost) never tutor for them. If, say, I have Grenzo, Dungeon Warden out, and I draw Timestream Navigator, Imma take all the turns. Or, if I have 4 experience counters with Ezuri, Claw of Progress and draw Sage of Hours, again, Imma take all the turns.
2 weeks ago
I stuck it in my Ezuri, Claw of Progress deck. Seems like it'll do some solid work in there.
3 weeks ago
Hey y''all. I would love to build a Simic deck with Simic Ascendancy as my wincon. I'm curious though, who would be best at the helm of this deck? Experiment Kraj seems very suitable. Ezuri, Claw of Progress is probably more expensive than I'm willing to spend on a commander but I'd love to have him.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey there, fellow Kadena-player here. =)
I've got some suggestions you might like:
- First off, I would highly recommend doing whatever you can do upgrade your land base first. Take out all the bouncelands, guildgates and fake gates, and replace them with basically anything that does not ETB tapped. even basics would be better most of the time.
- As for ramp, I decided to start by testing a bunch of rocks that add . Things like Gilded Lotus, Basalt Monolith and Llanowar Tribe. I don't know if you're into that, so alternatively there's the standard sets of Lockets, Signets, Cluestones, etc.
- Ugin, the Ineffable + Obscuring AEther is another way to get "free" morphs.
- Along those same lines, there's also Dark Petition.
- Zoetic Cavern is a land that can be morphed, enabling some sneaky tricks during attacking or blocking.
- Ezuri, Claw of Progress is also a neat trick to include if you're going the aggro route, since he'll buff all your colorless morphed creatures.
Those are all just quick suggestions, off the top of my head. If you want some more inspiration, feel free to check out my deck (The Wolverine Who Laughs (Kadena/Morph EDH)) or 's deck (It's Always Willbender), which I like because it's a nice-looking control-oriented version of Kadena.
2 months ago
Here's some quick suggestions you might like: Obscuring AEther, Llanowar Tribe, Gilded Lotus, Circle of Elders and Basalt Monolith can all be used for ramp. The first one gives an actual discount, the rest add mana, which allows you to pump out your morph guys faster.
Finally, I thought including Ezuri, Claw of Progress would be a cool idea, because all Morph creatures are 2/2s, so they'll trigger Ezuri every time. I haven't drawn/played it during a game yet though, so I'd be interested in your thoughts on that one.
Anyway, hopefully you like some of those ideas. Have fun Kadena-ing!
2 months ago
If your going with the +1/+1 rout then Tatyova would not be the best commander. you might get some life gain and card draw but it wont be at the lvl she could be at. If anything I would consider Vorel of the Hull Clade as a commander and or Ezuri, Claw of Progress if you want to go with that type of Synergy.
Sorry just trying to help. not trying to shoot the deck down.
2 months ago
Hey, you should consider looking into using Ezuri, Claw of Progress as the General for your deck. Ezuri can be an enabler for big green ramp with mana dorks that can tap to make mana equal to their power and/or number of +1/+1 counters they have.
- Gyre Sage
- Marwyn, the Nurturer
- Viridian Joiner
- Devoted Druid: +1/+1 counters cancel out -1/-1 counters.
At combat put all the experience counters on one of these dorks and then use that dork to make mana at your second main phase or after. Use all this green mana with token mana sinks:
- Ant Queen
- Jade Mage
- Biogenic Ooze
- Sprout Swarm
- Or Temur Sabertooth to loop casting Wolfbriar Elemental,Avenger of Zendikar,Hornet Queen.
Other reasons to use Ezuri with tokens are to take more advantage of Champion of Lambholt and Sage of Hours. Lambholt can make your token army unblockable and she gets a counter whenever a token is created. She can get huge with Ezuri and tokens. Hours can give you infinite extra turns with Ezuri. All Hours needs are 5 experience counters which can be placed on him via Ezuri each combat. This lets you attack with the tokens at the extra turn and keep doing this until all your opponents are dead.