|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
Legendary Creature — Elf Wizard
Whenever you cast a green creature spell, you may search your library for a creature card and reveal it. If you do, shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.
Whenever you cast a blue creature spell, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, put that card into your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||ShishkyBob , warcry02 , Kvothe1115 , voidruby , Paradise_Collectibles , EnividWodahs , mazrimtaim , Archegos , abby315 , GoldGhost012|
|Want (3)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , MouseyWolf|
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary Discussion
1 week ago
Hey Guys, I know that right now the tiers are in a bit of a change and looking through some of the lists I realized that the Momir Vig, Simic Visionary list cannot possibly be the best (e.g. no crypt etc.), which is why I thought up this list over the past few days and I would like to ask if it could replace the current one: Simic Hulk. Please mind that this is a theoretical list which I did not playtest expect for some goldfishing. If this list does not make the cut at least use this one Momir Vig, Simic Combonary since it is clearly more tuned than the current one.
4 weeks ago
So Many Possible Actions: Activate a loyalty ability, ability, and an ability of an artifact, then deal combat damage with and sacrifice that permanent to do lethal damage to yourself. Then return it to the battlefield under your control with a +1/+1 counter on it. Pass the turn after activating the loyalty ability again. (5/5) (JK, but it's possible. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out how!)
I Hate Everybody: Cast the fifth wrath in the game. (Creature wraths only!) (4/5)
You Must be Cheating: Win the game with 0 or less life. (3/5)
Your Own Worst Enemy: Cause the most life loss to yourself in a game without gaining life because of cards you own. Lose at least 10 life this way. (3/5)
1 month ago
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary has insane synergy with Rashmi.
2 months ago
fragarach97 you are my hero....I love Pygmy Hippo!!! You need (I think) to make him hit Seedborn Muse + Opposition. The one and only problem is that in we can't tutor enchantment or transmute for CMC. But trust me when you see Opposition in game it makes a significant difference. For the rest you have a good build, maybe Fauna Shaman to tutor more easily Magus of the Future so you can replace Future Sight. For some counterwar Mystic Snake is excellent with Momir Vig, Simic Visionary to tutor Draining Whelk and/or Venser, Shaper Savant, you can simply cast it, see if you can draw a creature and rebounce him back to your hand. If you go infinite mana with Deadeye Navigator Brutalizer Exarch to remove all but creature and/or tutor any creature is a good out-win! Last suggestion.....Cloudstone Curio to make all more repetable can fit well.
2 months ago
Cytoplast Manipulator just for the lul.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary for tutors.
Walking Ballista is HUUUGE.
Cryptolith Rite can help you to go out in a turn.
Arachnogenesis is fog that give you creatures, for blocks, AND experience counter. Awesome card.
2 months ago
Thanks for the up vote and comment and kind words!!
Ok so I definitely considered Hive Mind in the deck, but didn't end up keeping it because; a) this card can be mega abused (for good) and this decks purpose isn't really to abuse it. b) it's a 6 casting cost that'll likely get countered just cause it's f*cky and control players won't like their calculations being scrambled.
That said, other than adding mega value to wheels, and some f*ckery to tutors and such, and don't get me wrong I can see how this would be pretty crazy, I often see people add it for protection against counters. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how this would work for me in many cases. Say at the table of 4 I'm in position 1 and I drop a spell (say nekusar) that the player in position 3 counters, wouldn't the stack resolve like this; nekusar --> player 3 counter targets nekusar---> player 4 counter targets nekusar --> player 1 me, tries to counter 1 of the two nekusar counters and politics my way into convincing player 4 to counter the other --> player 4 realizes I'm a little shit and counters nekusar. And thus, Nekusar is banished from eternity (or to the command zone)
In other words does this really help for counters? I don't know if I can bank on that. But besides that, I really also don't think the control players in my groups would allow any of that f*ckery and I'd be out 6 mana. haha
Gilded Drake is hard not to auto include in blue. SO much value. 1) with the amount of Treachery and other players dropping Gilded Drake (why did I ever show them that card) half the time (literally) I'll use it to get my own commander back haha. BUT say all is well and I have my commander, or I have my notion thief and I decide I don't want to be defensive with the GD, for two mana I can not only shut down their commander but abuse it myself??? Mega value for I just really don't see how I can remove it for these reasons.
In regards to Overburden it's part of acknowledging my play group. Half the people I'm up against this card will crushhhh them.. or at the very least draw out a counter for which is also not bad. In particular it'll crush Ryan with Momir Vig, Simic Visionary and chris with Edric, Spymaster of Trest and with his Azami, Lady of Scrolls deck and hell even Kevin with Brago, King Eternal... A lot of creatures are put into play with these decks. Bouncing a land will break all of their balls and I will take great joy hahaha
I've considered more copy spell trickery, but really having trouble taking anything out without majorly altering what's been built here. I do want to have some uniqueness in it, and in play tests it's been quite powerful already. Red is just splashed so far, so the more red I add the more I have to consider altering land distribution (or being bound to only one red spell or one blue or one black because I don't have enough coloured mana to accommodate). Copying instants and sorceries seems really fun to me, and very versatile and powerful. If these next play tests don't prove strong enough, this will be in my consideration for the next update. :)
I'd like to check your deck out. Got a link?
Thanks brother, any other thoughts you have or continuation on this discussion is appreciated.
2 months ago
I played this deck just recently at my local card shop, and it stood up really well. I played it before I made the recent additions (see update), and I was very happy with how it performed. It was a three-player game, with one deck being my son's Kalemne pre-con deck (he's 7, and he knows the cards in it well), and a really cranked up Momir Vig, Simic Visionary deck that was very, very stacked and very, very tight. I think with the updates, it will be able to hold its own very well.
2 months ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!