Legendary Creature — Human Warrior
Dakkon Blackblade's power and toughness are each equal to the number of lands you control.
Printings View all
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Dakkon Blackblade Discussion
1 month ago
Note: re:Above list. Serra has no creature legendary so it may exclude her.
- Arcanis the Omnipotent
- Bosh, Iron Golem
- Dakkon Blackblade
- Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
- Higure, the Still Wind
- Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
- Jaya Ballard (one creature, 2 walkers)
- Karona, False God
- Kresh the Bloodbraided
- Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
- Maralen of the Mornsong
- Mayael the Anima
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
- Phage the Untouchable
- Raksha Golden Cub
- Reaper King
- Rith, the Awakener
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Sisters of Stone Death
So now figure out which ones are most likely to fit into Tefiri's Past/Lore. Still say Sidar is most likely, But Jaya as another creature card could be possible I suppose.
8 months ago
The ruling for Octopus Umbra says it overwrites all other previous effects determining the enchanted creature’s P/T, but the official text for Dakkon Blackblade doesn’t specifically say “base P/T”, only “P/T”. Does that make a difference?
I’m assuming that it doesn’t and his P/T would be set to 8/8 regardless of the number of lands you control and not essentially just give him +8/+8, but I wanted to double check with someone.
Thanks for your time!
9 months ago
So a bunch of my local group of friends are all wanting to form budget edh decks the budget hasn't been discussed so much yet, but I believe it will be somewhere around $50. Since it is going to be such a casual edh experience I think I want to make Dakkon Blackblade as my commander since he is a character that I love in the the lore of Magic the Gathering.
I'm imagining some sort of Voltron strategy would be best for him, but I'd be up to hear other people's suggestions for the deck and what would work well while being with in the budget with cards that would be reasonably priced at about $2 or preferably less.
Here is some stuff I've found so far.
10 months ago
Thanks for the quick reply ShaperSavant!
- It would be great to have more example decks linked for High Power! Thanks for finding examples so quickly :)
- I understand the broader point you're trying to make, but Dakkon Blackblade offers no synergy to the Esper Naus/Grace plan, which is not true for any of the decks I listed.
- Piggy-backing on the #2, you have many decks that DO synergize with their commanders that are outclassed (i.e. General Tazri or the plethora of other UGx Food Chain commanders. What if someone wants to play a Razaketh, the Foulblooded + Leonin Relic-Warder strat without having to play partners? Ambassador Laquatus is thoroughly outclassed by Urza, Lord High Artificer .
- Two of the 4 decks I referenced (Edgar and Blue Pod) have been updated TODAY!! The Teeg and Laquatus lists you referenced haven't been updated in almost a YEAR. Part of why I keep harping on these decks is that they're well-written primers geared specifically toward cEDH. I don't know very many up-to-date Mid Power decks that fall into that category, or I would be championing them as well ;)
10 months ago
We are not associated with the cEDH Decklist Database and our resulting judgements may differ.
I think key to this particular set of discrepancies is that while building an analogue deck (in "off" colors with a suboptimal commander) to an established cEDH deck is possible, it doesn't reflect the power potentials of the commander itself. Example: Does a Dakkon Blackblade Esper Naus/Grace build that can steal games at fringe Competitive tables mean Dakkon belongs in Competitive? Definitely not.
We will take another look at how the off-color Partners fit into our schema going forward.
10 months ago
It may be best to try to focus on two or three specific colors to make your mana base a little more consistent. RUG are the best colors for dragons so maybe if you could drop some of your greedier-costed White and Black cards, such as Serra the Benevolent , Dakkon Blackblade , Debt to the Deathless , Pox , Settle the Score , Leyline of the Void , Heightened Awareness , and Divine Intervention and replace them with some ramp spells, cheaper dragons, and potentially some anthems, I think you've definitely got more consistency and less dead draws than you did before.
1 year ago
TypicalTimmy - No worries man. The artist is the best person they could've commissioned for the art. He hasn't done any MTG art in 11 years (since Shadowmoor) and he did the art for both Dakkon Blackblade and Korlash, Heir to Blackblade , so the fact that they obviously went out of their way to make this happen (and even thought to) is pretty damn cool.