|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Artifact Creature — Wizard
: Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to its other types. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
: Gain control of target artifact. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
6 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions KongMing! Most of the Untap-effect artifacts I'll be avoiding in the interest of keeping the deck a bit more casual. I run a Winter Orb strategy in my Kaalia's Calamity deck and I think my playgroup would have a collective aneurysm if I introduced another haha.
Originally this was a Memnarch deck that used Freed from the Real with Aphetto Alchemist & Fatespinner as well as Gilded Lotus or Astral Cornucopia , but so far the amount of mana Urza produces is really gratuitous, so even multiple untaps on something like Master Transmuter just seems unnecessary.
Naban, Dean of Iteration is another card I looked at as well, but came to the same conclusion. In a future with more Wizards, perhaps it might merit an include.
1 week ago
In order of importance
Set up the custom categories - It makes improving the deck a ton more efficient
If you are going shenanigans then there's a few good options that youre missing
Master Transmuter - swap a rock out for something huge
Mindslaver - On sen triplets flavour and artifact based
Jester's Mask - Works so well with sen as you can pick a hand of cards to use if youre using that hand, or just dump a hand for only lands
why is Quasiduplicate in?
1 week ago
Hey! Came here from Advertise Your Deck.
I'd highly suggest running the 3 Talismans over the 3 Signets (though you could always run both!). You're not running Vampiric Tutor , which may help you.
Your landbase seems... wonky. No offense to bushido_man96, but I'd suggest the exact opposite: your land count seems fine for a cEDH-esque deck (though I might go to 32), but you're running zero out-of-Esper fetches and I don't know why. I'd highly recommend running all nine playable fetches here (everything except for Wooded Foothills ), over the checklands and Tolaria West .
I would 100% cut Memnarch and Norn's Annex - high-CMC spells like him makes it impractical to play Ad Nauseam without the Angel's Grace as a hyper-draw spell. You don't seem to have much recursion outside of Yawg Will, and I'd work on that too. Finally, the lack of Toxic Deluge surprises me.
2 months ago
This seems like the makings of a fun deck! It has a lot going on... I'm not convinced so many strategies can be supported (tho I'm fine being wrong if you think you can pull it off). My #1 suggestion would be to dump one or more strategies to strengthen the others. Roughly in order:
- Mill. IMO this is the weakest/least supported. Recommend cutting these cards (especially since you're not playing any wheel effects).
- Card draw. Already strong, but with this commander I'd go for even more. Surprised not to see any of the X draw spells like Pull from Tomorrow . Another idea is replacing counter/unsummon effects with cantrip versions like Exclude or Drag Under .
As for mana, do you own a Caged Sun or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ? Both are clutch in mono-color decks. Last, since you're playing artifacts, suggest replacing some of the high CMC beaters like Inkwell Leviathan with things you can cheat out like Metalwork Colossus .
2 months ago
I've been moving around to deck after deck, but I always seem to come back to Azorius.
Now I love control, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to try something new with this iteration. So, I decided artifacts!
This build is mainly based around ramping with artifacts, using artifact synergies to get big battle-cruiser artifacts out, and steal out opponents things with cards such as Memnarch and Mind's Dilation .
I'd love some more budget (no more than 10$ cards) options for the deck. I'd like to make this a strong 75% deck if I could over time.
2 months ago
Hey, looks good, nice upgrade so far of the precon :)
$50 upgrade to consider (the main theme of these upgrades are cards that give you repeatable value)
- Tezzeret the Seeker : repeatable artifact untap, tutor/put artifact you search for onto the battlefield and can be a win condition with artifacts. Tezz is the most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but he really does it all for artifact strategies.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant : repeatable draw/graveyard enabler/artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Inventors' Fair : artifact tutor and life gain.
- Spire of Industry : rainbow land with an artifact or can make colorless mana.
- Great Furnace : red artifact land.
- Shivan Reef : Izzet Pain land, ETB untapped.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling or can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster : repeatable artifact tutor, sac Thopters/Servos to tutor for and put onto the battlefield an artifact.
- Sai, Master Thopterist : great repeatable value when casting artifacts, more draw with Thopters/Servos.
- Shimmer Myr : cast artifacts at instant speed, great with Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Goblin Welder : instant speed repeatable artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Treasure Mage : lots of good six or more CMC artifacts to tutor for.
- Memnarch : mana sink, turn your opponents permanents into artifacts and steal them.
- Bosh, Iron Golem : mana sink, sac artifacts you control to do damage to your opponents.
- Metalwork Colossus : good with Bosh since it can be recurred.
- Spine of Ish Sah : permanent removal, good with Bosh since when it dies it goes back to your hand.
- Nevinyrral's Disk : repeatable mass removal that's good with Planeswalkers since it doesn't kill them, can be reanimated or recurred since it's an artifact.
- Sharding Sphinx : army in a can with Thopters/Servos.
- Silver Myr
- Iron Myr
- Basalt Monolith : good with Tezzeret and Unwinding Clock.
- Hedron Archive : same as Monolith, but also sac to draw.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of no mana cost repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Brainstorm : instant draw three for one mana.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
3 months ago
Memnarch occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%