|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Artifact Creature — Wizard
: Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to its other types. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
: Gain control of target artifact. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||mcstang1986 , MyTotoro , AlucardZain , kaboomeow , Pro_Noob , scare983 , Forkbeard , itheoryz , beatdown36 , acbooster , davir , angesoir , , Pumpkinking913 , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Vergil_Redgrail , mziter501 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , GoldGhost012 , Diamonddragon2002 , ACCG , abby315 , Wolfebladeelite , , Justinaut , snackeater|
|Want (13)||Typpaostur , Linx1550 , ElisabethJoan , swarlelion , afeuling , kovellen , SpaghettiToastBook , kvfd1719 , , xpsychovampx , bbtancakes , fireborne1986 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES|
cave on Myr Mastery
2 days ago
hi, thx for the comment Jericho_Cross
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas is with 23 USD not budget. is also not though the attack would scale well
- Memnarch of course nice, though is also not fitting in the deck right now. 5$ it's also scratching the budget goal. though i do not understand why the lord or maker of all myrs is blue.
- Mycosynth Lattice - looks like a good combo with memnarch 17$ looks like i do not want to play against your deck with memnarch:)
- Coat of Arms - is nice. i guess it's op in a dual-tribe multiplayer situation. i have it already on my screen and evaluate it. 5$
2 weeks ago
That is fair, I just didn't want anyone to misunderstand Tier 1 lists.
I hear people say really weird things about the upper echelons of competitive EDH, and I have heard things like "They win turn 6! Way too fast!", and think to myself that they didn't understand what fast meant. Turn 3-4 wins are regular, but when stax or control win, they can be turn 10+ wins.
Other's say things like, turn 0 wins with flash-hulk, which is technically not impossible, but the best lists can't do that because they aren't attempting to win that fast, the combos that do that take up way too much space in the deck.
Also, I hear things that make me squirm. When someone says a deck is in a tier very different than it is, I get confused. Memnarch is tier 1! Godo, Bandit Warlord is tier 1 now that Helm of the Host is a 1 card combo with it!
For instance in this deck's description, it says T1, which I assume means tier 1, which is off, it is tier 2. This is because of the change to mulligans, the deck gets Narset, Enlightened Master out a turn or two slower than it did before. This makes a lot of decks worse, but decks that need to get the best hand got hit a lot harder than some stax decks that were fine either way.
3 weeks ago
Please note that this isn't a strategy that I'm overly familiar with so these may not be the best options.
3 weeks ago
I can't help but think Memnarch would have fun in this deck, especially if you follow the earlier suggestion of Training Grounds. Two mana to steal any artifact, four to steal any non-artifact (assuming Training Grounds is in). Andyou may not be a fan of counterspells but, at the very least, Spelljack and Desertion do fit the theme.
1 month ago
1 month ago
If you want a in theme wincon to go with that Memnarch and gain control of all the things!
1 month ago
I have one really big problem with this deck! Where's Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker? If you are going for control or turning people against them nothing says that better than him! "Oh you played a Ulamog, that's cute. Now I played YOUR Ulamog! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
So I understand your theme, but I think you are going a little heavy on the theme and a little light on the execution. You have all these super expensive creatures with no way to cheat them out and not enough ramp in the deck.
Also just some card cuts I'd suggest:
- Thraximundar: Great commander, otherwise it's just too expensive
- Quicksilver Gargantuan: Just play Phyrexian Metamorph it's much cheaper and copies anything
- Prince Of Thralls: People will always pay the 3 life for any creature that is actually worth you bringing back
- Blood Tyrant: Too expensive
- Diluvian Primordial: I get it... But your assuming you're going to have a good target with this.
- Dragon Tempest: you don't have enough dragons to get value out of this
- In Garruk's Wake: Great card, too expensive, just run Damnation
Some card suggestions:
- Bribery: Just a better version of Primordial
- Disciple of Bolas: oh the flavor! Besides flavor, this is a solid card in your deck
- Wheel of Fortune: This is gonna be a much better card than Windfall because if you have no hand you still draw seven! Plus this can help you put a creature in the grave to Scarab God into play
- God-Pharoah's Gift: if you decide to play with all these high casting cost creatures the best way to cheat them out is grave recursion, and this is a free Reanimation every turn
- Liliana of the Veil: If you are going to play discard she is the best.
- Memnarch+Liquimetal Coating: Great combo and it would let you steal any permanent you wanted.
- Leyline of Anticipation/Vedalken Orrery: Since you are playing control, meaning you are holding up mana for turns on end, you should always be able to respond with any kind of answer including permanents not just counters
- MORE REMOVAL, LESS COUNTERS: what about the one time you tap out and you can't counter something? You need cards to deal with threats. Ex: Hero's Downfall, Vraska's Contempt, Doomblade
- MORE TUTORS!: You can't be a schemer(insert joker meme) without ways to make your schemes unfold when you want them too!
Just a few cards for ramp: