|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Lore (V16)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Artifact Creature — Wizard
: Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to its other types. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
: Gain control of target artifact. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
4 days ago
This seems like the makings of a fun deck! It has a lot going on... I'm not convinced so many strategies can be supported (tho I'm fine being wrong if you think you can pull it off). My #1 suggestion would be to dump one or more strategies to strengthen the others. Roughly in order:
- Mill. IMO this is the weakest/least supported. Recommend cutting these cards (especially since you're not playing any wheel effects).
- Card draw. Already strong, but with this commander I'd go for even more. Surprised not to see any of the X draw spells like Pull from Tomorrow . Another idea is replacing counter/unsummon effects with cantrip versions like Exclude or Drag Under .
As for mana, do you own a Caged Sun or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx ? Both are clutch in mono-color decks. Last, since you're playing artifacts, suggest replacing some of the high CMC beaters like Inkwell Leviathan with things you can cheat out like Metalwork Colossus .
1 week ago
I've been moving around to deck after deck, but I always seem to come back to Azorius.
Now I love control, don't get me wrong, but I wanted to try something new with this iteration. So, I decided artifacts!
This build is mainly based around ramping with artifacts, using artifact synergies to get big battle-cruiser artifacts out, and steal out opponents things with cards such as Memnarch and Mind's Dilation .
I'd love some more budget (no more than 10$ cards) options for the deck. I'd like to make this a strong 75% deck if I could over time.
2 weeks ago
Hey, looks good, nice upgrade so far of the precon :)
$50 upgrade to consider (the main theme of these upgrades are cards that give you repeatable value)
- Tezzeret the Seeker : repeatable artifact untap, tutor/put artifact you search for onto the battlefield and can be a win condition with artifacts. Tezz is the most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but he really does it all for artifact strategies.
- Daretti, Scrap Savant : repeatable draw/graveyard enabler/artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Inventors' Fair : artifact tutor and life gain.
- Spire of Industry : rainbow land with an artifact or can make colorless mana.
- Great Furnace : red artifact land.
- Shivan Reef : Izzet Pain land, ETB untapped.
- Ash Barrens : basic landcycling or can ETB untapped to make colorless mana.
- Kuldotha Forgemaster : repeatable artifact tutor, sac Thopters/Servos to tutor for and put onto the battlefield an artifact.
- Sai, Master Thopterist : great repeatable value when casting artifacts, more draw with Thopters/Servos.
- Shimmer Myr : cast artifacts at instant speed, great with Unwinding Clock.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : protect artifacts from targeted removal and can be repeatable draw.
- Goblin Welder : instant speed repeatable artifact reanimation, sac a Thopter/Servo to reanimate an artifact.
- Treasure Mage : lots of good six or more CMC artifacts to tutor for.
- Memnarch : mana sink, turn your opponents permanents into artifacts and steal them.
- Bosh, Iron Golem : mana sink, sac artifacts you control to do damage to your opponents.
- Metalwork Colossus : good with Bosh since it can be recurred.
- Spine of Ish Sah : permanent removal, good with Bosh since when it dies it goes back to your hand.
- Nevinyrral's Disk : repeatable mass removal that's good with Planeswalkers since it doesn't kill them, can be reanimated or recurred since it's an artifact.
- Sharding Sphinx : army in a can with Thopters/Servos.
- Silver Myr
- Iron Myr
- Basalt Monolith : good with Tezzeret and Unwinding Clock.
- Hedron Archive : same as Monolith, but also sac to draw.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best sources of no mana cost repeatable draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Brainstorm : instant draw three for one mana.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Maybe with Darksteel Forge in the deck you could use Memnarch to make the creatures you steal into artifacts or just steal your opponents artifacts from them. With this you may also want Mycosynth Lattice
1 month ago
Mirrodin was actually created by Karn - it is an artificial plane. However, he always carried a bit of phyrexian oil with him that corrupted many on Mirrodin - Glissa Sunseeker was one of the custodians of the plane, but she became Glissa, the Traitor . Memnarch was the original custodian, but the oil drove him mad.
The oil worked best on Mirrodin, because it was artificial - flesh and Phyresis do not mix well. It is entirely possible that other planes may have been infected, but the unique characteristics of Mirrodin place it the most likely for the oil to live long and prosper.^^_^^
1 month ago
Diggles4 I often only deploy that combo once the coast is clear and I'm in clear control of the game. However, if my opponent answer it with a Krosan Grip I can always find another way to win. There's multiple other win conditions other than Isochron Scepter:
Memnarch occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%