|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Higure, the Still Wind
Legendary Creature — Human Ninja
Ninjutsu (2)(Blue)(Blue) ((2)(Blue)(Blue), Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Higure deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a Ninja card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
(2): Target Ninja creature is unblockable this turn.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Higure, the Still Wind Discussion
1 week ago
I've had a lot of experience running ninjas. More than 20 lands runs a huge risk of mana flooding. Back when ninjas were first around I ran a mono blue build with Higure, the Still Wind and even with him nabbing me ninjas I still ran into chunks of land.
Azra Smokeshaper was put in for it's defensive capabilities along with the fact that it only takes 2 mana to jutsu it in. Swinging at an opponent can easily go sideways, this allows me to circumvent combat tricks with one of my own
Night's Whisper seemed a decent choice as it's 2 cards for one and only requires 1B.
Negate I'll admit was a weak choice, in all honesty I was burnt out and couldn't decide on anything, so I threw it in as a kind of place holder
1 week ago
Yeah, so I'm thinking with Higure, the Still Wind and all the card draw you have, you might be better running a small toolbox of 1-of ninjas for Higure to fetch out as the situation calls for them. I mean, you don't need Throat Slitter in every match, so 1-of might be appropriate with all the fetch and draw, as would Mistblade Shinobi and Shapesharer .
I know one of the staples of Modern Ninjas were Spellstutter Sprite , Snapcaster Mage and Faerie Miscreant with their powerful etb abilities. Of those, I could see Spellstutter Sprite having nice synergy in a deck like this, as most of your cards are both faeries and ninja.
4 weeks ago
First of all, this isn't a Dimir deck. Dimir represents more than a combination of colours.
Thirdly (on to the actual stuff you're interested in), if you're looking for inspiration you could take a look at my Ninja EDH (though I still need to update the list with Modern Horizons cards): A song without music....
Notable cards from it I find very useful include:
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury doesn't have an evasive ability, but his deathtouch might work just as well to get him through either way. In addition, you can also use it defensively, and he brings a very interesting ability when he comes into play, which is not limited by how many times you bring him back (you can cast the cards exiled with him for as long as they remain exiled, so you're free to bounce him in the meantime).
- Neurok Invisimancer gets one of your ninjas through for free and then acts as a carrier, after which you can use it again. Cheap, does what your deck needs.
- Higure, the Still Wind is about the only ninja lord out there. I don't think I need to explain how useful he can be to the deck.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir gives your creatures flash, which alleviates the cost of returning the creatures on your board to your hand and allows you to maintain some form of defense. It also prevents opponents from messing with your ninjas during combat.
- I find Thalakos Seer about the best ninja carrier in the game. About as cheap as they come, practically unblockable and gives you a card when he jumps back into your hand. One of the most satisfying early drops.
- Illusionist's Gambit is in my opinion one of the strongest blue defensive cards (especially in multiplayer). Considering how hyper-aggressive Ninjas are by design, I usually find it very useful to keep 4 mana open for this to deflect a potential counterattack.
- Memory Plunder remains my favourite EDH card of all time. It gives you access to cards you'd never be able or want to run in your list, and may also serve very well to shrug off some of the counteraggression that's going to be coming your way.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
1 month ago
I haven't thought about that (but it sounds like an interesting idea!), but I have thought about the difficulty of playing Master of Cruelties . Usually you can get the kill at the earliest turn 6, that's a lot of time for things to go wrong.
Putting in more Alesha's and discard/mill cards would mean having to put in a lot of cards just to get Master out quicker. Not sure what to remove, but do you have any idea on what kind of cards to add for that to work?
I'm very excited about the upcoming Ninjas! I'm thinking of swapping out one or more Ninja of the Deep Hours for Ingenious Infiltrator . Mist-Syndicate Naga sounds a bit slow but I'd like to test it out, might be great with Higure, the Still Wind .
2 months ago
Hey, really well made Commander deck, but it's only 94 cards :)
Thalakos Seer is quite good with Ninjutsu, getting value with Yuriko. Ninja of the Deep Hours , Higure, the Still Wind and Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni are good Ninjas, worth playing with Yuriko. Higure is great with Arcane Adaptation because then it can tutor for any creature in your library since all creatures are considered Ninjas.
All the low mana cost unblockable creatures and flying creatures are good to get a fast Yuriko onto the battlefield. Unblockable: Slither Blade , Triton Shorestalker , Mist-Cloaked Herald , Gudul Lurker , Dimir Infiltrator , Tormented Soul . Flying: Mausoleum Wanderer , Pteramander , Jace's Phantasm . Thada Adel, Acquisitor has a good ability for multiplayer Commander since most opponents decks have artifacts. Fabricate or Trinket Mage are worth playing just to tutor for Top. Good luck with your deck.
9 months ago
For bonus points I used: Sun Quan, Lord of Wu - best way is to finish them off with fish riding horses
Back from the Brink - this is the only? way to get creatures back in mono U
Artificial Evolution - you can change Swarmyard to regen Merfolks, Wizards etc.
9 months ago
Conspiracy > Xenograft because Higure, the Still Wind. I would happily pay a colored mana in order to search up any critter. In a 2 color deck the color requirement is negligible imho.
Higure, the Still Wind occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%