Higure, the Still Wind
Legendary Creature — Human Ninja
Ninjutsu (2)(Blue)(Blue) ((2)(Blue)(Blue), Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Higure deals combat damage to a player, you may search your library for a Ninja card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.
(2): Target Ninja creature is unblockable this turn.
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|Betrayers of Kamigawa (BOK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Higure, the Still Wind occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Higure, the Still Wind Discussion
2 weeks ago
I would add a set of unblockable blue one-drops like Slither Blade to make sure that you can ninjustu early. If you've got the cash, other good ninjas include Higure, the Still Wind , Ninja of the Deep Hours , and Throat Slitter . I would also think you'd want some removal in there somewhere.
1 month ago
(Cipher) can go well in combat oriented decks
more ninjas! Higure, the Still Wind
2 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
6 months ago
I've had a lot of experience running ninjas. More than 20 lands runs a huge risk of mana flooding. Back when ninjas were first around I ran a mono blue build with Higure, the Still Wind and even with him nabbing me ninjas I still ran into chunks of land.
Azra Smokeshaper was put in for it's defensive capabilities along with the fact that it only takes 2 mana to jutsu it in. Swinging at an opponent can easily go sideways, this allows me to circumvent combat tricks with one of my own
Night's Whisper seemed a decent choice as it's 2 cards for one and only requires 1B.
Negate I'll admit was a weak choice, in all honesty I was burnt out and couldn't decide on anything, so I threw it in as a kind of place holder
6 months ago
Yeah, so I'm thinking with Higure, the Still Wind and all the card draw you have, you might be better running a small toolbox of 1-of ninjas for Higure to fetch out as the situation calls for them. I mean, you don't need Throat Slitter in every match, so 1-of might be appropriate with all the fetch and draw, as would Mistblade Shinobi and Shapesharer .
I know one of the staples of Modern Ninjas were Spellstutter Sprite , Snapcaster Mage and Faerie Miscreant with their powerful etb abilities. Of those, I could see Spellstutter Sprite having nice synergy in a deck like this, as most of your cards are both faeries and ninja.
6 months ago
First of all, this isn't a Dimir deck. Dimir represents more than a combination of colours.
Thirdly (on to the actual stuff you're interested in), if you're looking for inspiration you could take a look at my Ninja EDH (though I still need to update the list with Modern Horizons cards): A song without music....
Notable cards from it I find very useful include:
- Gonti, Lord of Luxury doesn't have an evasive ability, but his deathtouch might work just as well to get him through either way. In addition, you can also use it defensively, and he brings a very interesting ability when he comes into play, which is not limited by how many times you bring him back (you can cast the cards exiled with him for as long as they remain exiled, so you're free to bounce him in the meantime).
- Neurok Invisimancer gets one of your ninjas through for free and then acts as a carrier, after which you can use it again. Cheap, does what your deck needs.
- Higure, the Still Wind is about the only ninja lord out there. I don't think I need to explain how useful he can be to the deck.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir gives your creatures flash, which alleviates the cost of returning the creatures on your board to your hand and allows you to maintain some form of defense. It also prevents opponents from messing with your ninjas during combat.
- I find Thalakos Seer about the best ninja carrier in the game. About as cheap as they come, practically unblockable and gives you a card when he jumps back into your hand. One of the most satisfying early drops.
- Illusionist's Gambit is in my opinion one of the strongest blue defensive cards (especially in multiplayer). Considering how hyper-aggressive Ninjas are by design, I usually find it very useful to keep 4 mana open for this to deflect a potential counterattack.
- Memory Plunder remains my favourite EDH card of all time. It gives you access to cards you'd never be able or want to run in your list, and may also serve very well to shrug off some of the counteraggression that's going to be coming your way.
Hope this helps!
7 months ago
7 months ago
I haven't thought about that (but it sounds like an interesting idea!), but I have thought about the difficulty of playing Master of Cruelties . Usually you can get the kill at the earliest turn 6, that's a lot of time for things to go wrong.
Putting in more Alesha's and discard/mill cards would mean having to put in a lot of cards just to get Master out quicker. Not sure what to remove, but do you have any idea on what kind of cards to add for that to work?
I'm very excited about the upcoming Ninjas! I'm thinking of swapping out one or more Ninja of the Deep Hours for Ingenious Infiltrator . Mist-Syndicate Naga sounds a bit slow but I'd like to test it out, might be great with Higure, the Still Wind .