Legendary Creature — Cat Warrior
: Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of attacking creatures
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Tiddilywinkus , sonnet666 , Forkbeard , LoneCrusader399 , HR19 , zachi , miracle , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , hardhitta71194 , brokendwarf , rockleemyhero|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , pskinn01|
Jazal Goldmane Discussion
2 weeks ago
I'd probably start by deciding which theme you want to pursue the most.
If you go more lifegain, increase copies of Ajani's Pridemate, Healer of the Pride, Felidar Sovereign, and Ajani's Mantra. Also consider Kemba's Skyguard, Pride Guardian, Sunbond, and Archangel of Thune.
2 weeks ago
why Mirri, Cat Warrior? or your infect cat? wouldnt it be better to use balan, wandering knight over either of these 2? you can add in an infect equipment if you really want to keep infect (i personally hate it in edh, i think its cowardly, but thats why im trying to be unbiased). You can always equip the infect equipment to another creature if needed too. also with 24 creatures, Jazal Goldmane might be a good finisher
1 month ago
Looking back on previous comments, I realize I've made the mistake of not actually including early game warriors, which is a crying shame, as it's likely the best strategy with such a poorly supported tribe (poorly supported in these colors).
So here GemKnightDante, is a long list of creatures that cost 4 or less (one exception), that would fit quite well in a warrior themed deck. Unfortunately, the way warriors work, you'll likely be going heavy into boros, and splashing green, but I'll try my best.
- Earthshaker Khenra
- Rhonas's Stalwart
- Dragon Hunter
- Devoted Crop-Mate
- Resolute Survivors
- Honored Crop-Captain
- Heir of the Wilds
- Hidden Dragonslayer
- Kargan Dragonlord
- Voltaic Brawler
- Boggart Ram-Gang
- Markov Blademaster
- Solemn Recruit
- Goblin Razerunners
- Hunted Troll
- Jazal Goldmane
- Rubblebelt Raiders
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Tah-Crop Elite
- Neheb, the Eternal
Exert Creatures: Missed quite a lot of these on my first search, which is why I was so biased against them at first, but now I realize there's an Exert lord! Throw as many as you can in, they're a great subtheme for the deck. Also include Ahn-Crop Champion here.
Any creature that grows bigger: Just what the deck needs, as I mentioned in my first post. These cards are cheap in the early game, and only get stronger as the game goes on. Lord of Shatterskull Pass is an honourable mention, as he can wipe boards clean for your warriors late game.
Voltaic Brawler: An un-assuming enough creature. Doesn't really scale, but he can brawl with the best in the early game. As with any good warrior, he's efficiently statted, and costed. His energy ability makes him a beast against superfriends, as he'll kill any early game 'walkers before they can get going.
Dragon Hunter was a strange ommission from the first draft considering you said you were facing a dragon deck. Throw him in and he'll block the big nasties for you all day.
Neheb, the Eternal: The minotaur, the myth, the legend. This card is leading my current favorite edh deck, and so I'll vouch that this will easily pay for itself in a very short amount of time.
Hunted Troll: But this card gives my opponents blockers! Yes, but not all of them, and it's an 8/4 with Regenerate. Other than being a fantastic creature, this guy doesn't do much, but isn't being an 8/4 warrior with regenerate enough?
Anyways, the goal of this 3rd (and hopefully last) list was to give you some early game cards so you could drop your cuerve down a bit. Cards like Furystoke Giant, and Gisela, Blade of Goldnight only get better the more creatures you can field after all.
1 month ago
Have you considered any of these cards Earthshaker Khenra, Glory-Bound Initiate, Hidden Dragonslayer, Tymaret, the Murder King, Alesha, Who Smiles at Death, Archetype of Aggression, Blood-Chin Fanatic, Combat Celebrant, and Jazal Goldmane?
1 month ago
I'm not sure how Heartstone would help because it doesn't work with Arahbo, so you'd only have two or three kittens who would benefit. Arahbo's ability is triggered, not activated. That would mean it would only work with Temur Sabertooth, Fleecemane Lion and Jazal Goldmane.
2 months ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.