|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
Legendary Creature — Snake Warrior
Other Snake creatures you control get +1/+0.
Whenever a Warrior you control deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sosuke, Son of Seshiro Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
Sosuke, Son of Seshiro Snake warrior tribal.
Mono green, but very strong.
2 months ago
I was unable to find a tribe in your deck. There are some token generators, but few enough that a tribal card would be a dead draw most of the time. For those reasons, I'd recommend removing these:
A lot of the utility of the deck comes from being able to massacre your tokens in the name of -1/-1 counters (e.g. Blowfly Infestation and any of Flourishing Defenses, Nest of Scarabs, or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons herself. Add Blood Artist (or similar) and it's an infinite wincon). Any creature with 2+ toughness will not be killable from a single counter, so anything that buffs toughness without a major benefit just weakens the deck. For those reasons, I'd recommend cutting these:Skullclamp.
Various other cuttables:
- Spread the Sickness - sorcery speed kill is pretty "meh".
- Shambling Swarm - the counters go away at end of turn, and it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on anyway), and he has 3 devotion.
- Soulstinger - similar to Shambling Swarm, it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on). Also, you're getting a weak creature in the hopes of doing something useful with it - better to just get a good creature in the first place.
- Decimator Beetle - moves one counter, once per turn, and it has to attack to trigger.
- Essence Warden - the lifegain doesn't get you anything
- Fume Spitter - insufficient recursion to really get a benefit from him
- Wicker Warcrawler - why include a creature that just gets worse?
- Tower Above - i'm on the fence on this one. The CMC is a bit high, but the benefits could be large.
- Needle Specter - Also on the fence. I like it more than the spell though.
- Rendclaw Trow - a 2/2 with wither and nothing else. 2 damage will just be ignored on attack until he dies in a wipe, or manages to block and get you (at best) 3 tokens.
You need to have a minimum of 37 lands. You're also playing , the color whose greatest strength is the massive ramp it can accomplish. If you swap all the cards noted for lands and acceleration, i would expect the deck to play significantly better. Also, don't use rocks for the ramp, unless land-wipe is common in your meta. It's easy and common for artifacts to die, but (usually) much harder to kill a land. I'd recommend the standard ramp:
- Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Kodama's Reach
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
5 months ago
6 months ago
Looking back on previous comments, I realize I've made the mistake of not actually including early game warriors, which is a crying shame, as it's likely the best strategy with such a poorly supported tribe (poorly supported in these colors).
So here GemKnightDante, is a long list of creatures that cost 4 or less (one exception), that would fit quite well in a warrior themed deck. Unfortunately, the way warriors work, you'll likely be going heavy into boros, and splashing green, but I'll try my best.
- Earthshaker Khenra
- Rhonas's Stalwart
- Dragon Hunter
- Devoted Crop-Mate
- Resolute Survivors
- Honored Crop-Captain
- Heir of the Wilds
- Hidden Dragonslayer
- Kargan Dragonlord
- Voltaic Brawler
- Boggart Ram-Gang
- Markov Blademaster
- Solemn Recruit
- Goblin Razerunners
- Hunted Troll
- Jazal Goldmane
- Rubblebelt Raiders
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Tah-Crop Elite
- Neheb, the Eternal
Exert Creatures: Missed quite a lot of these on my first search, which is why I was so biased against them at first, but now I realize there's an Exert lord! Throw as many as you can in, they're a great subtheme for the deck. Also include Ahn-Crop Champion here.
Any creature that grows bigger: Just what the deck needs, as I mentioned in my first post. These cards are cheap in the early game, and only get stronger as the game goes on. Lord of Shatterskull Pass is an honourable mention, as he can wipe boards clean for your warriors late game.
Voltaic Brawler: An un-assuming enough creature. Doesn't really scale, but he can brawl with the best in the early game. As with any good warrior, he's efficiently statted, and costed. His energy ability makes him a beast against superfriends, as he'll kill any early game 'walkers before they can get going.
Dragon Hunter was a strange ommission from the first draft considering you said you were facing a dragon deck. Throw him in and he'll block the big nasties for you all day.
Neheb, the Eternal: The minotaur, the myth, the legend. This card is leading my current favorite edh deck, and so I'll vouch that this will easily pay for itself in a very short amount of time.
Hunted Troll: But this card gives my opponents blockers! Yes, but not all of them, and it's an 8/4 with Regenerate. Other than being a fantastic creature, this guy doesn't do much, but isn't being an 8/4 warrior with regenerate enough?
Anyways, the goal of this 3rd (and hopefully last) list was to give you some early game cards so you could drop your cuerve down a bit. Cards like Furystoke Giant, and Gisela, Blade of Goldnight only get better the more creatures you can field after all.
8 months ago
Dat's definetly not your usual go to snake deck.
You should probably update the mana base too
Great deck, I like it.
9 months ago
-1/-1 Counter Ideas:
- Blight Mamba (Snek!)
- Blight Sickle
- Cinderhaze Wretch (Combos with Melira)
- Core Prowler
- Deity of Scars
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Grim Poppet (so good)
- Harbinger of Night (also amazing)
- Incremental Blight
- Lockjaw Snapper
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast (Must have!!!!)
- Phyrexian Hydra
- Rendclaw Trow
- Ruthless Sniper (if going in the Archfiend of Ifnir/Cycling direction...)
- Serrated Arrows
- Serrated Biskelion
- Shambling Swarm
- Stinging Shot (Good with Archfiend...)
- Viridian Corrupter
- Garruk Wildspeaker
Random Good Stuff:
- Coat of Arms (Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAAKE!!!!)
- Patron of the Orochi (...)
- Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Shisato, Whispering Hunter
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Withering Boon