|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
Legendary Creature — Praetor
At the beginning of your end step, draw seven cards.
Each opponent's maximum hand size is reduced by seven.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||warcry02 , switchkill65 , knto , Nemesis , VGJustice , ironax , Clawsun73 , jamesesdad , Pelli , Shiromakuro , , killstars , lolpatrol , Archegos , Spinalripper , duff87 , DaZlInG , Fairseas , Metaphisyk , Sparky41 , itheoryz , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , miracle , Daddy1ong1egs13 , Dimarx , ExaByteOctopus|
|Want (27)||vincentgalbo , buildingadeck , Gryffix , xpsychovampx , Slatibartfast , MouseyWolf , cainanunes , THP88 , Malachy_ , Clawsun73 , SerenityTheFool , Niroh , joschang01 , CryAll , ASCLEPIUS , MasterBaty , Typpaostur , linejumpr , Donktor_Jcon , BringerOfStorms , jp262 , Chill_Casual , afeuling , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , djb5075 , Beagleofevil , TheFanatic|
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur Discussion
6 hours ago
On another note, I really like the list here, the extra turn thing surprised me, but if it works, it works! I'll toss you a +1 for the unique take!
Spellseeker didn't make your cut? I saw it in the maybeboard, but since I didn't see you run it, I assume you have some reasons for that, I'd love to hear them!
Other than that, I see you don't run Laboratory Maniac (but have it in the sideboard), yet run Tainted Pact in the main deck, I know it works as a tutor, but you know, Laboratory Maniac + Tainted Pact/Demonic Consultation is a lot of fun. I see you run Entomb to dig out Kozilek, Butcher of Truth to reshuffle your yard in, which is clever, but running a reanimation package with Reanimate/Animate Dead/Buried Alive might not be the worst idea, considering how well I have found Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur to be with the discard synergies you run.
2 days ago
I played only control decks for like a year and was not disappointed. Now I've switched to play alot of Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest to target that one guy that always brings their competetive deck to the casual table.
Don't be that guy.
4 days ago
I know you went budget, but I'd consider:
- Baral, Chief of Compliance for more cheap stuff (I know it's pricy, but maybe when it rotates out).
- Time Stop it's super flavorful and sometimes could mean "take an extra turn after this one"(it's much cheaper than it says).
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur is the flashy oh crap where's my hand buddy. He really is.
- Future Sight/Magus of the Future are both pretty interesting.
- Expropriate/Blatant Thievery because they're the steal spells (but where's my money at?).
- Chasm Skulker like wtf, when it drops you drop Rich's mom's cheesecake too.
- Ixidron just maybe, since your creatures are already 2/2, but they'd lose flying :/
- Inkwell Leviathan is a good hard-to-remove beater.
- Sphinx of Uthuun also filters and everything. No need for 2/2 when you got 5/6 fat butt lying around, amirite? Kinda.
- Niblis of Frost/Quiet Contemplation for when Tidespout Tyrant gets exiled.
- Swarm Intelligence because double spell means double fun.
- Sapphire Medallion with the Charlie Brown misprint :P
- Trail of Evidence because it's a damn cool art.
- Gravitational Shift to punch hard and feel less pain. Plus Emrakul doing a barrel roll with a lil' drakeling on the art so it's 100% legit and 100.5% flavour.
I know probably 17,5/4 of the cards of this list are not already in for a reason, but i didn't have un cazzo da fare for 20 minutes, so there you have it, I guess.
4 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 week ago
Meine gestrigen Änderungen nach deinem ersten Kommentar waren:
Sphinx-Bone Wand finde ich zwar recht stark, aber halt auch echt teuer. Turn 7 und 8 spiel ich das Ding quasi ohne sofortigen Impact. Ich setz es mal ins Maybeboard und behalte es auf dem Schirm. Danke jedenfalls!
1 week ago
Entweder 3 Inseln oder 2 Inseln und ein Cycle Land rausnehmen.
Mystic Remora würd ich auf jeden Fall reinnehmen. Eine meiner Lieblingskarten für Decks mit vielen Instants und Sorcerys ist Sphinx-Bone Wand, damit kann man Kreaturen abschießen oder auch den Gegner pingen, während man seine Zauber countert ^^
Stasis würde ich nicht mit reinnehmen, dafür fehlt dir die Synergie, die du vorher hattest.
Schwierig wird es nur, was man für den Sphinx-Bone Wand rausnehmen könnte, falls du den denn auch spielen willst :)
1 week ago
Danke für deine umfangreiche Einschätzung!
- Einfach mal drei Inseln streichen? Was würdest du als erstes anstelle der Länder reinnehmen? Meine Favoriten (auch unter Berücksichtigung deiner 4. Anmerkung: Mystic Remora, Telepathy und Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. Oder doch Stasis? Was meinst du?
- Guter Hinweis! Ich hab Mana Leak mal durch Disallow ersetzt. Supreme Will hingegen wird bei EDHREC als Signature Card für 50% der Decks geführt - scheint also durchaus einen berechtigen Platz zu haben. Vermutlich durch die Vielseitigkeit. Bleibt wohl erst mal drin.
- Hervorragend! Genau für solche Hinweise hab ich dich eingekauft! ;-) Pull from the Deep ist ja einfach mal strictly better, wenn Talrand im Spiel ist.
- Mal schauen ob ich heraus bekomme wie ich die Edition einstelle :-D
- Danke! Ich denke, dass ich noch eine Woche oder so warte und dann den Rest bestelle. Wenn du was hast, das du loswerden willst, gib mir einfach kurz vorher Bescheid :)
1 week ago
I run a Mimeoplasm deck too, and i really suggest you to put Necromancy and Dance of the Dead in the list instead of Beacon of Unrest to reanimate faster. Sylvan Library is a must in a green deck since you're playing a multiplayer format as well as Worldly Tutor and Vampiric Tutor.
Land recursion could be a great addition too with cards like Ramunap Excavator and Wasteland, because only Strip Mine is not enough sometimes. You might also consider putting Necrotic Ooze with his combo into the deck, or try to make more room for some big guys such as Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur wich helps you a lot against slower matchups.
If you want some suggestions take a look at my Mimeoplasm List: