|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs Cursed (DDQ)||Mythic Rare|
|Innistrad (ISD)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Geist of Saint Traft
Legendary Creature — Spirit Cleric
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Whenever Geist of Saint Traft attacks, put a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Exile that token at the end of combat.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||Paradise_Collectibles , TheGrayMerchant , Sparky41 , NCN946 , miracle , MoJoMiXuP , , Vasbear1 , Wolfebladeelite , HydraOoze , Forkbeard , cklise , bradyofportdetroit , robbnoble , Faceless_Being , Zomgasa , Dr_Jay , pokemate0 , TehDelta , thetechzombie|
|Want (4)||, philktoken8998 , mlouden03 , firemind12|
Geist of Saint Traft Discussion
1 week ago
-Birds of Paradise is legal in the Brew-Off. It's the best mana dork, no contest. I don't like Arbor Elf that much, as he's not always active. Given your wealth of mana dorks, Gavony Township might give you extra late game.
-Lingering Souls with your self mill is great. It stalls aggresssive decks and gives midrange decks fits. Control can deal with it a bit easier, but it's still card advantage. Did I mention those Gavony Townships?
-Sever the Bloodline is okay, but I'm not sure you want to be wasting a removal slot for it. That's just something that will be borne out in testing, and it's great at answering a lot of popular threats. Abrupt Decay, Putrefy, Hero's Downfall, Devour Flesh... so many options.
-If you need a discard outlet, instead of going for the rickety 4C plan, you could play Liliana of the Veil. She lets you bin cards, gains card advantage with the help of flashback spells, and stops Geist of Saint Traft/Thrun, the Last Troll.
-Fiend Hunter is similarly not exciting to me. This format has a lot of efficient removal, so all he does in a lot of games is give your opponent an extra ETB trigger and some tempo.
-Blood Baron of Vizkopa is amazing. Lifelink helps you stabilize against aggro, and it has protection from so many of the format's best spells. I remember your reaction to Stormbreath Dragon (and my reactions to losing to it a lot), and Blood Baron is the WB equivalent.
1 week ago
Sweet list! I like the interactions Tallowisp has with Steel of the Godhead and Geist of Saint Traft, and it also works with your other multicolored creatures. I don't know the context in which you will be playing this deck, but I noticed you do not have many answers for some of the common tier 1 modern decks at the moment (Tron and Jeskai/UW Control come to mind). Spreading Seas, Ghost Quarter, or Field of Ruin are good offense cards to check out as well as a Cavern of Souls to protect your win conditions (Geist of Saint Traft and Tallowisp) which both happen to be spirits.
I like the idea of putting green in the deck for Mausoleum Wanderer + Rancor but outside of that interaction, I don't know how much rancor will benefit the other creatures. It is similar to the interaction between Reach Through Mists and Tallowisp; it is decent value if you can get it to work but every time you have Reach Through Mists in hand with no Tallowisp, a Serum Visions or Opt would be much better. However, green has lots of great cards that could go in the deck such as Collected Company and Natural State (even though you have the Kataki, War's Wage, it does not do much against Tron decks).
Overall, this deck looks like some 10/10 spice, +1!
2 weeks ago
Spotred been giving it a go with various success, it is a 50/50 deck but fun as hell to play. I have made my own modifications to fit my meta and budget. Running one Gideon ally and 2 veil as opposed to 3. I do have a Sideboard Geist of Saint Traft to deal wit the various control decks around, plus it just feels so good to T3 him and slam a worship next turn.
2 weeks ago
Hey there! This looks like a pretty solid deck, but I have a few suggestions for you. Also, I used to run a pretty similar deck, which you can take a look at here: Delving into America.
- First of all, I would look to upgrade your mana base as soon as possible. Your mana is what allows you to do the things you want to do, and if you get stuck on colors, it feels pretty bad. Even if you can't afford Zendikar fetches like Arid Mesa and Scalding Tarn, I would add in some more shocklands and go up to the full 4 Flooded Strands. Your mana will become much more consistent, and your deck will feel a lot more streamlined.
- While Dispel definitely has its uses, I see it as more of a sideboard card. While most Modern decks do run instants, it's just not as consistent as you need your maindeck cards to be.
- I'm also not a huge fan of Kari Zev, Skyship Raider. She gets blocked or killed very easily, and just isn't worth 2 mana in Modern. I'd replace her with something like Young Pyromancer.
- Supreme Verdict also seems a little out of place here. Jeskai Delver wants to play threats, then disrupt your opponent, and you really don't want to play a T3 Geist of Saint Traft straight into a T4 Supreme Verdict. It feels bad.
- Finally, Saheeli Rai doesn't really do anything here. None of your threats are particularly worth copying, and her +1 has minimal impact on the game. She doesn't even see any Standard play at the moment.
Now for suggestions:
- Electrolyze is great at killing Lingering Souls tokens, and can even be a 3-for-1 in the right scenario.
- I like Remand and Spell Snare as counterspells in Delver, as they can keep your opponents from playing their cards after you land an early threat.
- I'm also fond of running a single Blessed Alliance in the maindeck. It's great against Burn, and can also help you out a lot against fringe decks like Bogles or Infect.
- Finally, I'd recommend adding a sideboard to your deck. There's a common saying in competitive Magic that a constructed deck isn't 60 cards, it's 75. Give your sideboard some thought; don't just jam cards in there. If you're planning on just playing with friends, think about what kind of decks you play against a lot, and what cards are good against their decks. You can check out the sideboard from my above deck if you'd like, or look up some articles on sideboarding with Jeskai Delver.
In any case, great job here! Good luck with your deck!
2 weeks ago
Match Report Date Unknown
Games 4 - 5
Matches 1 - 2
Match 1 - Result - Burn
In the two matched I lost I just felt too slow to do anything and didn't have a Path to Exile for his early creatures. In the game I won he actually died to his own Eidolon of the Great Revel because most of my creatures are 3 cmc.
Match 2 - Result - UB Mill
I basically won by putting my whole sideboard into my deck and playing with 75 cards in the last two rounds. Those extra cards had some creatures and good spells but were mostly thereu to make it hard for the opponent to win. I got out a Geist of Saint Traft and killed him before the mill.
Match 3 - Result - Death's Shadow
Grixis Death Shadow and Luca.... Ohhh. He's so not fun to play. Goes too fast and thinks he's all that. I won once but don't remember the games.
Don't remember since it was a long time ago.
2 weeks ago
Definitely a good start! I like what you have going on so far. That being said, there are a few things I would change.
First off, you have way too many creatures. Reflector Mage is good but it doesn't have much of a place in Control, same with Sun Titan. I would cut all those. In their place, you need some solid counterspells.
Negate is way too specific to be run as more than a 1 of in the mainboard, so I'd cut three of those. If you're playing Casual I think you can just run 4 Counterspell. In Modern, I'd look at Cryptic Command, Rune Snag, Logic Knot, and Mana Leak.
Prairie Stream is ok but there are better lands in Blue and White. I'd look into Seachrome Coast, Flooded Strand, Hallowed Fountain, and Glacial Fortress. You also need to be running 24-25 lands in Control so you can cast multiple spells quickly. If you can afford it, definitely run 4 Celestial Colonnade. Those are way better creatures for Control than Reflector Mage or Sun Titan because they can be tapped for your counterspells and removal and are generally less vulnerable.
You also might want to consider an additional win condition or two, like AEtherling, Gideon Jura, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar, or Geist of Saint Traft. Dragonlord Ojutai can be pretty rad too but you have to run him with a couple copies of Minamo, School at Water's Edge or else he's too vulnerable.
2 weeks ago
Hello just like to say that i love the idea of this deck. I would maybe add in Geist of Saint Traft you could take out both of your Search for Azcanta Flip. You are running 3 Supreme Verdict MB and 1 SB i would just run 2 MB because you have enough counters and the Path to Exile to deal with them. Also i would most defiantly recommend Leyline of Sanctity you should MB this but if you don't i would take out the 2 Kor Firewalker, because the red spell is most likely to be a burn spell. Then take out 2 Timely Reinforcements from the SB. That leaves one spot open in the SB possibly take out the 2 Rain of Blades to add 3 Ghostly Prison.
My main deck is similar to this its a prison deck. Check it out if your want Forever in the Prison.