|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and is a black Zombie.
Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 4. If you do, return that card to the battlefield and attach Nim Deathmantle to it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nim Deathmantle Discussion
enpc on Tana & Tymna
10 hours ago
Since you already have Ashnod's Altar in the deck, I would recommend adding Nim Deathmantle as well. Not only does it combo with Murderous Redcap and Altar, but it also gives a good buff to Tana, making her both easier to connect with as well as deal more damage (for more tokens).
1 day ago
3 days ago
Of cards not in your maybeboard I would strongly recommend the following: Vampiric Tutor, Living Death, Rhystic Study. For reanimation Balthor the Defiled and Strands of Night may also suit your deck. Cabal Coffers could be a land to add. Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar might be nice additions as well (Grave Titan + Nim Deathmantle + Diregraf Captain + Ashnod's Altar is an infinite combo that will kill all your opponents). Also maybe consider Black Market and Disciple of Bolas.
3 days ago
You're right about redundancy, Grantley91, but I do have that feature with Bear Umbra, or cards that will immediately pop Omnath (or a copy of Omnath) back out after being destroyed in order to protect the mana pool. Cards like Winding Canyons, Savage Summoning, Yeva, Nature's Herald, Nim Deathmantle and Mirrorpool protect the mana pool, which forgoes the need to keep Omnath himself protected to some extent.
Unfortunately, as sometimes happens, none of this stuff was on the field when I got Wrathed in that game. /:-(
5 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
5 days ago
5 days ago
I think if you also run Sphere of Safety it would stack nicely with Propaganda and Ghostly Prison
I'd also consider swapping Karn for Tezzeret the Seeker or even adding him. Tutoring artifacts seems necessary in this. Especially when you can minus-0 and grab Ancient Den, Seat of the Synod, Mana Crypt, etc.
6 days ago
May I suggest Muddle the Mixture? Transmute for a missing combo piece of Foundry-Sword, Nim Deathmantle, Time Sieve, Cyclonic Rift, If you were running it, any piece of the Isochron Scepter-Dramatic Reversal + 3 mana from non-land sources (like Grand Architect or mana rocks) combo., and Reshape. And I mean, it is also a counter spell, but who would want to use it for that when it fetches you your game winning goody. :p It's one of 2 counter spells I run, and I think it's actually only countered one spell ever, but won me almost every game it's been drawn.