|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and is a black Zombie.
Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 4. If you do, return that card to the battlefield and attach Nim Deathmantle to it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||ironax , bakunet , Fullmetalmage , rockleemyhero , Spinalripper , meowCat1234 , miracle , sonnet666 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , perrin515 , Chandelier , robbnoble , Roadhog , Lindough , xXThormentXx , Antiat , mentor6 , cklise|
|Want (5)||mlouden03 , Turtlelover73 , Pylioz , BlueMageBrandon , Desol4tion|
Nim Deathmantle Discussion
2 days ago
Thanks for checking my deck out! Though for some odd reason the comment doesn't show up on my deck page and I cant seem to comment on your Meren deck page as well. I've ordered my cards and am waiting to get them so that I can playtest them but there are some cards that I'm unsure about and consider replacing.
6 days ago
Pit Spawn is a Monster.
I use the black ninjas in my Horobi. Ninjutsu is a great way to get Death's Wail off the field when the effect is less beneficial for you. Each of the abilities lend themselves to your overall strategy. Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni Okiba-Gang Shinobi Throat Slitter Skullsnatcher.
Nim Deathmantle is an all-star in a deck like this.
6 days ago
This might be the most degenerate deck I've ever seen.
But I absolutely built it (with literally 8 differences), and it's probably the most fun deck I've played in a long long time. This is brilliant, good work.
- Blasting Station
- Claws of Gix
- Culling Dais
- Nim Deathmantle
- Pearl Medallion
- Idyllic Tutor
- Rebuff the Wicked
- Rule of Law
1 week ago
COMPETITIVE UPDATE: (See Update for details)
Swamp x 1
1 week ago
Hi, first off I'd like to say that I love the concept of this deck and many of the choices in it. I do have a few suggestions that I feel would make this list a bit stronger.
Firstly, I have a few suggestions for your reanimation package. While Debtors' Knell, Reya Dawnbringer, and Sheoldred, Whispering One are objectively strong cards, in my experience I've found them lacking. Your mileage may vary but for me they often eat removal before they can really get to work, thus not making them worth the mana investment in my eyes. I'm also not entirely sure if Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker works with Elenda or not. I think her power needs to be 1 or less as she's leaving and if she's buffed with a bunch of counters I don't think she'll get the reanimation trigger.
All of those previous cards I mentioned I would suggest cutting. Luckily this color pairing offers a myriad of quality replacements that are efficient and affordable. Animate Dead is a classic choice for graveyard recursion and is quite versatile as it hits every graveyard. Victimize might be up your alley as it can double as a sacrifice outlet, only not for Elenda. Unburial Rites is another quality recursion spell since it has flashback, so you can get Elenda back twice with the same card, or hold it up in your graveyard for another creature. There are also a few good single-use spells in both colors, namely Zombify, Resurrection, Breath of Life, False Defeat and Miraculous Recovery (this last one might be of particular interest due to its instant speed and +1/+1 counter synergy). Depending on your budget I would also suggest Necromancy.
May I also recommend Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter over Curse of the Cabal? Both seem to serve a similar purpose, but I think Vish Kal fits your strategy better. He gets +1/+1 counters from being a sacrifice outlet, and can use those counters as removal.
I hope this was of some help. I really like this deck's concept and these are just my suggestions for it. Happy brewing!
2 weeks ago
Ok, Minor Update:
- Added Unstable Legends and the missing Jalum Grifter to Tier Insanity.
- Ranked unranked Ixalan commanders as follows:
- Admiral Beckett Brass - T4 - (As much as I'd like to rank her higher, pirates have not materialized as an EDH viable tribe, and the steal effect isn't good enough to really justify running them.)
- Captain Lannery Storm - T5
- Gishath, Sun's Avatar - T4 - This is being kept out of T5 mostly because it has haste, but a little bit because you could probably use him to set up the Changeling Champion combo using Congregation at Dawn or Goblin Recruiter.
- Kopala, Warden of Waves - T4
- Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle - T5
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder - T2.5 - Tentatively putting her here because of similarities to Prime Speaker Zegana. Did anyone think up any combos or lines of play with her yet?
- Vona, Butcher of Magan - T3 - Can go in T3 if just for the board control.
- I've also made tentative placements for the Rivals of Ixalan commanders:
- Azor, the Lawbringer - T3 - There's been mentions higher up about how this guy is pretty good. I'd like to point out that his ETB doesn't stop your opponents from using instants after their turn is over, so there's nothing to stop them from waiting until the next player's upkeep to cast Swords if they want him gone.
- Elenda, the Dusk Rose - T3 - She goes infinite with Nim Deathmantle and Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar / a bunch of other cards.
- Etali, Primal Storm - T3 - This one is my favorite too. There's not much to build into since you're mostly going to be playing your opponent's deck and there's not much top card manipulation in Red, but it sure as shit looks fun.
- Ghalta, Primal Hunger - T4 - You can ramp with it using Food Chain, but you can't tutor it in mono-green and it just a dumb beater otherwise.
- Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca - T3 - You're not going to be able to do much outside of Merfolk tribal, but Merfolk are a decent tribe and her has a built in CA ability.
- Nezahal, Primal Tide - T3 - Personally, I kinda want to put this in T4 because of the mana cost, but as people have pointed out, the CA is pretty strong. Will probably just be a way for a typically blue control deck to refill their hand mid game.
- Tetzimoc, Primal Death - T5
- Zacama, Primal Calamity - T3 - I almost put it in T4 because of that mana cost, but I see what people are talking about in terms of Food Chain and blinking. There could be some combo potential here if the deck can ramp hard enough to satisfy his cost. Plus it helps that it can actually tutor FC and other combo pieces, unlike Ghalta.
- Zetalpa, Primal Dawn - T5
(Let me know if you feel I've ranked any of these guys wrong or against the running consensus.)
kyuuri117, Ummm... Hey there.
I sort of have a confession to make. I moved Prossh down to T1.5 when it was first discussed like six months ago.
Unfortunately, I accidentally only made the change on my private copy of this list that I use to test my updates, and I somehow never carried over the change to main list.
I remember logging on for a quick glance at the discussion like two weeks later and being very confused about why people were still arguing about Prossh since I thought I changed it.
Anyway, I just moved him down to T1.5. Sorry I made you argue your case three times...
(Also, wasn't there talk in that same discussion about moving Atraxa, Praetors' Voice down? I thought I did that too...)
2 weeks ago
A Nim Deathmantle might be useful in this deck, and there are some combos that come along with it if you really want to run them. Hell's Caretaker offers great recursion and a constant source of putting counters on Kresh. Throw in a Thornbite Staff, and you could make Kresh really, really, really big.
3 weeks ago
Not sure what to remove, but I think Mirage Mirror would be a great fit. It's so flexible. You have so many things that could use a twin. Losing 2 creatures? Copy your Nim Deathmantle. Want to vcopy an ability with your Rings of Brighthearth? Well, now you can double it. Voltaic Key, Caged Sun, Trading Post, Mind's Eye, etc - it's always nice to have a second one, especially when you can change Mirage Mirror multiple times in a turn.
Another decent fit would be Prototype Portal - especially when running artifact lands for free ramp (and again, mirage mirror would still be awesome with that).