|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
Legendary Creature — Human Rebel
(X), Tap: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost X or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.
(3): Put target Rebel card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero Discussion
1 month ago
Play. Get obliterated, but play anyway; you'll gain experience and make new friends as well.
Here's a word on mana for the noob: Decide how many turns you want to go before you can afford to miss a land drop, add that number to six, and then that gives you the ideal ratio for your deck.
For example (going old school) in Rebels, you want to be able to fetch Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero through Defiant Falcon by turn four. Additionally, you have Wrath of God and Parallax Wave , both of which cost four. So the deck can live off four mana just fine. Less than that and you run into problems.
So, four mana in four turns. Starting with your initial seven, then over turns 2, 3, and 4 you draw one card each, making a total of ten cards, four or which need to be land. 4/10 = 40%. 40% of 60 is 24 land. This is how they arrived at that number.
So look at what you want your deck to do, decide how many turns you want to go before you can afford to miss a land drop, and apply that ratio to the whole deck.
2 months ago
Consider Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero ? Can tutor any changeling onto the battlefield
Also, Coat of Arms gives each changeling +1/+1 for each creature on the field (including opponents). It will help your opponents too, but will help your changelings more
3 months ago
Thanks for the Upvote of my Lin Sivvi Deck.
Some suggestions in addition of franknot.19 for your deck.
Distorting Lens as colorhate is your best weapon in a rebel deck.
3 months ago
Here some suggestion:
Lands: ( replace 5 plains for those cards)
Emeria, The Sky Ruin (that cards worth it money in a mono white)
6 months ago
Yeah, so is it my imagination that Sram, Senior Artificer, the most popular mono-white commander on EDHREC and one of the cheapest card draw engines in the Command Zone in the game, next to Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip, Baral, Chief of Compliance, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Nin, the Pain Artist, Sygg, River Cutthroat, and the almighty Thrasios, Triton Hero, while Sram also being one of the most efficient after it hits.
Or you know, Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, a repeatable tutor in the command zone, Djeru, With Eyes Open, another tutor, Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle, repeatable recursion much like the old Reya Dawnbringer, or in red Daretti, Scrap Savant, one of the most popular mono-red commanders (#2 on EDHREC) with built in card selection, recursion, and more, emblemmy recursion on top, Zada, Hedron Grinder, a storm commander that gains card advantage with effects like Expedite, Godo, Bandit Warlord being a tutor, Feldon of the Third Path being recursion that is repeatable.
And again, the other boros commanders like Depala and Munda.
I guess I was mistaken, and some of the most popular commanders of all time, like Zada storm on a budget, Sram, or Daretti never existed.
10 months ago
What's your philosophy here? What do you want your deck to do?
Bound in Silence fits better than Pacifism since you can tutor for it. Same thing with Big Game Hunter over one of your kill spells. Pious Warrior and Shield Dancer make pretty good surprise blockers too.
You've also got pieces to a few combos but they would need a few more parts. Teysa, Orzhov Scion combos with Darkest Hour but it really needs a Blood Artist and Ashnod's Altar to work. Cho-Manno, Revolutionary combos with Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Those two also combo with Stuffy Doll.
One last Card. Conspiracy turns every creature into Rebels or Mercenaries, letting you tutor for any creature in your deck.
10 months ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)
11 months ago
Fiendslayer Paladin is definitely the weaker of the two cards (except with respect to the art — that art is awesome), so I agree with you fully on that point.
Helm of the Host has a few cute interactions here but you’re right that it’s a massive mana hog. It’s pretty neat with Scourge of Valkas and somewhat so, too, with Adriana, Captain of the Guard and Utvara Hellkite, but those interactions are so absurdly mana intensive that when we discuss them we are treading into the realm of 360 no-scoping and have ceased to discuss practical, viable Magic play. If this were an Aurelia, the Warleader deck, then yes, it’d be a viable wincon in its own right, but it’s not an “I win” piece here. It’s just a slow, cute card that’ll likely be shut down before doing anything broken. So yeah, probably more practical to go with the extra gas route. Less likely to lose if I keep drawing cards to play rather than relying on Helm of the Host exclusively to carry me if I draw it (not to mention it’s simply a dead card sometimes).
Yeah, big daddy Rakdos is such a fun deck. Competitive? Nope. Fun? Oh yeah. It’s just a blast going crazy and running so many ridiculously swingy effects. Check my list if you feel so inclined. You’ve been a big help for this list, I’m sure you’ll have good ideas for that one. I basically only run four Commander decks these days due to limits on funds and free time — Jori En, Ruin Diver, Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero, Rakdos the Defiler, and this one here. I actually don’t hate Green, I just haven’t got a deck with that color for some reason these days. Maybe I’ll do a Ghalta, Primal Hunger stompy/Green devotion list one of these days.
No data for this card yet.