|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Melek, Izzet Paragon
Legendary Creature — Weird Wizard
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
You may cast the top card of your library if it's an instant or sorcery card.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your library, copy it. You may choose new targets for the copy.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Melek, Izzet Paragon Discussion
1 month ago
Electrostatic Field would be a nice addition here, Goblin Electromancer , Dynavolt Tower , Mizzix of the Izmagnus , Thing in the Ice Flip, Young Pyromancer , Mirari , and Melek, Izzet Paragon . Just a few suggestions to help the storm brewing
2 months ago
3 months ago
I'll start this trash w/ one rule: use as few creatures as possible, & try to find some cards that allow Elsha of the Infinite be more like Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge as close as possible. We already have some creatures reducing the cost, & having good effects for Nonperms; but we need as few as possible; I mean, we're not going to be able to use Proteus Staff in this case. Also: NO STORM CRAP! I already did that for Melek, Izzet Paragon , I just want to emulate another; more high tier CMDR anyway. Oh well, I hope this helps, & I apologize for any hate I'm about to enrage to fans of FROZEN (Series)...
4 months ago
1) Okay, I removed Melek, Izzet Paragon , Frostburn Weird and Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius . As much as I'd really like their effects on side, I see your point it would be too slow to get them in play a lot of the time. Jaya Ballard and The Mirari Conjecture I've left in so far, firstly because they both feature in the win conditions, so would need an alternative to that. That and I already own Jaya Ballard and it just looked like a fun card to give a go. The Mirari Conjecture exists as one of the more 'backup' win conditions that coupled with fight with fire can be do all 20 damage in one turn, same with Jaya's planeswalker emblem.
2) I can see it probably needs to be a turn or so faster, how do I keep decent card advantage whilst keeping casting instant and sorceries and enough mana to keep them going and the odd creature to keep a defence going. In my mind, this is where the blue portion of the deck came in (that and for the Mirari conjecture), with the idea of keeping the land base very flexible so I could be burning or drawing as required. This is what Serum Visions was for. I was also considering Opt but with a few big damage cards available for a low miracle cost,i thought Serum Visions might be more useful
3) I've had a look through the deck and it mostly seems to fit for a Red-White deck. The Red component of it which is more relevant seems to be the fairly standard affair of red cards generated. Which is essentially what I was going for but with some blue to power The Mirari Conjecture , Serum Visions , a little bit of card advanatage and a little bit of control. It does also flag up something I'd been wondering for a little bit, is Lava Spike preferable to Rift Bolt ?
4) Control - Aggro seems a more accurate definition, yeh. I'll stick with the 22 then
5) Added these as the sideboard, I really liked most the suggestions and see where they slip in and out in niche situation. The only one I'm confused about is how would Leyline of the Void get played given neither the deck nor sideboard has any black mana base?
Cheers for the help PhoenixNest, it is much appreciated!
4 months ago
I'm looking for cards that allow me to put cards from my hand or my graveyard onto the top of my library, similarly to how Brainstorm works.
The color of the deck is Izzet. I'm looking to abuse Melek, Izzet Paragon .
Does anybody know of good cards that can fit? Yes obviously Scry will definitely help such as with Opt , but what I really need is the ability to put cards back on top of my library so that I can abuse Melek some more.
4 months ago
I created a budget version of this deck. It's designed to be for slightly less spikey groups (cutting some cards like Dispel in favour of cards like Disperse which are more versatile and often stronger in more casual settings). My version cost roughly the price of a single copy of Mana Drain and also contains a lot of pet cards that I can't help including (notably the wheel cards that cost a lot of mana, as well as Melek, Izzet Paragon ). Just wondering what people think, especially as I believe reversemermaid mentioned wanting to brew a budget version at some point. My deck also lacks tutor cards to make it more "fair" in a casual setting. The image provided shows the changes I have made to reversemermaid's list.
The deck: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2039422#paper
4 months ago
My vote goes to Melek, Izzet Paragon . I was going to say Niv but I feel like he would take a maximum of 4 rotations to deck you out. But Melek gives you one extra super-card in hand and that’s pretty solid. Seems like the wombo-combo with Ral, Storm Conduit . You could throw in a few infinite copy loops, and the scry is relevant!
4 months ago
Here are some Izzet And Spell slinger commanders I like. I would like some help for the best budget friendly and sorta semi budget competitive. . Melek, Izzet Paragon . Niv-Mizzet, Parun . Narset, Enlightened Master . Firesong and Sunspeaker
Melek, Izzet Paragon occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%