: Sacrifice this: Search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library. Then if you control four or more lands, untap that land.
|Have (5)||danaran117 , Tarzanovic , , LittleMy , _xxxSliver_Loverxxx_|
|Want (8)||jw560211_magic , dchaffee02 , Morpho-peleides , bladeoathkeeper , TheOtherRoxas , Gorenzel , SpiffyStache , zarinf|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Fabled Passage Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hey there! Not sure how your mana-base is faring, but here are a few suggestions, as manabases in a five color deck can be very difficult.
Run all of the tri lands! I hate tap lands, trust me, but with the first sliver at the head I'm willing to bet you want him out as fast as possible. You're running most of them, but I'd recommend getting your hands on the others: Arcane Sanctum, Jungle Shrine, Nomad Outpost, and Sandsteppe Citadel.
Of course, the Ikora triomes would be awesome, but they can be a bit much per land if you have a smaller budget. For reference, here they are: Savai Triome, Ketria Triome, Indatha Triome, Raugrin Triome, Zagoth Triome.
Not sure how you feel about these, but something else to consider would be the 5 panoramas from wherever it was they were first printed. Having that choice of fetch without spending money on the big fetches can be a really big asset in many games: Naya Panorama, Jund Panorama, Grixis Panorama, Esper Panorama, and Bant Panorama.
I'm sure you're aware of these, but in case you aren't, there are of course the expensive duals and fetch lands. The fetches (like for example, Bloodstained Mire) are incredibly powerful. They give you the power of choice between yes, the two colors, but beyond that virtually any color you wanted if you ran all the shock lands (like Stomping Ground). If you drew that Bloodstained Mire and needed a green, you could fetch Stomping Ground and boom, you have it. Of course, that is quite a lot of money, but if you weren't aware of them, it's a good thing to keep in mind. On a side note, the fetches are even more extremely powerful as they go to your graveyard, allowing you to recur them (with say, Ramunap Excavator) and get tons of landfall triggers per turn.
Some others are ones that add any color- like these are probably by far the best. Here's some that come to my mind. Ancient Ziggurat, City of Brass, Mana Confluence. Cascading Cataracts/Crystal Quarry are also definitely worth it for the big ol Sliver.
You don't seem to have too much ramp in the deck besides the 3 green guys and a bit of Artifact ramp. Not sure how much you need more, but some I'd recommend are Fellwar Stone, Ornithopter of Paradise, Three Visits/Nature's Lore if you add the shock lands (like Stomping Ground, etc., then you can use these to find any color), Noble Hierarch, Ignoble Hierarch, Bloom Tender (adds one of each when big sliver is out!!), Birds of Paradise, definitely Arcane Signet, Sylvan Caryatid, etc. The dorks aren't slivers, but they are really really crucial in adding any color. It is a bit much of green though, which is probably not something you want to do, so maybe pick and choose wisely- especially if you replace the green ones I mentioned before (maybe not all of them). Let me know if you'd like some more of these kinds of ramp suggestions.
Anyways, I've got some stuff to do so I'll leave it at that for now- I'm not gonna read through this so sorry for any grammar errors too. Hope some of this is helpful, and insightful. Feel free to check out some of my decks (main one is Double Trouble EDH ⫸PRIMER⫷), and let me know if you have any questions or want some help. Best of luck with your deck, and have a wonderful evening.
edit: most of the slivers and all look good there's a couple things I'd swap no biggies, small things like maybe consider Kindred Discovery or Toski if you like Bident of Thassa) but that looks all good!
1 month ago
That's going to take an extremely long time. I'd cut 1 of each crab and one azuza for more defensive stuff. fogbank comes to mind. Or maybe something like River's Rebuke also you need more fetch lands. Fabled Passage is a lot cheaper thrn the zendikar/onslaught ones. But even Evolving Wilds will do the trick
1 month ago
zapyourtumor thanks for advise.
That thing about Fabled Passage is right, but I can't afford more than 2 in the deck because I play only four basics. I will swap it with 3rd Treasure Cruise copy. And I agree with you, in most decks Dig Through Time is better than Treasure Cruise, but each of them often costs me 5-6 cards and Treasure Cruise give 3 of them back. So in this deck I think Treasure Cruise is not better than Dig Through Time, but at least, they are equally good.
If you now any other cards that have functions like Drown in the Loch (removal & counterspell in one card), but they don´t depend on graveyard, please let me know, because deck very much need cards with that type of effect.
2 months ago
kirbysan Eloniel esperdeathblade Halestor19 Sorry for the late response! I should have the crimson vow update coming soon. For my thoughts on the cards you mentioned, Kaya, Geist Hunter is a bit win-more. Her +1 isn't useful, and her -2 is slow to use repeatedly. I'd run Anointed Procession over her if you want this effect. However, tokens aren't the main strategy of the deck, and she doesn't actually produce any on her own.
Morbid Opportunist and Welcoming Vampire, like Kirbysan said, don't have as high a ceiling as our current draw pool. It's nice they trigger off of tokens, but only drawing one card per turn is a bit slow compared to our other cards. They're great budget options to replace any pricy card draw though.
Haunted Library, being something we can't trigger ourselves, doesn't synergize much with the rest of the deck. It's nice in slow, grindy situations, but we'd prefer creatures we can sac immediately.
Shattered Sanctum is a fine budget replacement for any of our current lands, but we don't actually need more duals, especially some that conditionally enter tapped. The only land we have that can enter tapped is Fabled Passage and that's because it can generate value with Brought Back et al. With the amount of fetches we have, color consistency isn't a problem. I also wouldn't replace a basic with it, since we need our basics for Land Tax, Keeper of the Accord, etc.
Storm of Souls is the best card we're getting with this set. It does everything we want in a mass reanimation spell, and funnily enough, them turning to 1/1s is somewhat of an upside for Skullclamp reasons. However, I wouldn't replace Agadeem's Awakening Flip for it. Awakening is played in a land slot since it's essentially a swamp with a small life tax that doubles as a huge reanimation spell. Not that I will, but I would replace a swamp over awakening any time. It's one of our best lands. I'm probably going to replace Command the Dreadhorde because we care more about reanimating our whole graveyard for no life than having the option to reanimate opponents' creatures. While we could play both, they fill the same niche, and we have tutors for when we really need this effect.
Persistent Specimen has a lot of potential. I'm on the fence about it. On the one hand, it's good redundancy for when our Reassembling Skeleton is lost or when we need to draw either. On the other hand, we have so many tutors that I'm not sure how much more we gain by running two of these. By costing 3 to reanimate, it requires an extra source of mana generation to go infinite, so I'm going to bench it for now.
Thanks for being patient and keeping up the discussion! I'll get the update out soon.
3 months ago
RAMP: Deranged Assistant, Gilded Goose, Rootcoil Creeper, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Skull Prophet, Solemn Simulacrum, Phyrexian Tower, Binding the Old Gods, Titans' Nest, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Nissa's Renewal, Chromatic Lantern, Dimir Signet, Golgari Signet, Lotus Petal, Simic Signet, Sol Ring, Wayfarer's Bauble, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
CARD DRAW and SELF MILL: Baleful Strix, Deranged Assistant, Glowspore Shaman, Prime Speaker Zegana, Satyr Wayfinder, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Skull Prophet, Solemn Simulacrum, Stitcher's Supplier, Underrealm Lich, The Binding of the Titans, Titans' Nest, Vessel of Nascency, Buried Alive, Rishkar's Expertise, Victimize, Aether Spellbomb, Altar of Dementia, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
REMOVAL: Acidic Slime, Agent of Treachery, Bane of Progress, Cavalier of Night, Hostage Taker, Kraul Harpooner, Massacre Wurm, Polukranos, Unchained, Ravenous Chupacabra, Shriekmaw, Binding the Old Gods, Pernicious Deed, Seal of Primordium, Beast Within, In Garruk's Wake, Languish, Aether Spellbomb, Vraska, Golgari Queen.
PROTECTION and RECURSION: Eternal Witness, Genesis, Gisa, Glorious Resurrector, Glen Elendra Archmage, Siren Stormtamer, Spore Frog, Animate Dead, Kaya's Ghostform, Pattern of Rebirth, The Binding of the Titans, Rise of the Dark Realms, Victimize, Kiora, the Crashing Wave.
ATTEMPTS TO WIN: Avenger of Zendikar + Fabled Passage ... Eternal Witness + Time Warp ... Avenger of Zendikar + Altar of Dementia ... Massacre Wurm + Thassa, Deep-Dwelling ... Muldrotha, the Gravetide + Kaya's Ghostform + Lotus Petal + Altar of Dementia ... Rise of the Dark Realms + Eternal Witness ... Vraska, Golgari Queen emblem ... Underrealm Lich + Prime Speaker Zegana OR Rishkar's Expertise
3 months ago
Nice big Update:
3 months ago
- I dont think there are any bounce lands legal in modern but you want affects like this in you deck Murasa Rootgrazer. Im aware you dont want green and want it mono white so i would recommend cycles of these cards Wildfield Borderpost there's one for every 2 color combo, and could help if you want to splash a color or want something for your sideboard.
- Another tech you could consider is Dryad Arbor its a land and a creature so you could make a loop that bounces it back to you hand and play it. It would also go off of Emeria, The Sky Ruin pretty well. They are like 3$ a copy so not very cheap.
- you might not need Leyline of Sanctity unless your playing against a burn like deck or maybe some discard deck.
- There is an issue with Knight of the White Orchid and running 25 lands. Odds are by turn 3 youll probably have 3 lands in hand but its no guarantee that your opponent will. So it will most likely just be a 2/2 with first strike which isnt bad, but isnt great.
- I dont think you need Steppe Lynx Its an 0/1 on everyone elses turn, and you dont need to be the agressor you have the late game with you other creatures. If you need to stall i recommend wall of omens.
- Eternity Vessel is a cool card but its draining your budget and lets assume you have 6 mana what would you rather cast Eternity Vessel or Admonition Angel?
- Fabled Passage is expensive budget wise, so it might be worth considering to see if we can get a better synergy out that money. Being we cant get it consistently. The deck doesnt have enough card draw, tutoring, or filtering to get it. You might get more out of cards like Wildfield Borderpost
- This might seem like a meme but its pretty solid Mana Tithe. No one sees it coming, and can be back breaking.
- White has good hate cards like Stony Silence and Rest in Peace however what graveyard and artifacts are killing us? also RIP is a anti-synergy with Emeria, The Sky Ruin. These cards can strain your budget and arent always as helpful as you think.
- Anyways cool deck idea havent seen mono white landfall and hope this helps. Ping me anytime you need help with a deck
3 months ago
Hey, good first version, nice Avacyn, Angel of Hope.
Having some backup plans to cheat big creatures onto the battlefield can be helpful because you will not always control Kaalia. Reanimation and ramp are two straight forward backup plans to consider expanding on.
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots: Demon who can reduce the colorless cost of creatures you cast.
- Emeria Shepherd: repeatable reanimate any nonland permanent in your graveyard if you play a Plains or if you play any land then put that permanent into your hand instead.
- Karmic Guide: Angel who can reanimate any creature in your graveyard.
- Nahiri, the Harbinger: all her loyalty abilities are good, her -8 can tutor for any creature and put it on the battlefield.
- Wayfarer's Bauble: land ramp that has interaction with Emeria Shepherd since it can get a basic Plains, repeatable with Shepherd for two mana.
Some changes to consider:
- Rakdos, Lord of Riots --> Hoard-Smelter Dragon
- Emeria Shepherd --> Akroma, Angel of Wrath
- Karmic Guide --> Tariel, Reckoner of Souls
- Nahiri, the Harbinger --> Descend upon the Sinful
- Wayfarer's Bauble --> Darksteel Ingot
Some other upgrades to consider:
- Profane Tutor --> Ruinous Path
- Boros Charm --> Leave No Trace
- Dragon Tempest --> Fervor
- Chaos Warp --> Wrecking Ball
- Generous Gift --> Unmake
Some lands to consider adding to improve the manabase in place of some basic lands, the three Bounce lands, Wreckage and the two Scry lands.
- Exotic Orchard
- Arid Mesa: can get Godless Shrine.
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Vault of Champions
- Spectator Seating
- Rogue's Passage
- Tyrite Sanctum
- Haunted Ridge
- Fabled Passage
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
If you choose to add Emeria Shepherd then some Fetch lands that can get a basic Plains are helpful because they give you two triggers of landfall.
Good luck with your deck.