Crucible of Worlds
You may play land cards from your graveyard.
|Have (5)||lorddarkstar , , gildan_bladeborn , Forkbeard , TheAnnihilator|
|Want (2)||Tishana , califrag|
Combos Browse all
- Crucible of Worlds + Sylvan Safekeeper
- Crucible of Worlds + Overgrown Estate + Strip Mine
- Crucible of Worlds + Flagstones of Trokair + Overgrown Estate
- Command Beacon + Crucible of Worlds
- Crucible of Worlds + Lotus Cobra
- Crucible of Worlds + Dreamscape Artist
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Crucible of Worlds occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Crucible of Worlds Discussion
2 days ago
I_Want_To_PlayAllTheDecksI have three combos. Peer into the Abyss with Underworld Dreams or Traumatize , Traumatize and Fraying Sanity . Do you think i should get rid of stax and make my lotus field meta more useful? Also, do you know of any ways i can mana ramp with this deck so that I can play more Lotus Field more reliably? I have Crucible of Worlds because of the way Lotus Field sacrifices my lands.
1 week ago
Cool idea for a thread! My Muldrotha, the Gravetide deck has many ways to loop extra turns. A couple involve lands, which not everyone expects. I've succeeded in both of these at least once. They take a bit of set up, but very satisfying overall.
Phyrexian Tower to sac Archaeomancer . Muldrotha, the Gravetide allows you to recast Archaeomancer , bringing back Temporal Manipulation . Take the extra turn and do it again! Requires seven mana plus Phyrexian Tower ; which is a crucial piece of the puzzle
Honorable mention to Sylvan Awakening which I run in one of my omnath decks. Card is rowdy late game!
1 week ago
Cool lands list. I know your focus is on theme/gimmick but there are a few cards worth considering just to streamline the strategy.
2 weeks ago
Just doing a quick look at the MTG Wiki:
The mechanic Overload arose out of a mechanic designed by Ken Nagle in the first round of the Great Designer Search 1.
Ethan Fleischer's Evolve Mechanic from the Great Designer Search 2 found its way into the game.
Shawn Main created a mechanic in the Great Designer Search 2 that would be renamed and placed in the game as Battalion )
Looting becoming part of Red's Color Identity has its birth in the Great Designer Search 2.
You Make the Creature contest resulted in the creation of Spiritmonger .
The Winners of the Magic Invitational were allowed to design a card that would feature their likeness. From that, we got:
- Olle Råde's Sylvan Safekeeper ;
- Darwin Kastle's Avalanche Riders ;
- Mike Long's Rootwater Thief ;
- Chris Pikula's Meddling Mage ;
- Jon Finkel's Shadowmage Infiltrator ;
- Kai Budde's Voidmage Prodigy ;
- Jens Thoren's Solemn Simulacrum ;
- Bob Maher's Dark Confidant ;
- Terry Soh's Rakdos Augermage ;
- Antoine Ruel's Ranger of Eos ; and
- Tiago Chan's Snapcaster Mage .
The 2005 Magic Invitational had a vote for a fan-submitted card. Tsuyoshi Fujita's winning entry would eventually become Gemstone Caverns .
Magic 2015 had a number of cards created by famous Magic fans. These cards are:
- George Fan's (Plants vs. Zombies) Genesis Hydra ;
- Penny Arcade's (of the Penny Arcade webcomic and creator of PAX) Avarice Amulet ;
- Markus Persson's (creator of Minecraft) Aggressive Mining ;
- Richard Garriot's (creator of Ultimata) Shield of the Avatar ;
- David Sirlin's (designer on Street Fighter II) Master of Predicaments ;
- Rob Pardo's (lead designer for WoW) Xathrid Slyblade ;
- Isaiah Cartwright's (lead designer for Guild Wars 2) Warden of the Beyond ;
- Justin Gary's (winner 2003's National Team Championship in Worlds) Spirit Bonds ;
- Stone Librande's (lead designer Diablo III) Goblin Kaboomist ;
- Brian Fargo's (Founder of Interplay Entertainment, which made the original Fallout games) Yisan, the Wanderer Bard ;
- Mike Neumann's (creative director for Borderlands) Chasm Skulker ;
- James Ernest's (creator of Cheapass Games) Hot Soup ;
- Edmund McMillen's (indie game designer) Cruel Sadist ; and
- Brad Muir's (game designer of Double Fine, which made Psychonauts) Ob Nixilis, Unshackled .
I think that should answer your question. There also have been a number of players who were hired directly as a result of their play in tournaments or performances in things like the Great Designer Search, so, in a sense, could be considered fans turned card creators. However, once they become part of the design team, they are no longer merely fan creators, so I am not sure they would be responsive to your question.
2 weeks ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
3 weeks ago
Cards that would make this deck better: Strip Mine , Breeding Pool , Alchemist's Refuge , Crucible of Worlds , Spark Double , Cyclonic Rift , Rapid Hybridization , Hullbreacher , Fierce Guardianship for starters, as well as the 7 fetchlands.
3 weeks ago
You could probably ditch Avacyn, Angel of Hope here. She's ok but feels a bit win more. I get that wrath prevention is good, but given that the go-to wraths are things like Cyclonic Rift and Toxic Deluge , Avacyn just feels like an overcosted beater. Given all of the fetches and Strip Mine , if you wanted beaters then Titania, Protector of Argoth does more for the deck (especially with Cradle) and if you wanted more synergy with the rest of the cards then Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds will do more.
If you wanted to add a boardwipe to the deck, Terminus is really dumb with Sisay.
1 month ago
is a major key for this deck
on a budget it could be combined with Boundless Realms or Ramunap Excavator & ( Terramorphic Expanse , Evolving Wilds )
off budget extra lands per turn, pain fetch forests, & Crucible of Worlds
or just Evolution Sage & Scapeshift can easily proliferate 9 if the lands you fetch are fetch lands :)