Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar
Legendary Creature — Elemental Avatar
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar gets +1/+1 for each land you control and each land card in your graveyard.
, Return two lands you control to their owner's hand: Return Multani from your graveyard to your hand.
|Have (4)||metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Obsolete , abritt|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Recommendations View more recommendations
Latest Decks as Commander
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar Discussion
3 weeks ago
2 months ago
Took about 2 hours, but finally finished any analysis of my deck and maybe board. What I've done is compared every card in my board against my deck and calculated the amount of interactions that card has to "Go off" or to "do something". Just because a card has a low interaction does not mean it's bad, but it helps us pick out what "feels off".
The lists read like the following, What the cards does, how many interactions it has, what it's function in the deck is.
Resource: A card that it's goal is to let me play heavier things more often and thins to make drawing more powerful
Draw: Draws cards, this is very valuable in Azusa. Azusa likes draw more than anything else. Drawing gets you closer to winning the game much faster than thinning with resources
Kill: These cards have some way to win me the game. I will have to eventually go into detail into all of them. They have a known synergy that lets me setup lethal or are lethal.
Prevent: Prevents me from losing the game. Be it killing something, preventing something, etc
???: Does not fit any category, if this is met then the card should be reassessed.
Card Synergy Type
- Wordly Tutor 24 Tutor
- Finale of Devastation 24 Tutor
- Tooth and Nail 24 Tutor
- Green Sun’s Zenith 23 Tutor
- Natural Order 22 Tutor
- Avenger of Zendikar 17 Kill
- Rishkar’s Expertise 17 Draw
- Augur of Autumn 17 Resource
- Courser of Kruphix 17 Resource
- Oracle of Mul Daya 17 Resource
- Ramumap Excavator 16 Resource/Kill
- Ancient Greenwarden 16 Resource/Kill
- Return of the Wildspeaker 16 Draw
- Scute Swarm 16 Kill
- Tireless Tracker 16 Draw
- Tireless Provision 16 Resource
- Lotus Cobra 16 Resource
- Titania, Protector of Argoth 15 Kill
- Fierce Empath 15 Tutor
- Garruk, Primal Hunter 15 Draw
- Azusa, Lost But seeking 14 Resource
- Woodland Bellower 12 Tutor
- Crucible of Worlds 11 Resource/Kill
- Exploration 11 Resource
- Life From the Loam 10 Resource
- Sylvan Library 10 Draw
- Sensei’s Divining Top 10 Draw
- Rude Awkening 9 Resource/Kill
- Scapeshift 8 Kill
- Ulvenwald Hydra 7 Kill
- Craterhoof Behemoth 7 Kill
- Akroma’s Memorial 7 Kill
- Regal Force 7 Draw
- World Breaker 6 Prevent
- Shamanic Revelation 6 Draw
- Sol Ring 6 Resource
- Nylea’s Intervention 6 Tutor/Kill
- Sylvan Scrying 6 Tutor/Kill
- Horn of Greed 6 Draw
- Greenwarden of murasa 5 Prevent
- Eternal Witness 5 Prevent
- Constant Mists 5 Prevent/Kill
- Vorinclex, Voice of hunger 5 Resource
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion 5 Draw/Prevent
- Genesis Wave 5 Kill
- Bane of Progress 5 Prevent
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth 4 Kill/Draw
- Blightseel Colossus 4 Kill
- Multani, Yavimaya’s Avatar 4 ???
- Boundless Realms 4 Resource
- Beacon of Creation 3 Kill
- Harmonize 1 Draw
- Jeweled Lotus 1 Resource
- Force of Vigor 0 Prevent
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar with the over changes to the deck feels like it's falling off. It has a good interaction with Greater Good, but getting both of those cards off is unlikely. I also feel that every time I want to grab for an X creature it's hydra. This card is potentially on the chopping block.
Jeweled Lotus Feels dead sometimes in this deck. If you draw into it the card is great, but otherwise it's been falling off. Turn 0 Azusa is great in all, but the extra land or creature might be better.
Having trouble finding one more potential cut with this information. Will think about it more.
Card Synergy Type
- Momentous Fall 14 Draw
- Earthcraft 14 Resource
- Greater Good 14 Draw/Prevent
- Chord of Calling 12 Tutor
- Wrenn and Seven 8 Resource
- Mana Crypt 6 Resource
- Defense of the Heart 5 Tutor
- Kamahl’s Will 5 Kill/Prevent
- Realms Uncharted 3 Resource
- Allosaurus Shepherd 3 Prevent
- Nissa, Vital Force 3 Resource/Prevent/Draw
- Void Winnower 2 Kill
- Beast Within 1 Prevent
- Song of the Dryads 1 Prevent
- Concordant Crossroads 1 ???
- Kenrith's Transformation 0 Prevent
- Lignify 0 Prevent
Kamahl’s Will is a wincon, a defensive option, amplifier for draw, and has potentially other combo's. Given how many lands I get, this is highly likely.
Momentous Fall I feel like i take it out and put it in a lot, I like the card but the sacing hurts. With the drop of Multi this might feel weaker now. Testing needed.
Greater Good might be a hard add, prevents exile even at the cost of cards. It's an engine otherwise. Testing.
+1 Beast Within
+1 Greater Good
Testing needed, these are no official changes at this time.
2 months ago
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All is going in for helping with tooth and nail
- Woodland Bellower feels like a natural fit,,, really good with Fierce Empath, "cute swarm" (Scute Swarm), Ramunap Excavator, Ulvenwald Hydra and Eternal Witness. Great combo with tooth and nail too.
- Keeping slyvan for the moment, I have a copy of life from the loam, not sure if I should run this yet. I'm tempted too
- Torn between Crop Rotation and Sylvan Scrying. This instant speed is nice since you can surprise your opponents, but without owning a Cavern of Souls and Glacial Chasm not being the deck,,, I think I favor Sylvan Scrying
- Tempted to add Greenwarden of Murasa for more tutor-able recurrence.
- Titania, Protector of Argoth Feels really good with the fetches, adding this
- World Breaker and Terastodon kinda fill the same role a lot of times for me. World breaker is slightly cheaper and it can come back.
- Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar feels like an auto add definitely if I'm dropping lands in both my grave and field.
2 months ago
I tried a similar deck and i think Harrow is a good option, better than Cultivate that is too slow. For late game game i put Omnath, Locus of Rage or i was thinking about Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar; now i'll try Shatterskull Smashing Flip, could be a good solution for ending a game. Explore is a good card draw for the deck. However nice deck there's a lot of nice tips that i could use for mine.
3 months ago
Some upgrades, things to look for and think about:
First, your commander Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait wants you to play lands and draw cards. Anything you can change towards that theme will help your deck run better. Also, there's some "sub-optimal" choices that could be upgraded for other things, some of which may have come with other commander precons, are really cheap, etc. Lastly, it looks like your paper version here has some token and +1/+1 counters sub-themes, which I'd bet would make your deck less focused, leading to more random things going on or you not being able to execute a game plan consistently.
So, with all that in mind, I would suggest some of the following changes, and my reasoning behind them:
If you can get your hands on a Scute Swarm, you'll have some awesome token stuff to go on.
Also, if you can get your hands on a Tatyova, Benthic Druid, you'll have some redundancy and not have to rely solely upon your commander (for when it's died too many times, or you don't have the extra lands / fetch to keep your commander chugging along.
Ghost Town is a cheaper land that will let you pick it up on opponents turns, so you'll always have at least one land to play on your turn.
You might want to change some other bodies like Ornery Dilophosaur and Wren's Run Hydra for bodies that fetch lands like Wood Elves, Farhaven Elf, or others like it (like Elvish Rejuvenator and Springbloom Druid). This will give you blockers earlier, help you ramp, and make use of your commander later in the game too.
You could possibly upgrade your land base a little (in case you find yourself without the right colors often enough?). Some include Breeding Pool (which is on the $$ side), Hinterland Harbor, Rejuvenating Springs, Command Tower, and maybe a few more.
Hopefully this helps with how you think about your deck, some choices of cards, what you ultimately want the deck to do, and things to look for. Let me know if you have questions on choices or anything else.
6 months ago
Thank you for the Ideas guys! Neotrup I own Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar , I just didn't fall in love with the card Multani, Maro-Sorcerer has just always been a favorite card, that and Kamahl, Fist of Krosa are probably my two favorite cards of all time. Multani just always looked awesome on that card, and the flavor text is my second favorite to OG Raging Goblin .
6 months ago
An opponent activating Arcane Lighthouse will remove shroud, but that's not really something you can build around. Auras entering from a zone other than the stack don't target, so the copy of Gigantiform from kicking it could be attached, but that doesn't help too much with this deck idea. If you like the character rather than the card, Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar doesn't have shroud.