Creature — Elf Druid
When Springbloom Druid enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a land. If you do, search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Springbloom Druid Discussion
5 days ago
Hey, for a first deck this is well done on a budget. Nice Foothills Expedition :)
Ask yourself do you need Elemental tribal with Omnath? My advice will hopefully give you ideas of how you can make upgrades with Omnath by getting away from the tribal theme. Omnath by himself is an Elemental engine, creating Elementals with landfall. Focus more on ramp and landfall for Omnath as your main source of Elementals, not other Elemental creatures.
The cards you cast before Omnath should help you to cast Omnath which will do a lot more for gameplay then casting some Elementals before him. Still play some Elementals such as Ashaya, Soul of the Wild and Bane of Progress , but play these because they're good cards not because they're Elementals. Elementals such as Creeping Trailblazer and Lavakin Brawler aren't good enough even with Elemental synergy.
Cards in the early game you want to cast are ramp.
- Sol Ring
- Lotus Cobra
- Orcish Lumberjack
- Tireless Provisioner : Modern Horizons 2 card, landfall to create treasures.
- Farseek : can search for a Mountain dual land such as Cinder Glade or Highland Forest .
- Llanowar Scout
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Harrow : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Roiling Regrowth : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Springbloom Druid : trigger landfall twice.
- Stone-Seeder Hierophant
Lotus Cobra , Tireless Provisioner and Stone-Seeder Hierophant are important budget cards because of landfall which makes them combo with Perilous Forays + Omnath to repeatedly pay for the sac activation of Forays.
Ramunap Excavator , Mina and Denn, Wildborn and Moraug, Fury of Akoum are good budget support cards who are not Elementals; they're support comes from interactions with lands. Excavator lets you play lands from your graveyard which is excellent with Fetch lands for landfall: Foothills, Passage, Wilds, Expanse, Myriad Landscape , Naya Panorama , Jund Panorama . Excavator makes cards that make you sac a land when you cast them better since you can then play the land you saced from your graveyard. Excavator is also good with Valakut Exploration which is landfall for card advantage or damage to all opponents.
Wildborn lets you play another land on your turn and it also has an ability to bounce a land you control to give Omnath trample. Moraug can be a win condition with landfall giving you extra combat steps to attack with Omnath and 5/5 Elementals. You get an extra combat step after a main phase for each landfall trigger.
If you're interested in these suggestions then I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
I've been playing elves for some time in both commander and modern, so I was excited to see Lathril spoiled. If I didn't already have a tricked out Ezuri, Renegade Leader deck I'd definitely be building this, because the only thing better than playing mono-green elves is playing green-black elves! I am a bit surprised that you are missing some elf staples such as Llanowar Elves , Fyndhorn Elves , Wood Elves , Elves of Deep Shadow , Farhaven Elf , and Springbloom Druid . These cards may seem boring, but they give you incredible acceleration, and you can also definitely justify dropping your land count a bit because they'll ramp you early and grab your lands for you from your deck. You also really don't need any of the mana rocks other than Sol Ring , they don't synergize with elves' game plan. I'd also heartily recommend Elvish Guidance , and an often-overlooked card that turns one of your existing lands into a Gaea's Cradle but which costs less than a dollar in real-world money. Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip does this as well, but it is more well-known and more expensive. For board wipes I'd recommend Kindred Dominance , which blows everyone else's stuff away while leaving yours intact, and Ezuri's Predation , which was recently re-printed and is now pretty cheap to pick up, as it will likewise leave your elves intact while giving you a bunch of tokens and destroying most of your opponent's stuff. I'd also commend your inclusion of the fabulous new card Haunting Voyage . This card is sheer gold for tribal decks in black!
3 weeks ago
qwrtyp Thanks! Search for Blex I agree would be good. The card itself wouldn't fit into the budget that I was going for. Looking back I probably would change out the Harrow , Roiling Regrowth , amd Khalni Heart Expedition . For a Wood Elves , Farhaven Elf , and a Springbloom Druid to have more creatures to sacrifice and trigger both Grim Haruspex and Midnight Reaper
1 month ago
Hello , i see that you are missing a lot of protection for Muldrotha and have a lot of ramp spell that will not be useful in your graveyard later on. Here some suggestions for you if you want to explore other avenue.
Protection: Command Beacon - It will ensure you can always cast muldrotha for cheap. Bojuka Bog - very important to interact with your opponent graveyards, if not needed cycle it and use it later if needed.
Lightning Greaves For me its a no brainer especially how much muldrotha cost to cast we need to help him..or her staying on the board.
Spore Frog is just amazing if you are in a playgroup that go to combat a lot your just dont care sac spore frog everytime and recast it on your next turn for a huge shield... if you playgroup dont use combat a lot leave it out.
Elephant Grass Is also very good to keep you safe while you are building up your board. Dont want to pay the cumulative upkeep, sac it and replay it again :)
Glen Elendra Archmage is also going to disturbed your opponent plans when its on the board and I pair her with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so she always come back without me having to recast her, and Mikaeus is just awesome in this deck.
Im Testing and trying Lilting Refrain for counter spell which seemed a good deterrent like Glen Elendra and it can be reutilized.
Ramp You are using a lot of sorceries for this category, I was doing the same before and felt that these card had no value on the long run.
I now use a different approach on ramp. I use milling and I play cards like Ramunap Excavator , Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , Springbloom Druid (should replace cultivate), my favorite is World Shaper (instead of your splendid reclamation) and sac it for massive boost, same for The Mending of Dominaria it just feed your grave and have a massive outcome + they can be replayed later by your cmdr.
I would play 1 or 2 drop mana dorks over ramping sorceries for sure. The only sorcery I really suggest is Life from the Loam so good to feed your graveyard or get your land back if needed.
Self mill: Jace, Memory Adept will do better than Beleren , pair this with Syr Konrad, the Grim and other mill option ... let me know in your reply if you would like this avenue a have a few good cards that can help.
Ohter: Fleshbag Marauder is a good effect, but you can have more versatile and mana efficient creatures which are also cheap: Demon's Disciple and Plaguecrafter both are an auto include when repeated over and over they are very nasty.
Hostage Taker is very very fun .
I can go on an on on card that will benefit your deck , what I would say check to replace your instant and sorceries with permanents that will benefit you during the entire game.
Let me know what you think and what you will change I can then help you tweaking a few more things.
2 months ago
Binding the Old Gods isn't good removal cause it doesn't have the benefit of being instant speed or being a creature you can reanimate. It also takes a whole turn rotation to ramp you one forest that you can't even use that turn.
Moldervine Reclamation is 5 mana for a draw engine which is kinda expensive. Your decks goal doesn't seem to be aristocrats, rather bringing back a bunch of lower power creatures with good effects or are actually thicc. In this case, you don't have good fodder to make this card work.
- Collective Effort is kinda bad all around. it's removal is conditional and slow and you can only pick the +1/+1 option once so it can't make your men big.
- Beast Whisperer same kinda think with moldervine. You are going to cast creatures on occasion, but what you really want is card draw when creatures etb so you can fill your hand after mutating Nethroi. It's decent in the early game, but etb draw is better for you in both the early and late game.
- Wayfarer's Bauble . You are in green and there's better creature ramp that doesn't cost $4.
- Eternal Witness . good recursion outside of nethroi and allows you to get important non-creatures back when recurring.
- Wood Elves . better than binding of the old gods for ramp in almost every way. It's creature based, non basic forest finding and the land doesn't enter tapped.
- Springbloom Druid . like harrow, but on a creature. keep both if you want though.
- Tortured Existence . Even though it's an enchantment, it's cheap and allows you to surprise your opponents with something from you hand and otherwise you can just trade creatures for whatever you need at the time.
- Grim Haruspex . Decent card draw that give you some benefit if your board gets wiped.
2 months ago
I’d drop some of the more expensive tap ETB effect such as Frost Titan or Icefall Regent , as well as Sakura-Tribe Elder and Cultivate . In their place, you could add more creatures with ETB ramp effects (especially if you want to run such few lands).
Last thing i’d suggest is raising lands to 32-33. I’m notorious for playing few lands compared to other people, but this deck needs more low cost ramp and card draw to make that viable.
Hope this was helpful. Have fun!
2 months ago
- sorry wrong link... Evolving Wilds . Also, since your commander scales with lands on the field AND in the graveyard, it opens a lot of different options. Cycle lands like Ash Barrens Tranquil Thicket Slippery Karst and Desert of the Indomitable are all cards that can either be mana or a source of card draw later on. Terramorphic Expanse Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage are all good ways to further the land in grave count AND synergize really well with your play from the graveyard effects like Ramunap Excavator , letting you get a land from your deck every turn.
And again, since your commander cares about lands in graveyards, Crop Rotation can fetch any needed utility lands/fetching lands. And Springbloom Druid is a Harrow with legs! Roiling Regrowth is a newer card that fetches you lands. And Nissa's Pilgrimage is an all star with the potential to give you 3 lands for 3 mana!
Hope that gives you some ideas!
3 months ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.