Creature — Elf Druid
When Springbloom Druid enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a land. If you do, search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Have (2)||ivaggione , PapaSquatch41|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Springbloom Druid occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Springbloom Druid Discussion
3 days ago
Binding the Old Gods isn't good removal cause it doesn't have the benefit of being instant speed or being a creature you can reanimate. It also takes a whole turn rotation to ramp you one forest that you can't even use that turn.
Moldervine Reclamation is 5 mana for a draw engine which is kinda expensive. Your decks goal doesn't seem to be aristocrats, rather bringing back a bunch of lower power creatures with good effects or are actually thicc. In this case, you don't have good fodder to make this card work.
- Collective Effort is kinda bad all around. it's removal is conditional and slow and you can only pick the +1/+1 option once so it can't make your men big.
- Beast Whisperer same kinda think with moldervine. You are going to cast creatures on occasion, but what you really want is card draw when creatures etb so you can fill your hand after mutating Nethroi. It's decent in the early game, but etb draw is better for you in both the early and late game.
- Wayfarer's Bauble . You are in green and there's better creature ramp that doesn't cost $4.
- Eternal Witness . good recursion outside of nethroi and allows you to get important non-creatures back when recurring.
- Wood Elves . better than binding of the old gods for ramp in almost every way. It's creature based, non basic forest finding and the land doesn't enter tapped.
- Springbloom Druid . like harrow, but on a creature. keep both if you want though.
- Tortured Existence . Even though it's an enchantment, it's cheap and allows you to surprise your opponents with something from you hand and otherwise you can just trade creatures for whatever you need at the time.
- Grim Haruspex . Decent card draw that give you some benefit if your board gets wiped.
1 week ago
I’d drop some of the more expensive tap ETB effect such as Frost Titan or Icefall Regent , as well as Sakura-Tribe Elder and Cultivate . In their place, you could add more creatures with ETB ramp effects (especially if you want to run such few lands).
Last thing i’d suggest is raising lands to 32-33. I’m notorious for playing few lands compared to other people, but this deck needs more low cost ramp and card draw to make that viable.
Hope this was helpful. Have fun!
2 weeks ago
- sorry wrong link... Evolving Wilds . Also, since your commander scales with lands on the field AND in the graveyard, it opens a lot of different options. Cycle lands like Ash Barrens Tranquil Thicket Slippery Karst and Desert of the Indomitable are all cards that can either be mana or a source of card draw later on. Terramorphic Expanse Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage are all good ways to further the land in grave count AND synergize really well with your play from the graveyard effects like Ramunap Excavator , letting you get a land from your deck every turn.
And again, since your commander cares about lands in graveyards, Crop Rotation can fetch any needed utility lands/fetching lands. And Springbloom Druid is a Harrow with legs! Roiling Regrowth is a newer card that fetches you lands. And Nissa's Pilgrimage is an all star with the potential to give you 3 lands for 3 mana!
Hope that gives you some ideas!
1 month ago
Hey, good start on a budget.
Cards in the maybeboard that are worth adding:
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Altar's Reap
- Costly Plunder
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Fleshbag Marauder
- Apprentice Necromancer
- In Garruk's Wake
- Tainted Wood
- Erebos, Bleak-Hearted
- Smothering Abomination
- Acidic Slime
Some budget cards, $1-$2, most are less than $1, at TCGPlayer to consider adding:
- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame : the two Elementals she creates are saced at your end step meaning they will trigger Korvold. Repeatable two Elemental creatures has interaction with Priest of Forgotten Gods and Whisper, Blood Liturgist to activate them on your turn each turn.
- Awakening Zone : Eldrazi Spawn tokens have nice interaction with Korvold since they self-sac to make 1 colorless mana.
- Arasta of the Endless Web : repeatable Spider tokens whenever an opponent casts an instant/sorcery thus can be lots of value in multiplayer Commander. It can even create infinite Spider tokens if an opponent combos by infinite casting.
- Atarka, World Render : creature to reanimate. Korvold is a Dragon and giving him double strike in combination with flying and huge power from counters can outright kill an opponent with Commander damage.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder : can sac itself.
- Caustic Caterpillar : can sac itself.
- Viscera Seer : can sac itself.
- Reassembling Skeleton : can reanimate itself.
- Bloodsoaked Champion : can reanimate itself.
- Village Rites
- Jarad's Orders : tutor for two creatures, one into your hand and the other into your graveyard. Good reanimation enabler or get Reassembling/Champion.
- Poison-Tip Archer : trigger when any other creature dies including opponent's creatures making it good in multiplayer Commander.
More ramp is good with Korvold because it can help to cast him faster and then it can be sac fodder to trigger him.
- Sol Ring : the most expensive price card I will suggest, but it's a staple of Commander.
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Gruul Signet
- Golgari Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone : can sac itself.
- Commander's Sphere : can sac itself.
- Springbloom Druid
Some budget lands to consider adding:
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands
- Path of Ancestry
- Llanowar Wastes
- Cinder Glade
- Smoldering Marsh
- Jund Panorama
- Evolving Wilds
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Myriad Landscape
- Blighted Woodland
- Ghost Quarter
- Ash Barrens
I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Something else I just realized that I like about Springbloom Druid in this deck is that it provides 3 triggers for Kodama in addition to the two landfall triggers for other permanents with landfall effects. Also forgot to mention Elvish Reclaimer as a nice land tutor that can be activated during an opponent's turn to start the Ghost Town chain with landfall token generators.
Because of how quickly Kodama can chain lands onto the field I feel like you could add more cards that help put lots of land into your hand like:
I mean if you drastically shifted the playstyle of the deck it would be fun to run Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant Flip in the 99 for the exponential basic forest mana. I'd still use your partners as the commanders and have more basic forest in the deck with more effects to drop lands into play like Burgeoning
Also if you just want to really annoy your opponents.
- Collector Ouphe great if you don't have many artifact abilities.
- Hall of Gemstone green decks tend to just play stuff on their own turn so locking others down to a single color doesn't usually affect you.
- City of Solitude this can be good for you if you usually need people to leave you alone on your turn, but detrimental if you need to respond on an opponents turn. Note: this does not even allow people to tap for mana on an opponent's turn.
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
2 months ago
Thanks, glad you liked the read and I hope you enjoy playing it - I know I do - let me know if you run into any hidden gems and how your games go should you get to play the deck.
I can see Kodama totally going off in the deck. Isn't it a bit win-more though in the sense that "When muldrotha is out, we're winning anyways?" Seems like instead of casting Kodama you could be running through your graveyard - and having 2 six-drops on the battlefield without anyone doing something about it seems rare.
FYI: One card that has outperformed my expectations in the deck is Wood Elves - the fact that it fetches all your colors of mana, untapped if you need it, brings a body to sacrifice and can do all that again from the graveyard has been amazing value. Similarly Springbloom Druid does the same - without untapping or getting a dual - but with putting a land in your grave yard to later get out with muldrotha (or heaven forbid: World Shaper - that card getting back 3 or 4 lands has been a gamechanger every time)
3 months ago
Hello, I have some suggestions for you. I don't know how cEDH competitive you want the deck to be but some of these are great cards:
Zendikar's Roil is an extremely baby version of Omnath, Locus of Rage and will produce elementals that will trigger the damage ability.
Springbloom Druid: It may only net you 1 land but it causes 2 landfall triggers when it ETBs.
Fertilid: Can also create 2 landfall triggers in the same turn. It's also an elemental for an Omnath trigger when it dies.
Ulvenwald Tracker: Repeatable fight activations is amazing. Especially if you get token creatures you don't mind losing.
Migration Path: Puts 2 lands into play tapped. And can cycle though for this deck that isnt any real value until very late game. Another good ramp card you may want to consider.
Myriad Landscape: Puts 2 lands into play from your library for more triggers.
Yavimaya Elder: Gets two lands into hand and can sac for a card draw.
Beast Within: Strict upgrade removal card. Would be better than your artifact/enchantment removal cards. And you don't care if someone gets a 3/3 given your decklist.
Kazuul's Fury Flip: The new Fling!
Vastwood Surge: Can get you both mountains and forests. The kicker is nice if it happens.
Journey of Discovery: Good modal card depending on how far the game has gone.
Perilous Forays: Provides a sacrifice outlet if needed for creatures and turns token/unneeded creatures into more land.