Sacrifice a land. Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped. then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Roiling Regrowth occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Roiling Regrowth Discussion
multimedia on Aesi
6 days ago
Hey, well done on a budget upgrading a precon for a first Commander deck.
There's some cards in the precon to consider adding:
Meloku the Clouded Mirror : one of the better budget cards with Aesi because it can bounce lands you control. It can be a repeatable source of flying tokens, landfall triggers or best of all draw with Aesi.
Spitting Image : can copy any creature on the battlefield including an opponents creature. Retrace is the reason to include this because by discarding a land you can cast it again from your graveyard and keep doing this as long as you have a land in your hand to discard.
With Murkfiend Liege and Retreat to Coralhelm you can take advantage of Llanowar Scout and Zimone, Quandrix Prodigy who can tap to put a land onto the battlefield. This interaction if you have lands in your hand lets you trigger Aesi on your opponents turns. Can also abuse this interaction with Simic Growth Chamber or Guildless Commons because these lands can bounce themselves back to your hand. Either one lets you trigger Aesi and draw a card on each opponents turn.
Some other cards $1 or less each to consider adding:
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Talisman of Curiosity : another two drop Simic mana rock.
- Harrow : gets two basic lands at instant speed and they ETB untapped.
- Roiling Regrowth
- Brainstorm : staple blue card, draw three for one mana.
- Zephyr Boots : flying evasion for Aesi and repeatable draw.
- Decisive Denial
Some other budget lands $1 or less each to consider:
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
reads decklist thinks of suggestions "Intelligent comments, please" shoot
For most decks, Cultivate is the best ramp spell available in Standard. For a landfall deck, Roiling Regrowth and Migration Path are better because they allow you to get two lands onto the battlefield in one turn.
Sarulf, Realm Eater seems like a good card for a kind of midrange deck like this, but it's secretly really slow. The earliest you're likely to activate it is turn 5, and without other creatures to draw removal spells from your opponent, Sarulf is likely to eat one. The T5 activation is likely to only exile a few small creatures, as he'll only have 1-2 counters on him. At that point, it's just better to play Extinction Event or Blood on the Snow .
Miscast seems an odd one-of to me. It's very situational, but you haven't even given yourself many chances to find that situation to use it. I'd recommend Saw It Coming instead if you really need counterspells. It works well with Roiling Regrowth since you can hold up countermagic in case they do something threatening, then use Regrowth or Behold the Multiverse if they don't.
Your sideboard is a little all over the place. I'm not the best with sideboards, but think about each individual card and what matchups you're going to bring it in for. Wilt or Return to Nature are also better than Broken Wings 4/5 times.
3 weeks ago
You'll probably want more ramp than just 3x Cultivate. Add in the fourth and maybe a few Roiling Regrowth s. Since roiling regrowth is an instant, you can even hold up countermagic and use it if they don't do anything counter-worthy.
3 weeks ago
- sorry wrong link... Evolving Wilds . Also, since your commander scales with lands on the field AND in the graveyard, it opens a lot of different options. Cycle lands like Ash Barrens Tranquil Thicket Slippery Karst and Desert of the Indomitable are all cards that can either be mana or a source of card draw later on. Terramorphic Expanse Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage are all good ways to further the land in grave count AND synergize really well with your play from the graveyard effects like Ramunap Excavator , letting you get a land from your deck every turn.
And again, since your commander cares about lands in graveyards, Crop Rotation can fetch any needed utility lands/fetching lands. And Springbloom Druid is a Harrow with legs! Roiling Regrowth is a newer card that fetches you lands. And Nissa's Pilgrimage is an all star with the potential to give you 3 lands for 3 mana!
Hope that gives you some ideas!
1 month ago
Huge thanks for the help guys bushido_man96 and Bomdoboy. I've removed all my scrylands to add one more basic and both utility lands. Also, i've replaced Cultivate and Kodama's Reach for Harrow and Roiling Regrowth . Can't wait to try this out on Spelltable next weekend. Cheers
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hope these suggestions help.
2 months ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.