Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 green Elemental creature token.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Zendikar's Roil Discussion
2 months ago
Combo lines; Commander + Life and Limb / Ambush Commander / Natural Affinity + any sac outlet like alter of dementia (this one is actually game winning) gives you infinite etb and death triggers plus infinite mana. Ways to finish the game after that include Walking Ballista / Goblin Cannon , Soul of the Harvest / Fecundity / Staff of Domination to draw your entire library, Season of Growth / Path of Discovery to scry your way to another wincon, Seed the Land , Genesis Chamber , Scute Swarm , Zendikar's Roil for infinite tokens, Baru, Fist of Krosa for infinitely huge trample creatures, Essence Warden / Retreat to Kazandu for infinite life then hit people with a Squall Line
3 months ago
Lotus Ramp Example List:
4x Elvish Reclaimer as repeatable Lotus tutor
4x Sylvan Scrying as single-use Lotus tutor
4x Pelakka Wurm
Lotus and lands. You'd be winning with either Nissa or Pelakka Wurm.
t1 land, Elvish Reclaimer
t2 land, sylvan scrying
t3 land, Kiora
t4 use Reclaimer to jam Lotus, untap lotus with Kiora, Pore over the pages and Vizer to sift through your deck a bunch of times until you can jam Pelakka wurm.
That is, of course, a rough draft.
Wishclaw Blink exmaple deck:
4x Wishclaw Talisman
4x Oath of Kaya
1x Nine Lives
4x Fatal Push
Plus some stuff, get to 80 cards, add Yorion in SB as companion, eventually win with token flood.
I want you to look at those too first-draft fairly optimized decks. Take a really good look. I want you to count the number of cards that are in both decks.
Now, I want you to do this exercise: guess how many cards in the lotus ramp deck can go in the wishclaw deck, and how many cards from the wishclaw deck can go in the lotus ramp deck.
Tell me your answer, and we'll see if you're right.
5 months ago
Stop the presses!
Public service announcement: infinite land ETBs available for the easy price of:
Stack the triggers so that the Bounce Land returns to hand, the token ETBs from the landfall trigger (from the Bounce Land), and then the Kodama trigger resolves from the token entering the battlefield (CMC 0) allowing you to put a CMC 0 permanent (the Bounce Land you returned to hand) onto the battlefield to start the loop again. The beauty is that this can be stopped at any time.
Unfortunately you can't gain infinite mana without an Amulet of Vigor or Lotus Cobra but this is a big step for the deck. Probably not the most timely seeing as this has probably been out in the open for a while now but it's a chance to look over the focus of the deck and possibly look at adding more tutor or creature tutor effects to try and bring out Kodama of the East Tree or potentially try to find ways to cheat it out as quickly as possible.
Things to be excited for:
- Infinite zombies with Field of the Dead + five other differently named land (not counting the field and the bounce land here of course),
- Infinite Scute Swarm,
- Ability to trigger Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and infinite number of times w/ Prismatic Omen or Dryad of the Ilysian Grove,
- Dread Presence going bananas with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (moreso than usual),
- Dab hard with infinite clues from Tireless Tracker (not game winning, just to show off),
Things to be careful of though: Valakut Exploration may cause you to exile your entire deck if you go too deep, but you should be winning on the turn you go off, but don't go for it unless you have the mana to do it.
Either way, Kodama of the East Tree is making its way into this deck. Main thing will be finding the optimal strategy/timing to go off, and how much of a pain it will be to stack the triggers outside of paper magic. Protecting the Kodama will be key to the strategy.
Part of the power is the many ways you can find/play the bouncelands in this deck. I'm still not convinced Rakdos Carnarium is worth it because of the slow mana and colour fixing, two bouncelands should do with the number of tutors, but the question will be whether it is worth it for the MILL value, the chance that you might just flip it into the graveyard and play it from there to go off. Either way it will require some deep thought on how to best balance out this new horizon of potential for Lord Windgrace.
5 months ago
Hello, I have some suggestions for you. I don't know how cEDH competitive you want the deck to be but some of these are great cards:
Zendikar's Roil is an extremely baby version of Omnath, Locus of Rage and will produce elementals that will trigger the damage ability.
Springbloom Druid: It may only net you 1 land but it causes 2 landfall triggers when it ETBs.
Fertilid: Can also create 2 landfall triggers in the same turn. It's also an elemental for an Omnath trigger when it dies.
Ulvenwald Tracker: Repeatable fight activations is amazing. Especially if you get token creatures you don't mind losing.
Migration Path: Puts 2 lands into play tapped. And can cycle though for this deck that isnt any real value until very late game. Another good ramp card you may want to consider.
Myriad Landscape: Puts 2 lands into play from your library for more triggers.
Yavimaya Elder: Gets two lands into hand and can sac for a card draw.
Beast Within: Strict upgrade removal card. Would be better than your artifact/enchantment removal cards. And you don't care if someone gets a 3/3 given your decklist.
Kazuul's Fury Flip: The new Fling!
Vastwood Surge: Can get you both mountains and forests. The kicker is nice if it happens.
Journey of Discovery: Good modal card depending on how far the game has gone.
Perilous Forays: Provides a sacrifice outlet if needed for creatures and turns token/unneeded creatures into more land.
5 months ago
And... beefy elemetals without Grand Daddy Omnath, Locus of Rage. I bet he would love to find a home in your deck. Could be a boardwipe-protection by itself in your deck!
6 months ago
Both creatures aren't Sea-Cretures even though Risen Reef has a fitting name and artwork. But i noticed a lack of synergy because it only goes of with Zendikar's Roil as i counted only 3 other elementals. Parcelbeast could provide more value (Carddraw/Landfalltrigger). In the best case i can mutate it turn 2 onto Lotus Cobra or another smaller creature later. What do you think?
7 months ago
8 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.