Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 green Elemental creature token.
|Want (3)||AvarkusMagic , Deviconus , PhynX|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Zendikar's Roil occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Zendikar's Roil Discussion
1 week ago
Hello, I have some suggestions for you. I don't know how cEDH competitive you want the deck to be but some of these are great cards:
Zendikar's Roil is an extremely baby version of Omnath, Locus of Rage and will produce elementals that will trigger the damage ability.
Springbloom Druid: It may only net you 1 land but it causes 2 landfall triggers when it ETBs.
Fertilid: Can also create 2 landfall triggers in the same turn. It's also an elemental for an Omnath trigger when it dies.
Ulvenwald Tracker: Repeatable fight activations is amazing. Especially if you get token creatures you don't mind losing.
Migration Path: Puts 2 lands into play tapped. And can cycle though for this deck that isnt any real value until very late game. Another good ramp card you may want to consider.
Myriad Landscape: Puts 2 lands into play from your library for more triggers.
Yavimaya Elder: Gets two lands into hand and can sac for a card draw.
Beast Within: Strict upgrade removal card. Would be better than your artifact/enchantment removal cards. And you don't care if someone gets a 3/3 given your decklist.
Kazuul's Fury Flip: The new Fling!
Vastwood Surge: Can get you both mountains and forests. The kicker is nice if it happens.
Journey of Discovery: Good modal card depending on how far the game has gone.
Perilous Forays: Provides a sacrifice outlet if needed for creatures and turns token/unneeded creatures into more land.
2 weeks ago
And... beefy elemetals without Grand Daddy Omnath, Locus of Rage. I bet he would love to find a home in your deck. Could be a boardwipe-protection by itself in your deck!
1 month ago
Both creatures aren't Sea-Cretures even though Risen Reef has a fitting name and artwork. But i noticed a lack of synergy because it only goes of with Zendikar's Roil as i counted only 3 other elementals. Parcelbeast could provide more value (Carddraw/Landfalltrigger). In the best case i can mutate it turn 2 onto Lotus Cobra or another smaller creature later. What do you think?
2 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Hey, good creation and nice Secret Lair Blightsteel :)
You should consider buying the new Zendikar Rising Commander Land's Wrath precon. In the $20 precon are several cards that can improve your deck:
- Omnath, Locus of Rage: finisher, repeatable Elemental tokens with landfall.
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable Elemental tokens with landfall.
- Arcane Signet: two drop Rainbow mana rock.
- Mina and Denn, Wildborn: play an additional land on your turn and return a land to give Omnath trample.
- Admonition Angel: repeatable exile opponent permanents with landfall.
- Obuun, Mul Daya Ancestor: repeatable +1/+1 counters with landfall.
- Waker of the Wilds: mana sink to turn lands into Elementals.
- Emeria Shepherd: recur or reanimate permanents with landfall.
- Evolution Sage: repeatable proliferate with landfall which is good with +1/+1 counters.
- Harrow: land ramp, puts two lands onto the battlefield to trigger Omnath and landfall.
- Kodama's Reach: land ramp.
- Return of the Wildspeaker: draw.
- Inspiring Call: protection and draw.
- Myriad Landscape
- Naya Panorama
This is a casual budget Elemental interaction, Risen triggers whenever any Elemental you control ETB which includes tokens. If you reveal a land with Risen then you put it onto the battlefield and create another Elemental which triggers Risen again. This can be a lot of card advantage with Elementals.
Another budget Elemental interaction that uses +1/+1 counters. Ancient is a good card for counters in multiplayer Commander because it triggers whenever any player casts a spell. The mana that Omnath makes can be used to activate Marath and you can keep doing this as long as you can keep putting counters on Marath. Omnath, Locus of the Roil, Obuun, Mul Daya Ancestor, Felidar Retreat, Evolution Sage can all be repeatable sources of counters onto Marath with landfall.
Some budget lands to consider adding to improve the manabase:
- Exotic Orchard
- Jungle Shrine
- Mystic Monastery
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, mana sink to give Omnath pump and trample.
- Yavimaya Coast
- Battlefield Forge
- Shivan Reef
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Prairie Stream
The Pain lands: Coast, Forge, Reef you pay 1 life to make colored mana, but that's fine in 40 life Commander and since Omnath is a life gaining engine with landfall. Can get these lands for less than $1 each. The Battle lands: Glade, Vista, Stream would help the manabase since they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and you can get them for less than $2 each.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
Temur Sabertooth can go infinite with Dockside Extortionist, so it might be a good add, as redundancy for Emiel the Blessed. Felidar Retreat is better than cards that didn't make the cut, such as Zendikar's Roil and Retreat to Emeria. It seems worth a shot. Conclave Mentor is another Hardened Scales effect, but does cost twice the mana. I'm not sure what any cuts are, as this list looks pretty tight; I'm just tossing out a few ideas that seem worth considering.
3 months ago
Update 17th of September:
I replaced this for "Spoiler" Rampaging Baloths as this one gives me ETB tokens which I can pump as I need it.
2. Ancient GreenwardenTwo Landfall triggers in addition to playing lands out of your graveyard? 6 mana is huge, though worth the costs.
3. Tunneling Geopede: I honstely underestimated the power of this guy. One damage for each landfall trigger adds up and can close out games out of nowhere.
4. Moraug, Fury of Akoum. A powerhouse when it gets rolling. We are winning games with this, if unanswered.
5. Felidar Retreat: This card surprised me a lot in playtesting. Not only is it better than Zendikar's Roil but it is also more versatile at is gains us an overrun-esque effect.
6. Rude Awakening: I earlier removed this card from my deck, due to it feeling like a win more card, though I realized that I was too greedy and only wanted to use this card for its entwine costs.
After more testing it feels more like a better Mirari's Wake due to its versatility. More mana? No Problem. Trying to finish? No Problem. Trying to finish, but need just a bit more mana? No Problem.
2. Coiling Oracle: Too often a swing and a miss. Not necessarily bad, but was not convinced from this one anymore.
3. Ghostly Flicker: Not sure about this one, as it is additional protection and can benefit mana if blinking Gaea's Cradle.
Will see how it pans out and if cutting it was a mistake. 4. Ramunap Excavator: Exchanged for Ancient Greenwarden. Also not sure about this one, as it ensures early land drops. Though, do not have problems with this early on most of the time.
5. Rampaging Baloths: Cutted for Phylath, World Sculptor as it benefits my deckstyle more.
6. Dig Through Time: Were not able to cast this card for its delve costs most of the time, as lands in the graveyard are often more valuable than in other decks.