Creature — Elf Scout
When Wood Elves enters the battlefield, search your library for a Forest card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Wood Elves occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Wood Elves Discussion
4 days ago
Ziabo I'm still in my draft phase lol, but with the mana ramps I hope it won't be an issue. I got a total of 17 mana ramps. My thoughts are if I can get a good counter off Mana Drain , Plasm Capture , and Spell Swindle to hit a boost for my mana ramp or big spells that have big board impact. Some cool synergy I'm going for is Awakening Zone with Sakura-Tribe Elder or Wood Elves with Esix on the board.
1 week ago
God-Eternal Oketra > Oketra the True Wood Elves > Sad Robot Nature's Lore > Rampant Growth Migration Path > Explosive Vegetation Scute Swarm > Entreat the Angels Other general cards to consider: Aura Fracture , Cryptic Caves , Dust Bowl (or any strip mine/wasteland/etc), Elvish Reclaimer
1 week ago
Binding the Old Gods isn't good removal cause it doesn't have the benefit of being instant speed or being a creature you can reanimate. It also takes a whole turn rotation to ramp you one forest that you can't even use that turn.
Moldervine Reclamation is 5 mana for a draw engine which is kinda expensive. Your decks goal doesn't seem to be aristocrats, rather bringing back a bunch of lower power creatures with good effects or are actually thicc. In this case, you don't have good fodder to make this card work.
- Collective Effort is kinda bad all around. it's removal is conditional and slow and you can only pick the +1/+1 option once so it can't make your men big.
- Beast Whisperer same kinda think with moldervine. You are going to cast creatures on occasion, but what you really want is card draw when creatures etb so you can fill your hand after mutating Nethroi. It's decent in the early game, but etb draw is better for you in both the early and late game.
- Wayfarer's Bauble . You are in green and there's better creature ramp that doesn't cost $4.
- Eternal Witness . good recursion outside of nethroi and allows you to get important non-creatures back when recurring.
- Wood Elves . better than binding of the old gods for ramp in almost every way. It's creature based, non basic forest finding and the land doesn't enter tapped.
- Springbloom Druid . like harrow, but on a creature. keep both if you want though.
- Tortured Existence . Even though it's an enchantment, it's cheap and allows you to surprise your opponents with something from you hand and otherwise you can just trade creatures for whatever you need at the time.
- Grim Haruspex . Decent card draw that give you some benefit if your board gets wiped.
2 weeks ago
I’d drop some of the more expensive tap ETB effect such as Frost Titan or Icefall Regent , as well as Sakura-Tribe Elder and Cultivate . In their place, you could add more creatures with ETB ramp effects (especially if you want to run such few lands).
Last thing i’d suggest is raising lands to 32-33. I’m notorious for playing few lands compared to other people, but this deck needs more low cost ramp and card draw to make that viable.
Hope this was helpful. Have fun!
2 weeks ago
Wood Elves makes more sense in a two-color deck.
Renegade Doppelganger can be used to make one of your opponents waste a kill spell or just lose the game because you pull out so much value.
Baral's Expertise can be abused easily in your deck, it's also a very good control card.
2 weeks ago
I would look at Seaside Citadel over another tapland.
Any thoughts about mana dorks over the 0 drops? I would feel a starting hand with Avacyn's Pilgrim and Llanowar Elves , Elvish Mystic , Fyndhorn Elves would feel a lot better than starting with memnite and Ornithopter... but just a thought.
In fact, there are lots more creature ramp you could run, downside is susceptibleto boardwipes. Up to you to decide if the synergy is worth running
over some of your signets.
Heck you could even consider Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf over sorcery ramps.
Also Fierce Empath is a great way to tutor your bane of progress, and Seasons Past is a great way to recur your creature cards after a boardwipe. And you can cast them again for more value!!
Just some ideas, cheers and have fun.
3 weeks ago
Boy Howdy, that's a LOT of land! Your commander does scale with the amount of land you have in play, but I don't see a lot of interaction with opponents in the deck or card draw. So consider this: I agree that you'd probably want to play a bit more lands than in a typical EDH deck, but I could try to aim for somewhere around 40 lands. That way you still hit your land drops into the late game AND you reduce the risk of durdling into lands when you need action late game.
In terms of early interaction, I can see this deck being flooded by decks that go wide. So something like Hurricane may help, as it can even double as a wincon late game. Beast Within is a decent catchall answer for problem creatures. Terastodon and Bane of Progress are late game threats that sweep the board and can hinder opponents if ramped out early. Wood Elves is another just general green staple that ramps you at 3 cmc.
Also consider things that can give your creature deathtouch. With Deathtouch and Trample, 1 damage is enough to be considered lethal to any individual blocking creature, making the rest of the damage spill over. With your commander having the potential to be in the stratosphere with attack, it'd be a headache to block in combat. Basilisk Collar Gorgon's Head and Quietus Spike pair extremely well with your commander!
Also, just a recommendation, if you go more with a landfall theme, some of the fetch lands or things like Evolving Wild are ways to get multiple land drops per turn and thin the deck out a bit!
Good luck beating down some commander players!