Creature — Cleric
You may play land cards from your graveyard.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ramunap Excavator Discussion
1 week ago
Ramunap Excavator - Redundancy
Where is your draw power?
Zendikar's Roil - Too slow, I prefer field of the dead as its not taking up a slot and is better IMO since its harder to be destroyed
maybe a Rishkar's Expertise ?
2 weeks ago
Also just a heads up Anointed Procession isn't in your commander's color identity.
1 month ago
Hey there! Here are some suggestions you might like:
- Animist's Awakening (allows for a ton of landfall triggers)
- Boundless Realms (tons of landfall triggers again
- Courser of Kruphix (lifegain, more triggers, hitting landdrops)
- Sacred Foundry : Consitency, powerful, and good with fetches mentioned later
- Elfhame Sanctuary (hit landrops more often, more guaranteed landfall triggers if you prefer lands that turn, so you don't have to just hope you draw a land)
- Mountain Valley / Grasslands (more fetches in your colors, gives you double landfall triggers since the fetch and land you fetch for both cause one, can search for shocks like Temple Garden , good with lotus cobra)
- Flood Plain / Rocky Tar Pit (fetch lands that provide 2 landfall triggers, and while not both are in colors you can search for shocks and thus get any color you want from them, as for example if you had flood plain, you could use that to search for Temple Garden or Sacred Foundry , good with lotus cobra)
- Emergent Sequence (ramp, landfall triggers, synergizes with cards that allow multiple landrops per turn)
- Reshape the Earth (insane amount of landfall triggers, can be a win-con)
- Explore : ramp, more landfall triggers
- Ramunap Excavator / Crucible of Worlds / Wrenn and Six (last two may be high budget but all allow you to play fetch land from your graveyard continuously giving guaranteed 2 landfall triggers per turn with just 1 fetch)
- Nature's Lore (can search for shocks, comes in untapped, landfall trigger)
- Bear Umbra (untap, replay, Obunn protection + buff)
- Bloom Tender (adds 3 mana with Obunn out)
- Burgeoning / Exploration (more lands so more landfall triggers, up to 4 lands our turn 2)
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove (play more lands, add any colors)
- Land Tax (guaranteed lands in hand to play, costs little mana)
- Mirari's Wake (buffs, great if you can make your lands creatures, doubles mana)
- Scapeshift (insane amount of landrops)
Hope this helps! Good luck on your deck and have a wonderful day! Feel free to check out some of my decks.
1 month ago
Hey, for a first deck this is well done on a budget. Nice Foothills Expedition :)
Ask yourself do you need Elemental tribal with Omnath? My advice will hopefully give you ideas of how you can make upgrades with Omnath by getting away from the tribal theme. Omnath by himself is an Elemental engine, creating Elementals with landfall. Focus more on ramp and landfall for Omnath as your main source of Elementals, not other Elemental creatures.
The cards you cast before Omnath should help you to cast Omnath which will do a lot more for gameplay then casting some Elementals before him. Still play some Elementals such as Ashaya, Soul of the Wild and Bane of Progress , but play these because they're good cards not because they're Elementals. Elementals such as Creeping Trailblazer and Lavakin Brawler aren't good enough even with Elemental synergy.
Cards in the early game you want to cast are ramp.
- Sol Ring
- Lotus Cobra
- Orcish Lumberjack
- Tireless Provisioner : Modern Horizons 2 card, landfall to create treasures.
- Farseek : can search for a Mountain dual land such as Cinder Glade or Highland Forest .
- Llanowar Scout
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Harrow : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Roiling Regrowth : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Springbloom Druid : trigger landfall twice.
- Stone-Seeder Hierophant
Lotus Cobra , Tireless Provisioner and Stone-Seeder Hierophant are important budget cards because of landfall which makes them combo with Perilous Forays + Omnath to repeatedly pay for the sac activation of Forays.
Ramunap Excavator , Mina and Denn, Wildborn and Moraug, Fury of Akoum are good budget support cards who are not Elementals; they're support comes from interactions with lands. Excavator lets you play lands from your graveyard which is excellent with Fetch lands for landfall: Foothills, Passage, Wilds, Expanse, Myriad Landscape , Naya Panorama , Jund Panorama . Excavator makes cards that make you sac a land when you cast them better since you can then play the land you saced from your graveyard. Excavator is also good with Valakut Exploration which is landfall for card advantage or damage to all opponents.
Wildborn lets you play another land on your turn and it also has an ability to bounce a land you control to give Omnath trample. Moraug can be a win condition with landfall giving you extra combat steps to attack with Omnath and 5/5 Elementals. You get an extra combat step after a main phase for each landfall trigger.
If you're interested in these suggestions then I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
darklord1135, short answer is 35 is enough and if you want to take advantage of Exploration and cards like it, you lean towards having Crucible of Worlds / Ramunap Excavator / Ancient Greenwarden to continually use fetch lands to play additional lands.
3 months ago
Hello , i see that you are missing a lot of protection for Muldrotha and have a lot of ramp spell that will not be useful in your graveyard later on. Here some suggestions for you if you want to explore other avenue.
Protection: Command Beacon - It will ensure you can always cast muldrotha for cheap. Bojuka Bog - very important to interact with your opponent graveyards, if not needed cycle it and use it later if needed.
Lightning Greaves For me its a no brainer especially how much muldrotha cost to cast we need to help him..or her staying on the board.
Spore Frog is just amazing if you are in a playgroup that go to combat a lot your just dont care sac spore frog everytime and recast it on your next turn for a huge shield... if you playgroup dont use combat a lot leave it out.
Elephant Grass Is also very good to keep you safe while you are building up your board. Dont want to pay the cumulative upkeep, sac it and replay it again :)
Glen Elendra Archmage is also going to disturbed your opponent plans when its on the board and I pair her with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed so she always come back without me having to recast her, and Mikaeus is just awesome in this deck.
Im Testing and trying Lilting Refrain for counter spell which seemed a good deterrent like Glen Elendra and it can be reutilized.
Ramp You are using a lot of sorceries for this category, I was doing the same before and felt that these card had no value on the long run.
I now use a different approach on ramp. I use milling and I play cards like Ramunap Excavator , Dryad of the Ilysian Grove , Springbloom Druid (should replace cultivate), my favorite is World Shaper (instead of your splendid reclamation) and sac it for massive boost, same for The Mending of Dominaria it just feed your grave and have a massive outcome + they can be replayed later by your cmdr.
I would play 1 or 2 drop mana dorks over ramping sorceries for sure. The only sorcery I really suggest is Life from the Loam so good to feed your graveyard or get your land back if needed.
Self mill: Jace, Memory Adept will do better than Beleren , pair this with Syr Konrad, the Grim and other mill option ... let me know in your reply if you would like this avenue a have a few good cards that can help.
Ohter: Fleshbag Marauder is a good effect, but you can have more versatile and mana efficient creatures which are also cheap: Demon's Disciple and Plaguecrafter both are an auto include when repeated over and over they are very nasty.
Hostage Taker is very very fun .
I can go on an on on card that will benefit your deck , what I would say check to replace your instant and sorceries with permanents that will benefit you during the entire game.
Let me know what you think and what you will change I can then help you tweaking a few more things.
3 months ago
Love the deck! I built a very similar one a few months ago that I am refining as well. A fun combo I recently added in is Dark Depths Which plays well with your vampire hexmage to make 20/20 flying indestructible spaghetti monsters. It wont replace your beloved obliterator but it might help. I also added some land recursion like Crucible of Worlds and Ramunap Excavator
4 months ago
Now that I think of it, if you've got anything that can fetch one, and you're already running Field of the Dead , it might not be a bad idea to run a single Wastes as another differently named basic land you can tutor up/fetch.
If you want some budget ramp options that can do some work, Dreamscape Artist is criminally underrated in non-infinite Tatyova, where it's a blue Harrow on a stick, which is insanely good in Tatyova landfall. Similarly, Silverglade Pathfinder is quite reasonable, as is Parcelbeast . None of these require a high land count to be useful cards, and with your untap effects they get even better. Dreamscape is nearly free to use, as long as you've still got lands in deck (and can discard a card).
I would consider more Moonfolk, maybe Soratami Mirror-Mage . It is a shock to opponents when they see you use it, it is pretty janky looking. The effect is pretty strong, and if you can cheat lands into play, it can be a free bounce effect (super strong with Retreat to Coralhelm based combo). Even if you can't cheat lands in, instant speed bounce is really strong. Also strong and an honourary Moonfolk is Trade Routes , which can nab landfalls or dig if you're desperate. The dig ability is a huge pay off when you need it, and if you've got a Ramunap Excavator type card out you are in good shape indeed.
Very cool deck, fun to play around with!