Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated. That creature's controller creates a 3/3 green Frog Lizard creature token.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Rapid Hybridization Discussion
3 days ago
1 week ago
Hello KyleWynne22! Thank you for the comment!
I know this is kind of a shitty answer, but I would say the cards you ask for are very situational and meta-dependent.
- Burgeoning - I will be completely honest, I do not really like this card because we only run 28 lands in the deck. The only reason I'd ever really consider it would be because it's a 1cmc enchantment. It would be a different story if we were running say, 36 lands in the deck as you're more likely to be able to make use of it.
- Karmic Justice - Another card I'm rather iffy on. The main reason I don't particularly care for it is because most of the removal in my meta is creature based, such as Swords to Plowshares, Deadly Rollick, Unsummon, or Rapid Hybridization. You might could get away with cutting Manglehorn for it, as all it does is really add redundancy to the artifact hate we already run, such as Stony Silence and Collector Ouphe.
- Smothering Tithe - The main reason I don't run this is we run a bunch of things that shut down the activated abilities of artifacts, such as Collector Ouphe, Stony Silence, Root Maze, and I'm even considering adding a Null Rod for even more redundancy. All of these do not allow the treasure tokens to be used. If you absolutely wanted to use Smothering Tithe, I'd say probably _maybe_ replace one of the aforementioned anti-artifact cards, but we generate enough mana with things like Sanctum Weaver or even Cryptolith Rite I feel as if Smothering Tithe is completely unnecessary.
- Sylvan Library - This is probably the easiest of the bunch you asked about for me to justify including. I'd cut Ground Seal, as really the only reason I run it is due to the fact it draws a card itself upon ETB. The graveyard hate is negligible, as we run Rest in Peace for that. Really only reason I don't run it is due to the fact I don't have one and can't be bothered to go track one down.
Hopefully this answered your questions! If you have any more, or need help building your list, feel free to ask!
2 weeks ago
Ok, so the deck obviously isn't perfect, but I like the idea and most of your choices. It seems well powered for the kitchen table. Looking at the P/T of your creatures, you should really try High Alert instead of some of your one-ofs.
I'm playing a similar strategy in my turtle deck, and a card I really like the is Rapid Hybridization. The token won't matter most of the time as it'll usually be too small to survive your creatures.
3 weeks ago
Looking for more cards like Kenrith's Transformation for my wonky transmog deck
so far I have Beast Within, Dance of the Skywise,Gift of Tusks,Mordenkainen's Polymorph,Ovinize,Polymorphist's Jest,Pongify,Rampage of the Clans,Rapid Hybridization,Snakeform,Startling Development,Turn to Frog,Frogify,Ichthyomorphosis,Lignify,Curse of the Swine,Transmogrifying Wand,Oko, Thief of Crowns and Terastodon in my main deck and
Here's a Link to my deck in case you need it Transforming Oneself . PS. if you think of clever or funny name for this let know as well
3 weeks ago
I've got an Urza deck of my own, and I prefer having something like Thassa's Oracle or Jace, Wielder of Mysteries in order to win on the spot once you exile your entire library with infinite mana. Monoblue has no lack of card draw spells so this is more nitpicky than anything, but Jace or the Oracle can win with just themselves once you've emptied your library instead of having to cast Lab Man then cast a draw spell. I also enjoy Karn, the Great Creator to slow your opponents' ramp down or lock them out of the game with Mycosynth Lattice, kill their 0-drop rocks by animating them into 0/0s, or return a vital artifact combo piece from exile if needed. And since you're running Rings of Brighthearth already, you might like the Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth combo to generate infinite colorless mana, then you can use that colorless to generate infinite blue by tapping the Monolith for U instead of CCC if you need to cast stuff from your hand.
I also couldn't help but notice that you aren't running anything particularly cruel like Tsabo's Web (which doesn't care if it's tapped or untapped), Static Orb or Winter Orb which you can tap for mana on the end step before your turn to be unaffected by them, or Back to Basics. And you seem to be lacking some removal spells for on-board problems - some good ones to possibly consider are Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, Ravenform, Reality Shift, and Imprisoned in the Moon.
1 month ago
Hey, interesting strategy on a budget using Saproling tokens from Fugus to trigger Esix.
Fugus need spore counters to make Saps; more repeatable proliferate from Evolution Sage can help just by playing a land. Landfall also from Tireless Provisioner can trigger Esix just by playing a land. It's ramp with treasures and treasures are tokens.
Neoform is sac any two drop creature to tutor for and cheat Biovisionary onto the battlefield or sac a four drop and tutor for Mycoloth. Scatter the Seeds can create three Sap tokens at one time for Biovisionary + Esix and all creatures as well as creature tokens you control can help to cast Scatter with convoke.
Beast Within, Rapid Hybridization, Pongify are instant removal spells that create a token creature after destroying. They can be used against an opponent or destroy your own permanent to trigger Esix.
Timeless Witness can recur any card; it's a budget creature to make a copy of and when it's in your graveyard you can choose to embalm it to create a token of Witness. Card recursion is one area your deck currently lacks.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Commander's Sphere
- Fractal Harness: four mana to make a 1/1 token and then you have pay more mana to equip it.
- Mold Shambler: is too much mana for what it does and if you copy it you don't get it's enter the battlefield ability because you can't pay kicker when you copy.
- Roalesk, Apex Hybrid: has to die to proliferate and that makes it slow.
- Mercurial Transformation
- Gaea's Anthem: this small anthem effect isn't going to help much.
- Sporecrown Thallid: this small anthem effect isn't going to help much.
- Rites of Flourishing: helps your opponents more than you especially the turn you play it where you don't get the draw, but then each opponent's next turn they draw two cards.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Drannith was printed largely to fight companions, the commander angle was an incidental plus.
Here's the thing. It dies to Lightning Bolt , Path to Exile , Swords to Plowshares , Rapid Hybridization , Pongify , Ulcerate , Fatal Push , every wrath, doomblade effect, Oring effect . . . honestly, it doesn't die to Shock , Dead Weight and Gut Shot . It's so easy to kill it's not even funny.
And it doesn't do anything if it immediately gets killed. Hullbreacher was flashed in in response to a wheel, which would mean that the Breacher owner's hand is full, and they have 20ish treasures, and everyone else gets nothing. It has to get answered immediately or else it provides tons of value. Drannith can honestly be answered at the table's leisure, it doesn't provide any value until somebody wants to cast their commander. That is outside of hardlocks, of course.
It's annoying, yes, but unless someone wants to Knowledge Pool lock, and that's really only acceptable in cEDH, it's not a problem. If your deck can't function without your commander, you need to rebuild. If you can't draw a removal spell, run more removal or more card draw.
2 months ago
So I'll assume Phase Dolphin and Mistford River Turtle are to slow for Pioneer? Another card that might be useful is Dive Down . Question: Is Rapid Hybridization pioneer legal? If not, you could consider Generous Gift as a very versatile removal spell. The 3/3 won't be a problem since all of your creatures will overpower them easily.