Simic Growth Chamber
Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield tapped.
When Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Want (2)||sempfcj06 , kinghappo|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Simic Growth Chamber occurrence in decks from the last year
- Root Maze, Karoo Land, and Amulet of Vigor interaction
- Prismatic Omen with Bounce lands
- Scapeshift, amulet of vigor, and bounce lands
- Does Contamination nullify the abilities of Crypt Ghast and Nirkana Revenant?
- Is discarding your hand part of the resolution of Manabond's ability or does it replace the discard effect during your end step?
Latest Decks as Commander
Simic Growth Chamber Discussion
multimedia on Aesi
3 days ago
Hey, well done on a budget upgrading a precon for a first Commander deck.
There's some cards in the precon to consider adding:
Meloku the Clouded Mirror : one of the better budget cards with Aesi because it can bounce lands you control. It can be a repeatable source of flying tokens, landfall triggers or best of all draw with Aesi.
Spitting Image : can copy any creature on the battlefield including an opponents creature. Retrace is the reason to include this because by discarding a land you can cast it again from your graveyard and keep doing this as long as you have a land in your hand to discard.
With Murkfiend Liege and Retreat to Coralhelm you can take advantage of Llanowar Scout and Zimone, Quandrix Prodigy who can tap to put a land onto the battlefield. This interaction if you have lands in your hand lets you trigger Aesi on your opponents turns. Can also abuse this interaction with Simic Growth Chamber or Guildless Commons because these lands can bounce themselves back to your hand. Either one lets you trigger Aesi and draw a card on each opponents turn.
Some other cards $1 or less each to consider adding:
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Talisman of Curiosity : another two drop Simic mana rock.
- Harrow : gets two basic lands at instant speed and they ETB untapped.
- Roiling Regrowth
- Brainstorm : staple blue card, draw three for one mana.
- Zephyr Boots : flying evasion for Aesi and repeatable draw.
- Decisive Denial
Some other budget lands $1 or less each to consider:
If interested I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Heyoo, hope you don't find this weird. I was bored and just looking through the decklist you sent me 5ever ago. I had some thoughts on cards you might want to consider, just food for thought.
Overwhelming Stampede - awesome sorc, and you normally have at least 1 stupidly massive creature. 3 to 4 dollars.
Zendikar Resurgent - double your mana, draw cards for playing creatures, 4 bucks.
Stonecoil Serpent - not a hydra, but an X spell for you to double counters on later with vorel. I have one of these that you can just have, its like 4 or 5 bucks.
Courage in Crisis - counter on a creature and a proliferate trigger for 3 mana, pretty solid. trash common card super cheap.
Invigorating Surge - another super cheap instant, doubles counters similar to vorel's ability.
Solidarity of Heroes - same effect, more double trouble ;).
Inexorable Tide - proliferate whenever you cast a spell... pretty OP. 5 bucks.
Increasing Savagery - wowsa, that's a lot of counters, and ONLY A DOLLAR. nasty.
Bred for the Hunt - Draw cards for creatures with counters dealing dmg, cheap too.
Rampant Growth - great counterspell in these colors, worth considering since you cast really expensive spells. 1 doll hair.
Lazotep Plating - you probably have 10 of these lying around. way to protect your shiz.
Beast Within - staple removal in green.
Zameck Guildmage card draw dawg, card draw for counters. tight tight tight.
Its practically hydra tribal, get yo'self a Coat of Arms , I think you already have one in your binder.
If you decide to shell out on some cards, I think a few more expensive cards worth your while would be: Primal Vigor Branching Evolution Cyclonic Rift Rampant Growth - I have this in my Kenrith deck, its pretty great. Double Vorel's effectiveness with an equipment.
Alrighty, my rant is over.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hey, I would suggest adding a Simic Growth Chamber instead of Botanical Sanctum . Infinite card draw with aesi or tatyova. I also added a Cloudstone Curio because it enables infinite loops with kodama triggers
2 months ago
I see I was ninja'd. Here you go:
Nucleus of Infection
, Pay 1 life: Add
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may pay . If you do, each opponent gets five poison counters.
Play that and Simic Growth Chamber .
on Power nap
2 months ago
I most certainly can! Archelos is super cool and can really warp a landbase, as now you can include so many tap lands that normally aren't too powerful, not only giving you that sort of ability but also making the land base WAY cheaper! You also have to think about the lands BEFORE you put our Archelos though, and so I'd say a balance between better lands and tap lands are what you probably want to head towards. What you have so far looks wonderful, and certainly efficient, though again, you may want to include one cycle of a certain land, maybe Breeding Pool, Overgrown Tomb, and Watery Grave? These guys can help get Archelos out, but after he's out you won't necessarily have to take the shock damage from them which I'd say deserves them a good spot in the deck. Other ones that aren't necessary but could be worth considering are Hinterland Harbor, Woodland Cemetery, and Drowned Catacomb, since again they can come in untapped with Archelos and still be relatively good without him, and of course the bounce lands Simic Growth Chamber, Golgari Rot Farm, and Dimir Aqueduct, since they can get pretty powerful when they come in untapped. Since you have Fabled Passage, Evolving Wilds, and Terramorphic Expanse I'd say it's worth it to slot in a Ramunap Excavator or Crucible of Worlds, since you'd then get two landfall triggers per turn guaranteed, since you can continuously play the sac lands again and again. If this trick proves to be very helpful, you may want to consider slotting in more fetch lands like Prismatic Vista, Misty Rainforest, Verdant Catacombs, Polluted Delta, etc. Speaking of landfall triggers, I think Myriad Landscape would work AMAZING with Archelos, as not only would the Myriad come in untapped, but so would what it searches for, giving you three landfall triggers just off of that one card if you have two mana to spare. So honestly, I don't have too much to say about the lands, I think it's pretty solid at the moment though you may need to playtest a lot to know for sure, however, I did find a bunch of great cards that could work well with Archelos!
- Amulet of Vigor: If Archelos isn't out yet and you have a ton of tap lands, this guy could be of great use, especially for just a single mana.
- Root Maze: SUPER amazing card, this guy can tax everyone but you! On your upkeep untap archelos, have everything come in untapped, then tap him before your next turn and boom now everyone's artiafcts and lands come into played tapped for one mana besides yours.
- Coldsteel Heart: Basically a 2 mana, untapped mana rock with Archelos
- Cryptolith Fragment Flip: This guy can perform your goal of whittling away peoples health, as well as coming in untapped with Archelos. The flip side can also perform that whittling quite efficiently.
- Manascape Refractor: Comes in untapped- could be pretty fun to see how that works out!
- Arcane Signet: You should run this no matter what
- Orb of Dreams: Similar power and ability to root maze mentioned above, this can tax everyone else except you with Archelos
- Renegade Map: Basically 1 mana get a basic land if you have Archelos out
- Sphere of the Suns: Great with Archelos out and coming in untapped
- Terrarion: Seems pretty solid if it doesn't come in untapped
- Worn Powerstone: Like the rest, pretty sweet if it doesn't come in tapped and can be immediately used.
- Moss Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Sky Diamond: Untapped ability again
- Honor-Worn Shaku: Allows you to tap archelos and get something out of it
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth: It's amazing why not run it
- Retreat to Hagra: Can be a great way of slowly ruining your opponent's health, especially with the extra land triggers I mentioned before
- Stasis: If you already have the things you need to slowly remove your opponents health, this can pretty much ensure victory.
- Verity Circle: SUPER amazing if I'm understanding it correctly, basically whenever your opponents play a creature since it comes in tapped with Archelos you draw a card, and has the second ability if you are ever in need of it
- A great way to slowly get rid of your opponents health is with recurring triggers that happen every turn, such as curses. Here are some that I found: Trespasser's Curse, Torment of Scarabs, Cruel Reality, Curse of Thirst, and Curse of Fool's Wisdom
- ANY COMBO WITH RETREAT TO CORALHELM. Edhrec names 1000+ combos with this card, so I'd recommend looking through it and seeing if you find anything that would work if you haven't already!
That's all I have, sorry it probably wasn't too much regarding the lands, but I hope I gave you some good stuff to think about! I honestly love the deck it has a super cool theme, and seems like it could work very well! That said though, hope this helps, and have a wonderful day!
2 months ago
Are you intentionally avoiding infinite stuff? This deck feels like it wants a Deadeye Navigator to play with your Eternal Witness. If you do add that guy then a Simic Growth Chamber can be helpful with your existing Cloud of Faeries.
2 months ago
You're easiest way to mill your opponent is by simply getting two Kodama of the East Trees onto the field with your commanders alongside Ruin Crab then play a karoo land like your Simic Growth Chamber. To maximize the odds I'd add Hedron Crab and Guildless Commons for redundancy as well as tutors. I suggest Crop Rotation and Sylvan Scrying to find your lands and Chord of Calling and Defense of the Heart to find your crabs.