Simic Growth Chamber
Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield tapped.
When Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Want (2)||Rent_A_Zilla , Brianne|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica Allegiance: Guild Kits (GK2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Root Maze, Karoo Land, and Amulet of Vigor interaction
- Prismatic Omen with Bounce lands
- Scapeshift, amulet of vigor, and bounce lands
- Does Contamination nullify the abilities of Crypt Ghast and Nirkana Revenant?
- Is discarding your hand part of the resolution of Manabond's ability or does it replace the discard effect during your end step?
Latest Decks as Commander
Simic Growth Chamber Discussion
1 week ago
At first glance here are some recommendations I have that would fit right in: Avenger of Zendikar, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Dockside Extortionist, Parcelbeast, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Risen Reef, Tireless Tracker, Sakashima the Impostor, Spark Double, Wayward Swordtooth, Burgeoning, Sylvan Library, Valakut Exploration, Finale of Devastation, Finale of Revelation, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Amulet of Vigor, Ketria Triome, Raugrin Triome, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds a few bounce lands such as Gruul Turf, Selesnya Sanctuary, Simic Growth Chamber. I also would agree with and multimedia. Fetch lands and shock lands are crucial to have in this build, as well as having the tutors that have been recommended.
I feel like you are very light on draw, so a lot of my recommendations point to that. Mutate Parcelbeast on Scute Swarm with Risen Reef in play = insane draw. Play more land cards are always great to have in landfall decks. I didn’t suggest this, but you could add a sub theme of flicker effects to abuse Omnath, Locus of Creation landfall triggers. Clone cards that can copy Omnath and ignore legendary rule to use as a triggered ability doubler can have overwhelming results.
If I can provide anymore assistance, feel free to let me know. Good luck with your brew!
2 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Muldrotha.
Mystic Remora, Kaya's Ghostform, Siren Stormtamer, Crop Rotation are one drops to consider adding. These cards provide good value for only one mana. Muldrotha enchanted by Ghostform makes it difficult for your opponents to remove since it doesn't even go back to Command Zone when it dies or exiled.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Dismal Backwater
- Jungle Hollow
- Jwar Isle Refuge
- Thornwood Falls
- Traveler's Amulet
- Aligned Hedron Network
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, good upgrades of the precon. Interesting version with lots of creatures. I've been playing Kalamax on a budget since he was released and I personally prefer less creatures and more instants/sorceries. My version is very different than yours, but I have some suggestions of how you can improve your version.
Cards from the precon to consider adding:
Kessig Wolf Run is one of the better support lands with Kalamax since it can a repeatable source of trample. Getting both Run and Encampment or Settlement with Crop Rotation is nice. Run is a land upgrade for Sapseep Forest. Harrow is one of the better land ramp spells with Kalamax because you sac one land to search for four basic lands of your choice and put them onto the battlefield untapped. Getting the basic lands untapped gives you mana to cast a spell on an opponent's turn and that's really the strength of Kalamax. Harrow is better than Natural Connection.
Primal Empathy is a fine repeatable draw source since Kalamax is going to most likely be the biggest creature on the battlefield and if he isn't then put another counter on him to make him bigger. The three Bounce lands are good budget lands that are upgrades for Guildgates and Life lands (Rugged Highlands).
Some cards to consider adding:
- Narset's Reversal
- Shared Summons
- Wavebreak Hippocamp
- Cultivator's Caravan
- Sprite Dragon
- Paradise Druid
Narset's Reversal is powerful with Kalamax since it can be a repeatable instant. You can return the original Reversal back to your hand with the copy of Reversal that Kalamax makes and still get a copy of opponent's or your own instant/sorcery you first copied. The repeatable interaction is nice with Guttersnipe and other creatures who ping your opponents. Reversal could replace Volcanic Geyser.
Shared Summons is an instant creature tutor that can get any two different creatures. With Kalamax it can tutor for four different creatures. Summons could replace Whiplash Trap. Wavebreak Hippocamp could replace Lunar Mystic. It's one less mana and the draw is repeatable for no mana cost. Sprite Dragon is a upgrade for Spellgorger Weird. It's one less mana and has evasion flying to take more advantage of having a lot of counters.
Paradise Druid can tap to make any color of mana and can use this mana to cast any card. Paradise is a ramp upgrade for Vodalian Arcanist. Cultivator's Caravan is an upgrade for a three drop mana rock because of crew 3 which is a repeatable way at instant speed tap Kalamax.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hey, good start. Several nice cards here especially the tutors, but you've neglected the manabase in favor of everything else which is not good when playing five colors.
Some staple cards within the budget for five colors to consider adding:
- Mana Rocks: Sol Ring, Chromatic Lantern, Arcane Signet
- Lands: Command Tower, Cascading Cataracts, Exotic Orchard
- Draw: Mystic Remora
- Removal: Swords to Plowshares, Beast Within, Dovin's Veto
- Other: Lightning Greaves
Some cards that would go well with your version:
- Color fixing/ramp: Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
- Tutors: Idyllic Tutor, Crop Rotation, Eladamri's Call
- Eldrazi: Conduit of Ruin, All Is Dust
- Other: Mystic Forge
31 lands is not enough land for such a high avg. CMC of 5.4 and consistently needing one of each color to cast spells. This avg is however deceiving since you will be casting cards for five mana, but five mana is still a lot of mana to want to make consistently with only 31 lands. I suggest 36-38 lands and at least 12 sources of ramp to get the required color fixing you'll need for one of each color.
The main reason to add more lands/ramp is to help your deck function without Jodah. The second Jodah is on the battlefield he will be a target to be removed, for this reason you want to consistently count on him not being around to help with casting costs. Without Jodah this deck will struggle to function without more lands and ramp.
Shores, Promenade, Vestiage, Regular ETB tapped lands, Guildgates, Life lands and Bounce lands are all for low budget decks, but with a $400+ budget there's many better options.
The current manabase doesn't have any basic lands which is strange. At least one of each basic land is wanted. Bounce lands (Simic Growth Chamber) are fine on a budget if you include more basic lands, but they're too slow when the majority of the lands in the manabase will always ETB tapped. With a Bounce land you want to consistently be able to return a land to your hand that will ETB untapped since it can give you an actual advantage, but if you're returning a land that will ETB tapped then the advantage is gone.
You want to avoid playing lots of lands that will always ETB tapped. For five colors Triomes (Ketria Triome) and Tri lands (Frontier Bivouac) can be exceptions; both are better than Bounce lands. The prices of Triomes are displayed wrong; they're not $11 or more instead can get them for around $6 each at TCGPlayer. Tri and Triome lands making one of three different colors is worth the land ETB tapped for color fixing. Triomes are better especially Forest ones because they're three different land types meaning some land ramp spells such as Farseek can search for one of them and Nature's Lore/Skyshroud Claim can search for Forest ones.
I offer more help for the manabase. Would you like more help? Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Cool deck! These might interest you: Spark Double, Copy Enchantment, Clever Impersonator, Vedalken Mastermind (for reusing Estrid. can go infinite if you mask him), Overgrowth, Lotus Field (great aura target), Simic Growth Chamber, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery, Kiora's Follower, Chakram Retriever, Voyaging Satyr, Vizier of Tumbling Sands, Stone-Seeder Hierophant, Nessian Wanderer, Nature's Revolt
1 month ago
Hey, some base numbers to consider when starting out a three color casual Temur deck:
- 36 lands: Command Tower, Exotic Orchard
- 12 ramp sources: Simic/Izzet/Gruul Signets, Farseek
- 10 draw sources: Brainstorm, Coiling Oracle
- 8 removal/counterspells: Nature's Claim, Counterspell
- 5 tutors: Shared Summons, Prime Speaker Vannifar
Of course these numbers can be increased or decreased as you build the deck, but this is a good starting point with some cards to consider adding.
Any creatures or instant/sorceries you play think of them has having two additional mana in their mana costs that way you can get value from Riku. This means more creatures and instant/sorceries that are lower mana cost such as Coiling Oracle and Growth Spiral. Oracle and Spiral for two mana can help to get to five or more mana to cast Riku.
Legendary creatures are not the best with Riku because of the legendary rule. Only allowing you to have one card that's the same name in your control meaning you don't really want to copy a legendary creature with Riku. The token copy still triggers any ETB abilities, but then you remove the token copy and keep the original legendary creature.
Some budget win conditions with Riku
Biovisionary + one copy of Biovisionary + Twinflame
At beginning of your end step resolve the Biovisionary win the game trigger before the Twinflame exile tokens trigger which wins the game before the tokens are exiled. Biovisionary is also good with clones such as Phyrexian Metamorph. With Riku in your control get Biovisionary onto the battlefield, make a copy of it, clone it with Metamorph and make token copy of Metamorph gives you four Biovisionarys. Twinflame also combos with Dualcaster Mage for infinite Dualcasters who can attack with haste.
Ral, Storm Conduit + Fork Expansion / Explosion/Reverberate/Twincast
With Ral in your control cast a Fork, copy it with Riku. Let the copy resolve and then copy the original Fork still on the stack. Resolving the Fork copy then copying the original Fork makes a copy instant loop which does infinite damage to your opponents one at a time with Ral. These Forks are good with Riku outside the combo because for four mana you can copy an opponents spell twice. Forks are nice in multiplayer Commander where you have many opponents who are casting instant/sorceries you could copy.
Some of other cards $5 or less each that are good with Riku
- Mana dorks: Kiora's Follower, Paradise Druid
- Land ramp: Crop Rotation, Harrow
- Clones: Clever Impersonator, Progenitor Mimic
- Recursion: Eternal Witness, Regrowth
- Removal: Beast Within, Reclamation Sage
- Draw: Preordain, Serum Visions, Risen Reef
- Tutors: Chord of Calling, Signal the Clans
- Forks: Narset's Reversal can be a repeatable for four mana since the copy of Reversal can bounce the original Reversal back to your hand.
- Tri: Frontier Bivouac
- Fetch: Ash Barrens, Evolving Wilds
- Pain: Yavimaya Coast, Karplusan Forest, Shivan Reef
- Battle: Cinder Glade
- Bounce: Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, Gruul Turf
- Utility: Mystic Sanctuary, Kessig Wolf Run
- Check: Sulfur Falls, Rootbound Crag
More Expensive Lands
1 month ago
Retreat to Corelhelm + Simic Growth Chamber + a Skyshroud Ranger type effect equals drawing your entire deck potentially with tatyova in play Or you can play oboro, palace in the sky with Patron of the Moon