Simic Growth Chamber
This enters the battlefield tapped.
When this enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Root Maze, Karoo Land, and Amulet of Vigor interaction
- Prismatic Omen with Bounce lands
- Scapeshift, amulet of vigor, and bounce lands
- Does Contamination nullify the abilities of Crypt Ghast and Nirkana Revenant?
- Is discarding your hand part of the resolution of Manabond's ability or does it replace the discard effect during your end step?
Latest Decks as Commander
Simic Growth Chamber Discussion
1 week ago
There's a thing I do to improve my understanding of decks: I scroll down the list, stopping right before the commander, and then I try guessing who's the commander. Yours was pretty obvious either Tatyova or Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait . So as much as it might be evaluated as a "pile", it's streamlined in what it does, that's a good thing. I do play an Archelos, Lagoon Mystic list that's somewhat similar, so I see the power level here. Are you interested in an infinite combo that's super-cheap to include here? Try out Sakura-Tribe Scout / Llanowar Scout / the new lizard person from AFR and Retreat to Coralhelm / Tideforce Elemental and a way to bounce lands ( Simic Growth Chamber ?)
1 week ago
Hey, well done so far with a budget upgrade of the precon.
Meloku the Clouded Mirror would be good here because it can be a repeatable source of tokens for Twincasters as well as a landfall enabler. Pair Meloku with Kodama of the East Tree + a basic land for infinite 1/1 Illusions and infinite landfall at instant speed. Tap a basic land to pay to activate Meloku to return that basic land to your hand and create a 1/1 Illusion token that triggers Kodama. Put that basic land from hand onto the battlefield, tap it to activate Meloku and repeat. When the basic land returns to your hand from Meloku it's a new object that has no connection to the basic land that was previously on the battlefield thus Kodama doesn't recognize it as being put onto the battlefield with it's ability.
Kodama also combos with Rampaging Baloths + Simic Growth Chamber as the land enabler for infinite landfall for infinite 4/4 Beasts since Chamber can return itself back to your hand and Kodama can put it back onto the battlefield to repeat. Fierce Empath can search for Kodama or Rampaging and it's a creature to make a token copy of. Add Garruk's Uprising for a draw engine as well as trample source.
Champion of Lambholt cares about +1/+1 counters and she triggers whenever a creature token is created. She can get big quick which makes all creatures you control unblockable. Pair Lambholt with Spawnwrithe + Twincasters to make an out of control army of Spawnwrithes who when each does combat damage to an opponent makes two copies of itself which grows Lambholt. Giant Adephage could replace Spawnwrithe since they do the same thing just one is three mana and other is seven mana. Add Curiosity Crafter or Reconnaissance Mission for a draw engine.
Tireless Provisioner is a repeatable source of treasures making it good repeatable ramp since it has interaction with Twincasters. Mimic Vat is powerful repeatable token source in multiplayer Commander since you can imprint an opponent's creature who dies, but sadly the additional token that Twincaster makes also gets exiled.
Cackling Counterpart is an instant to create a token of a creature you control. Mystic Reflection can create many copies of a nonlegendary creature of your choice when a creature or many creatures at the same time ETB. Double Major can make a token copy of a creature if you cast it while that creature spell is on the stack.
Risen Reef is a creature you want to make a token copy of because each Risen triggers itself as well as all other Risens you control. With Twincasters and one Risen in your control, if you make a token copy of Risen then you get six Risen triggers since both token copies ETB at the same time and see each other. Each token sees each other when they ETB which is four triggers and each token Risen also triggers Risen already on the battlefield for two more triggers for a total of six Risen triggers.
If interested in any of these suggestions then I offer more advice including cuts to consider. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Vessiliana he goes infinite with Patron of the Moon with Archelos in play. pay 1 put with Patron put 2 lands in play untapped with archelos return to your hand with Meloku , make 2 tokens repeat. works with Simic Growth Chamber
1 month ago
Hey, nice job upgrading the precon on a budget. You've definitely done some research into good cards for +1/+1 counters.
Command Tower , Exotic Orchard are staple budget rainbow lands for multicolored decks in Commander. Path of Ancestry is a staple budget rainbow land for four or five colors or tribal. Opal Palace is good with Atraxa to cast her with it to put a +1/+1 counter on her so she can proliferate herself.
33 lands is low for a budget manabase. Consider adding 3 more Forest basic lands for 36 lands? Green is the primary color here and you don't have enough of it in the manabase. More Forests will help Sunpetal Grove and Woodland Cemetery . More basic lands means Prairie Stream and Canopy Vista can be added since they have interaction and can be search for with Farseek to improve ramp with color fixing.
The four Bounce lands ( Simic Growth Chamber ) are not good/too slow with your current manabase because there's too many lands that will always ETB (enter the battlefield) tapped especially the Vivid lands. Consider cutting the four Bounce lands? To help gameplay the Vivid lands, Tri lands, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and Path of Ancestry can be the only lands that always ETB tapped; that's 10 lands. The rest of the lands in the manabase could ETB untapped.
The budget Pain lands: Yavimaya Coast , Llanowar Wastes and Caves of Koilos ETB untapped and losing 1 life to tap for colored mana is nothing in 40 life Commander especially since Atraxa has lifelink.
Some manabase budget changes to consider:
- Add 3x more Forests
- 1x more Forest --> Selesnya Sanctuary
- 1x more Plains --> Azorius Chancery
- Command Tower --> Golgari Rot Farm
- Exotic Orchard --> Simic Growth Chamber
- Path of Ancestry --> Myriad Landscape
- Opal Palace --> Lonely Sandbar
- Llanowar Wastes --> Llanowar Reborn
- Yavimaya Coast --> Temple of Mystery
- Caves of Koilos --> Quandrix Campus
- Prairie Stream --> Lumbering Falls
- Canopy Vista --> Sungrass Prairie
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
1x Ash Barrens -> 1x Prismatic Vista
1x Bojuka Bog -> 1x Bojuka Bog
1x Command Tower -> 1x Command Tower
1x Darkwater Catacombs -> 1x Watery Grave
1x Dimir Aqueduct -> 1x Morphic Pool
1x Evolving Wilds -> 1x Fabled Passage
1x Exotic Orchard -> 1x Exotic Orchard
4x Forest -> 4x Forest
1x Foul Orchard -> 1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Golgari Rot Farm -> 1x Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
1x Ice Tunnel -> 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4x Island -> 4x Island
1x Jungle Hollow -> 1x Woodland Cemetery
1x Llanowar Wastes -> 1x Mana Confluence
1x Lumbering Falls -> 1x Rejuvenating Springs
1x Myriad Landscape -> 1x Misty Rainforest
1x Opulent Palace -> 1x Opulent Palace
1x Reliquary Tower -> 1x Reliquary Tower
1x Rimewood Falls -> 1x Rimewood Falls
1x Simic Growth Chamber -> 1x Breeding Pool
1x Sunken Hollow -> 1x Sunken Hollow
2x Swamp -> 2x Swamp
1x Terramorphic Expanse -> 1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Thornwood Falls -> 1x Zagoth Triome
1x Tidechannel Pathway -> 1x Tidechannel Pathway
1x Winding Canyons -> 1x Winding Canyons
1x Yavimaya Coast -> 1x Yavimaya Coast
2 months ago
Golgari Rot Farm > Barkchannel Pathway Flip
Simic Growth Chamber > Darkwater Catacombs
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth > Darkbore Pathway Flip
Waterlogged Grove > Darkslick Shores
Nurturing Peatland > Grand Coliseum
2 months ago
Random Combo Deck Build-Off
We are having a build-off with a random combo generated from Commander Spellbook.
If you wish to enter go to Commander Spellbook and hit “Random Combo” below the search bar. Comment below that you wish to enter and which combo you got. I’ll add you to the Participants list.
There are no prizes, this is just a fun challenge to help improve your deck building prowess.
Building time ends 5/23/2021 @ 12:00am PT.
- All cards must be EDH legal.
- Budget is $500 using low end of TCGplayer Mkt price.
- No combos over $50, if it’s more, re-roll to get a new one.
- No 5 Color decks. Reroll if needed.
- Building time ends on 5/23/2021 @ 12:00am PT.
- When building time ends, I will start a thread where you can post your deck in the comments and people can upvote the comments of decks they like.
- Hardhitta7 - Retreat to Coralhelm + Llanowar Scout + Lifegift + Simic Growth Chamber
- legendofa - Retreat to Coralhelm + Budoka Gardener Flip + Selesnya Sanctuary + Tunneling Geopede
- Gidgetimer - Imperious Perfect + Intruder Alarm + Alloy Myr
- Omniscience_is_life - Murasa Rootgrazer + Retreat to Coralhelm + Mirrormade + basic land in hand
- 1empyrean - Naru Meha, Master Wizard + Release to the Wind + Slitherwisp
- Mtg_Mega_Nerds - Glissa, the Traitor + Dictate of Erebos + Altar of Dementia + Myr Moonvessel
- Unlife - Sorin Markov + Hidetsugu's Second Rite
- plakjekaas - Dargo, the Shipwrecker + Thermopod + Desecrated Tomb + 3 creatures/artifacts on the battlefield
- VampDemigod - Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit + Murderous Redcap + Viscera Seer
- Snake_Oil - Kodama of the East Tree + Emeria Angel + Boros Garrison
- BrassLord - Drannith Magistrate + Knowledge Pool
- MagicMarc - Famished Paladin + Presence of Gond + Auriok Champion