Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (16)||brownwaterboys , IAmVytheros , straitsilver , RedRenegade , MUNdu-Vehicles , blakejohn , Waltbo , Veneficus , Zacblu10 , S3KShun8_Elite , Madhouse012 , misanthropetappedout , Stargaizer , Rabu , TFN7 , GreenDragon|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||None|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Uncommon|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Uncommon|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Uncommon|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Diabolic Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.13%
UB (Dimir): 1.08%
WB (Orzhov): 0.59%
RBW (Mardu): 0.5%
WUB (Esper): 0.44%
UBR (Grixis): 0.49%
Diabolic Tutor Discussion
1 week ago
Mirko Vosk isn’t all that great unless he can connect with the opponent. You’ll do more mill with your walls than you will with him. Replace him with Avatar of Woe
Sire of Stagnation isn’t really on theme here, and is expensive. You’re better off with Lord of the Void or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger if you’re looking for an impactful creature, but I’d probably choose Geth, Lord of the Vault or Oona, Queen of the Fae since they’re more on flavor and are good mana sinks if needed.
You have very little spot removal, Hero's Downfall , Doomblade etc, so be careful there. Also, Black has access to Plague Wind In Garruk's Wake and even Mutilate , and you definitely should be running Cyclonic Rift over Aether Gale . Board wipes are important, and you’ll have the largest toughness to survive those “all creatures get -x/-x” effects, so make use of them - Toxic Deluge would probably be the absolute best.
Don’t forget about Laboratory Maniac , because you can mill yourself.
All those cards that mill opponents when you draw a card are taking away from other cards you need unless you’re drawing a ton of cards in a turn. Notion Thief and Teferi's Puzzle Box is the absolute best combo for dimir (imho) and pairs well with those cards, but a lack of Howling Mine like effects makes these cards less relevant to the mill from your walls. Memory Erosion will just do you more work.
Tutoring is important if you’re running combo, so don’t forget Diabolic Tutor or other expensive ones if you feel like buying them.
Biggest thing is just remember you’re trying to mill a billion at a time, not little bits here and there. If a card isn’t milling a ton, replace it with something else that’s more impactful. Combo pieces are nice, but without tutoring they’re unreliable.
3 weeks ago
altec on Korvold EDH
4 weeks ago
Hey Kev, here's a couple suggestions I have. You can ignore any of these if they don't fit with what you want the deck to be.
Overall, this seems like a cool deck. Using treasure tokens & food as easy sacrifice triggers seems pretty fun.
Sac Triggers: Maybe look into the Persist mechanic ( Cauldron of Souls is pretty cool) and, Carrion Feeder is a good sac outlet for creatures. Also, Reprocess looks like some spicy tech for this deck. Squee, Goblin Nabob would let you sac him repeatedly.
Other: Altar of the Brood would be good in this deck, since you'd mill your opponents every time you make a food or treasure token.
Here's my Ghave, Guru of Spores deck if you want to see. It's a bit different, as it only focuses on Saproling tokens: Ghave Infinite Combo
4 weeks ago
It needs to be a combination of reprints and creating more cards that do similar things. I am saying white should have more tools to do what we listed smothering tithes is been a boon for white now they need more stuff like smothering tithe it price is not to bad because the set had a high print rate and the brawl decks while still running in 8-10 range it could be worse.lets say wizards makes a 3 cmc version of Enlightened Tutor printed at the uncommon or even rare level now we have a budget version to the $30 card. This would be similar to Demonic Tutor vs Diabolic Tutor the budget version still gets played in commander quite a bit because of $$$ cost is it as good no but it is still a good card in commander.
Does white need reprints yes and it needs some more cards that do similar things as it old old staples when has white had a tutor that does what Enlightened Tutor does like never it was reprinted once since 2000 and white does not really have another card like it since.
Yes a 3 cmc tutor can be printed in standard when we have 4 cost black tutors that can get any card vs one limited to what it can fetch.
1 month ago
Here are some suggestions:
You would probably benefit the most from a better ramp-package. Since you don't want to bother buying expensive lands, I'd recommend signets (which are really good for fixing colors) and talismans: Orzhov Signet , Azorius Signet , Dimir Signet , Talisman of Progress , Talisman of Dominance , Talisman of Hierarchy , & Smothering Tithe has powerful potential as well.
Ponder and Preordain are extremely powerful in helping you fix colors in the early game. They allow you to dig for the right lands. They're also good at any point in a game. Gitaxian Probe is easy to cast (at basically no cost) since you gain life.
Speaking of life-gain, you have some good ways to gain but no payoffs for it. Alhammarret's Archive seems to combo well with your general. Other ones that come to mind are Graveborn Muse , Greed , and Necropotence
I'd cut Crush Dissent and No Escape for cheaper counterspells. Lower CMC instants give you more opportunities to use them. Swan Song is BROKEN. Counterspell is good. Dispel is amazing but only if you feel your meta is threatening you with counter magic of their own. Muddle the Mixture and Narset's Reversal are unreal. Sometimes you'll misplay them though - they require some experience.
1 month ago
This is a really cool deck! I like your thought process!
Here are some suggestions:
Scheming Symmetry would work perfectly in your deck. If you want to take out redundancies such as Simic Guildmage you could use cards like Manamorphose , Mishra's Bauble or Street Wraith . I highly suggest these cards since they basically act as deck shorteners. Maybe also bump Ob Nixilis, Unshackled up to x4 and Diabolic Tutor to help find them.
Sorry, I know that was a lot, but I think you could really make something great out of this deck!
Best of luck,
1 month ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 month ago
@vileplume23 - I'm currently trying to reduce the CMC of this deck, so probably changing Diabolic Tutor with Demonic Tutor is an option for me.. Maze of Ith is very situational, and i have a lot of defensive creatures to deal with probable creatures that can kill me.. the only way i see that it can be useful is when my opponent steals Sun Titan for example and attacks me with it for a turn, then i can null the attack.. or if I'm against a voltron deck.. Council's Judgment is also situational.. I can see when i play this spell, that I can't even remove the nonland permanent that I wanted on the spot, if 2 or more opponents voted on another permanent.. politic-wise, it looks fun though..
@backdoorbonus - hmmm.. that's an interesting creature.. It can be another commander in the 99, that can recur itself to the 3rd card in the deck, but still.. It can also replace Zetalpa in the Tainted Strike + Zetalpa, Primal Dawn combo as a possible redundancy since it has double strike too.. thanks for the suggestion!