Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Want (8)||poopsmith3000 , yvoyer , Entrei , bCubed , Roi , Tales1984 , _signal_ , imOni|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Diabolic Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Diabolic Tutor Discussion
1 week ago
I would remove Cancel for Dovin's Veto, Crux of Fate for Torment of Hailfire, Diabolic Tutor for Beseech the Queen, Diabolic Edict for Go for the Throat, Personal Tutor for Lim-Dul's Vault, Laboratory Maniac for Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Graceful Adept for Archon of Emeria, Blood Seeker for Judge's Familiar, Strionic Resonator for Isochron Scepter, Baleful Strix for Windfall, Nadier's Nightblade for Dramatic Reversal, and Revel in Riches for Basalt Monolith
2 weeks ago
Have you considered Victimize or Liliana Vess? The former seems particularly good with your sacrifice effects and tokens and the latter can be a repeatable Diabolic Tutor and can even combo with the former in some instances. Crypt Ghast also seems like it would particularly good here to pay for your more expensive demons. Hope this helps.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be editing this deck soon, I really like the combos you suggested. The only reason I chose Diabolic Tutor is for the cost, minimum wage doesn't allow me many high cost cards, and this is a deck I actually own. Still, I'll throw it in there since it's free to do it on here.
2 months ago
Another Infinite Mana/Cast combo is Isochron Scepter+Dramatic Reversal. Drowned Secrets can be a fun way to mill your opponents, but it doesn't seem to support what the rest of your deck is doing. Brainspoil has transmute, but there are not many targets for it. I'd cut those two cards if you want to include the Reversal Stick combo. There's also a lot of weird things you can do with Kess and Narset's Reversal on a stick, I can tell you more about that if you're interested.
2 months ago
I see a lot of shiny cards! Love the deck "intro" :D
Instead of typing all the cards I would suggest, I got a similar deck, just with Syr Konrad, the Grim: For the Void, the idea of the deck, just like with Ayara, is to get creatures, kills them, ping opponents to death.. with few bonuses. Maybe you'll like some cards, I would definitely suggest Tortured Existence (even if it doesnt like working with Necropotence, because of the discarding into exile), with Desecrated Tomb to make a 1/1 black bat token with flying for at instant speed and since Ayara loves black creatures, its would be really good :D Black itself offers a lot of card draw to replace Necropotence.
I also wrote an explanation why I use every single card in the deck, if you would wonder why some stuff are even in there. :D Also if you would decide to give some feedback aswell, I would appreaciate it :P
Anyway, about some cards I would probably replace here:
1) Ugin, the Ineffable - making colorless cards cheaper is definitely nice, but most cards here are already cheap enough with a decent mono-black ramp, which just make it less effective 6 drop. Making tokens into card draw when they die is alright, but again, black has tons of way to generate tokens and card draw (also less synergy with Ayara, since those tokens arent black). His permanent removal is a little bit better for mono-black decks, but since it takes 2 turns to use that ability again (and killing Ugin in process) is slow, cards like Meteor Golem would be probably much more effective as a permanent removal, since it just targets any permanent no matter the color AND is a creature, so sac Meteor Golem and reanimate later. Also, Feed the Swarm.
2) Cemetery Reaper - there is only 5 other Zombie creatures (if I dont count tokens from Grave Titan,Army of the Damned and Open the Graves). Even with some zombies on board, +1/+1 is pretty small buff and Cemetery Reaper is just slow token generator.
3) Beseech the Queen - even for , you are forced to reveal the tutored card, which makes it pretty bad tutor and in my personal opinion, one of the worst tutors in mono-black. As much as I love BtQ art, its a big no from me. Just for , there is budget Diabolic Tutor that wont make you reveal the card you tutored for. Or, a bit more expensive, but mana cheaper and great in token decks: Diabolic Intent. BsQ also limits you by the number of lands you control, so its less effective in the early game.
4) Caged Sun - I know how the mana doubling is nice, but since it costs to get out, then wait a turn to get value out of it might be slow. I think tutoring for Cabal Coffers/Cabal Stronghold might be just faster and more effective. Similar problem with Gauntlet of Power, even if it costs less, it affects lands of the chosen color your opponents control too, which just might lead to some ugly moments :D Probably something like Mirage Mirror would be a good replacement, so you can make an additional copy of Cabal Coffers. Another one could be Pawn of Ulamog, since you have plenty of creatures and those 0/1 Eldrazi tokens could help you with ramp.
Some more cards that could be nice:
1) Piper of the Swarm - cheap creature that buffs some of your other rats and can make rat tokens for cheap aswell, with mind control effect too. There are some really cool Ayara decks with rat tribal aswell.
2) Clackbridge Troll - I pretty like this card since I first saw it... its big ugly troll that does a lot of stuff, forcing your opponent to sac a creature to give you 3 life and 1 card, ooorrrr you the troll hits them! :D
3) Songs of the Damned/Bubbling Muck - both are pretty good to give you a lot of mana to cast a some big stuff during a single turn.
4) Malakir Rebirth Flip - this is definitely a cool card from the last set, giving either Ayara or any other creature important at the moment "protection" or just use it as a land if needed. With Vilis on board, it also draws you 2 cards for at instant speed.
2 months ago
3) i do need better tutors, Diabolic Tutor cost way 2 much, even though this deck produces a stupid amount of mana.
4) regarding cards like Tectonic Reformation id rather have more tutors.
5) i have enough haste providers, when i do cast my commander i wouldn't have enough mana to activate his ability anyways, i have enough haste providers where it might help if the game lasts longer.
2 months ago
Hmmhmmm, I would most likey cut Arbor Elf - just because it only untaps Forest, which you have only basic and some duals, which I think isnt so worth it, any other mana dork would be better if you think you even need more of them :D Also, there already is several cards that untap all your lands/permanents, so something thats focused only on Forest is kinda uneffective, unless you get all those mana-doubling enchantments on board, which again, mana dork would do the same work, probably even better?
And second cut would probably be 1x Forest, since you have 37 lands in total (+1mdfc) and several mana dorks, etc. :D
Next thing could probably be replacing some black tutors with better tutors. Diabolic Tutor for Diabolic Intent whenever you wouldnt need any cheap mana dork, or just sac anything else with Malakir Rebirth
Flip casted on it after that creature being killed. Or just any tutor you would become liking more.
When I think about some cards I run in my mono-R deck, Tectonic Reformation is pretty decent later on when you dont need that many lands anymore. Burning Earth with enough mana dorks/artifacts, but probably not in this deck, since there is a lot of non-basic lands.
Anger just to sac it (maybe to Diabolic Intent) or just let it die/discard so your mana dorks and Yurlok have Haste right away.