Drown in Filth
Put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard, then target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each land card in your graveyard.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Drown in Filth Discussion
2 months ago
Filter Lands -> Thriving Lands + 5 Color Lands
Falta G para balancear
Quandrix Command , Draconic Intervention , Rip Apart , Venerable Warsinger , Daemogoth Woe-Eater , Daemogoth Titan , Incarnation Technique , Pest Infestation , Veyran, Voice of Duality , Laelia, the Blade Reforged , Tivash, Gloom Summoner , Essence Pulse
4 months ago
Drown in Filth might be worth considering
6 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
7 months ago
7 months ago
Firstly, I apologize for the late response. I got caught up a bit with schoolwork at the end of last week. I typed out my response a couple of days ago, but I must've managed to only click Preview and not Post. That makes me feel a little silly, hahaha.
I love Geier Reach Sanitarium as a way to discard impactful creatures that have ended up in your hand. On the topic of cards like Library and Arena, there's also other persistent sources of card draw, like Erebos, God of the Dead, Greed and Arguel's Blood Fast Flip.
Doom Whisperer is really great in this deck. Dumping cards in the yard as you please and its control over those cards really greases the gears of our machine. Regarding Elder Gargaroth, I must admit that I'm primarily running it for the keywords, so I'd definitely recommend getting a Doom Whisperer before the Gargaroth.
I find Acidic Slime to be an all star in my grindy midrange decks running green. There's always a problematic permanent it can get rid of, and in this deck in particular, the Deathtouch is also pretty nice. Angel of Finality is a card I am a little iffy on, to be honest. That being said, I like that it provides some graveyard hate outside of the common Bojuka Bog.
It is true that this deck is lacking in board wipes. The only card that comes close to that is Living Death, which can be unreliable. So far, this hasn't posed too big of a problem. I can usually get some of the most important cards in my graveyard by turn 4-5 and from there threaten with a big lifelink swing. That being said, I should probably try to fit in at least a Toxic Deluge or something.
Regarding utility spells that incidentally get things in your yard, I'll list the first cards that come to mind from the top of my head.
One of the cards that I've wanted to try but haven't found room for is Death's Oasis. The thing keeping it from being super good imo is that you're forced to return a creature to your hand, which can screw you up if you're stacking your graveyard for Kathril. Other cards that are close to being run is Splinterfright and Stitcher's Supplier
10 months ago
Respectable build. Looks quite capable. Drown in Filth would fit in nicely, if you decided you needed another way to fill the graveyard. Also acts as potential removal which is always nice.
1 year ago
You'd have a pretty hard time against spellslinger deck with your deck, so for that, Hymn might be a good weapon. As it can help your Goyfs grow against other decks as well, you should try it. To keep your card type balance, I'd kick Drown in Filth for them.