As an additional cost to cast Harrow, sacrifice a land.
Search your library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Want (3)||CrazyBurrito , joejennings9 , Vuuduuhedd|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
1 day ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
6 days ago
Thanks Electro412! Here's a couple keys to success:
Memorize your bottom card. Remember to re-memorize it every time you scry.
Draw as much as you can, scry as much as you can. You are fishing for your combo - Except for your opening hand, you never need more than 1 or 2 lands in hand at once - you will be able to draw/scry more if you even need them.
Some cards are much more useful than they seem at giving you an unfair advantage. Combos like Retreat to Coralhelm and Walking Atlas let you spitfire out lands at instant speed - the second you draw them if you wish. Retreat to Coralhelm with Dreamscape Artist turns every card in your hand into a Harrow that costs . There are little synergies like this all over the place, I still stumble upon new ones myself. Which brings us to #4.
The true strength of this deck is its interactivity. You need time to set up your combo, and you have great tools to protect yourself while you do. Be assertive, remind someone who threatens you that you can not only bounce one of their creatures a turn, but also effectively shut down any other threats with counterspells you can just retrieve later. In the rare instances this deck loses, it's because someone else combo'd out Turn 0-3 and I couldn't stop them, or everyone at the table realizes what a threat I will become and unites to crush the wizards before they can get going. Of course, not many decks can stop these threats. So be assertive, but not intimidating. Be cautious, not ambitious.
tl;dr: Just sit there and play with yourself, fishing for your combo. If anyone tries to mess with you, show them the true strength of the deck - interactivity.
4 weeks ago
You only have to sacrifice one creature. A copy is not cast (unless the effect specifically tells you to cast the copy), so none of the costs need to be paid. You'll just get a second 5 damage to any target without needing to pay mana or sacrifice another creature.
Note that this is not always the case; Goblin Grenade includes the sacrifice as an additional cost, but other cards might not. For example, you only need to sacrifice one land when casting and copying Harrow , but you would need to sacrifice X lands to both the original and the copy of Nahiri's Lithoforming because the sacrifice is part of the effect, not a cost.
Note also that some other quirks can also happen with copies of spells that care about how they were cast. For example, if you flash back Increasing Vengeance and copy it, the second one will not make two copies because it was not cast from the graveyard, even though it's a copy of a spell that was.
1 month ago
Just the usual suspects. You can make an infinite loop by copying a copy spell (though this will usually run you 7+ mana), which you can take advantage of with prowess, magecraft, Ral, Storm Conduit and anything else that triggers when you "cast or copy" a spell.
The other usual suspects are things that have prohibitive costs and two is better than one (i.e. Emergent Ultimatum and the like) and things that have additional non-mana costs, like Fling , Neoform , or Channeled Force . Discarding three cards to Channeled Force and copying it with Lutri deals 3 damage to two targets and draws you six cards. Harrow and Thrill of Possibility also do nice things in this vein.
As far as the Mavinda combo, it's not as good as you're thinking. Mavinda doesn't let you cast the spell for free—you still need to pay its costs to cast it. Again, all Lutri does if you cast it there is get you one extra copy of whatever spell you're re-casting.
1 month ago
One of the better ways to fix a land base is to lean into green more. Cards like Harrow , Sakura-Tribe Elder , Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , Fertile Ground , Roiling Regrowth , and Khalni Heart Expedition make playing your other colors easier. There’s also cheap rainbow lands like Unclaimed Territory (since most if not all of your creatures have the new creature type Phyrexian). I love the thriving lands from Jumpstart like Thriving Isle , Thriving Heath , Thriving Moor , and Thriving Grove for 4C decks.
1 month ago
Hey, for a first deck this is well done on a budget. Nice Foothills Expedition :)
Ask yourself do you need Elemental tribal with Omnath? My advice will hopefully give you ideas of how you can make upgrades with Omnath by getting away from the tribal theme. Omnath by himself is an Elemental engine, creating Elementals with landfall. Focus more on ramp and landfall for Omnath as your main source of Elementals, not other Elemental creatures.
The cards you cast before Omnath should help you to cast Omnath which will do a lot more for gameplay then casting some Elementals before him. Still play some Elementals such as Ashaya, Soul of the Wild and Bane of Progress , but play these because they're good cards not because they're Elementals. Elementals such as Creeping Trailblazer and Lavakin Brawler aren't good enough even with Elemental synergy.
Cards in the early game you want to cast are ramp.
- Sol Ring
- Lotus Cobra
- Orcish Lumberjack
- Tireless Provisioner : Modern Horizons 2 card, landfall to create treasures.
- Farseek : can search for a Mountain dual land such as Cinder Glade or Highland Forest .
- Llanowar Scout
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Harrow : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Roiling Regrowth : trigger landfall twice at instant speed.
- Springbloom Druid : trigger landfall twice.
- Stone-Seeder Hierophant
Lotus Cobra , Tireless Provisioner and Stone-Seeder Hierophant are important budget cards because of landfall which makes them combo with Perilous Forays + Omnath to repeatedly pay for the sac activation of Forays.
Ramunap Excavator , Mina and Denn, Wildborn and Moraug, Fury of Akoum are good budget support cards who are not Elementals; they're support comes from interactions with lands. Excavator lets you play lands from your graveyard which is excellent with Fetch lands for landfall: Foothills, Passage, Wilds, Expanse, Myriad Landscape , Naya Panorama , Jund Panorama . Excavator makes cards that make you sac a land when you cast them better since you can then play the land you saced from your graveyard. Excavator is also good with Valakut Exploration which is landfall for card advantage or damage to all opponents.
Wildborn lets you play another land on your turn and it also has an ability to bounce a land you control to give Omnath trample. Moraug can be a win condition with landfall giving you extra combat steps to attack with Omnath and 5/5 Elementals. You get an extra combat step after a main phase for each landfall trigger.
If you're interested in these suggestions then I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
+1 Sex deck