|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Sylvan Tutor Discussion
1 week ago
Looks good, however I'd still lower the number of dragons and add some interaction and draw:
- Night's Whisper - 2 cards for 2 mana and 2 life? It's great!
- Worldly Tutor - instead of having 'whatever' dragon you get 'exactly' what you need, same thing with Sylvan Tutor and Sarkhan's Triumph .
- Nature's Claim - very cheap interaction and giving 4 life against draconic force means absolutely nothing.
- Abrupt Decay - without white and lack of exile effects you must still up the number of removal you get here and there's no better option than a little more specific Assassin's Trophy .
- Llanowar Elves - classic dork, that can be used in place of 1 of your worse performing land.
- Lotus Cobra - since you have more of 'land matters' theme I'd consider this card and if you can afford some more fetchlands it works wonders (even 2 slow fetches will do).
- Gruul Signet and Rakdos Signet - 2 cmc rocks that add and one of the supporting colors might lower the avg. CMC and smooth out early game.
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - a 3 cmc dork, that can provide card draw AND can tap for immense amounts of mana for only !
- Sarkhan the Mad - can be translated here as 'kill one player'
- Fire-Lit Thicket - might be worth giving a shot thanks to it's flexibility
3 weeks ago
@JMCraig What are your thoughts on the benefits of having Fblthp, the Lost in the deck as another cantrip creature VS the risk of opponents targeting it to force you to shuffle your library after you use a Worldly Tutor or Sylvan Tutor ? Do you think the cases where that might be a concern are minimal enough that it doesn't matter that much? I hadn't even considered it being used against us like that until I saw someone mention it.
1 month ago
1 month ago
channelfireball12345 Honestly, I'm not looking to slot out Brutalizer Exarch just yet, he's been performing really well lately. Sylvan Tutor I'm too stubborn to run and it's sitting in my binder. Something about it being a sorcery speed topdeck tutor is so unappealing to me, especially when I am storming off and I need an actual solution in my hand. As for Winding Canyons , gonna copy and paste a previous comment where I answered that one.
"Winding Canyons : The deck is actually not starved of this ability. In fact, if you think about it, Command Beacon being on the chopping block is a really good indicator of it. The reason why is because getting rid of Yeva is never a factor because I always unload my hand in response to that removal and she is never out unless I have stuff worthy of being played."
2 months ago
2 months ago
Hey again, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Consider cards that can arrange the top of your library? These cards let you more easily reveal a creature to cheat into play with Mayael. If your friend's budget is $1000 then he/she can afford Scroll Rack and/or Sensei's Divining Top and/or Sylvan Library . These three cards are powerful repeatable ways to arrange the top of your library. Enlightened Tutor can tutor for one of these cards. Other cards that do this are creature tutors that put the creature you search for on top of your library: Worldly Tutor , Congregation at Dawn and Sylvan Tutor .
Other cards to consider:
- Iona, Shield of Emeria : in sideboard, if you have it put it main deck.
- Herald of War : in sideboard, if you have it put it main deck.
- Resplendent Angel
- Angel of Serenity
- Nature's Lore
- Defense of the Heart
- Sacred Foundry
- Stomping Ground
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Battlefield Forge
- Karplusan Forest
- Spire Garden
- Bountiful Promenade
- Mana Vault
Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
I see what you mean about Sylvan Tutor but doesn’t that make a strong argument for Summoner's Pact since it tutors straight to your hand. Or is the upkeep cost to high since we want mana to activate Yisan?
4 months ago
Sylvan Tutor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%