Castle Garenbrig enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Forest.
: Gain .
, : Gain six . Spend that mana only to cast creature spells or activate abilities of creatures.
|Have (2)||PostContact , Taki117|
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Castle Garenbrig Discussion
2 days ago
I am absolutely delighted by your comment and I am very honored to know it's your first deck. Thank you so much!!! <3
1) Kogla, the Titan Ape + Hyrax Tower Scout are absolutely perfect replacements, also opens lines up with Eternal Witness for Benefactor's Draught/Vitalize/Touch of Vitae (I'll address this one dw). I wouldn't say slower, since we can actually tutor it whereas Cloudstone Curio has to be drawn or topped off with Genesis Hydra.
2) Heartwood Storyteller has been quite the critical piece, however, I can see it being replaced by Ohran Frostfang, though I were leaning a little into the top-heavy side with this build. I hope your meta isn't too fast as this deck falls by the wayside in T4 metas. As for Touch of Vitae, this is a bit of a lynchpin of sorts as haste the MAIN reason we run it, it ensures that the dork we brought out can actually be used and to win... with an untap. I wouldn't compromise on this card, if it's too difficult for you to obtain add my discord I might be able to help you out. (Inkmoth#4507)
3) Glademuse should be played:
- When you can guarantee 1-2 draws on the rotation you drop it,
- Early on, as most decks are in set up.
- Outlet; try to seal your loops with Prowling Serpopard or bouncing the muse if better outlet achieved
- This one applies to Heartwood Storyteller as well: right before a combo player is going to try to win. i.e resp to Ad Nauseam. We want to give our opponents cards in these situations. The more of the deck we see the easier it becomes to set up lines.
- This is more of practice makes perfect bullet, but the MORE your familiarize yourself with the deck you'll see how giving your opponents cards is meaningless if you can win on top of their wincons. So if you see a line don't jam it out, just wait till the last possible moment.
On discord I would be more than happy to discuss your meta to better assess Glademuse timing
- Castle Garenbrig: Run it, doesn't hurt. I'll slot it in! Thank you! :)
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate: Same reason we don't run Vizier of the Menagerie, except it costs 5, it's sorc speed, it's random and we don't manipulate the top of the deck too much.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed: I love it, haven't found a slot for it though. Maybe if Glademuse is that much of an issue this can be your outlet... though drawing is substantially stronger.
2 days ago
Thank you very much for your build and I'm really enjoying it as my first EDH deck to start with.
I'm planning to build this deck someday once quarantine ends but I'm still fixing up my buylist before I commit into the game. I got a few questions that I hope you can answer when you are free.
1) I've only been playing this deck online so far but I saw your comment on using Hyrax Tower Scout and Kogla, the Titan Ape to replace Cloudstone Curio. Would it be viable for this version or the exclusion of Cloudstone would make the deck too slow?
2) Is there any replacements for old cards like Heartwood Storyteller and Touch of Vitae since my country/LGS doesn't have a lot of old cards?
3) How exactly do you use Glademuse? I find that my opponent gets more value than I do. Am I suppose to bounce the Glademuse back via Temur Sabertooth or Cloudstone Curio, so my opponents don't capitalize on it?
4) Any thoughts on the cards below to be put in the deck?
Sorry for the long wall of text.
1 week ago
@RNR_Gaming actually Yisan has become much stronger within the wake of the Flash banning, and while Demonic Consultation endgames are incredibly strong, the lists still reliant on Isochron Scepter are easily preyed on with the Caustic Caterpillar/Collector Ouphe builds, and even before then the old Ravenous Slime builds were really strong.
I'll admit, green as a midrange color has been lagging behind white, which due to Drannith Magistrate/Aven Mindcensor has been given a ton, Collector Ouphe in the command zone is still letting Yisan get free wins time and time again, as well, it's become incredibly resilient to the countermagic of the blue based consult lists with Allosaurus Shepherd and Destiny Spinner's recent releases, I mean in the last 3-4 years, Veil of Summer, Force of Vigor, Ravenous Slime (I mean, it was super big in Yisan for the age of Hulk), Kenrith's Transformation, Manglehorn, Runic Armasaur, Finale of Devastation (easily the best wincon), Castle Garenbrig, Blast Zone, Prismatic Vista, etc. all help the list in both value and consistency.
While I'd argue that it actually has been doing better than most partner powerhouses in the past (Tymna/Tana, Tymna/Kraum, Thrasios/Vial Smasher) due to new cards making the tutor effect more and more powerful, the format also homogenized around the consult+value+interactive strategy. While yes, Thrasios/Tymna, Kenrith, Najeela, Gitrog, Kess, and a few others are tier 1, Yisan is too. The reason artifact based Iso-rev strategies aren't as popular as they were pre-flash is because in the time flash was the big thing, Collector Ouphe and Force of Negation were printed. I mean, Drannith Magistrate too, but that card less-so, as that was really after the banning.
1 month ago
Personally, I would probably cut Lovestruck Beast, I’ve always found the card somewhat clunky, although you may view the card differently. I’d use the spaces to add another Yorvo, two God Eternals and another Questing Beast. However, I know you’re on a budget so maybe the last one might be pushing it. Alternatively, Gemrazer is a card that I’ve been having some success with, again giving trample and making you mana dorks more relevant as the game progresses, which might be another decent addition to replace Beast if the budget is tighter. With regards the Ram Through, Aspect of Hydra is the cut I would make. I’d probably run two of each, with Ram being the stronger card, but since it’s far weaker without a trample creature, Aspect might be needed in some situations. Finally, I might recommend Castle Garenbrig, the mana is great and the limitation of creatures only is very small in a deck like this. These are just what I would do, and I know that you will have your own preferences as well, but I hope that this helps you.
1 month ago
Very cool list I play a similar list.
I can also highly recommend to add some of these cards:
- Strip Mine/Wasteland
- Scavenger Grounds/Bonders' Enclave
- Summoner's Pact !!!
- Pendelhaven/Castle Garenbrig
- Lead the Stampede, Voice of Many or Compost instead of Harmonize
- Rishkar's Expertise instead of Shamanic Revelation
- Return of the Wildspeaker (/Ezuri, Renegade Leader/Craterhoof Behemoth)
- Thousand-Year Elixir
multimedia on Ghalta
1 month ago
Hey, very good budget version of Ghalta. Less than $100 at TCGPlayer is impressive.
Some card upgrades to consider:
Garruk, Primal Hunter > Soul's Majesty
Garruk can be a repeatable Majesty and it has other abilities as well as devotion.
Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig > Loathsome Chimera
Yorvo starts as a 4/4 and it can grow as more creatures you control ETB.
Shared Summons > Migration Path
Can afford to cut a land ramp spell for a creature tutor and this tutor can get two different creatures.
Bow of Nylea > Monstrous Step
Repeatedly give attacking Ghalta deathtouch can be a one sided board wipe if opponent is forced to throw all of his/her creatures to block Ghalta. Giving the Unicorns and Breaker deathtouch can also be a one sided board wipe and these creatures want to attack.
Castle Garenbrig > 1x Forest
Powerful land for ramp with green creatures.
Regrowth > Survivors' Bond
There's only two Humans here and Regrowth can recur any card.
Hunter's Insight > Life's Legacy
Insight is instant doesn't require you sac the creature to draw.
Skyshroud Claim > Ranger's Path
Same CMC, but Skyshroud puts the Forests you get onto the battlefield not tapped.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
looks like this is missing at least a few lands - all the newest castles at least, and therefore possibly many more - Castle Ardenvale, Castle Garenbrig, Castle Locthwain, Castle Embereth, Castle Vantress
2 months ago
Overwhelming Stampede great damage and trample gain. Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx great devotion mana ramp. Craterhoof Behemoth another great damage and trample gain. The Ozolith to keep all your counters. I would move Force of Vigor, Natural State to sideboard. I would remove 2 Castle Garenbrig and all the Llanowar Reborn for regular Forest and 2Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. I would also remove the 4 Managorger Hydra for 4 Khalni Hydra. Move the artifacts to side. I would also recomend putting in some Primalcrux but i wouldnt suggest straying away from the creature type past that,