|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Flamekin Village enters the battlefield, you may reveal an Elemental card from your hand. If you don't, Flamekin Village enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
, : Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||ironax , Lucretian , bakunet , Supremespeed , jstn.mrrtt , Joblaska , mziter501 , Florg , teslacoil7992 , bpiser95 , BOFH , itheoryz , Friedrice24 , Boza , sonnet666 , MoJoMiXuP , rockleemyhero|
|Want (24)||Cerradura , blancspace , ashirogimuto , TiredTofu , CryAll , PopeJonIII , ostiarius , kvfd1719 , RoninH3RO , dougalops , nicclypuff , king0fclubs , Georgez96 , insanious , kodie53 , BetaTest , Verusor , random72guy , TheSuperDodo , Jspeed , AntiheroFOREVER , kovellen , AeroArchery , Blobby_Bobby|
Flamekin Village Discussion
1 day ago
Journeyer's Kite seems pretty slow. you might be better off with something like Chandra, Torch of Defiance, It ramps you and has a lot more versatility. Also, I don't know how much value you get off Homeward Path, and Reliquary Tower. cards like Koth of the Hammer want mountains in specific. on the other hand you might want the other haste lands. Hanweir Battlements and Flamekin Village.
2 weeks ago
Darksteel Garrison seems weak to me because you're spending 5 mana on a glorified Darksteel Citadel crossed with Cathedral of War when you really could just be running said cards. Speaking of which, if you REALLY needed another indestructible land, you could run Cascading Cataracts, although its usefulness is limited in a monocolor deck.
I get that Madblind Mountain is cute with Sensei's Divining Top, but unless you're running Scroll Rack and at least a few more cards that care about deck manipulation, it's not worth losing a tempo by having your land per turn come in tapped.
If you're looking for more worthwhile utility lands, I'd suggest Hall of the Bandit Lord, Hanweir Battlements, and Flamekin Village if you wanted to give your commander haste, Inventors' Fair for artifact tutoring, Geier Reach Sanitarium and Mikokoro, Center of the Sea for draw, and Rogue's Passage for giving Kamahl unblockable
Once again, I know you love only relying on Kamahl for attacking, but Valduk, Keeper of the Flame could really be hilarious in this deck because of all the equipment!
Keep up the good work! This deck looks very annoying to play against :)
1 month ago
Swiftfoot Boots could be a decent addition to protect Vaevictis and give haste. Hanweir Battlements and Flamekin Village are also good lands that give haste for Vaevictis. Hall of the Bandit Lord only gives haste. Need for Speed fits the land sacrifice theme. Mass Hysteria is also low in mana cost. Maybe also Racecourse Fury.
Creatures that work are Xenagos, God of Revels, Surrak, the Hunt Caller, Urabrask the Hidden which also taps opponents' creatures, Anger if you discard or sacrifice it, or Garna, the Bloodflame to also bring back your dead creatures.
1 month ago
Hey! Daretti is one of my favorite decks at the moment so I'll try and give a couple solid cards that work really well and won't break the bank!
- Since red isn't too great at removing enchantments or creatures (aside from with damage) - Chaos Warp is usually a really solid card in red decks. You have Unstable Obelisk, Spine of Ish Sah, and Universal Solvent but they're all pretty high CMC so this card could be useful for helping deal with problem cards early on!
- Speaking of high CMC, your deck is a slight bit on the heavy side so including some more mana rocks wouldn't be an awful thing. Not sure how great Coveted Jewel is yet; but I think if there is any deck that makes use of it, it would be a Daretti deck. You can sacrifice it with one of your artifact sacrifice outlets (also echoing ANemoAcids recommendation of Krark-Clan Ironworks) or with Daretti's -2 before your opponents get the chance to make use of it. It's basically a Gilded Lotus (which is also the cheapest it has been in a bit because of the reprinting) with card draw attached to it in this deck. Both those cards are high CMC though, so maybe you need cheaper mana rocks like Mind Stone or maybe even Hedron Archive.
- There are WAY too many utility lands that work really well with Daretti, but here are a few of the more budget friendly and useful ones: Sequestered Stash, Inventors' Fair, Tectonic Edge, Hanweir Battlements, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Tectonic Edge, Forge of Heroes, and Mishra's Factory. Obviously you still want some red sources so not all of these are needed, but thought I'd list a few to see if any pique your interests.
- Voltaic Key, Unwinding Clock, and Clock of Omens can all put in a lot of work if your final build has more artifacts that need to tap to activate. With your current list I wouldn't put these as a priority to include, but if you decide to add more mana rocks, these cards put in a lot of work.
- Tormod's Crypt helps against graveyard based decks and is a free artifact for Daretti to sacrifice.
- Squee, Goblin Nabob lets you use Daretti's +2 ability to discard him, draw a card, and then return him back from your graveyard; netting you one card every time you do this.
- Chain Reaction is another cheap boardwipe mono-red has access to. Almost always acts as a second Blasphemous Act that you have to cast for 4.
- Mirage Mirror is just an all-around solid card. No special broken synergies (that I can think of) or anything fancy like that; just a really good card.
- If you're using Golem Artisan for evasion purposes, I would prefer cards like Whispersilk Cloak or something like that due to the extra protection it gives. If you're using it to give haste, I think cards like Anger, Hanweir Battlements, or Flamekin Village would be better. If you like the card for its flexibility that's fine too, it just feels like a steep mana cost to pay for its abilities.
- For Cogwork Assembler I like cards like Flameshadow Conjuring, Minion Reflector, or my personal favorite Mirrorworks. They can't create tokens of cards that are already on the board the same way Cogwork Assembler can, but the mana investment is much less and, in the case of Mirrorworks, you get to keep the token.
- Bosh, Iron Golem and Bogardan Hellkite are both really high CMC for what they do. I don't have any direct replacements for these, but I'd keep an eye on these two and see how they feel when you play them. It might be worth switching them out for mana rocks or something like that.
- Finally, Tuktuk the Explorer. Similar to the above cards, I don't really have a good direct replacement for this card. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the card, I'm just not a fan that it has to be destroyed before it synergizes with our deck. Before it's destroyed it's just a 1/1 goblin that we have very limited ways of destroying ourselves. Also once its gone, we can't bring it back except with Feldon of the Third Path.
I know I've rambled enough, but I'll close it out with some powerhouse semi-budget (under $25) cards to consider in case you want to splurge on a couple cards:
- Mycosynth Lattice would be the #1 pickup in my book. Price drop due to reprint and synergizes AMAZINGLY with Daretti.
- Crucible of Worlds lets you recur cards like Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, and Ghost Quarter while also letting you toss lands to Daretti's +2 and still play them (also the cheapest it has been in a while due to recent reprint).
- All Is Dust is usually a mostly one-sided boardwipe. It feels like a balanced Cyclonic Rift made for artifact decks.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle has been rising in price lately, but is a great land to throw into mono-red decks; especially if you end up getting Crucible of Worlds. Probably the least recommended of the 4 cards, but still good enough to mention.
2 months ago
I'd suggest removing these cards:
Brambleweft Behemoth - It's a 6/6 for 6 with trample, yes it's an elemental but there are far better ones, especially for 6 mana.
Drove of Elves for 4 mana, you'd want something stronger than this, it's not an elemental, and the only real upside is that it has hexproof.
Nissa's Encouragement It's not really worth to have, considering that the cards it gets you aren't that great.
Nissa, Genesis Mage there are better nissa walkers out there
I'd suggest these cards:
Ashling the Pilgrim you can build up a boardwipe, and with omnath triggers, you could easily kill everyone.
Briarhorn gives you either a 3/3 blocker with +3/+3 on target creature for a combat trick, or you can evoke it, get the +3/+3 anyways and then you get to deal damage with Omnath.
Brighthearth Banneret makes your ele's cheaper
Fertilid 2 land for 3 + 4 mana instant speed fetch too.
Flamekin Harbinger topdeck Eletutor for 1 mana. Really recommend this card, plus elemental decks are the only decks which can really run this.
Greenwarden of Murasa It's effectively a big, double eternal witness.
Incandescent Soulstroke lets you cheat out an elemental which then gets sacrificed later.
Multani, Yavimaya's Avatar gives you ways to return lands to your hand for more landfall triggers.
Skullmulcher gives some card draw.
Soul of the Harvest I know it doesn't work with all the tokens you make, buuuut it does give draw.
Undergrowth Champion gives you a nigh indestructible blocker so you can go wild with your attacks.
Walker of the Grove gives you a 4/4 ele when it leaves the battlefield.
Budoka Gardener gives you extra land draws/elemental generation
Flamekin Village gives a creature trample, and is an ele land
Primal Beyond is also an elemental land.
Raging Ravine is also an elemental land
Skarrg Guildmage makes a land 4/4 for 3 mana
Waker of the Wilds does the same thing.
Vivien Reid gives some nice card draw.
Animist's Awakening with the amount of ramp you have, you could easily have a massive awakening.
Chord of Calling is a pretty good tutor in green.
Khalni Heart Expedition Gives you moooooore ramp, but more importantly, double landfall triggers at instant speed.
Crop Rotation is an instant speed landfall.
Harrow more instant speed landfall.
Perilous Forays Sacrifice your free landfall elementals for 1 misc, get a tapped basic, and another elemental.
Sakura-Tribe Elder for more instant speed landfall.
Tireless Tracker gives you 2 mana card draw for landfall.
Forgotten Ancient can be a real all star when buffing up your board.
Grave Sifter could be a nice include to let you replay elementals, but considering that people are bringing tribal decks, maybe not.
If you went down the burn route, Hostility would be a fun card.
Rite of the Raging Storm is a pretty fun card in multiplayer.
Sylvan Awakening is okay, and pretty funny to kill someone with 2/2 lands.
Eternity Vessel Can make you live forever
Indomitable Creativity you can destroy your own elementals to get other creatures.
Kamahl's Druidic Vow upside is that you can get heaps of lands, downside is that you don't have /that/ many legendary permanents.
Constant Mists will protect you from damage all the damn time.
If you wanna be super mean, Tectonic Break to destroy everyone's lands, except that you'd have way more lands out than anyone else. Boom // Bust Destructive Force Devastating Dreams From the Ashes Thoughts of Ruin Tremble Wildfire
2 months ago
I am loving this deck so far, I just opened a Lathliss and a Sarkhan from some packs, so I am very interested in creating a dragon tribal deck, maybe add Flamekin Village for some extra aggro.
4 months ago
Cut both akromas, baneslayer, burnished hart, kokusho, utter end
5 months ago
Fervor & Hammer of Purphoros are great, but I'm already running 5 mass haste cards (Goblin Chieftain, Goblin Warchief, Akroma's Memorial, In the Web of War, Ogre Battledriver) + 4 more single target haste enablers for Krenko (Flamekin Village, Lightning Greaves, Swiftfoot Boots, Thousand-Year Elixir). Haste is important for this deck, however I like the additional utility all of my current haste effect choices have and I'm not sure what I'd swap out to make room for those 2 cards.